As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars [Galaxy of Heroes]. Why Yes, Kylo, You Can Be on Vader's Team.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Unlocked Traya this morning

My sith are terrible in general, so it doesn't do much for me right now

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Dark Bastila seems... not great based on what I saw during the marquee event.

In fact, in a humorous turn of irony, on the battle where they try to tutorial you about her stun, the enemy resisted that ability and I did not get to see the stun work in action.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So I was thinking of giving a zeta to Bossk, since I just got him to 7, but it looks like they changed “weakest enemy” so that it can’t update mid-turn?

Maybe I should just go for Talzin or Daka unique?

Bossk's zeta is pretty great. I have him at G12 and I have his leader zeta.

Weakest enemy usually works, except if you're fighting a stealth team. But "weakest" is based on % of max health. So if you run into a scenario where you are unable to touch the weakest enemy for one reason or another, just start shooting somebody else and they should eventually become the weakest, once the % gets low enough. It's kinda finicky, but I generally don't have any trouble activating his Contract.

In fact, my Bossk is pretty damn fast, and if I use his net shooter ability on his first turn, he calls the rest of the team to attack usually, and sometimes I can get a turn-1 activation of his Contract.

I zeta'd Bossk immediately when I unlocked him.

He's awesome.

I need about 50 more shards till 7*, and have his g12 gear ready to go. Hopefully I'll be able to unlock Chewy at that point.

I feel that I'm more than ready for Chewie when he returns.

Bossk is my leader. He is G12, has 1 zeta, and pretty good mods for speed and toughness.
    Boba is G12, has 1 zeta and is stacked with crit chance and crit damage mods.
    Greedo is G12 and modded for crit chance/damage.
    Cad Bane is G12 and I don't know what his mods are. They're not the best, but probably passable.
    Dengar is G12 and I don't have him zeta'd, but I'm holding an extra zeta right now that I can put on him if I think I need it.

I think my bounty Hunter team has decent mods. They're all 200+ speed at least. 2 of them are g12+ and I've been saving those + pieces for Bossk for when he can use em.

I'm sitting on 60 zetas right now, so I can zeta toons if needed.

Ok. I guess I’ll go with Bossk’s leader. Should be good for Chewie.

I think reddit was overreacting to the change. Shocking, I know.

Bossk and Boba are both g11. I’m working on getting the rest up to g10, at least. I’ve got Greedo, Cad, Zam, and Iggy. So I should be able to get a successful team.

Probably need to play with mods, as I think I’m half-assing using potency to up their health with Boba’s lead.

edited November 2018
    That's what I did when Chewie was here. Boba lead with Potency on everybody. That got me through T6 of the Chewie event, but it wasn't good enough on its own to get me T7. But now I'm definitely ready for next time.

I'm holding 1 zeta, as I said earlier. My *real* plan is to save it for GK. A lot of people are speculating that he will be getting a rework including a zeta, and I want one ready for him if that happens.

But my primary focus is now on rebels. I will be Zeta'ing Chewie soon. I also need to snag Old Ben's non-leader zeta. And I actually don't have Raid Han's zeta either, so I need that as well. I know Leia is not really considered meta, but I will probably grab her zeta anyway, because that makes her nearly invincible as long as other team members are alive.

Lucascraft on
    Have you guys looked at Canderous's kit? He looks like he was specifically designed to be an anti-tank. Several of his passives and abilities do stuff to really ruin people with taunt.

• GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    That's what I did when Chewie was here. Boba lead with Potency on everybody. That got me through T6 of the Chewie event, but it wasn't good enough on its own to get me T7. But now I'm definitely ready for next time.

I'm holding 1 zeta, as I said earlier. My *real* plan is to save it for GK. A lot of people are speculating that he will be getting a rework including a zeta, and I want one ready for him if that happens.

But my primary focus is now on rebels. I will be Zeta'ing Chewie soon. I also need to snag Old Ben's non-leader zeta. And I actually don't have Raid Han's zeta either, so I need that as well. I know Leia is not really considered meta, but I will probably grab her zeta anyway, because that makes her nearly invincible as long as other team members are alive.

