As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of SHIELD] Series finale August 12th

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I just finished the last two seasons.

This show did some shit.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

This show did some shit.

That is a considerable amount of AoS to take in at once.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    tumblr_inline_no0shiyTnU1sm8bid_250.gif

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

This show did some shit.

I was very confused early on and then just accepted it. I regret not following while it was airing.

"What if we brought in crazy demon magic?"

"Okay we can make that work."

"And then the Matrix."

"I uh... okay."

"And then Battlefield Earth."

"Wait what?"

"We'll round it out with some Red Son shenanigans."

"... Fuck it, green lit."

edited November 2018

This show did some shit.

I was very confused early on and then just accepted it. I regret not following while it was airing.

"What if we brought in crazy demon magic?"

"Okay we can make that work."

"And then the Matrix."

"I uh... okay."

"And then Battlefield Earth."

"Wait what?"

"We'll round it out with some Red Son shenanigans."

"... Fuck it, green lit."

I find that many shows really come into their own when they embrace their craziness, RE: Nikita, The Blacklist, Arrow, Person of Interest etc. Naturally, this fits AoS like a glove.

Harry Dresden on
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Ya I think the last two seasons have been top notch, while definitely in some top tier comicy bullshit. But it works.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Apparently have Quake's look for s6
    xxju7am9k2z11.jpg

Looking more superhero-ish

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    That jumpsuit is giving me Babylon 5 vibes.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    ...she does look a bit Ivanova-ish.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    ...she does look a bit Ivanova-ish.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    And just one more thing. On your trip back, I'd like you to take the time to learn the Babylon 5 mantra: "Ivanova…is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova…is God. And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!" Babylon Control out. [sighs to herself] Civilians. [looks up] Just kidding about that God part. No offense.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    S2 looks like she's ready for Resident Evil, somehow.

sig.gif
    edited November 2018
    la-et-hc-agents-of-shield-chloe-bennett-debuts-crop.jpg

S3 Daisy is my favourite costume.

Harry Dresden on
  • KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    Re: Clark Gregg and season 6 onwards
    Either they're playing down Coulson to surprise us, or our favourite Agent is truly gone :(

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Kneel wrote: »
    Re: Clark Gregg and season 6 onwards
    Either they're playing down Coulson to surprise us, or our favourite Agent is truly gone :(
    He's just taking the position of Director to a meta-level

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Season 6 theory
    Coulson watches may get dusted, then dies himself. May comes back to life after avengers fix whatever the fuck happened, and see that Coulson died and she missed it. All delivered via flashback.

Enter enough drama and turmoil for May personally to last season 6 & 7.

sig.gif
    Season 6
    Since Skrulls are officially canon I wonder whether they'll show up in future seasons, then they can bring back Coulson and Ward whenever they feel like it. That'd do a number on Daisy and the cast - maybe not May, she'd kill them in a heartbeat.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Season 6
    Since Skrulls are officially canon I wonder whether they'll show up in future seasons, then they can bring back Coulson and Ward whenever they feel like it. That'd do a number on Daisy and the cast - maybe not May, she'd kill them in a heartbeat.
    That's my bet for Season 7.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm deeply curious if the events of Infinity War will play into Season 6 at all. Do we know if it's airing before or after Infinity War Part 2?

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I'm deeply curious if the events of Infinity War will play into Season 6 at all. Do we know if it's airing before or after Infinity War Part 2?

After.
    I'm pretty sure they're deliberately not wanting to do anything about the intervening time, as the effects of the Snap would be overpowering.

This way, whatever A4 does to fix it (time travel or whatever), they at least won't be undoing a bunch of stuff we've been watching.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    We absolutely need another 'unbelievable' story from Davis, though.

sig.gif
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Davis is the only person in the galaxy to remember anything about snap related events.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Coulson better be in the movies then!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Coulson better be in the movies then!

He is!

... Captain Marvel...

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

The way they've been writing Mack since the Framework arc started has me feeling zero enthusiasm for this

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Has anyone seen the new trailer for Captain Marvel, because they dropped some info that (as a fan of Agents of SHIELD) really made me go “Wait, is that..?”

Curious if I’m the only one. (It’s less a person but an.. event/technique)

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I did indeeeeed.
    I wonder if that's that way to clue people in on how Coulson could come back to future movies, by establishing a prior case of a human getting resurrected by Kree blood.

Course it seems to have turned Danvers into Superman, and only gave Coulson a mental illness...

Oh brilliant
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I did indeeeeed.
    I wonder if that's that way to clue people in on how Coulson could come back to future movies, by establishing a prior case of a human getting resurrected by Kree blood.

Course it seems to have turned Danvers into Superman, and only gave Coulson a mental illness...
    My guess is that the technique used by the kree is much more fine tuned and uses kree tech, which shield might have had then those thing but lacked the knowledge on how to make it work.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    The way they've been writing Mack since the Framework arc started has me feeling zero enthusiasm for this

Honestly pretty much every character has undergone character assassination over the past couple of seasons (but the last one in particular was a doozy), so I'm just hoping that they've taken this extra time to shore up the writing.

Honestly pretty much every character has undergone character assassination over the past couple of seasons (but the last one in particular was a doozy), so I'm just hoping that they've taken this extra time to shore up the writing.

Hopefully, one of the upsides of a longer downtime and a shorter season is that they were able to tighten the writing so that it's finely tuned.

MorganV wrote: »

Hopefully, one of the upsides of a longer downtime and a shorter season is that they were able to tighten the writing so that it's finely tuned.

True. That said, AoS is the show on the tv side which I'd say absolutely nailed the multiple act structure over the rest of the series. Especially the Netflix branch, minus DD season 1 and 3.

MorganV wrote: »

True. That said, AoS is the show on the tv side which I'd say absolutely nailed the multiple act structure over the rest of the series. Especially the Netflix branch, minus DD season 1 and 3.

Yeah, but Season 3 started to drag a bit, and there was some superfluous stuff in S5. Whereas the ability to focus on a smaller subset made S4 awesome IMO.

Just saying, more time + less need for filler should give S6 a good chance of being awesome.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Can't even leave Coulson dead for a season before introducing some kind of clone or doppleganger. :razz:

Can't even leave Coulson dead for a season before introducing some kind of clone or doppleganger. :razz:

Timeline shenanigans.

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular

Yeah, but now he has a space gun! I'll allow it.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mack was so incredibly unlikeable by the last season that the idea of him being more in the spotlight just turns me off so much.

I'll give it a shot but. Ugh. He was just the absolute worst and as I talked about before nothing about his character even makes sense for being in this leadership role which just makes the whole thing feel really bad.

Mack was so incredibly unlikeable by the last season that the idea of him being more in the spotlight just turns me off so much.

I'll give it a shot but. Ugh. He was just the absolute worst and as I talked about before nothing about his character even makes sense for being in this leadership role which just makes the whole thing feel really bad.
    They're shopping it around to see what works. We've had a different "director" each season, more or less.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Is Daisy blonde now?

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Space Tahiti. It's a magical place.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm