As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I mean my hat size is 7 1/4

Have y'all never been measured before?

We're not all vampires, man. Most of us weren't alive when wearing a fitted hat was a common everyday thing.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    All the damn time

Hell, I'm wanting some chocolate right now.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Hey, can anyone with placeholder wishlist posts please fill them in over the next 24 hours?

We are getting dangerously close to GO TIME

pokémon go fill out your wishlists

EzUAYcn.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think my head size is an 8.

Shirt size XXL Tall if possible. I'm all torso.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Dear Satan, please send me RAM

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »

You got it

4vo1ufm0ul1k.jpg

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Thank you, I was too tired to look up a pic of a ram to make that joke last night.

And that's one of the saddest sentences I've ever typed...

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: »

Sending Really Awesome Metals

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hail, Satan!

I suppose I should write up a wishlist kinda post, so here you go. First, big thanks to you already. You didn't have to send some random person from the internet a thing but here you are. I appreciate it! Here's the basic wishlist if that'll help: http://a.co/eGtUOGt

Little about what I like:
    I work making (marketing, really) video games and as such I have a PS4, Xbox One, 360, and a gaming capable PC rig. Do I get to play a lot of games? Not as many as I'd like these days. I'm still playing through Assassin's Creed Origins and have a significant backlog with things like The Witcher III and Dragon Age: Inquisition. Yes, I'm that far behind. That said, if you've got some games you dig on or some indies that I should lay my peepers on, send them my way!

I love board games and have a regular get together with some friends to play. In this category I'm pretty much down for anything. Got a favorite that you think more people should know about?

Audiobooks are something I consume a lot a LOT of. I live in LA so anytime I'm driving anywhere it usually takes a bit so I listen to books so as not to road rage myself into oblivion. I'm mostly listening to big space opera style sci-fi stuff these days like Galaxy's Edge, Expeditionary Force, The Expanse, etc. Some other of my favorites include the Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastards series) and and anything set in the Riyria universe, by Michael Sullivan. I'm also a member of a book club where we read any number of different things, so I'm pretty open.

I do a lot of traveling for work so anything that makes that go smoother and easier I'm super super into. Books, audiobooks, little pieces of kit or tech that might do the trick. Stuff like that.

Oh! I have two cats - Bacchus and Tepoz. They're awesome and we've been together for 12+ years now (I got them when they were 4 months old). If you wanna just get them something I'd be forever grateful and you'd have the love of two cats named after gods, so you'd have that going for you.

Other stufff - I'm reeeeaaaaally into wine and tend to collect and drink a lot of it in varying degrees. Reds are awesome. My favorite regions for the vino tend to be Valle De Guadalupe in Mexico and the Santa Cruz, CA area. I book vacations around this kinda thing.

To that point - I also dig on small distillers and craft cocktails. Got some recipe books or bitters that I should know about? Though, I don't drink a lot of beer.

I love love love getting lost making things in the kitchen. And I'm actually pretty freaking good at it. Recipe books are always welcome, but I do tend to be kinda picky about the tools that I use. I just don't have the space or patience for unitaskers.

I'm trying to get back into running and bleh to that - HOWEVER - I do go hiking just about every weekend I'm able. That's turning into longer and longer trips and that is leading into some overnight backpacking and camping.

You don't have to get me a damn thing from the wishlist or any thing related to what I wrote above. If you're a great baker, that's awesome! If you make art, cool! If you have a local/hometown/whatever thing that you'd like to share with more people, I wanna hear about it!

Yea, ok - I think that's enough outta me. xoxo

DrZiplock on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Updated the link in my sig, and it doesn't got straight to the post. So, hey Satan, scroll up a bit I guess.

EDIT: Link works as intended now! I think!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I need more positivity in my life right now so I'm in! Work has got me feeling down but I'm fortunate enough to be in a stable economic situation so let's do this thing!

Suggestions largely copied from last year's post:
    Hi Satan! I do not live at the address in my email but it is definitely a more secure place to send packages. Looking for ideas? Well you've come to the right place! Here are some categories to get those Satan-y juices flowing:

Things That I Like.[/] For a rough idea of subjects that I'm usually pretty fond of here's a list of things I like: The Legend of Zelda (I have the whole Hyrule Historia, Art and Artifacts, and Encyclopedia book line), the Souls/Borne games (Bloodborne is my favorite of the series and I own the art book which was gifted to me by the wonderful @JimBobtheMonkey), 2D Castlevanias, the Final Fantasy series up to 9 (my favorite and one of the few games I own an artbook from outside of Zelda and Bloodborne), fighting games/arcade games (life-long enthusiast as I grew up across the street from a bowling alley with an arcade. I also went to college and spent too much time playing Third Strike and not enough time going to class), Marvel Comics/MCU and the Mass Effect trilogy (some day I'll actually bother to finish Andromeda).

