As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Does this game exist?

PeasPeas Registered User regular
Big beautiful open world filled with interesting stuff (3d)
Fantasy based (with JRPG asthetics if possible)
Survival aspects, with mechanics like crafting and building
Combat mechanics which doesn't suck
Fun loot

What's the closest game which I can get so far with the above requirements?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma will get you everything but criteria 3 there. I don't know of any game that has all of these.

• Options
    PoochPooch Registered User regular
    I was thinking Dragon Quest Builders at first, but you lost me with the "good combat."

The sequel looks like it might be more like that (and have an actual open world possibly?)

• Options
    TorgaironTorgairon Registered User regular
    I suspect MMORPGs are disqualified, but I immediately thought of FFXIV. it has all the qualifications to greater or lesser extents, it's just whether you can stand the way MMOs apportion content and individual player agency.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    breath of the wild ?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    breath of the wild ?

Craft your survival

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Terraria?

Haven't played it for a while but I think it's a close match sans the 3D.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Monster Hunter definitely comes closest. It's not really a survival game, per se, but there's a bunch of survival adjacent things, like eating food you obtained from hunting/gathering, maintaining weapons, and crafting things.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Survival Kids, for the Game Boy Colour

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Oh hey what about the Xenoblade- I don’t actually know anything about Xenoblade but it’s a JRPG and I think I remember people praising the environment design - that they pulled in MonolithSoft to help with that for BotW

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Closest I can think of is Ni no Kuni II

It's a JRPG, it's open world, it has crafting and building.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Dragon's dogma is probably the only game that will hit most of those. I don't know of any survival games with a JRPG bent to them. You could probably find a selection of mods to customize Skyrim to hit all of those. Not really sure if there is an anime texture mod for Skyrim but I would not be surprised if there was.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I've never tried it, but...Elona?

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Dragon's dogma is probably the only game that will hit most of those. I don't know of any survival games with a JRPG bent to them. You could probably find a selection of mods to customize Skyrim to hit all of those. Not really sure if there is an anime texture mod for Skyrim but I would not be surprised if there was.

There are most certainly creeoy loli girl model mods for skyrim though.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The only reason you need to eat in Monster Hunter is that a dinosaur will punch your face if you don't, but you should probably eat something.
    I don't think Toukiden 2 has much of that, either, but it does have grappling-hooks.

Dragon's Dogma lets you preserve food in jars and send them to your friends, at least.

PLA on