I did the same and ended up with a 6*Chewie also. A few weeks ago I was able to get my Bossk to 7* and yesterday got him to G12 so I believe I should be good enough to get Chewie to 7* next time around. My Boba is G12, the rest are G11 but with Bossk lead, it should be good enough.

Regarding Dark Bastila, not sure I'm enjoying this release. On one end my best squad is a sith/empire squat and 106kgp but I can't use that team in Arena or I fall too much down. Have to rely on my Night sisters to remains top 50 on my shard.

My guild is way to small and weak. I don't even have General Kenobi so Imagine when I'll get Traya. Yeah I should consider switching guild but this week we are merging with another one so I'll wait to see if this brings enough higher level people so that we can run Elite HAAT and Sith raid and take a decision then.

I also have standby Zeta that I'm not sure to who I should give it. My Bossk already has his leader zeta, so right now, Chewie is my next possible candidate.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
    Lucascraft's Theorycrafts

Canderous's auto seems to apply stacks of DoT like crazy. Maybe load him up with just a shitload of Potency mods, and then stick him on a team with Vader Lead with the Infinite DoT zeta. After a few turns, Vader ought to be able to rip some fantastically huge Culling Blades.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Lucascraft's Theorycrafts

Canderous's auto seems to apply stacks of DoT like crazy. Maybe load him up with just a shitload of Potency mods, and then stick him on a team with Vader Lead with the Infinite DoT zeta. After a few turns, Vader ought to be able to rip some fantastically huge Culling Blades.

Hmm I bet adding him to my Vader raid team with Fett could be some huge DoT stacks.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm predicting a new raid meta with Zader lead, Canderous, Wampa, Boba, and another character that can inflict DOTs

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    I feel that I'm more than ready for Chewie when he returns.

Bossk is my leader. He is G12, has 1 zeta, and pretty good mods for speed and toughness.
    Boba is G12, has 1 zeta and is stacked with crit chance and crit damage mods.
    Greedo is G12 and modded for crit chance/damage.
    Cad Bane is G12 and I don't know what his mods are. They're not the best, but probably passable.
    Dengar is G12 and I don't have him zeta'd, but I'm holding an extra zeta right now that I can put on him if I think I need it.

I'm finally in a position where I can get 7* Chewie.

Bossk is 7*, 1 zeta, and G9 (but can upgrade him to 10+ if necessary)
    Boba is 7* G12
    Aurra Sing is 7*1 zeta, and G10
    Dengar is 7*, 1 zeta, and G11
    Embo is 6* (76/100 shards), no zeta, but G10

Once the Chewie event (and Revan event for that matter) come back, I'll be ready.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I'm predicting a new raid meta with Zader lead, Canderous, Wampa, Boba, and another character that can inflict DOTs

Or just stick Thrawn on the team, because Thrawn works on any team.

The best thing about Oreo is what my phone’s auto correct does to his name.

7*'d Bossk with these double drops.

Should be ready for Chewy.

Double drops are helping me get ready for Revan too

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Double drops are helping me get ready for Revan too

My crystal hoard is being put to good use.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @initiatefailure Sorry, I reflexively rejected your ally request, it was as I was hitting the button that I realized where I knew that name from. What's your ally code (or re-send the request, either way works for me).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Let's see, across 5 characters, I still need... 733 shards just to have access to possibly unlocking Revan.

Ugh.

At least the 3 on Hard nodes also have Ship nodes to speed things up a little. Double drops for a few days is helping make some solid progress, but nice as it is, 5 or 10 shards here and there is still a drop in the bucket.

Darn you made me do the math and see I'm still 450+ shards away from Revan

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Well, a further thought; 5 characters times 330 shards apiece is 1650 shards total. So at around 900 shards, I'm barely over half way there.

Those 185 shards per for the last two stars are such a slog. We've always known this, but when grinding out an entire team at the same time, it really shows up with a vengeance.

• ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    I assume they all have to be 7*, but what gear level do you need for the Revan event?

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    @initiatefailure Sorry, I reflexively rejected your ally request, it was as I was hitting the button that I realized where I knew that name from. What's your ally code (or re-send the request, either way works for me).

Oh sure.