Things That You Like! I'm always open to finding new things that I might enjoy so don't hesitate to send me stuff that you think is cool even if it doesn't seem to fall in line with my interests!

Video Games. Buying games for me is really pretty difficult because I have terrible impulse control. I play primarily on PC so my Steam account should give you a good idea of the sort of games I play and enjoy (in my signature.. hopefully not private?). I won't link my Battle.net because I own... everything... oh god I have a problem. I also have a PS4 (I own pretty much every I want outside of God of War and the more recent Red Dead Redemption 2) and a Switch (I own Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and Smash is already paid for.).

Craft Beer/Beverages. I am absolutely a beer enthusiast. I love trying new things and brews from outside my region. Darker beers are my favorite, but ciders and meads are deliciously acceptable alternatives. Really, I enjoy booze in general so if you have a local whiskey that you'd like to introduce to others then don't hesitate to send it my way. Sharing drinks with friends is something I really enjoy. Don't feel comfortable sending alcohol? I'm also a huge fan of ginger ales and root beers too!

Wall Art. I made myself some wall art a couple years back but I could always use more!

Apparel? I wear a Men's Medium in most shirts. Some Mediums are too tight on me but most Larges are too big. I guess I'm an Extra Medium? Too bad that doesn't exist. I don't wear hats as much as I used to (still bald, just more comfortable with it) but I prefer to be able to put a good curve on the bill. Flat billed caps look pretty bad on me.

I have no food allergies that I'm aware of, nor do I have any dietary restrictions. I'm on that "see food" diet.

Happy Sataning, oh Lord of Darkness!

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Last minute entry! I was travelling, so I cut it pretty close this time.

Gift suggestions are here now:
    First of all, thanks for taking part in this, you're a great horned beast!

Secondly, while I am providing a link to Amazon, it is by no means a strict list. I'm happy to get basically anything and I would love to get something you like and want me to take part in. Like, just send me your favorite book or movie, maybe I don't even know it yet? I would also be super excited to get something handmade or something typical from where you live, but of course I understand if shipping costs make that unfeasible. If you do send something directly, then please mark on the outside of the package that it is a gift because customs can be a pain otherwise. The easiest way to get something to me is to buy it off Amazon Germany, they take international credit cards and usually have free shipping.

About me: I'm 37, married and have a 4 year old son (will be almost 5 by Christmas).

I wear a Men's size Small. I do have a pretty large head, though, if you want to knit me a hat.

Since my son was born I have essentially stopped playing video games except Hearthstone (and other casual/mobile games like PokemonGo), because time is short. I played a lot of WoW ans Diablo before. I don't know if and when I might get back into games. sometimes I play MarioKart (the old wii version) with some friends. I own a Nintendo 2DS now and only Pokemon Sun for it.

I own a BluRay player and don't often go to the movies. I get basically all the super hero movies from family, but other than that, if you think there was a good movie in the last couple of years that is a must-see, then that could be a good gift.

I like books, both fact and fiction. I don't own a kindle. I have read many "classics" in Fantasy/SciFi (Tolkien, Pratchett, Asimov, Adams, ...) but few newer stuff. Sending me your favorite book is a nice idea. I do have a (public transport) commute of ~1 hour (one way) every day, that I spend mostly on my phone so I have plenty time to read etc. This year, this would actually be my top wish: Send me your favorite book or just in general SciFi/fantasy stuff I can read on the train. Last year I got some great stuff.

I'm perpetually failing to get into comics. I got some for Secret Satans and enjoyed them all. You have pretty much complete freedom to introduce me to your favorite series. I enjoyed some webcomics, but haven't really kept up with any.

Food-wise, I'm a person of simple interests: I love peanut butter, and while we do have peanut butter in Germany, peanut butter based candy is still rare. So if you just send me a big bag of peanut butter filled M&Ms or similar that would already be nice. I switched to an AeroPress and Hario Grinder, so unless you wanna splurge on an excellent electric grinder, I'm set on coffee stuff. Maybe something to help making larger amounts of coffee? I usually use a French Press for that.

I like board games and have even started playing them again semi-regularly with a couple of friends. We do own a lot, but mostly older Euro-style. Games with varying amount of players would be best, we have anything from 2-6 people playing but obviously specific numbers also work if we have the right amount there. I also play D&D once a month now, but I'm not sure what I even need for that.

