As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SECRET SAINTS 2018

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    You're a babe, Raijin. Keep it up

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

He's the babe with the power.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    What power?

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Rainfall wrote: »

I mean, I'm not going to argue with this.

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    mori1972 wrote: »
    What power?

The power of voodoo.

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Who do?

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Raijin. Jesus, you people just don't read, do you?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    The Aristocrats!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just want to say that I think the generosity this year is outdoing itself in previous years. You're all maniacs!

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Do what?

Remind me of the babe!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    wait steve has never once said bah ram ewe i am confused

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2018
    It's your boy Garlic Bread, aka Keith, aka Baby Girl, aka Polly, aka Part-Time Pizza Parlor, back at it again signing up for Secret Saints

It's been a rough year (rough fuckin' 5 years but w/e). I had to leave my job back in June due to workplace harassment and the mental health issues it caused and have been unemployed since. Thankfully, I've had a good support system to keep me going so far, but I hate asking for help or anything from other people. I've come to accept that y'all are wonderful and want to help people like me out, so I'm eating my pride to sign up yet again. You're all the best and I mean it.

Amazon Wishlist: http://a.co/fsDtegr
    It goes to an empty default wishlist, but there are separate lists on the side. I'm gonna try to keep updating them; right now my brain just blanks when I try to think of things to put on there.

I've got two dogs (I'll probably make a wishlist for them, but there isn't one right now). For video games, I have a PS4 and a Switch. I've been working on getting into drag/genderqueer expression (don't judge my aesthetics, it's a work in progress!). I've also (sort of) got a house, so there's always work to be done on it; things like Home Depot or Visa gift cards are always appreciated to help with that (or if you wanna come over and fix my fence, that works too).

If you have any questions you can ask Raijin to either answer them or have him ask me.

Thank you all again for continuously proving how fucking rad you are and making me cry happy tears. I love you all.

An, uh, update to this.

I know it's tacky to ask for money as a gift, but one of my dogs punctured her side playing outside earlier today and now I have a $450 vet bill. That would be bad enough, but I'm destroying myself over the fact that I couldn't do anything for her on my own because most of my life is in shambles. I have no income (so, whoever had Raijin ask me my income when I signed up for this last year, that's your answer for this year: my income is $0. I don't even have a bank account anymore); I couldn't call a vet (I don't have phone service) or take her to the vet myself (can't drive because I can't afford car insurance). I had to get my roommate to leave work early and then we had to borrow the money from his dad so they could fix my dog.

So yeah, things like Visa gift cards or whatever would be great. I'm in no way asking for the complete bill or anything like that, but any little bit helps. Feel free to ignore my Amazon wishlist; I don't need to be entertained.

I'm not sure how this post fits with the whole "no crowdfunding posts" thing; if it violates that I'll edit this all out.

Apologies if this post comes off as douchey or I'm an asshole or what, I'm currently fighting back a complete mental breakdown and can barely focus on words or typing. The dog (Maple) is/will be fine, the same thing happened to her almost exactly 2 years ago, I'm just waiting until we can bring her home from the vet before I let all my feelings out into a pillow.

Garlic Bread on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    @Garlic Bread yo, can you put a link to a donate fund or something in your sig?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    @Garlic Bread yo, can you put a link to a donate fund or something in your sig?

I don't know how those things work (especially since I don't have a bank account right now), but I will look into them. Thank you.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Do you have a PayPal address? You should be hold and transfer funds to that.

If you have me on FB i posted it there and it's shareable.

If you don't have me on Facebook what the hell is wrong with you?

Update on the help a Garlic Bread fund.

HALFWAY THERE ALREADY!

I don't know how to deal with this emotionally other than say thank you, so thank you to everyone. I'm incredibly grateful

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Give your dag some scritches from all of us Keith

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I don't know how to deal with this emotionally other than say thank you, so thank you to everyone. I'm incredibly grateful

Don’t think you are getting out of getting gifted either. Hand over the amazon wishlist nice and slow and no one gets hurt. 😛

Give your dag some scritches from all of us Keith

radcg6px5x63.jpg

Good dog

I would personally like to thank Butt Farts for the latest $50 donation

I would personally like to thank Butt Farts for the latest $50 donation

9bh4z2w79w8b.jpg

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    What's the deadline for signing up for this, because I might need some help with getting gifts for my sister or parents, haven't decided yet

I'm going to be matching up people this weekend but that doesn't mean you can't still sign up.

