As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Thread Bombed From Orbit [Closed]

• Redspo0nRedspo0n Registered User regular
    Ugh. Swindled by PGI again!

Although, in this case, it's my own fault for once. I saw some of the bolt-on goodies for sale in the shop, and had one in particular I liked - so I bought it - not thinking that boltons are chassis specific like everything else int he damn game.... but mostly because the boltons in the store that were on sale don't HAVE a label of which mech they go with. I figured it out, and now I need a blood asp to use my neat bolt-on. BAIT AND SWITCH, I SAY!

*Seriously though, I tried talking to their help folks and they basicly said 'Sorry, we can't refund that, but we'll pass on the note about better labels - maybe buy a Blood Asp to go with it?". I'm not mad, because it was my own mistake, but really?

"Hey, want a Skull Servent? He's Evil."
    XFIRE:redspo0n (Yep, Zero in there) XBL: Pinkspo0n
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    That'd be the first time in a long time I've seen PGI Support not be incredible.

To continue the conversation from the last page, I rationalize my mech purchases by not buying any PC games aside from what drops in Humble Monthly. I average about $20/month for MWO. It's a game I really enjoy, so I don't have an issue with it. So, we going all Vapor Eagles for Oosik Night?

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So, the Vapor Eagle is based on an anime mech but was given enough of a makeover to ensure it would be legally distinct.

I believe the Vapor Eagle was actually an original design by VMI. It only got tossed because they dumped ALL the VMI designs out of caution, not just VMI's redesigns of the earlier Macross/Dougram/Crusher Joe mechs.

I'm still fucking salty about this. The VMI original designs are fantastic, and deserve better than to be relegated to the dustbin of Battletech history.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    So, the Vapor Eagle is based on an anime mech but was given enough of a makeover to ensure it would be legally distinct.

I believe the Vapor Eagle was actually an original design by VMI. It only got tossed because they dumped ALL the VMI designs out of caution, not just VMI's redesigns of the earlier Macross/Dougram/Crusher Joe mechs.

I'm still fucking salty about this. The VMI original designs are fantastic, and deserve better than to be relegated to the dustbin of Battletech history.

Eh... opinions, lol, but the Behemoth is the only one that I think rises to the level of "okay." The rest of them are garbage. I know those second line 'Mechs were supposedly drawn by VMI, but it's hard to believe that FASA went all the way to Japan and apparently found the only people on Earth as bad at drawing giant robots as their in-house staff. All I can think of is the scene in Spaceballs where Rick Moranis is surrounded by, uh, silly geese, or something. "Who made that man a contract artist?"

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    All this story talk got me to reinstall battletech. I haven't even loaded it since I beat the final mission a few months ago.

Going to try this roguetech thing all the kids are talking about.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Thinking of making this bad boy my first assault, a Brawllander: HGN-732B

LBX and MRMs to strip off armor or hunt for crits and MPLs to focus on whatever the sandblasters opened up.

Feels like I have too much armor on the left arm and I’m iffy on the LAMS, but I feel like I need something to help me get in there.

Nobody on
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    It seems a little low on firepower.
    The MRM60 version would give you a lot better standoff firepower, with medium range batteries on the left side and a brawling loadout on the right.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Ahh, I was trying to avoid the arm slot so I could try to shield with it. I’ll save this load out for when I’m ready to buy.

Thank you!

IT'S ALMOST VAPOR EAGLE TIME, FELLOW MECH NERDS

steam_sig.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    chasm wrote: »
    IT'S ALMOST VAPOR EAGLE TIME, FELLOW MECH NERDS

PFFT, real pilots run Urbies.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    DON'T BE HATIN

steam_sig.png
    DO YOU EVEN VAPE, BRO!?
    cqeio1oddlvr.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Holy crap! Was logging in just to tinker around with my Eagles, but was spammed by so much more.

I totally forgot that the loyalty mechs dropped today, too.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    DO YOU EVEN VAPE, BRO!?
    cqeio1oddlvr.jpg

Okay, now I can see the Robotech comparisons.
    Wasn't quite getting there until I saw one capable of a classic Macross Missile Massacre.