If you just wanna do it like everyone else will and spoil my son, that's also fine. He likes cars and dinosaurs and books. Also ninjas (from ninjago) and pirates and paw patrol. While usually I prefer the English version of media, for children's books it's better to get the German version {Please understand that I won't post pictures of my son, even if you do gift him something}

I did put NSFW ok, because I don't want to ruin your fun in sending me something crazy. I wouldn't know what to request here, though, so I can't guarantee it will be used.

Grobian on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    gaaaah I haven't been able to participate the last few years because I keep having expensive things occur late in the year. When I started a new job last year (for which an expensive move was why I couldn't participate), with a higher salary, I promised myself I would take part this year. But for the second or possibly third time in the last few years, I've been hit with medical issues around when this is starting. Even after insurance I'm looking at around $750 in medical bills. Plus I should be saving up for a car.

So I need to think about this today, but I think I will probably sign up. Probably.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I waited til the last second to apply and my application was super complicated, so I'll wait to get accepted before I update my wishlist post.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Just a quick note to my Satanee: I'm probably gonna be a late gifter. I might try to send you something small before the holidays, but I will definitely give you something before the deadline.

Gah... I don't really have a tight, cohesive wishlist post...its just all over the place.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    I waited til the last second to apply and my application was super complicated, so I'll wait to get accepted before I update my wishlist post.

You're good

List has been updated. If you've emailed [email protected] but you don't see yourself on the signup list, please contact me!

edited November 2018
    WHERE'S MY MATCH!?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hail Satan!

Amazon wishlist: http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist//3AVXV73V8C3BO also in signature.

I am a 47 year old male. Go ahead and ignore the wishlist in favor of home made items or things unique to your location.

If am I stuck with socks I wear size 10.5 shoes. Shirt size XXL. For underware waist size 38".

Slacker71 on
  • Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    @Nogs signup so I can get you a fifth time!

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    Slacker71 wrote: »
    @Nogs signup so I can get you a fifth time!
    O shi, thanks for the reminder

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hail and damned to meet you Satan!

I will continue to update this post as I have time (its been wild lately, new job, surgeries, baby, etc).

For now, some general strokes about me:

I live in Minnesota, where it is cold most of the year. I have a 18 month old daughter and a 9 year old husky dog. I am a software engineering manager.

I enjoy reading comic books, fantasy & scifi. Some of my favorite books to give you an idea: The Lies of Locke Lamora series, Kingkiller Chronicles, Dresden Files, Hyperion.

I like spicy foods and sauces.

Also amazon wishlist: http://a.co/1QyJB2U

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hail Stan! Will finish when I'm at my real computer.
    Steam Wishlist
    Amazon
    Things I like:
    music - video game music, classical ( and classical-like), random assorted other stuff like Ben Folds, the Faint, whatever. I play piano.
    Video games - I love Overwatch, puzzle games, strategy games, and indie games, Stardew Valley, classic SNES and DOS games, roguelikes. I have a PS4, 3DS, and PC.
    Books - i love sci-fi and fantasy stuff mostly. I have a Nook.
    Movies - similarly nerdy tastes here.
    Food - I love food. Not too into candy ( other than chocolate), and don't like shellfish, and most fishfish. Other than that I'm pretty wide open.
    AnimeBlood
    Beer
    I not a fan of things that are just random knick-knacks that clutter up my house. But I do like things that are cool random knick-knacks that clutter up my cube. Fangamer has a lot of cool stuff.
    My cats - I love my little furry jerks.
    Franchise etc. that I dig - Stephen Universe, Star Trek, Star Wars, MCU, The Last Airbender, My Hero Academia
    I wear a men's medium shirt.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2018
    Alright. A more comprehensive post.

Favorite color: Orange
    Favorite Superhero: The Maxx
    Favorite Graphic Novel: (Tie) Locke & Key and Saga
    Favorite sports teams: NY Giants, NY Yankees, Seattle Supersonics, NY Rangers
    Favorite video game genres: All of them? JRPG and Metroidvania stand out.
    Favorite Movie Genre: Horror
    Favorite Music: Anything except modern radio country and Raggaeton
    Favorite Food: Food
    Favorite Drink: Delicious craft beer
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight : 260
    Head Size: 8
    Shirt size: XXL or XL Tall
    Waist size: 36-38
    Shoe Size: American 12

Hobbies: Collecting Sports memorabilia, photography, collecting amiibo or other video game/comic book figures. Collecting graphic novels. Getting tattoos when I can(rarely) posting on an internet forum. Playing with my kids. Watching TV and movies. Listening to music. Reading on my kindle.