Hell, you can PM me in July and I'll see what I can do to get you some cheer.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    What's the deadline for signing up for this, because I might need some help with getting gifts for my sister or parents, haven't decided yet

If in doubt, sign up.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I would sign up but I am ultra busy killing myself working in the hell known to men
    I would feel bad because of the very narrow window I have to free time for the next 6 or 7 weeks adding in if I get sick again how much worse this will be
    Either than that I have no idea how this works

Brainleech wrote: »
    I would sign up but I am ultra busy killing myself working in the hell known to men
    I would feel bad because of the very narrow window I have to free time for the next 6 or 7 weeks adding in if I get sick again how much worse this will be

Send me your address for non Saints purposes and I WON'T give it to people sending gifts out....

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular

Sounds to me like you're in need of some cheer, then.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Time technically isn't running out but I'm going to do initial matchups this weekend when I finally don't have a 13 hour work day because CAPITALISM!

• facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    @lonelyahava I appreciate the thought but I'm doing fine. I'd rather the people who really need it join Saints, for me it's more that I'm all right just not quite at the place I'd want to be for Satans.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    facetious wrote: »
    @lonelyahava I appreciate the thought but I'm doing fine. I'd rather the people who really need it join Saints, for me it's more that I'm all right just not quite at the place I'd want to be for Satans.

All I'm hearing here is "yes I am definitely signing up". There are plenty of Saints to go around, you aren't taking away from anyone!

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Hey Saints, I'm adding one more important special person to the list this year; My Ex's kid. I've signed her up before but now that she's a full on little person I can actually tell you what she likes! She's 5 years old.

She loves video games(Overwatch, Pokemon) comics (Amulet, Devil Dino and Moon Girl, DC Superhero Girls (I think she has the box set for this already), and assorted princess things for dress-up. Clothing size 5T - 6T. She's also a builder, we'd spend hours playing with Lego blocks or tinker toys.
    I gave her my old 3ds and had been meaning to purchase a 2DS for her cause she won't stop turning on the 3D and I don't want her to mess with her eyes.
    Her favorite games currently are Smash Brothers and Animal crossing, she has both. She loves all the classic Nintendo library and would play any game sent to her.

Thank you Saints thread <3

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Sounds to me like you're in need of some cheer, then.

I don't know what I want or need really even cheer sounds odd to me

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I've kinda been waffling back and forth on signing up for saint's this year. I've found myself looking longingly at satans the past few years (since I've gotten to know more SE++ folks) before having to resign myself to the fact that it was typically not a wise choice each time. Never thought about saints though because everything was largely peachy, just that I would have low disposable budget this time of the year

but the past 12 months have been kinda shitty in a lot of ways- family drama, relationship drama, friends drama, church drama (i.e I don't go anymore as I am not welcome there anymore), study not going as well as I'd like, some deaths and other unfortunate things, plus I am still unemployed (partly due to study, partly due to finding work being shithouse) and the job I had lined up for the end of this year fell through. Things have been a little better very recently but I suppose maybe some extra christmas cheer would be nice, especially with the other half having to go to the US for 3 months in the new year for work. I still feel pretty awkward putting my name down for this but I also suspect that if anyone knew I'd even considered it they would've told me to, so, here we are

I held off on signing up because I don't really have an existing wishlist, and I haven't had the time or brainpower to write much of one since I am right in the middle of my exams right now

but a quick rough thing would be
    I play a lot of tabletop games- mostly D&D- although I am pretty set for dice and have a really nice dice tray I bought myself with some birthday money earlier this year. But weird and unusual things related to RPGs are always fascinating.
    I have a cat, who is like the rock of my life, I don't super spoil him like I used to so anything cat-related would put a smile on my face too
    I collect/play Infinity, a tabletop skirmish game (specifically I collect JSA), and I'm slowly getting some stuff together for properly painting them. Been looking into airbrush stuff as well as getting some better painting gear etc
    I have a steam account too of course: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Anzekay
    the other half and I have a switch too, and I have a 3DS, but that's it for consoles
    I also love sci-fi novels, especially hard sci-fi, and I've kinda always wanted to check out some graphic novels in the genre as well, so books by niche but good authors or graphic novels would be pretty rad

guess I'll update this if I think of anything else

Anzekay on