As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[5E OOC] Before the Darkness - "Who Watches the Poopmen"

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Alright, we need a new player because I'll never be able to look at Scott again after that.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Not my fault you left the Poopmen in the thread title for like a year

Whole subforum already thinks this is the Scat Game, might as well lean into that.

So... do you think Wizards use Mage Hand to wipe?

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    That or maybe Unseen Servant?

• Options
    Haha, yes! That's the perfect height of stupid decadence! Doing a ten minute ritual to manifest a little invisible dude, squatting a dump into his cupped hands, and making him wander off into the woods to bury it somewhere before expiring. That's your whole reality, Unseen Servant. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm glad I sat down and read that entire list

I will, however, put an addendum on the Kobolds: they tend to have a lot of hands per tribe and not enough to do, so they no doubt employ pooper-scoopers in large numbers

also a fair percentage of those steaks somehow end up in a gnome's breakfast coffee

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Whole subforum already thinks this is the Scat Game, might as well lean into that.

I'd think they would use prestidigitation instead.
    There's no need to dirty your mage hand with cleaning yourself when you can just magic any remaining mess away. Cast it again to make sure you smell of lilac, and you're good to go.

If you're really spoiled, you can make sure the seat in your keep is warm before you sit down with prestidigitation too.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

I'd think they would use prestidigitation instead.
    There's no need to dirty your mage hand with cleaning yourself when you can just magic any remaining mess away. Cast it again to make sure you smell of lilac, and you're good to go.

If you're really spoiled, you can make sure the seat in your keep is warm before you sit down with prestidigitation too.

a smart wizard brings several apprentices along when he poops so that he doesn't have to wait several rounds

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    you know, scott is no simple Poopman

he's a Poopsage

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    so, uh, Thanksgiving is this week

I take it we're not meeting, but I'll be thinking about y'all on that day of thanks

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Doobh wrote: »
    so, uh, Thanksgiving is this week

I take it we're not meeting, but I'll be thinking about y'all on that day of thanks

Friggin' Americans, always thanking people a month and a half late.

• Options
    so what if our thanksgiving is a little constipated

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    we will never escape the specter of being the poop thread

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Gotta make sure you eat you're salad and greens or it's gonna be a rough Friday morning

• Options
    YOU DON'T TELL ME HOW TO POOP DOUG I AM THE GODDAMN POOPSAGE

(shoves a whole uncooked frozen thanksgiving turkey in his mouth and pulls out nothing but gleaming white bones)

• Options
    Didn't your landlord have enough trouble with your apartment being flooded from rain? Now you want to add clogged toilet to his woes?

• Options
    It was actually a toilet-related flood in the first place. But it wasn't my fault!

• Options
    So the CDC has issued a temp ban on all romaine lettuce so I guess I gotta load up on the broccoli Thursday

• Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all, even if some of you do it too early in the year

• Options
    happy hanksgiving everyone

I consider all of you good friends, and wish you the best today

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    hope y'all had a good weekend

I am eager to play something with y'all on Thursday

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Okay gang here's my sitch.

1. I'm mental illness'd and it sucks.
    2. I'm running a couple games IRL
    3. My relationship is on fire, like a dumpster.
    4. I just settled in to the store I'll be running at my new job.

Rather than muss with success, and because everything sucks rn, I'm gonna take the reins again and wrap up our campaign in three parts, starting back up at the beginning of january, after the holiday madness is over.

1. Infiltrate the Magus Academy to access their interplanar portal and confront whoever sicced those mercs on you
    2. ????
    3. Battle the Illithilich with divine power and strike him from existence
    4. Celebrate!

After that, I have a new 5e campaign seed I've been playing with, which centers on the party following in the footsteps of their masters/creators/parents, who never spoke about their past in front of you, and have now disappeared with only a single word left behind.

LEGACY

Any questions comments concerns are welcome.

• Options
    Hell yes. You have my axe.

