As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Your Cube Was Nuked By xXx420yolo_69

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    The blueprint system is so bad. You move your CAMP so often, but you have to place every section of the building one at a time. It's easier to just place all the workbenches I want one at a time.

Is that how you are supposed to do it ? I built a crafting building with vegetable crops next door and saved the whole thing as one blueprint but now that I've moved I can't place it, I keep seeing the "Object is Floating" error. I guess I need an absolutely flat surface like a highway ? I hope not, I invested a lot in that blueprint and I'd hate to lose it.

But the intention is that you save your stuff as modules ?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Fairchild wrote: »
    The blueprint system is so bad. You move your CAMP so often, but you have to place every section of the building one at a time. It's easier to just place all the workbenches I want one at a time.

Is that how you are supposed to do it ? I built a crafting building with vegetable crops next door and saved the whole thing as one blueprint but now that I've moved I can't place it, I keep seeing the "Object is Floating" error. I guess I need an absolutely flat surface like a highway ? I hope not, I invested a lot in that blueprint and I'd hate to lose it.

If you try to place the full blueprint, it creates an entirely new building rather than placing the one that already exists. Hopefully, it’s just a bug, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was an oversight.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Hey folks will I be able to enjoy this solo?

Probably. It's kind of "multiplayer by choice". You'll see people in your world, but if you don't flag for PvP they do almost no damage to you.

It has plenty to do, but it's definitely not a story heavy main line Fallout. It's meant to be played with a team, but you can get plenty done solo. Not sure about the very top end content, but I think there's plenty to do solo.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Has anyone got experience with Workshops? I built a bunch of turrets over there and some props, knew I was about to log off and just "Stored" every item before logging off.

Log back in later and went back to my CAMP, 0 items in "Storage" in my build mode, is the stuff just gone?/locked to workshops building only?/dismantled for 50% item values? ... I have no idea at least.

I also got hit by a bug where I only had 120 carry weight until I logged out and logged back in again. (I checked "Effects" for diseases and everything)

The stuff in workshops only exists there, if you store them they vanish. The reason for this is that workshops generate their own budget for building things, if the resource is in green the workshop is paying for it, not you. It makes sense the stuff vanishes it would possible to just take a workshop and farm free resources.
    I got a notice in game that I got a friend request from someone but apparently I'm an idiot and can't figure out how to accept it? The social menu doesn't seem to show it anywhere.

I r dum...

It was probably me, I have the same issue, Gnometank added me and I missed pressing the prompt and it wasn’t appearing in social anywhere. Luckily send an invite to his name automatically added him, so try sending and invite to Evidar and it should accept the invite on its own.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Huh, turns out (regular) stimpaks have a weight of 1 each, so I guess I don't need to haul around 50 of them.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Huh, turns out (regular) stimpaks have a weight of 1 each, so I guess I don't need to haul around 50 of them.

I somehow hadn’t noticed that either. Might get that Chem-weight-lowering perk after all.

• Options
    Can you actually smelt ore somehow? Can't trash it.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Can you actually smelt ore somehow? Can't trash it.

Chemistry table with acid.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Weight Management - The Game
    Featuring Guest Stars, Apocalyptic Setting.

Taking stuff like steel or cloth and bundling it to a bulk item lets you sell it to vendors, even for a decent amount of caps.

Also while Power Armor parts are heavy as fuck, I usually scrap spares if possible since they give screws.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Fairchild wrote: »

The problem is the ground.

So you build your structure, place everything in legal position with the ground. You make a blueprint.

You move and open your blueprint. Whoops the ground is different and now it dosn’t work.

I think the solution is to have a fairly large bed of foundations, like more than the structure needs, to try and have a wide a “flat” surface as possible.

• Options
    The answer to the blueprint issue is this:
    • Create your house/base/etc with a set flat foundation.
    • When you go to create the blueprint select everything but the foundation.
    • When you make your new base, you only have to remake the foundation by hand, and then you can drop the rest of your blueprinted building on top of it.

• Options
    I'd like to add some of ya as friends, but apparently I can't reach the rightmost third of the screen with that part of the UI on that screen.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Can someone explain leveling to me. I get that I can upgrade a special point and that I can pick a perk card for each slot

But when I level up it makes me pick a perk card to upgrade the corresponding special stat and that’s what confuses me.

I’m level 6 abs I still don’t know what I’m doing on that screen

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018

Absolutely. You can play this exactly like an SP fallout.
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Can someone explain leveling to me. I get that I can upgrade a special point and that I can pick a perk card for each slot

But when I level up it makes me pick a perk card to upgrade the corresponding special stat and that’s what confuses me.

Every level up to 50 you can choose what special stat to upgrade by picking a corresponding perk card. Every 5 levels you get a pack of random cards. Post 50 you can still pick from available cards each level but they wont raise your special stats.

Edit: dont focus so much on the cards, you'll be able to set up your deck however you want later since you just keep getting perk cards, focus on getting your special stats where you need them to be until you hit 50 instead. I focused on cards not stats and now I'm waiting on re-specing so I can ungimp my char.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Good freaking god... my kingdom for adhesive!

Was there a shortage of glue and tape in prewar WV? Were all the kids eating it or something? I feel like I can't ever repair anything or craft anything because every single thing I want to do needs more sticky stuff.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018

Every level up to 50 you can choose what special stat to upgrade by picking a corresponding perk card. Every 5 levels you get a pack of random cards. Post 50 you can still pick from available cards each level but they wont raise your special stats.

Edit: dont focus so much on the cards, you'll be able to set up your deck however you want later since you just keep getting perk cards, focus on getting your special stats where you need them to be until you hit 50 instead. I focused on cards not stats and now I'm waiting on re-specing so I can ungimp my char.

That series of level up / perk screens is a bit confusing.

What seems to happen is this: You hit the level up button. Every five(?) levels, this opens a perk pack and gives you new cards. Every non-pack level, you get one card.

Then you pick a SPECIAL stat to update - Strength, Perception, Endurance, etc.
    This a) improves your character - Strength gives more carry weight for example.
    b) gives you more 'slots' in which to put Perk cards. For example, if you have three Strength, you can use three level 1 strength cards, a level 2 and a level 1, or one level 3

Then you pick a new perk card. The screen defaults to showing you perk cards relevant to the stat you've just increased, but you don't have to select a card from that stat if you don't want to. For example, if you increased strength, it shows you all your strength perk cards to pick from. But you can change the filter to display cards from other stats (or all the cards you own!), which is useful if you want to grab a card that isn't from the stat you increased.

Now, you may be saying, "I've got two strength, and a perk card worth 1 point in strength; the second level on that card looks great! How do I do I get that?" Easy. When you pick a perk card, you pick the card you want to increase the level of. You can then *combine* that card with the one you already have, to increase its level. Though if you, say, increase a Strenght perk to level 3, and only have two strength, you won't be able to use that card until you increase your stat!

Anyway, you pick your perk card, maybe change which cards you're currently using in each set of stat 'slots', and away you go, back into the Wasteland!

I'm pretty sure that's how it works...

CroakerBC on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

Was there a shortage of glue and tape in prewar WV? Were all the kids eating it or something? I feel like I can't ever repair anything or craft anything because every single thing I want to do needs more sticky stuff.

Find a small water purifier BP so you can stick a water purifier into the ground. Make a little farm of corn, tatos, and mutfruit.

Those ingredients together at a cooking station create vegetable starch, which you can then take over to your benches to scrap. Each starch gets you 2 adhesive.

I was hurting for adhesives too until I set up my little glue farm. Now I have 100+ adhesive because the main bottleneck now on armor repairs is ballistic fiber.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options

Add me I’ll hook you up.

• Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Whoever just sent me a friend request I was too slow. The social thing blows you both have to add the friend if you aren't quick enough. So if you add someone send them a note in the forum so they can add you too.

my name is alexw1lder

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular

That's what I've been doing. I have anice hous, but i can't actually place it anywhere but on flat ground with nothing overhead. I cant even always place it on a flat road, since it clips overhead power lines.

So i have each workbench on a floor, and just plop them down each time i build a new camp.

Having fun, though. I spent a few hours last night exploring the water park and picked up a fun misc quest tracking down a missing child. I'm level 17, and found some great level 20 weapons I'm looking forward to using.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »

That series of level up / perk screens is a bit confusing.

What seems to happen is this: You hit the level up button. Every five(?) levels, this opens a perk pack and gives you new cards. Every non-pack level, you get one card.

Then you pick a SPECIAL stat to update - Strength, Perception, Endurance, etc.
    This a) improves your character - Strength gives more carry weight for example.
    b) gives you more 'slots' in which to put Perk cards. For example, if you have three Strength, you can use three level 1 strength cards, a level 2 and a level 1, or one level 3

Then you pick a new perk card. The screen defaults to showing you perk cards relevant to the stat you've just increased, but you don't have to select a card from that stat if you don't want to. For example, if you increased strength, it shows you all your strength perk cards to pick from. But you can change the filter to display cards from other stats (or all the cards you own!), which is useful if you want to grab a card that isn't from the stat you increased.

Now, you may be saying, "I've got two strength, and a perk card worth 1 point in strength; the second level on that card looks great! How do I do I get that?" Easy. When you pick a perk card, you pick the card you want to increase the level of. You can then *combine* that card with the one you already have, to increase its level. Though if you, say, increase a Strenght perk to level 3, and only have two strength, you won't be able to use that card until you increase your stat!

Anyway, you pick your perk card, maybe change which cards you're currently using in each set of stat 'slots', and away you go, back into the Wasteland!

I'm pretty sure that's how it works...

What?!

I’m in the mid-20s and had no idea. I thought you had to pick a card from that stat. I’m really enjoying this game, but the UI is so fucking bad.

• Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Whoever just sent me a friend request I was too slow. The social thing blows you both have to add the friend if you aren't quick enough. So if you add someone send them a note in the forum so they can add you too.

That was probably me - I didn't realise they had a timed expiry :( I a feeling the world is a bit too empty so hope you guys don't mind if you get invites from a lurker :P (In game I am "ExpiredHero")

On another note: 1) How do perks such as "Fix it Good" work (repair armour to 200%) - is is something you just slot at the time of repair and you can then remove it, or does swapping it out cause everything to drop down to 100% if they were higher? 2) What happens if you hit lvl 50, can no longer earn SPECIAL, but are missing perk cards you want for a build? Are you just out of luck at that stage?

Khade97 on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Wait you can pick special stats seperate from the card you pick? Are you sure? I'm past 50 now so I can't check but I never saw a way to do that before.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Wait you can pick special stats seperate from the card you pick? Are you sure? I'm past 50 now so I can't check but I never saw a way to do that before.

Yeah, I've done it a bunch of times. You just have to change the filter (Z/C keys on PC) so it shows you other options.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Khade97 wrote: »

That was probably me - I didn't realise they had a timed expiry :( I a feeling the world is a bit too empty so hope you guys don't mind if you get invites from a lurker :P

On another note: 1) How do perks such as "Fix it Good" work (repair armour to 200%) - is is something you just slot at the time of repair and you can then remove it, or does swapping it out cause everything to drop down to 100% if they were higher? 2) What happens if you hit lvl 50, can no longer earn SPECIAL, but are missing perk cards you want for a build? Are you just out of luck at that stage?

You slot them in and then remove it. Also you keep getting perk cards every level after you hit 50, so you can set up whatever build you want, you're just stuck with the points you had when you reached 50. Perk card unlocks are based on level, not hot many points you have in a given stat.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

Yeah, I've done it a bunch of times. You just have to change the filter (Z/C keys on PC) so it shows you other options.

Fuck me sideways, goddamn.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Khade97Khade97 PE10, UKRegistered User regular

That was probably me - I didn't realise they had a timed expiry :( I a feeling the world is a bit too empty so hope you guys don't mind if you get invites from a lurker :P

You slot them in and then remove it. Also you keep getting perk cards every level after you hit 50, so you can set up whatever build you want, you're just stuck with the points you had when you reached 50. Perk card unlocks are based on level, not hot many points you have in a given stat.

Ahh, perfect. As long as I make sure by 50 that my SPECIAL is where I want it to be, I can keep getting additional cards to upgrade as time goes by :)

• Options

Ahh, perfect. As long as I make sure by 50 that my SPECIAL is where I want it to be, I can keep getting additional cards to upgrade as time goes by :)

What’s your ingame name @Khade97 ?

• Options
    @Norgoth - thanks for the adhesive! <3 Sorry it took me a minute to figure out the trade interface... What a non-intuitive thing that is.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

Ok do what stars actually matter? None of them scream super important to me.

I also killed a level 15 enemy at 7 pretty easy so I dunno how leveling really works in this

616610-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Ok do what stars actually matter? None of them scream super important to me.

I also killed a level 15 enemy at 7 pretty easy so I dunno how leveling really works in this

I killed a level 31 Mr Handy bot (whatever the army version is called) at level 8. I don't think levels matter all that much.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    @Norgoth - thanks for the adhesive! <3 Sorry it took me a minute to figure out the trade interface... What a non-intuitive thing that is.

The trick with it is that it’s actually just the vendor interface. Your items only appear to another person once they have set a caps cost to it. Otherwise it works identically to a shop.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    We're going to be going for the Scorchbeast Queen on Saturday if anyone wants to join in. She's level 90 so you probably need to be at least in the 40's with a set of power armor... or have a loooooot of rad and energy resist if you want to survive for any significant length of time. We're going to have to raid a silo first so pulse/plasma weaponry or anti-robotic stuff will help too.

Are you guys... Basically doing the very end game content already?

Yup! I skipped past a lot of the middle quests though. I'll probably make an alt character soon and do a slower, more lore focused playthrough.

In other news, here's an update from our flawed Overseer's:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/48zcUmxp7O2se0CIMMwmGg/fallout-76-upcoming-features-and-fixes-november-2018

Edit: basically everything I have an issue with is being fixed:

FALLOUT 76 | UPCOMING FEATURES AND FIXES – NOVEMBER 2018
    Since Vault 76 opened to the world in B.E.T.A. and official launch, we’ve loved reading about your adventures and seeing your incredible photos from all over Appalachia. With launch day behind us, we’re now looking toward the immediate future for Fallout 76 and what that means for both the short and long term. Before we get to new content and other additions, we want you to know that we have seen your feedback, taken note of issues, and value the time you have taken to provide your thoughts and report problems.

So first and foremost, we have our first patch coming Monday, November 19 – and while this update has many performance fixes and optimizations in it, we know some of your biggest requests, including an increased Stash Limit and several PC Quality of Life adjustments, are not included in this update. These features are coming in the next several weeks.

Our plan is to update the game on a regular basis with patch notes that detail what we are addressing with each update. If that changes, we’ll let folks know as things may shift as we need to balance adding features with server stability and maintenance. Following our post on Reddit, here’s the latest on where we are with our next updates.

UPCOMING FIXES BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR
    November 19 Patch - The next update will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platforms but will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more. Patch notes will be available early next week. This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward. Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison.
    Stash Limit Increase – We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.
    Push to Talk for PC – After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks.
    Ultrawide Support for PC – 21:9 support will be coming soon. We have seen it in testing and it looks awesome.
    FOV Slider for PC – We know this is popular request for our PC players— look for an FOV slider soon.

They also mentioned in a previous post that character re-specing is coming. This is literally just a list of everything I've been complaining about.

And on the future of the game:
    LOOKING AHEAD TO 2019
    We teased in our launch letter some of what’s to come next. In addition to constantly making fixes and changes, there will be new content and game systems that add to the life and experiences in Appalachia. We’ll see new Vaults opening, new ways to easily improve your C.A.M.P.s, ways to create, team-up, and faction-based PvP, and many more free add-ons we haven’t talked about yet. In addition, you will see articles each week that highlight new events, content, and features we’re excited to share. We look forward to growing Fallout 76 with you.

Faction based PVP!

Do you have a link to that part about the Special being rerollable at some point?

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    We're going to be going for the Scorchbeast Queen on Saturday if anyone wants to join in. She's level 90 so you probably need to be at least in the 40's with a set of power armor... or have a loooooot of rad and energy resist if you want to survive for any significant length of time. We're going to have to raid a silo first so pulse/plasma weaponry or anti-robotic stuff will help too.

Are you guys... Basically doing the very end game content already?

Yup! I skipped past a lot of the middle quests though. I'll probably make an alt character soon and do a slower, more lore focused playthrough.

In other news, here's an update from our flawed Overseer's:

https://fallout.bethesda.net/article/48zcUmxp7O2se0CIMMwmGg/fallout-76-upcoming-features-and-fixes-november-2018

Edit: basically everything I have an issue with is being fixed:

FALLOUT 76 | UPCOMING FEATURES AND FIXES – NOVEMBER 2018
    Since Vault 76 opened to the world in B.E.T.A. and official launch, we’ve loved reading about your adventures and seeing your incredible photos from all over Appalachia. With launch day behind us, we’re now looking toward the immediate future for Fallout 76 and what that means for both the short and long term. Before we get to new content and other additions, we want you to know that we have seen your feedback, taken note of issues, and value the time you have taken to provide your thoughts and report problems.

So first and foremost, we have our first patch coming Monday, November 19 – and while this update has many performance fixes and optimizations in it, we know some of your biggest requests, including an increased Stash Limit and several PC Quality of Life adjustments, are not included in this update. These features are coming in the next several weeks.

Our plan is to update the game on a regular basis with patch notes that detail what we are addressing with each update. If that changes, we’ll let folks know as things may shift as we need to balance adding features with server stability and maintenance. Following our post on Reddit, here’s the latest on where we are with our next updates.

UPCOMING FIXES BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR
    November 19 Patch - The next update will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platforms but will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more. Patch notes will be available early next week. This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward. Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison.
    Stash Limit Increase – We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.
    Push to Talk for PC – After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks.
    Ultrawide Support for PC – 21:9 support will be coming soon. We have seen it in testing and it looks awesome.
    FOV Slider for PC – We know this is popular request for our PC players— look for an FOV slider soon.

They also mentioned in a previous post that character re-specing is coming. This is literally just a list of everything I've been complaining about.

And on the future of the game:
    LOOKING AHEAD TO 2019
    We teased in our launch letter some of what’s to come next. In addition to constantly making fixes and changes, there will be new content and game systems that add to the life and experiences in Appalachia. We’ll see new Vaults opening, new ways to easily improve your C.A.M.P.s, ways to create, team-up, and faction-based PvP, and many more free add-ons we haven’t talked about yet. In addition, you will see articles each week that highlight new events, content, and features we’re excited to share. We look forward to growing Fallout 76 with you.

Faction based PVP!

Do you have a link to that part about the Special being rerollable at some point?

From the launch letter:
    And a special thank you to all our fans who participated in the B.E.T.A. With your help we’ve made the game better each week. And this is just the beginning. We have an incredible list of updates we’ve begun work on – from C.A.M.P. building improvements, new quests and events, new Vaults opening, character respecing, a faction-based PvP system, and much more.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/2WjxCxOyFG2AYWSMComy4W/fallout-76-launch-and-beyond?_ga=2.143828533.1883526791.1542409391-1028382420.1540221618

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Bug I noticed: In the munitions factory, it will appear as if the ammo machine is not actually producing anything. It is a display bug, if you bring up the transfer window (R) you can see it's inventory.

• Options
    Anyone found a good source of Aluminum? It's basically the material gating me from completing my basic base with all the workbenches.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Anyone found a good source of Aluminum? It's basically the material gating me from completing my basic base with all the workbenches.

A few workshops can make aluminum extractors.

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

A few workshops can make aluminum extractors.

The industrial farm can and it's unclaimed...but every time I've gone there it's had a bugged enemy in the ground. Or I can't find the entrance to some underground part of that area.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    the tyler county dirt track north of the mothman museum can make junk AND aluminum

This discussion has been closed.