As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Have badges shipped yet?

isauteikisaisauteikisa Registered User new member
edited November 2018 in PAX Unplugged
It's under a month out from the convention. Has anyone received their badges yet? Getting a little anxious.

isauteikisa on

• Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    East has always shipped pretty late. I just got my badge yesterday in the mail, there's plenty of time, don't worry.

• Options
    SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Myself and a few others have them, but plenty of people don't. I wouldn't worry much,

P0P7S6y.png
  • Options
    ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    Got ours last week. Give it a few more days, then send in an email - I think the email is pax_questions@paxsite.com.

We got a pleasant surprise the other day when the Unplugged D20 and stand and the Unplugged blanket showed up. I wasn't expecting them to be shipped; I thought we'd have to pick them up at the show like last year. This dang blanket is so soft, y'all.

mkf6ad9.png
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    ltgrunt wrote: »
    We got a pleasant surprise the other day when the Unplugged D20 and stand and the Unplugged blanket showed up. I wasn't expecting them to be shipped; I thought we'd have to pick them up at the show like last year. This dang blanket is so soft, y'all.
    I can't wait to go home for thanksgiving so I can pick mine up from my mother's house. I've been looking forward to that blanket for months!

• Options
    LakbayLakbay Registered User new member
    I still haven't gotten my badge and I sent an email to pax_questions but haven't gotten a response back yet. Can I pick up a badge on site if worse comes to worse? I still have my receipt

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Lakbay wrote: »
    I still haven't gotten my badge and I sent an email to pax_questions but haven't gotten a response back yet. Can I pick up a badge on site if worse comes to worse? I still have my receipt
    If you don't have your badge by the end of this week, send another email. It's possible that they are overwhelmed with PAX East registration stuff, and it fell through the cracks. Generally they do not accept people just showing up who should have received their badges in the mail. It needs to be a dialogue where they tell you that they will have one ready for you to do that, if it is necessary.

• Options
    LakbayLakbay Registered User new member
    Apparently my badge was returned to their office and marked "undelivered" and they asked for a different address. I gave them another one and they said they'll give me tracking details as soon as possible. Anyone know what shipping method they use and how long it takes for your badge to arrive? I know it's only been a day but I haven't received tracking details yet and with Thanksgiving coming up I'll be out of town (and mail gets screwy around holidays) and won't be able to physically check if my badge has arrived until at least the 27th if they don't give me tracking details

• Options
    bubba0077bubba0077 College Park, MDRegistered User regular
    Lakbay wrote: »
    Apparently my badge was returned to their office and marked "undelivered" and they asked for a different address. I gave them another one and they said they'll give me tracking details as soon as possible. Anyone know what shipping method they use and how long it takes for your badge to arrive? I know it's only been a day but I haven't received tracking details yet and with Thanksgiving coming up I'll be out of town (and mail gets screwy around holidays) and won't be able to physically check if my badge has arrived until at least the 27th if they don't give me tracking details
    If you chose domestic standard shipping, it is normal first-class mail in a regular letter envelope. But that doesn't normally have tracking, so if they said you would get tracking they may have used another method.

If you sign up for USPS Informed Delivery, you will get scans of your mail and may be able to look for it that way. I do not know how they handle it if you have your mail held though.

GGw8Z6o.png
  • Options
    I thought that PAX used all tracked mail now so they can trace badges being delivered or not.

• Options
    HexturnHexturn Registered User regular
    So I've gotten my badge already but a buddy of mine didn't order his till like 2 weeks ago ad he's starting to get worried. If the badge doesn't arrive in time would a confirmation work or can he not get in if he doesn't have it?

• Options
    If he ordered that recently it may have been after the shipping deadline. He should email pax_questions@paxsite.com to verify.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    So this is the first time that we're going to a convention so I apologize if this is a stupid question but why would badges still be up for sale if there's a deadline for shipping? Is there another way that he could get in? You didn't answer that part of my question so I'm curious even more so now if his badge is just not going to show up.

Hexturn on
  • Options
    ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    Hexturn wrote: »
    So this is the first time that we're going to a convention so I apologize if this is a stupid question but why would badges still be up for sale if there's a deadline for shipping? Is there another way that he could get in? You didn't answer that part of my question so I'm curious even more so now if his badge is just not going to show up.

Badges purchased after the shipping deadline have to be picked up at Will Call. I had to pick up at Will Call for East a couple times; it's not a big deal. It looks like Will Call for Unplugged is available Thursday the 29th from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM and every day of the show starting at 9:00 AM. As zerzhul said, have your friend email pax_questions@paxsite.com to confirm.

mkf6ad9.png
  • Options
    Thanks, passed on that information to him. He's emailing them once he gets out of work and if nothing can be done there guess we'll have to check out the Will Call.

• Options
    EL_Limon_CubanoEL_Limon_Cubano Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Received mine today

drhmrzipmoio.png
  • Options
    BiscuitAdmiralBiscuitAdmiral Registered User new member
    As of today I have not gotten my badge in and it was purchased back in August. With planes and rooms booked this make one anxious. I have emailed pax_questions but there wasn't a response more than likely due to the holiday. But if I have my receipt and doesn't arrive what are my options?

• Options
    bubba0077bubba0077 College Park, MDRegistered User regular
    As of today I have not gotten my badge in and it was purchased back in August. With planes and rooms booked this make one anxious. I have emailed pax_questions but there wasn't a response more than likely due to the holiday. But if I have my receipt and doesn't arrive what are my options?
    I'd be surprised if you don't get a response on Monday. If you get no response Monday, you should also send a second email and/or tweet at them first. Failing a response, print out your receipt and a copy of your attempts to contact them and bring them to Will Call.

GGw8Z6o.png
  • Options
    bubba0077 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if you don't get a response on Monday. If you get no response Monday, you should also send a second email and/or tweet at them first. Failing a response, print out your receipt and a copy of your attempts to contact them and bring them to Will Call.
    This is exactly the right thing to do.

• Options
    Me again. So my sister now is thinking of going too and I know if she buys a ticket they won't arrive in time. I'm guessing she would need to go to the Will Call? Just checking

• Options
    any tickets bought now would need to be picked up on-site, yes.

• Options
    K thanks again. Seriously wasn't expecting this otherwise would have had her get one much sooner.

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    If you are local to one of these stores, they may still have badges in stock for immediate pickup:

• Options
    BBenchpresserBBenchpresser Registered User new member
    I ordered mine in July, 3 day pass, just realized I never received them!! I have emailed them, if I don't hear by Noon tomorrow I'll email again, failing that I'm going to Will Call Thursday night. First timer here, if I can't get in even with my confirmation email I will be seriously furious.

• Options
    I ordered mine in July, 3 day pass, just realized I never received them!! I have emailed them, if I don't hear by Noon tomorrow I'll email again, failing that I'm going to Will Call Thursday night. First timer here, if I can't get in even with my confirmation email I will be seriously furious.
    Like was said above, also have with you the examples of how you tried to contact them.