• Options
    I'm already getting my character portrait commissioned for the next campaign

so, uh, yeah, I'm excited about all of this news

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Everybody good to play tonight?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    my head has been kind of garbage lately, but i think i have it under control enough to say words outloud while sitting

• Options
    Operation Fool the Imps after Meeting With Some Furbolgs is a go

• Options
    hello hi yes

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Session 3: The Knight's Dilemma
    All right, it's been like a month, I can't recall the exact order stuff happened.

The important bits - the Knight Rufus was revealed to be a Half-Orc and a Revenant. He died with an unfulfilled oath, and was cursed to return and pursue it. Leopold has been assisting him, as they were companions when Rufus was still alive.

Rufus is infected with the fungus. But because of a combination of his paladin powers and his undead condition, it seems unable to colonize him fully. He can't seem to purge it completely, but he has not felt the influence of whatever entity was controlling all those goblins.

A shitload of Owlbears were also infected with the fungus. Several attacked during the night. An especially large one hung back from the fight and watched. The team was able to dispatch all the regular sized ones, at which point the big one spoke up that he was very impressed, and would be keeping an eye on the team until later, "until you grow stronger."

Session 4: Treachery in the Crimson Marsh
    The party detoured into the Conclave Incarnadine territory, where they narrowly avoided having their cart searched at an imperial checkpoint, with a fungal infested owlbear corpse in it, mostly because I forgot to have the soldiers check.

In one of the small settlements that cluster the Conclave, they found a Gnome Druid named Zilfizz who was an elder of his community and offered to help them out. When they showed him the owlbear corpse, he grew agitated, suggesting that they may have been infected with the fungus, and he suggested that they assist him in gathering materials for a medicine further in the swamp. He also destroyed the owlbear corpse, and the cart containing it, with a Moonbeam spell.

Once deep in the swamp, he showed the party a type of fern and beetle that they needed to gather for his medicine, and also the type of fancy eatin' lizard everyone seemed to have assumed they were looking for, the Horned Stink-Lizard. Then, hoping the party was distracted by this search, he transformed into a crocodile and left, but not without being observed by Halcone. The party pursued him, and about halfway back to the gnome settlement they were ambushed by him - now in Englarged crocodile form, along with three Imperial soldiers. They killed the Imperials, and beat Zilfizz unconscious, then revived him for interrogation.

He revealed that they had never been at risk of infection, and the whole thing was a ploy to get them away from his village and give him time to get the troops. The Conclave's treaty with the Empire apparently required him to report suspicious activity, and the bugbear carcass he had been shown qualified as the right sort of suspicious due to reminding him of one of the Imperial Blood-Saints whose minions had been observed operating to the west - an entity who, according to rumor, had been a Fungus-obsessed Druid, one of only a handful of Druids known in Imperial history, who earned the trust of the Emperor and was granted immortality.

The party took his Shoes of Water Walking, but left him his enchanted ring for cooperating, and left him tied up in the swamp so he'd have a better cover story when he had to explain himself to the Imperials. The party also left with four fronds of fern and seven green horned beetles (an eighth was transformed into a Goodberry to revive Zilfizz), which have no medical properties whatsoever, but do look nice. The party also obtained six Horned Stink-Lizards, and set off to recover their donkey.

• Options
    you forgot to mention the atomic wedgie

I guess there wouldn't be atomics in D&D so it's probably more like an arcane wedgie

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Tensor's Floating Wedgie

• Options
    so we on for tonight or am i watching the kieghlies

• Options
    yeah, what's up

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Good question

• Options
    Ah shit, I forgot to post here. I've got a cold that kept me up all night coughing, and even though I slept all day and feel mostly better, it actually hurts to talk. Sorry for the late notice.

• Options
    No worries bro, drink some tea w/ honey and feel better.

• Options
    take care of yourself, Scoot

I can take care of my partner and play Stellaris instead, tonight

so it's all good

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    hey everyone

remember that you are good (especially you) and deserve nice things

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    so what's the plan for thursday night

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Today... we FIGHT

I should be good at the standard time

• Options
    but you're good ALL the time, Scott

Miss me? Find me on: