As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    My preorder from FFG showed up! In a super crushed package! Containing a crushed Reign and Reverie box! But the cards are somehow totally fine!

Under any other circumstance I'd complain to FFG or the shipping company, but I feel blessed to get these at all, haha.

I was gonna ask if they ever did the reprint. My amazon order got canceled. I still want the expansions, but they are never going to happen now.

akirasig.jpg
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    My amazon order was canceled as well. I'm not surprised the cards in the crushed boxes were fine given how much empty space is in any of these FFG card game boxes lol :P

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2018

Oh hey, there's the announcement finally.

I think someone asked me about it, and from what I played at GenCon, it plays super smooth.

EDIT: Oh snap, there's a new novella coming out too, Undercity.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I loved playing it at Magnum Opus. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Well, we're past the Zero Day. Wizards can, as always, huff a goose.

On the OTHER HAND, we have the return of CAPS LOCK INTERN over at NISEI.

https://stimhack.com/the-board-scores-hostile-takeover/

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Is the fan support really trying to kick things off with a new core set? As in an actual physical thing or just a virtual core set card list?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited October 2018
    The latter, from what I understand it. Think like Core 2.0, where it rotates in and out existing cards. Except it looks to be happening every year to keep shaking things up.

EDIT: Oh, there's a article up now talking about it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    NESI has been putting up a new post every day for the past week. Today is a closer look at the new symbols and card art.

Their online store is open; you can order prize kits with that art for $30. Kinda tempting just for the playmat alone.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    ...and the NESI rules document is up! Everything in one place, sorted by topic, with errata and some new rules to cover edge cases.

This is probably the best thing to come out of FFG losing the license, TBH.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    is there any word on how they can do this legal-wise?

I thought they'd just like be putting up PDFs of new cards but they are straight-up selling Netrunner shit

6F32U1X.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I thought they'd just like be putting up PDFs of new cards but they are straight-up selling Netrunner shit

they're not selling anything that ffg made

only custom-made cards and mats, and all the new stuff uses new assets (new credit, link, etc icons, new card borders and backs etc)

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

only custom-made cards and mats, and all the new stuff uses new assets (new credit, link, etc icons, new card borders and backs etc)

but like isn't Netrunner now back to being a WotC-owned game

could I just start producing and selling Magic cards if I designed all the art myself

6F32U1X.png
  • psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    If you didn't use any copyright symbols or text, I believe so, yes.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
    edited October 2018

could I just start producing and selling Magic cards if I designed all the art myself

if you don't use ANY of their assets, and aren't trying to directly compete with them, then yeah probably?

like, people have been making and selling custom alt-art cards for netrunner for ages and FFG was totally fine with it as long as they didn't push it too far

NISEI isn't breaking any major copyright laws, and as long as they don't push things too far the possibility of a C&D being sent is relatively low, which is what they're going for

also wotc doesn't own Android: Netrunner, they own the rights to Netrunner's general design. they don't own any of the cards and such that ffg made, just the concepts used to make them.

Anzekay on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    You also can't own game mechanics. And NISEI has been building up steam for months pretty much in the open, so at any time someone could've stopped in and stopped them.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular

I mean people have - look at the games on and offline that are basically MtG clones. What WotC crack down on is interoperability with their cards - but FFG isn't making or enforcing the game any more.

FFG just announced more Genesys stuff.

Want to see the stats of Jackson Howard?

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/31/faces-in-the-crowd/

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    CYBERDOG!

In case anyone needs it, Massdrop has a bundle of Flashpoint for $39.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Oh hey, in case anyone wants to get the Magnum Opus cards printed, I got a playset from here made, and they arrived today. Came out super nice.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know of any set of decklists that assume a complete collection of one of everything that is well balanced? I'd like to convert my collection into seven or eight decklists that are prebuilt so I could just take them out and play and kind of threat it like a board game.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    May have been mentioned already, but Miniature Market is having a Black Friday sale that includes a bunch of Netrunner stuff, including Revised Core, Terminal Directive, playmats, novels, and a ton of data packs. Good time for a rookie like me to expand my collection.

(Unfortunately, my quest to find Reign & Reverie without selling my organs on the black market continues.)

Question on Terminal Directive: Is it worth trying to find a buddy to do the story campaign with me? Or should I just tear open them packs for the juicy cards inside?

awsimo on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I found the TD campaign pretty badly balanced and not much fun.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    IIRC, the juicy cards are bundled separately from the story campaign stuff, so you can start playing with new cards immediately and then do the campaign at your leisure.

Fry on
    edited November 2018
    And here we go. NISEI just posted their SystemCore 2019.

Cerbs should be happy that Leela was saved.

YASS OVERSIGHT AI

ELI! OUR BEAUTIFUL BIOROID BOI HAS RETURNED!

Oh wow, Magnum Opus and Indexing are gone. And it sounds like Paperclip is going onto Restricted...

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    haha I personally pushed very strongly for Leela to be in SC19, along with some other changes that benefit older style run-based crim deck

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    oh nice they gave me all my favorite Jinteki toys back

Is there any deckbuilder that flags legality in the fan format?

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Lanlaorn wrote: »

I think jinteki.net is supposed to? This is apparently not currently accurate.

edit: Also, is there anywhere that has decently shot games I can watch?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Yea I saw that in the announcement but neither jinteki nor netrunnerdb support it at the moment.

Brody wrote: »
    Lanlaorn wrote: »

I think jinteki.net is supposed to? This is apparently not currently accurate.

edit: Also, is there anywhere that has decently shot games I can watch?

Both Jinteki and NRDB are getting updated asap.

Live or online? Live your best bet is the highlighted games on twitch.tv/dodgepong and the stuff Trace Five put out on youtube. Of online games the best production value stream is probably Metropole Grid (on both twitch and youtube).

edited November 2018
    I don't care if its live or not, just something to make up for the fact that I never actually get to play.

Edit: Also, Trace Five is perfect, thanks.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

edited November 2018
    Edit: also, looks like jinteki.net updated to SC19 today.

Brody on

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I really really wish i could of gotten into this

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

Draeven wrote: »
    I really really wish i could of gotten into this

While there is a lot of buzz around NISEI right now, there's also a lot of people selling out of the game. I've seen quite a few complete sets go for good prices. At least locally, we still have a few revised cores floating around too, if you want to dabble without a full commitment.

My favorite thing about LCGs is that they do represent complete games. I'm not hunting for rare or mandatory cards. Now.. finding people to play with is a bit harder, but... that's true anywhere.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    My wife and I played our first game of this together tonight. She played Maxx and I played HB. I won, but she was 1 point away from winning. My last point was behind two (easily broken) unrezzed pieces of ICE.

It really super sucks this game is going away. We had a blast. We’re about to switch sides and I will play Kit while she plays Fox News NBN.

joshofalltrades on
    My wife and I played our first game of this together tonight. She played Maxx and I played HB. I won, but she was 1 point away from winning. My last point was behind two (easily broken) unrezzed pieces of ICE.

It really super sucks this game is going away. We had a blast. We’re about to switch sides and I will play Kit while she plays Fox News NBN.

Well its still here in our hearts :), AND if you're starting playing there is tons of content to go through, AND AND the fan organisation (NISEI) is going to be producing new cards & content early next year.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Without official support it’s going to be rough going. But I’m new and I’m down for whatever.

My brother only left me three core sets, a couple of bigger expansions, and three data packs. Maybe I can find some more cheap?

Someone posted this over on Stimhack, but there's a wholesaler that seems to have a bunch of packs in stock. Link. In case it helps.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    My flgs is selling all their Netrunner packs at 70% off, if anyone is missing any I can look and see if they have it.