As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Keyforge: The Age of Ascension is upon us!

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So one of my FLGS held their pre-launch tonight.

D.J. Rocketfall of the Drunk Arena. Which, while fun... has nothing on someone else's Pyromutant, Spawn of Megatron.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Master Vault website seems to be live. Havn’t checked for the app version yet.

https://www.keyforgegame.com

EDIT: My two decks from the pre-release: The Intensely Staunch Pirate of Bishopford
    Gallardo, the Prophet of Grasswater

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Vault confirms legitimacy of the Fraulein of Camhub!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Vault confirms legitimacy of the Fraulein of Camhub!

Incredible.

My decks are:
    Madam Geopi Valeria
    Walker, the General of Rampages
    and Ecouland the Heartlessly Long Legged

edited November 2018
    I have my 5 decks! But I’m going to try to be disciplined and ration opening them.

First one is G.Eden, Merosala’s Rich Patron

Got my wished for Mars, along with Dis and Sanctum.

Looks pretty solid to me.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Cantido wrote: »
    A good article on the universal strategy of Keyforge.
    https://medium.com/@jaysonsethlindley/how-do-keyforge-universal-strategies-for-piloting-in-the-crucible-4ebce8c7a744
    In this way, I would postulate that almost every deck in Keyforge is best thought of, first and foremost, as a Midrange deck. Midrange decks in other card games are decks that adjust their strategy in response to the boardstate and what the opponent is doing, and almost every deck in Keyforge needs to play that way.

*erection*

That is a terrible definition of midrange. Rest of the article is good though.

Dis' on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Picked up my starter plus another deck for funsies. Names are...

Xi "Warlord Crybaby" Myers

F. Grambling, the Village Web Keeper

Mayor Leewis

I can't decide if I like the Mayor or the Warlord's name better, lol. There's something so delightfully simple about Mayor Leewis.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Went to prerelease last Saturday, ended up with a Mars, Logos, Shadows deck that has a lot of archive synergy that I never really got to work. Going to a release event tonight and picking up a couple new decks.
    Also, the Team Covenant Archon Tokens are live. They have a set of core tokens, unique amber tokens, and two decks on discount that I am very tempted by.

There are too many things coming out right now that I want to spend $60-70 dollars on...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Dark080matterDark080matter CrateriaRegistered User regular
    I'm so unbelievably happy that Wang the Suddenly Bruised survived as a deck, seems like it's owner was able to register it.

edited November 2018
    I figured Wang would be fine. Perfectly acceptable Chinese name and all.

This one however has yet to pop up on the vault and may not...

HXXCMrDWZpG4bZpuByPyN3aC08OtcFY7ujpFUUasufM.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=b2855d4ee9fb74851a8e69471ddc2ef2d5c03494

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Oh man, you can just sit refreshing the search page and watch the deck names roll in!

This could be addicting.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Picked up my starter plus another deck for funsies. Names are...

Xi "Warlord Crybaby" Myers

F. Grambling, the Village Web Keeper

Mayor Leewis

I can't decide if I like the Mayor or the Warlord's name better, lol. There's something so delightfully simple about Mayor Leewis.

Mayor Leewis is my only non-Mars deck, and the only one with 4 rares, but it feels really weak. It only has 14 Creatures, there's not a lot of synergy to be found, and it has some weak doubles and a weak triple. I was hoping for more out of Shadows/Brobnar/Logos.

F. Grambling, however, feels really good. Untamed/Mars/Brobnar, with 21 Creatures and 3 Rares. The Untamed stuff is a good selection, and includes the rare Lupo, the Scarred who is a big 6 Power creature with Skirmish, plus when played he deals 2 damage to an enemy creature. Halacor is a 4 Power creature who gives Skirmish to friendly flank creatures, which is also real gud. Nocturnal Maneuver is an Action that exhausts 3 enemy creatures, and Mimicry is an action that copies an action in the enemy's discard pile. These are some great cards.

Mars in in here too, but for once it's pretty light on the "other Mars cards" stuff. There's a single Mothergun and a Yxili Marauder, but that's about it. There is a Zyzzix the Many who seems pretty great, a Tunk which is a 6 power Robot that heals itself to full when you play another Mars creature, two Mindwarpers and two Grabber Jammers. Shatter Storm is an absurd rare that destroys all your Aether, than destroys triple that much Aether on your opponent's side. And then two big AoE stuns with controllable downsides.

Last faction in the deck is Brobnar, and this one's a much better setup. Some good creatures, two Mighty Javelins, a Tremor, and an Anger just for funsies.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Oh hey, there's the iOS version of Master Vault. Seems to be up at least in the NA store.

Also, I missed this, but you get Aembershards from doing various things, which look to be able to turned into Keys when you get 18 of them.
    Collect your own fragments of the mysterious Æmber that runs throughout the Crucible. To earn this in-app currency, master the world of KeyForge by registering your decks, elevating your Archon's power at official tournaments, and more! Æmbershards can be redeemed for prizes or even earn you access to special events!

persona4celestia.jpg
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Hey, if anyone's in the Springfield, IL area looking to attend a release event hit up Titan Games at 6:30pm.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Oh man, stopped by a local store on the way home to pick up a deck and sleeves, and got a set of metal promo Keys!
    The deck I got was Hecate, Cynic of the Portly Station, which I'm really interested to see how it plays with so much board control.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Well, I wanted some Sanctum and Shadows, and then both my new decks in the core set HAD both

So now I do!

6F32U1X.png
    edited November 2018
    So my decks atm:
    Lawton, the Ripper of Dis
    D.J. Rocketfall of the Drunk Arena

Lawton is just asking "who says there's no control decks" with all those board wipes, multi-stuns, and mass damage effects. Plus two succubi, ember imp... when I tested this my opponent was not happy about the combo of "lose one amber per turn" and "can only play two cards per turn" on either side of a taunt man.

Also, a disgusting combo in D.J.: Macis Asp (3 power skirmish poison) and One Stood Against Many (ready and fight with a creature three times against different enemy creatures), which becomes "kill three enemy creatures".

Polaritie on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Can't wait to have the scratch together to buy a couple decks. Seems like a cig I can get my wife into.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited November 2018
    Tournament regulations are up as well.

ARCHON
    • Swiss and Single Elimination, Single-Game Rounds:
    35 minutes each
    • Final Single Elimination, Single-Game Rounds: 50
    minutes
    • Swiss and Single Elimination, Best-of-Three Rounds
    (except Final): 90 minutes each
    • Final Single Elimination, Best-of-Three Round: 120
    minutes

SEALED
    • Swiss and Single Elimination, Single-Game Rounds:
    45 minutes each
    • Final Single Elimination, Single-Game Rounds: 60
    minutes
    • Swiss and Single Elimination, Best-of-Three Rounds
    (except Final): 100 minutes each
    • Final Single Elimination, Best-of-Three Round: 125
    minutes

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Hey when a card effect doesn't specify opponent, does it apply to my creatures/stuff as well? ie Coward's End?

Also I got Scysteel, the Luddite Rebel (Dis, Shadow, Mars)
    and Declan, Caermountain Chief (Brobnar, Dis, Sanctum)

Seems like my two decks would make for a crazy match up, I'll scan them in after the hockey game tonight if I remember to.

akirasig.jpg
    If it doesn’t specify “enemy,” you can use it on yourself

6F32U1X.png
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Hey when a card effect doesn't specify opponent, does it apply to my creatures/stuff as well? ie Coward's End?
    Cowards end will destroy all undamaged creatures, yes even your own.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hey, if anyone's in the Springfield, IL area looking to attend a release event hit up Titan Games at 6:30pm.

Sorry. Was up here in Bloomington, where we had a great turnout. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Noice.

We had a pretty decent turnout too, considering the weather.

I got a Maverick!

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/698f9d39-13bc-4bb1-a292-99334ff09247
    It's an Urchin. :P

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    (what's a maverick)

(what's a maverick)

A card in a different house to its normal one. They’re pretty rare.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited November 2018
    Holy crap, they really ballsed up this random name generation lark.

No excuses with unfortunate random syllable combinations here. They clearly just used a very poorly vetted word list.

bxrf04hf3ly11.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=762f045a2a8af33a67c63b7c10b7175a282d2a7f

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Aw man, in my agro Brobnar deck, I got 2 Shields of Justice cards, but only 2 Sanctum creatures I can really use it with in my deck. :(

Scysteel, the Luddite Rebel
    Declan, Caermountain Chief

bobAkirafett on
    akirasig.jpg
  • DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    So just got a bunch of decks.
    Now I just need to start playing them all.
    The names aren't that bad, like:
    The lion who fatefully amasses protection
    Or my personal favourite:
    The madam of atomworld.

steam_sig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I need to learn to discard. I'm not responding to bad hands properly.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Cantido wrote: »
    I need to learn to discard. I'm not responding to bad hands properly.

The main thing to remember: you will probably cycle through your whole deck at least once, so if you have a card that will not be useful at the exact moment you call that house or the VERY next time you will, ditch it, get something else, the card will come back

6F32U1X.png
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    My two are:

d'Albert, Wizardhaven's Slimy Noble
    which doesn't sound very heroic or powerful, but this is the deck and it's mine.

Edit: unpacked now. (It's actually U. d'Albert, Wizardhaven's Slimy Noble, get it right, you hedge-born churl).
    U. d'Albert is Mars/Dis/Brobnar

The Countess of Diretunnel.
    The Countess is Untamed/Shadows/Sanctum.

In the train, so no time yet to completely unwrap it.

Don't know how rare each card is, but one deck has the a card with the artwork on the back of the box, the other has the artwork on the front.

Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Bummer. Finally found a launch event near me, but they already sold out of all the decks. They won't have any for sale at the event.

What is this I don't even.
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    :bro:

That sucks. Hopefully they get a big shipment in for next week and maybe you get a black friday deal out of it :+1:

Im going to try and pick up a core tomorrow at my regularly scheduled meetup. Wont be too bothered if I have to wait a week or two though.

I taught the game to 2 people during lunch today. Didn't get to play myself, but no biggie there; I'll get a game in next time :)
    I did manage to see an 8-Æmber swing on the last turn though, so that was fun.

From watching, it seems like knowing when to fight and when to reap with your creatures is going to be pretty important.

I taught the game to 2 people during lunch today. Didn't get to play myself, but no biggie there; I'll get a game in next time :)
    I did manage to see an 8-Æmber swing on the last turn though, so that was fun.

From watching, it seems like knowing when to fight and when to reap with your creatures is going to be pretty important.

My best is something like 12-13 at once using Too Much to Protect and another steal effect to deny my opponent their third key. They had no way to stop me making my third on their turn after that since I had 16+ then.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    *checks fedex tracking number thats not delivering until next wednesday again for the nth time today*

im dying here!

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I guess it's a good sign that this game is so hot apparently literally no one can keep it in stock.

What is this I don't even.
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    *checks fedex tracking number thats not delivering until next wednesday again for the nth time today*

im dying here!

My friend yesterday: "Ha, I pre-ordered, my package is in the mail. I'll have two decks tonight so we can play tomorrow."

My friend today: "They lost my package."

(Luckily they found it and he received it today.)

Steam/Origin: davydizzy