Notes: All my games are digital these days(hence the giant HDD on my wishlist for my PS4) I have a PS4 and a Switch. I don't play games on Steam these days but I do have a Steam account.

Anything else... JUST ASK!

Oh and my wishlist for you or anyone else that just wants to buy me something (my birthday is soon after Christmas... Just saying)

Hi. Check out this list: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI

Raijin Quickfoot on
    Can someone tell me if this shows up as empty? https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/fullfathomdeep/

godmode wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if this shows up as empty? https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/fullfathomdeep/

Other than the 250 hentai games it's empty.

edited November 2018
    Well yeah, I won't buy Hentai games myself but if others get them for me......

Anyway this is annoying. Can't figure out why it shows all the items in the Steam app but the site doesn't seem to show them correctly.

Fixed - apparently it was a privacy setting. Thanks!

godmode on
  • JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    There are 49 folks signed up, someone else needs to join in the festivities!

I'll just be a double Satan!

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I think I have to make the "smart", "responsible" choice and bow out. Again.

I'm sorry, everyone. And especially to myself, because I really enjoy giving gifts. But I have too many other economic concerns right now.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Looked at the list to confirm I'm on it.

I am #34 and this amuses me.

I'm very angry I wasnt #1.

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hey Satan,
    I thought you looked great in Sabrina but all your worshippers are doofuses. Thank you for your dark patronage.

I'm a 35 year old male, I wear a 2XB or just a 3X in shirts, 44 waist, uhh.. never been measured for a hat but generally go for a 7 3/8ths but I feel like I've had that be loose sometimes depending on maker. If we're going socks I'm a 9 and tend to only wear thicker work socksfor boots. Arts,crafts and food are good gifts if you're so inclined, especially art. I'm a big art fan even if i'm not so much a fan of getting it framed and hung in a timely manner. I have no allergies of note.

As far as interests, I'm big into robots(Gundam, Transformers, general mecha and the like), cyberpunk, Star Wars, the entire Tron Legacy aesthetic, most nerd shit honestly. I have everything to play current video games but I honestly don't use the Xbox much. I currently have a PS2 hooked up to a CRT because I replayed Silent Hill 3 for Halloween. I'm currently looking for a pair of first party Sony PS2 controllers, Shinobi and the Katamari games. Speaking of games I’m looking for, amazon doesn’t carry them but I’m interested in picking up Taiko Drum Master for the PS4 or switch. I always put that I would totally like copies of whatever music you like or think I should listen to as I'm terrible about discovering new bands. My big favorites are Daft Punk, Justice, Protomen, Gorillaz, Janelle Monae, Run the Jewels, I'd list Death from Above but whee friends with nazis. I have a bass guitar I really just neglect more than actually play at this point.

I have a bunch of comics on my wishlist that i'm really behind on, and I believe that list should be accurate, I also have a ton of gunpla on there that I build at a glacial pace(I'm hoping to get some work in on the set Tonkka got me last year this week). Any of the X-wing minis stuff on my wishlist from 1st edition(aka everything but the Mining Guild TIE) I'm totally fine getting as just the model itself if you can find somewhere selling them loose. Bourbon is always a good choice, I meant to finally try some Japanese whiskey when Yakuza 6 came out but never got around to it.

I dunno, I think i'm just rambling at this point. Thanks for everything you do.

Edit: oh right, some wishlists might help.
    http://smile.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/1D8Q80CJFG3CU
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lasbrook/wishlist

Lasbrook on
    Signups close at midnight or whenever I wake up tomorrow

And then some time will pass

And then the hunt will begin

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    see this is why i never signed up for this before, i knew this was some most dangerous game shit

EzUAYcn.png
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    see this is why i never signed up for this before, i knew this was some most dangerous game shit

It's 2018. Everything is a battle royale.

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Oh man, this week has sucked. Between not one but *two* debilitating migraines (one that prompted a trip to urgent care), not having any work this week, and running out of whisky, it's just been the pits.

Here's hoping I get @Raijin Quickfoot or @Goose! as my Satanee. I feel compelled to make sure people have a better week than I did (also because I'd kinda like to screw with those two).

6rceun58332p.png
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I'm very angry I wasnt #1.

Too slow :cool:

QuickSnap wrote: »
    Oh man, this week has sucked. Between not one but *two* debilitating migraines (one that prompted a trip to urgent care), not having any work this week, and running out of whisky, it's just been the pits.

Here's hoping I get @Raijin Quickfoot or @Goose! as my Satanee. I feel compelled to make sure people have a better week than I did (also because I'd kinda like to screw with those two).

If it's a severed head I'm going to be very disappointed.