As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fallout] Your Cube Was Nuked By xXx420yolo_69

19596979899101»

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Anyone found a good source of Aluminum? It's basically the material gating me from completing my basic base with all the workbenches.

A few workshops can make aluminum extractors.

The industrial farm can and it's unclaimed...but every time I've gone there it's had a bugged enemy in the ground. Or I can't find the entrance to some underground part of that area.

Me and @Alex Wilder had to throw grenades into a resource seam as some dogs got glitched below the ground there.

That said, no one seems to bother with workshops, which is dumb because we were able to hold about five today for several hours.

We were raking in the resources.

• CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Anyone found a good source of Aluminum? It's basically the material gating me from completing my basic base with all the workbenches.

The industrial farm can and it's unclaimed...but every time I've gone there it's had a bugged enemy in the ground. Or I can't find the entrance to some underground part of that area.

Me and @Alex Wilder had to throw grenades into a resource seam as some dogs got glitched below the ground there.

That said, no one seems to bother with workshops, which is dumb because we were able to hold about five today for several hours.

Inspired by this, I took over Wade airport.
    Actually doing it was fun. Defending it, also fun.
    But what do I do with it when I have it, I guess throw down some resource extractors (assuming there are resource patches there somewhere) and try to remember to go back and collect from them?

I mean, my inventory is already full...

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »

Inspired by this, I took over Wade airport.
    Actually doing it was fun. Defending it, also fun.
    But what do I do with it when I have it, I guess throw down some resource extractors (assuming there are resource patches there somewhere) and try to remember to go back and collect from them?

I mean, my inventory is already full...

Basically yes. There are resources patch’s (where you can mine ores in the area) you put an extractor, power it and it generates the resources. There are some rarer resources that can be gotten this way (nuclear material for example). Some workshops have thier own quirks. The food and ammuniton factory have a special unit that produces the relevant material (controllable by terminal). Ammo factory also has large cannon turrets and a vertibird that can be called in with smoke grenades it produces. The big earth mover has no resource veins, but can be powered on and produces a massive amount of ores (and attracts a scorchbeast..). The power planet has a special production facility that requires 100 power, but makes fusion cores.

Much like water purifiers there is a cap on the amount you can collect, which is less than the amount it generates per hour so they need to be emptied regularly. The reason we took so many was to try and generate as many events for us as possible (as we get defend events) as we noticed that it’s very common for events to give patterns and we’re trying to farm them.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I feel like it's dumb that I get a wanted level for running into someone's home that was getting swarmed by scorchers and a pellet from the shotgun hits the wall, doing shit for damage.

Now I can't do anything because there's dudes with power armor chasing me around the map because they really want that 10 cap bounty that I got for helping another player.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Does the bounty go away if you die? I'd just go let someone kill me and get it over with.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Yeah it does, but why am I being punished for trying to help another player?

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    After discovering that you can put Master level locks on doors in your CAMP I suddenly got a bunch of new ideas.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I've got my basic base built and blueprinted (sans foundation), so I have all the crafting stations and such. I'm lazily following the various quests I run in to. They tend to give nice rewards and there is some interesting stuff going on.

I guess my next big target is a suit of basic power armor?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
This discussion has been closed.