As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unplugged 2018 Room Shares - READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
Post here if you are looking to share your room, or looking for a room to share. Please keep your posts up to date!

YOU MAY NOT POST HERE TO TRADE ROOM SPACE FOR BADGES.

You get ONE post in this thread per UNIQUE room share situation. Do not re-post your offer/request. Re-posts will be deleted if not pre-approved by moderation staff.

If you need to modify your post and cannot edit it yourself (accounts below a certain participation threshold), PM me and I will make the edit for you. Not having permission to edit is not a valid excuse for re-posting.

If you *really* think you have a good reason to post for a second time, PM me first.

This is not a discussion thread; ONLY POSTS IN THE DESCRIBED FORMATS BELOW WILL BE ALLOWED.

If you have a room and want to fill space, use this format:

----

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:
Total Cost:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Number of Spots Available:
My Gender
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:

----

If you are looking for a place to sleep, use this format:

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes:

----

I will occasionally cull posts from the thread that have been struck out or marked as no longer valid. I will try to do this as necessary, but there will not be a hard schedule for this purpose. This will mean that there should not be a wall of inactive posts to sift through in order to find active ones. Also it means that if someone had a post that was culled from early on, they can freely re-post it later if things went south. If you abuse this, your ability to post in this thread will be revoked entirely.

• Options
    itzzzdaeitzzzdae So. Cali.Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    EDIT: FILLED

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:
    I reserved 1 extra room reserved in advance but a handful of friends confirmed they are not going :(
    Before I cancel the room I want to see if anyone is interested in the room.

Hotel: Double Tree Hilton 237 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
    Total Cost: $550 flat
    Date Arriving: Nov 29th 4:00PM
    Date Leaving: Dec 3rd 11:00AM
    Number of Spots Available: 2 Queen beds. So 4 comfortably
    My Gender Male
    Your Gender: everyone!
    Best Contact Method: itzzzdae@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: Hope to meet new gamers!

itzzzdae on
    4rYn4o8.png
  • Options
    DragonDragon Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel: Philadelphia Marriot (Connected to the convention, which is pretty awesome for the cold lol)
    Date Arriving: Friday Nov 30th
    Date Leaving: Sunday December 2
    Number of Spots Available: 4
    Bed 1: TAKEN
    Bed 1.5: TAKEN
    Floor 1: TAKEN
    Floor 2: AVAILABLE ($200 for the whole weekend)
    My Gender: F
    Your Gender: Dont care
    Best Contact Method: text me (3606101607) I will check message here sometimes as well

Additional Notes/Requests: Hotel payment 2 weeks before stay. I dont care if you snore or are noisy...we dont sleep much during PAX much anyways lol. I will have my mini human, but hes pretty chill and loves people. Other than that...dont really have anything else :D

Dragon on
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel: Hampton Inn (just behind the convention building)
    Total Cost: $50
    Date Arriving: Sunday, Dec 2
    Date Leaving: Monday December 3
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    My Gender: M
    Your Gender: don't care
    Best Contact Method: email me at isaiaht@gmail.com with "PAX Unplugged Hotel" in the title.

Additional Notes/Requests: This is my eighth PAX and my 7th time organizing a group. I've pretty much got the room organizing down by this point. I love board games (presumably you do too, if you're PAXUing!) and am generally not really a party person, but if you are that's totally fine. Venmo/paypal deposit required to hold the room. FYI hotel includes hot breakfast and wifi.

UPDATE 10/29: We have one person leaving Sunday afternoon, so if your room group is ending on Sunday AM and you need a bed post-con to make Monday travel plans, that can definitely happen! Drop me a line.

ilta on
  • Options
    PchoPcho Enforcer Pcho New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    CLOSED

Hotel: Hotel: Days Inn by Wyndham Philadelphia Convention Center
    Total Cost: $260
    Date Arriving: Wednesday 11/28/2018
    Date Leaving: Tuesday 12/4/2018
    Number of Spots Available: 4
    My Gender (currently 2 boy(s) 3 girl(s)
    Your Gender: ANY/don't care
    Best Contact Method:

Fourm PM
    Twitter: S_Sagura
    Instagram: Pcho1138
    Blizzard: pcho#1138
    Facebook: Shinji Seo Sagura

[BED 1A] : meep (closed)

[BED 1B] : Rigg (closed)

[BED 2A] : Kanga (closed)

[BED 2B] : beibeen (closed)

[FLOOR 1] Magician Thief (closed)

[FLOOR 2] ($260): (closed)

Room type: Quiet at night
    Distance: 351 feet (directly across from the convention center)
    Time: 1 Min walk

Each bed will have 2 people in it with 2 people on the floor, total of 6 people.
    Continental breakfast included every morning.

Notes: No preference on age or gender, I don’t care. NO smoking/drug(s) in the room. I will be working XA Expo. Ear plugs will be provided because I know that no one snores ^_^. I have done this a few times and would like people that are responsible and respectful. (I my self will be using the room as storage)

Cost is FLAT regardless of how long you stay.

Deposit to secure your spot is $50. If you can’t do a deposit; it will be tentative. Full payment due 1 month before the show (if you need more time, just talk to me) Payment through PayPal, others accepted just ask.

Pcho on
    PAXAnimeCTconFanExpoRenewDHAtlantaAnaheimLeakycon
    o8VqzID.png
  • Options
    PchoPcho Enforcer Pcho New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Hotel: Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
    Total Cost: $260-$350
    Date Arriving: Wednesday 11/28/2018
    Date Leaving: Tuesday 12/4/2018
    Number of Spots Available: 5
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: ANY/don't care
    Best Contact Method:

Fourm PM
    Twitter: S_Sagura
    Instagram: Pcho1138
    Blizzard: pcho#1138
    Facebook: Shinji Seo Sagura

[BED 1A] : cillianm (CLOSED)

[BED 1B] : $250 (OPEN)

[BED 2A] : $250 (OPEN)

[BED 2B] : $100 (OPEN)

[FLOOR 1] $90 (OPEN)

[FLOOR 2] Pcho (closed)

Room type: Quiet at night
    Distance: 15 miles away (rides provided for free in the morning and evening)
    Time: (1 Min walk from parking garage) (20 min drive from Inn)

Each bed will have 2 people
    There will be a total of 6 people in this room.

The free ride in the morning and evening is NOT PROVIDED FOR Bed 2B, and Floor 1 (that is why the price is lower)

The ride will leave around 7AM. And will come back sometime after 7 PM. You may opt to take alternative transportation.
    Notes: No preference on age or gender, I don’t care. NO smoking/drug(s) in the room. I will be working XA Expo. Ear plugs will be provided because I know that no one snores ^_^. I have done this a few times and would like people that are responsible and respectful.

Cost is FLAT regardless of how long you stay. Deposit to secure your spot is $50. If you can’t do a deposit; it will be tentative. Full payment due 1 month before the show (if you need more time, just talk to me) Payment through PayPal, others accepted just ask (crypto also accepted)

Pcho on
    PAXAnimeCTconFanExpoRenewDHAtlantaAnaheimLeakycon
    o8VqzID.png
  • Options
    devilaetherdevilaether Registered User new member
    edited October 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City
    Date Arriving: Thursday, 29 Nov 2018
    Date Leaving:Sunday, 02 Dec 2018
    Number of Spots Available: 1 Double Bed (Sleeps 2) = $374
    My Gender: 1 Female, 1 Male
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests: Quiet at night

zerzhul on
  • Options
    maealorilmaealoril Registered User new member
    edited September 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City
    Total Cost: 732.83 total room cost to be split equally.
    Date Arriving:Thursday, November 29, 2018 (4:00 PM - 12:00 AM). Im driving from NY so my time frame is variable
    Date Leaving:Monday, December 3, 2018 (until 11:00 AM)
    Number of Spots Available: potentially 3- its a double room and a cot can be reserved.
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender:. preferred Female or couple
    Best Contact Method: Facebook Profile Name Mae Aloril

Additional Notes/Requests: I am all for having a great time, all I ask is we all respect each other's boundaries and requests. Ive had great room share experiences before, and some horror shows. Let's strive for the former :).
    Note- if you have a room share available closer to the con for the same days, hit me up I can still cancel my reservation.

maealoril on
    If you see the Buddha, kill the Buddha.
    If you meet your Father, kill your Father.
    Free of everything, you are bound by nothing.
    Live the life that is given to you.
                                       -Genjo Sanzo
  • Options
    maealorilmaealoril Registered User new member
    My Posting for Space Available is now closed. Please disregard

If you see the Buddha, kill the Buddha.
    If you meet your Father, kill your Father.
    Free of everything, you are bound by nothing.
    Live the life that is given to you.
                                       -Genjo Sanzo
  • Options
    alashuaalashua Dr Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE

Hotel: Windsor Suites
    Total cost: 792.83
    Date Arriving: Thursday November 29th, 2018 (Afternoon)
    Date Leaving: Sunday December 2nd, 2018
    Number of Spots: I have two doubles and a cot already reserved
    1st Double-Taken
    2nd double- Available (1 person, 1 couple, or two very good close friends)
    1 cot- Available (this is really a 1 person sort of thing)
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact method:

Additional notes: This is my third PAX, I went to Unplugged and East last year and had a good time. I have tons of friends that go every year and I am peripherally involved in the community. I typically go with my better half but he and all my PAX pals have decided not to make the journey so this is my first time rooming with unknowns. My only real request is quiet between midnight-6 am and be respectful of each other's space. The room has a full kitchen and is about 4 blocks from the convention center. No drugs, I don't care if people do them I just don't want it in our room since it is still illegal in PA.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    -full, sorry y’all!-

HAVE SPACE AVALIBLE
    My Home (Fishtown/Berks subway stop, 3 miles from con center, a 15-20 min Uber ride or a 10 min ride on subway)
    OUR GENDER: Me, F, two friends already staying are M. Plus two cats.
    YOUR GENDER; Don’t care, LGBTQIA friendly.
    SPOTS: Up to two, floor/Japanese futon, feel free to bring an air mattress
    COST: Zilch, $0, just don’t make a mess.
    DATES: as early as the Wednesday before, as late as the Monday after.

Hello! I’ve had many great experiences at PAX and one of the people staying with me is a friend I met on these very boards three years ago. I have two people staying already in my 2b/2b home in Fishtown right by Berks Station and Evil Genius Beer Co. I’m happy to offer up to up to 2 more people, understand all I have left is floor space as my three beds are now claimed (I have a Japanese style futon and pillows, and plenty of blankets, plus couches. if you want to bring an air mattress please do).

Lots of space, washer/dryer, free parking and full kitchen, and easy subway access to con center (even if you have a car, it’s not worth it to drive in and park, trust me)

Please note I have two friendly kitties, and I’m very very allergic to cannabis (so even if you need it for med reasons and want to use outside, I can’t even touch anything that has had the oil on it, sorry!). I’d also prefer no smoking of cigarettes, please. I’m not much of a drinker but my landlady keeps giving me beer so feel free to raid the fridge and help me get rid of it.

No charge for crashing, and you’ll have your own entry in and out, so you won’t need to come and go with our group (though you’re welcome to roll with us). Just clean up after yourself and we’re all good.

divisionten on
  • Options
    ossipagoossipago Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, 11/29
    Date Leaving: Friday, 11/30
    Spots Needed: 1
    My Gender: M
    Your Gender: any
    Best Contact Method: PM

My schedule changed and I am now able to make one day of Unplugged. Looking for a place to crash for Thursday night only (possibly Friday). Will arrive late on Thursday and be out first thing Friday morning. I have roomshared at many Pax Easts as well as Pax Unplugged last year. Will pay proportional share of cost with deposit if required.

This discussion has been closed.