As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa! Assignments now!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Curse you apparently common name Santee!

Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo should be quite easy to stalk.

That's the worst name I've ever heard.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

But you have heard it.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

*Runs out of room sobbing*

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    So, I woke up to ... a gift!

I got the PlayStation THQ Nordic Humble Bundle! Thank you Santa!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    So, uh... What's a good way to find out what somebody owns on Steam? If I add them as a friend to get to that list, it's kind of obvious who their Santa would be, isn't it?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Can you see their friends list? Message a friend and see if they can get you a list or check it.

If you're thinking of a specific game, I think steam will tell you if they own it if you try and gift them.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Bursar wrote: »
    So, uh... What's a good way to find out what somebody owns on Steam? If I add them as a friend to get to that list, it's kind of obvious who their Santa would be, isn't it?
    @Bursar
    If you have their steam ID, go here: https://steamcommunity.com/search/users/

You should be able to see the games they have, as well as their wishlist (unless it's been set to private).

In other, tangentially related news...
    It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
    xw9ewa4fxlk2.jpg

see317 on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Yeah, if there's someone with a private profile, you can either contact someone else who is friends with them or maybe arrange some sort of mass friend invite spree with people who aren't friends with them to mask yourself? I know I've done the latter for a few people who asked.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Had to fix my signature size and lost my gift get link. Also moved them over to imgur since Photobucket is irritating.

https://imgur.com/a/Z0dPADZ
    bIzVQ6K.gif
    LJWaakG.gif
    emhyhwS.gif
    3TX0C9Q.gif
    6J34LmD.gif
    9DxtKmH.gif

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Also if you have me, don't fret too much about what you are getting. I know my list is vague, but I enjoy just seeing what I receive and I'm thankful for all of it.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Santa. I'm about to pick up a Nintendo switch and Mario and rabbids and stardew valley.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Santa and Santee:

I just beat Ocarina of Time for the first time...

This doesn't really have anything to do with SS. I'm just excited and wanted to share.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Santa. I'm about to pick up a Nintendo switch and Mario and rabbids and stardew valley.

No Breath of the Wild or Odyssey? Santa has an easy job.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Mario kart and Zelda will be on the wish list. Figure Santa or family will get those filled out. Going to pick up let's go Eevee on Thursday, I think.

Radiation on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Mario kart and Zelda will be on the wish list. Figure Santa or family will get those filled out. Going to pick up let's go Eevee on Thursday, I think.

Splatoon 2! Pew pew!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »

Figure out if they have any friends you recognize and then PM them. Or PM a Steam thread regular. We're friends with lots and lots of PA regulars in there.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Regarding Steam shenanigans, Proxy can gather information via STEAM FRANDS.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    How early is too early?
    TOO LATE! BREAK OUT THE TINSEL THE GIFTS HAVE BEEN DROPPED!

• Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    This is gonna be interesting af.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    The funny thing is I had a feeling that I might get this person and it came true.
    No premonitions on the lottery though.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    *Stalking Commencing!*

I got a message from Proxy about some additional information needed for delivery so I think my Santa may already be on the move!

Seriously, this is one of my all-time favorite Christmas traditions now.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Edit: It was from CF.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I think I gave you a bunch of stuff to go on in the message with the personal details and stuff, but it was mostly focused on video games. I thought I should also drop some additional thoughts in here in case you want to go in a different direction!

If possible, I would prefer gifts that aren't too physically large. I have regretfully reached that stage in the nerd lifecycle where to make space for something new, I have to get rid of something old, and this is easier to do for something smaller than a breadbox rather than the reverse. If you've already fired off a giant gift before this message reached you, no worries! It's all good!

Board games: I should have a list of all my board games lying around somewhere. I'll edit this post within a few days to include it. Generally speaking, I love games that are weird-ass, whether that's in theme, mechanics, or components (though it certainly helps if the game is actually good). As I get older and free time gets scarcer, I've been trending away from large games that take half a day to play and more towards smaller games that can be explained, set up, and played in the same amount of time that it'd take to teach something like Scythe (although, sometimes I make exceptions for particularly interesting big games). Examples of some games that I'd like to own: Junk Art, Spirit Island, Barenpark.

Miniatures: I have so many many miniatures that I will never ever paint :sad: I would prefer not to receive any more, if possible!

Pen-and-paper RPGs: Same as board games, really - I'm excited by the weird more than I am by a Legally Distinct From Dungeons And Dragons. Also, I'm more interested in narrative games (like your Fates and your Powered by the Apocalypses) than I am in robust tactical simulators. Again, I'll put up a list of stuff I already have.

Novels: Like many a nerd, I (shamefully) hover in the fantasy/sci-fi genres, by and large. However, if you have a really good novel in a different genre that you like, push it on me; I could stand to have my worldview expanded. Also, to that end, I would appreciate books by authors who are not straight white dudes; I've already read lots of those, I should read some other stuff. For example, I was blown away by Octavia Butler's "Lilith's Brood", and "The Goblin Emperor" by Katherine Addison (pseudonym of Sarah Monette) is one of the most unique fantasy books I've read. There should be a bunch of junk on my Amazon wishlist that's safe to buy (I will go over it tonight to make sure it's up to date). Oh, and if you happen to be in the UK, this is the easiest thing in the world: just get me every novel by Christopher Brookmyre published after "A Snowball in Hell" (only a few of them have been published in the United States; I bought the rest during a 2008 trip to London).

Comics: This is a precarious category, since I already buy and own a lot of comics. I don't even know what kind of guidance I can provide here! Maybe something that's very niche and little-known?

Is all this helpful? Is it too constraining? Honestly, ignore all my blathering and just get me something that you think is cool. We'll celebrate it together.

Love, hugs, and kisses,
    Delduwath

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Hmm....I was told to expect something today from my Santa, and a package did arrive but it wasn't addressed to me? It was addressed to a Mr W.F., but with my address. My wife was confused and refused it.
    Santa, was this box for me? Should we call the post office and get it redelivered?!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hmm....I was told to expect something today from my Santa, and a package did arrive but it wasn't addressed to me? It was addressed to a Mr W.F., but with my address. My wife was confused and refused it.
    Santa, was this box for me? Should we call the post office and get it redelivered?!

I'm not your Santa (or am I?!) but I have it on good authority that yes, you should attempt to retrieve that package.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    @Custom Special look up

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

All I got is ceiling????
    Which looks like it can't possibly be spelled right when I look at it.

PS - My wife said it was one of those unmarked Amazon delivery cars...so we probably can't really try to get it redelivered from our end. Maybe Santa can request it?

Custom Special on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Oh shit custom, your wife just rejected Christmas cheer.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    This is the last thing I'm buying for myself before Christmastime... But I stand by this one.
    special edition covers of the d&d holiday gift set that comes out Friday
    nd0qv95pew53.jpeg

edit: sorry was on my phone didn't realize the vertical picture posted absurdly large so i cut that one out

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    This is the last thing I'm buying for myself before Christmastime... But I stand by this one.
    special edition covers of the d&d holiday gift set that comes out Fridaykixl2bxpswjt.jpeg
    nd0qv95pew53.jpeg

Oh mannnn, I kinda wish I didn't already own a set. That's gorgeous. Man, I really need to find a group and just play some D&D again :<

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    I have been informed that the confusion has been resolved and something is back on the way to me!

• Options
    And gift sent. It's in two parts! Packages. Deliveries. Whatever.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Hey Santa!

I'm pretty easily trackable online. I think I gave you my twitter handle, and from that my other social media accounts are pretty easily found and paint a pretty decent picture of me.

I don't think I'll be buying a new games this year, so my PSN ID should have all my games, last one I bought was RDR2.

Forgot to mention I wear a medium size shirt!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Santa and Santee:

I just beat Ocarina of Time for the first time...

This doesn't really have anything to do with SS. I'm just excited and wanted to share.

Not to overrun the Santa thread with Zelda talk, but I love Zelda. Did you beat Majoras Mask either? What about Breath of the Wild? Did you try out Hyrule Warriors? :biggrin:

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Dear Santa:

...I know, my hints weren't really hints, and I tend to, well, be kind of a loner and not talk much. Let's remedy this.

Video games: I am honestly not too difficult on that front, with the only genres I avoid being annual sports games and horror. I do tend to be more of a "patient gamer" though and play the big AAA events years after release. If anything, I love games with good, memorable music (Example: anything from Falcom, Undertale, the Touhou games, Celeste, etc.)

MOBAs: I only follow these for the esports nowadays. All my posts in the League and DOTA threads should be discarded. :P

Baking: Always love baking when I have free time, even if I'm not the best at it. I'll welcome anything to take that hobby up a notch or two.

Comics: Not really a fan of serialised cape comics. That's really the one thing, I'm not too difficult on comics either despite not being that much of a reader. From what I loved : the first two Saga volumes, Kingdom Come, One Punch Man, Pluto.

Japanese stuff: Avoid anime and the uh, more lewd stuff. Otherwise, all good.

Board games: I know I posted a bit about board games in my personal details, but honestly, I'm a complete newbie for that.

Pen/Paper RPGs: Actually something I want to get into, but isn't sure how. Maybe ignore the directive for board games on that one, because french names for monsters are weird.

There's a lot of "Go wild!" in these hints. But really, Internet procrastination with anxiety is a hell of a drug.

Dear Santee:

Your main gift is set! It should be sent later this month along with side gifts and get to you before Christmas.

Dear Santa, Santee and everybody else:

Posting something I'm rather proud of.
    Two weeks ago, I threw the hat.

6Jzt4kWl.jpg

• Options
    Dear Santa,

I'm 90% my shipping address should work. It's my work address, but I have had personal packages sent there before. I'm posting this here because I just received an email from Amazon saying that some packages (that I ordered) are not deliverable. Sigh. Dumb. Come on UPS, you may be delaying me sending out my Santee's gifts.

If there are issues though please let me know. I can give you an alternative address if needed.

Thanks,

ZC

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    Dear Santa,

I'm 90% my shipping address should work. It's my work address, but I have had personal packages sent there before. I'm posting this here because I just received an email from Amazon saying that some packages (that I ordered) are not deliverable. Sigh. Dumb. Come on UPS, you may be delaying me sending out my Santee's gifts.

If there are issues though please let me know. I can give you an alternative address if needed.

Thanks,

ZC

Are you reasonably close to a pickup location? That might be an option for your santa.

• Options
    Apparently Amazon works in mysterious ways....because they just left the misnamed package on our porch this morning!
    So thanks Santa? I guess it got fixed?
    emhyhwS.gif

QYsc4QFAuz1lFg2M9dG-vleobFkaWjOzWnoC8nMRjqI2XDAuwxJUyWCM_uc53xB-Z9S-OdsTSYH8voWJj-QCoLqHQnRSJG-KVxV5QMMtTmYFNp1-nnHv-cAib0mx7ub71fEhvYVt2ETXYgz0pstBG8eNQEhm88sx8Rn14eXF3sV1IFbN66pVLNBSNQbJ7s_biv7ekuB_NCzO2qPEIFHt6IUaLHZCdG3C5b8MqNHDBfoYu31235wUJyyP0OI2drFkPkSU99F2SmIH3aNyBaZXJVE4A78D6R1J7ZWWTjjvR04BuQOlLlR3h5HPEEXM3SSp61-tj9CnPNj6UhsvfPLnw3yzPNku57ch1MojZhfTgfdoPfoxKZIoB5Dj85C1Nzu3-iOdRqyh68eMk2ET3wkTb7ekSXPR19mu53woLL0U-pcnNWeHGXI2iV7TW7oDMNC25C4_dtQXqtvv9kwMP9B4UsvX-iGt_lsO6cqiNF-yrYY3WHOTa4ED-VgvLNN4F_ZPCTBuJsmsmwzh9PUoRnGPusxvprzni8dzycknHI7UDIIytL4mu21tjwVSyY0wG01uNEqMJNu5zUFsei0iM04W2lISgXGj3fUtWJMB09cgiZKTrC1i4VJxh2WpYJlI4iptOfzo071gmhjKGpGt2gm1XDBf=w1251-h938-no

A T.I.M.E. Stories expansion, and Sherlock Holmes! I've heard good about the Sherlock games, I'll have to get it out with my wife soon. And we enjoyed most of the TIME Stories adventures we've played, so I'm looking forward to breaking it back out to see what the 1982 showbiz industry has in store.

Thanks mystery Santa!!

• Options
    ZeroCow wrote: »
    Dear Santa,

Thanks,

ZC

Are you reasonably close to a pickup location? That might be an option for your santa.

I am! Good idea!

If it's through Amazon then there is a pick up location by (The) Ohio State University. And I'm close to a USPS location and UPS distribution center if worse comes to worse (or hopefully the delivery just comes through like they have before (if my santa needs to send me something via mail)).

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    latest?cb=20161212071154

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page