Well that's neat:

If you put a gauss rifle in the torso of the VEagle, the barrel gets recessed into the torso. I don't know why, but I just thought that looks really cool (apparently VEagles don't get death nips).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    DO YOU EVEN VAPE, BRO!?
    cqeio1oddlvr.jpg

Wow. Now THAT is an abomination!

I forgot today was Tuesday. Patch away fellow Pilots!

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited November 2018
    Betsuni wrote: »
    DO YOU EVEN VAPE, BRO!?
    cqeio1oddlvr.jpg

Wow. Now THAT is an abomination!

I forgot today was Tuesday. Patch away fellow Pilots!

You ain't seen nothin' yet in terms of abominations!

EDIT -
    bziondr4rbl6.jpg

Erlkönig on
    Now if you painted that thing pink and brown....

oosik_betsuni.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Is that a Dual Gauss Vapor Eagle?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nips wrote: »
    Is that a Dual Gauss Vapor Eagle?

Yes it is.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Mind giving a MechDB or Smurfy build link?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Ol ww2 dazzle camo

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Mind giving a MechDB or Smurfy build link?

Here's what I have on there right now:

https://mech.nav-alpha.com/#54a64d57_VGL-1

I might change things up a bit depending how it goes (maybe I'll drop the engine a little bit and/or remove the jump jet to get either more ammo or put a third ERML on there).

edited November 2018
    I've got my VGL-1(s) repainted with crusader, in Oosik colors.

I'll post it later, stuck at work and all.

Now I just need to find a build that works for me.

Phil had the VGL-4 (I think?) setup with lbx20 and srm16 and I thought it was pretty great - but I nohaz.

I did imediately cram the 3xUAC2 arm into a couple matches - that was fun, but I think hit&run with bigger hammer suits me better.

Either that or I'm gonna stack up some LL/PPCs and get snipey

*Edit
    I tried something similar, Erl, but I suck with gauss for reasons I havent solved

Redspo0n on
    Probably the key thing with that particular double-gauss build is that you're definitely going to want to have Arm Lock enabled. Otherwise, you're going to be prone to wasting around half of your ammo.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The loyalty Night Gyr is a space marine. Laurel leaves and all.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    steam_sig.png
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 kilometers per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited November 2018
    ok so - This.
    m2qytcearx9n.jpg

I know, right?

Redspo0n on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Geeze, this Night Gyr is a mule. I'm having a lot of trouble filling out my weight before my slots. What do people usually run in these things?

website_header.jpg
    Last night I got my friendly-fire-death cherry popped in MWO

Was in my WLF-2 during a skirmish on Collective. I popped around a corner to see if I could get the last shot on a mech before it retreated. When I came back up one of the assaults panicked and put a salvo into my ass. Can’t even claim I was blocking LOS since they hadn’t chased me).

We went on to lose that match 10-12 so it’s hard not to get bitter over that one.

He didn't try to blame you? That's Assault Piloting 101.

oosik_betsuni.png
    McGibs wrote: »
    Geeze, this Night Gyr is a mule. I'm having a lot of trouble filling out my weight before my slots. What do people usually run in these things?

Two gauss rifles, ecm, large heavy laser and a targeting computer.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

The number of people who will just walk in front of an Annihilator tho

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg

They are just additional damage stats! Just keep firing, firing, firing.

oosik_betsuni.png

They are just additional damage stats! Just keep firing, firing, firing.

No brakes on the bullet train.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

4xUAC5s

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Mortious wrote: »

4xUAC5s

3xLB10X + head mounted ERML

Believe it or not, no! He was super apologetic over voice chat throughout the rest of the match.

My rule of thumb with Annihliators is that unless I’m seeing the side or back of one, I’m on the wrong side.

Unless I’m one of the few mechs left on my team and it’s an enemy Annihilator in which case shit probably got really fucked up before then.