It's 739-882-235

I'm just starting over again after not playing for 2 years and finding out I couldn't transfer my account from iOS to Android. So if anyone else wants to be my over leveled friend I'd welcome it.

Apostate wrote: »
    I assume they all have to be 7*, but what gear level do you need for the Revan event?

No idea how RNG dependent it is (Thrawn Event, I'm looking at you), but I'm seeing teams that allegedly completed it with Bastila and Jolee around Gear 9.5 or so, and everyone else around 7. One person beat it with M3-M4 and Mission around level 50-70 even.

YMMV, but it doesn't seem like it's one of those 'omg everyone MUST be gear 11+!!!' things.

Hrm. 5 more pieces of gear on Jolee and I'll have every single character at a higher gear level than this 'minimum' thread I'm seeing, by at least 1, and in some cases 2 full ranks. Probably don't need to worry too much about gear then. Like, I'll keep some in reserve so I can bump it up if need be, but unless this team is packing major heat for TB/TW or something, I'm not too worried about it just yet.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Wasn't expecting those anniversary drops on top of the 2x drops. Very kind of the devs to just drop all of that on us.

This has been the worst freaking double drop weekend for me in the history of the game.

Out of 3 days of doing refreshes up to the point of costing 200 crystals, I have gotten a grand total of 6 shards of my main LS/DS energy farm, 4 shards in the cantina, and a whopping 0 shards from ship energy. What a nightmare.

:bro:

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Was able to hit 7* on Bastila as well. Drops got real stingy after that.

All my kotor toons are at least 5*. Zaalbar and Bindo are halfway to 6.

mcp wrote: »
    Was able to hit 7* on Bastila as well. Drops got real stingy after that.

All my kotor toons are at least 5*. Zaalbar and Bindo are halfway to 6.

I definitely invested in shards for KOTOR refreshes.

Currently I'm sitting at the following:

Bastila - 7*
    T3 - 10/100
    Jolee - 40/85
    Zaalbar - 38/85
    Mission - 35/65

I think I can finish T3 and get Jolee and Zaalbar to 6* by year end, but Mission will take awhile. Thankfully I don't think Revan is coming back anytime soon.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    I've got Bastila 33/100, Jolee 36/100, BigZ 33/100, T3 4/100, Mission 0/100.

Just under 400 shards to go.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Wow you guys got a lot of advance for your kotor toon. I only have bastilla at 7* and mission at 5 stars. The rests are barely touched. I do admit, I'm also farming more shard for my houndstooth ship so that does cost some focus time.

double drop was barely noticeable on my side. beside for mods slicing material, I wouldn't have known there was a double drop because I got crap shard wise.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
    Well I've been focused on Kotor since Revan was announced. Dropped my just barely started FO build to get JTR

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    I think the time has come for me and a buddy of mine to find a new guild. We've been playing with a group of real life friends and co-workers for the past year, but nearly everyone has stopped participating and playing, and it feels as if my guild only has 6-10 active members out of a roster of 50.

Anyone here a part of a guild that is still active, has the capability to clear Tier 7 Sith Triumverate, and has room for 2 active players to join?

We could use you guys, but we’re a couple tiers short.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Is there a pa guild? I just jumped between three recommend Ed guilds before finding an actual active one I could leech raid rewards from

• LionswordLionsword Registered User regular
    This is @Lucascraft 's friend.

Even if the guild isn't like "Heroic Sith on farm" we'd be interested. We're just looking for a guild with people that actually participate. Like @Lucascraft said, it's basically a few of us carrying the load. We both have heroic sith ready teams (Jedi, RJT + BB8 resistance, BH's, etc) but we're the only ones.

What is more frustrating than that, however, is TB and TW. We just cannot get more than 25-30 people to do these out of our guild of 50, and it's always a different group of players that don't play. Most of all we're just trying to find a guild with actual active players that play at least daily. We don't always get our 600 tickets but we're almost always at 400 or more daily and it's annoying to see 0's from people frequently.

Thanks all!

Lionsword#1156
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I would also like to join said PA Guild. I'm only level 70 though with 5-6 star characters... Maybe I should stick with the recommendeds for now.