As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    If you aren't buying any of the passive abilities, at the least, I genuinely think you're going to run into some unbeatable situations

The game is designed for you to be steadily growing in power and toolsets as you progress and without that there are encounters that are going to just chew through you

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Right. I want there to be unbeatable situations. Very often, the developer gives all sorts of toys to the player but doesn't bother to create situations that require one or another.

That's where the 'no alternative' comes in. Like with the wolf, I simply didn't have any solution to his minions. Which is great! They put in an encounter that required a particular ability.

Jay: I mean that I've spent one ability point.

It works for me.

Tamin on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Hey, if it works for you, great.
    It's just . . . Wow. I can't fault you for playing your game your way, but to me it sounds like every fight will be in interminable slugfest.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    My current complaint is that it takes way too many kills to get the full perks for a particular weapon class engraving.

I have to consciously not stealth kill everyone and instead get into ridiculous big group fights because those 250 sword kills ain't gonna get themselves

I've done daggers and Spears and almost done with swords, but I've still got the other three categories (plus bows since I haven't been using it nearly as much). It's silly but the completionist streak in me wants to make it happen.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    My current complaint is that it takes way too many kills to get the full perks for a particular weapon class engraving.

I have to consciously not stealth kill everyone and instead get into ridiculous big group fights because those 250 sword kills ain't gonna get themselves

I've done daggers and Spears and almost done with swords, but I've still got the other three categories (plus bows since I haven't been using it nearly as much). It's silly but the completionist streak in me wants to make it happen.

What is particularly dumb about this is the conquest battles DON'T COUNT for your kills. That was a really bad design decision. I really don't even understand why they would do that.

Also funny bug that I don't believe has been fixed despite existing this whole time:

Ship lieutenants abilities fall off every time you load the game up. Like every time you load up you have to unassign and then reassign them in order to get their perks otherwise they legit don't do anything at all.

• Options
    Caged and Enraged
    After freeing the wolves, Kassandra claims they attacked her and she had to kill them.

I definitely didn't kill any of the wolves. Tried it twice, thinking it may have bugged. No dice. I suppose I could try again and not let them spot me, but ...meh.

little annoyed by that, but I guess I still got the bow so it's fine.

• Options
    When I did it
    some of the wolves definitely died to some of the soldiers I hadn't killed yet. I figure that's why Alexios said that.

• Options
    Writhing Dread*
    Lots of snakes in there. My torch got a workout.

The Medusa fight did not disappoint. Very happy with that encounter. Some minor complaints, mostly regarding the petrification beam - it was hard to get a handle on precisely how it acts.

I am, however, disappointed in Kassandra. The letter you picked up from the mercenary told you that touching the artifact would transform you into the creature. Why would you touch the artifact. Sure, it didn't work on her, but I'm doubtful she knew that it wouldn't.

* it's spelled this way more often, but at one point the quest itself was titled 'Writhing Dead', which doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I wish you could dye the legendary armour sets different colours, I like the Athenian and Spartan ones but I don't like the idea of repping their colours, a nice black or white tone would feel more appropriate for a mercenary

Also holy shit get ready to spend if you wanna bring all your armour and weapon sets up to 70. It's doable but pretty nuts

I really like how mercenaries will stand and read the town message boards. So awesome

Prohass on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Found this on twitter, thought some of you would get a kick out of it (I certainly do)

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I guess I should stop fucking about on the island of Minotaur carnies, but this has been the most fun I've had in the game so far

I hope there's no Minotaur. I want to find it's lair and it's just a very large cardboard cut-out with a tape recorder sellotaped to the back of it
    Moo

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    I hope you really enjoy the island of Minotaur carnies, Ashcraft. I really do.
    That's about all I can say about that.

• Options
    Found an incel mercenary
    221c427e-d7ad-4825-b5b7-ce57540ae9cc.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=4LjkK60gzP5dCyG6CYP6cD7lJBeq%2BF%2BiO0rhFDBpJIc%3D

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    There's no way that's real
    Is it?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Yup, it's real. I killed a mercenary and saw the "nice" in the title, and immediately checked his bio haha

Also Jesus it costs so much skins to level up your legendary equipment to 70

Prohass on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I feel a little disappointed by the legendary tier. They just seem worse than the epic tier for my money.

Epic gets three base perks, plus an engraving; legendary gets two base, one engraving, and a set bonus. And I can apply that set bonus as an engraving anyway.

The base perks for legendary items aren't anything special: the playstyle perks don't seem to increase, when upgrading, at a better rate than on epic items.

Legendary stuff seems hard-coded, so there's no chance of, e.g., a bow that grants +24% assassin damage.

Tamin on
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Yup, it's real. I killed a mercenary and saw the "nice" in the title, and immediately checked his bio haha

Also Jesus it costs so much skins to level up your legendary equipment to 70

Oh is the raised level cap live? Might have to reinstall the game then!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I went and killed the new big monster, pretty easy tbh. What was slightly odd is that I had 8 skillpoints to spend, but was still level 50, rather than 58.

Transmogging is the best though, love it, especially that it works on weapons so I can have a more simple bow than one of the made of ribcages or neon piping etc

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Seriously, game? You give me a bunch of missions to do in order to unlock this damn Minotaur place, all about my level, and then after I've done them, the thing that unlocks is NINE levels above me? Gradually build to this shit, don't just hard roadblock me out of no where.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Island of Misfortune
    I'd been holding off on meeting with Xenia because I expected a(nother) multi-step quest to get a nugget of information out of her

instead she makes me pay 17,000 for killing people. And then gives me the nugget.

and it gave me a quest to loot the nation chest, but nobody actually asked me to do that?

So ... that was weird.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    They need to add the ability to assassinate enemies who are climbing. When I'm spotted it's almost always because an enemy's goes onto a ladder and I can't assassinate them but they can still spot you

Prohass on
  • Options
    Haha Dagger in the Heart quest
    Choose who dies or they both die? Nah fuck you badguys, eat a multi-shot of arrows before the cutscene. No tragic choices for me!

Are there other places where you can do similar that I missed?

• Options
    Choose who dies or they both die? Nah fuck you badguys, eat a multi-shot of arrows before the cutscene. No tragic choices for me!

That's so cool I didn't even know u could do that

Also Holy shit I just finished the artifacts campaign, God damn that was an awesome ending for an aspect of the series I don't always enjoy (the sci fi precursor stuff)

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

I tried to do this so many times but it never worked, only had low-level multi-shot so couldn't take them all out at once and
    one of them would always die in one hit the second the bad guys started fighting

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    JayKaos wrote: »

I tried to do this so many times but it never worked, only had low-level multi-shot so couldn't take them all out at once and
    one of them would always die in one hit the second the bad guys started fighting

Multishot was maxed out when I did it, so that helps.

I also keep a bow with that engraving for 100% damage but 25% health, so I swap to that if I want to bow Snipe. Works fantastically for taking out region leaders from a safe spot.

Edit: oh hey, looks like kills in Conquest Battles count to learning engravings now. I finished up heavy bladed during a battle.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    game needs to transform Phobos into a rowboat if you fall into water

yes. that makes total sense

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    game needs to transform Phobos into a rowboat if you fall into water

yes. that makes total sense

Animus magic

Kassandra never fell into water while riding Phobos, but she did use boats, so the Animus stitches the two together

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    I have this game! Downloading now but can't play until tomorrow morning.

Seems like it takes everything I liked about Origins and takes it further.

Any major tips for first time players?

• Options
    don't get overwhelmed!

pick Kassandra
    recruit Evie for the ship

I use kbam, so the specifics may vary

you can tap z to move automatically (on foot and Phobos).
    holding space will do a dodge roll
    while sailing, hold RMB to ready an arrow volley. Tapping LMB will release the volley. What they don't tell you is you can charge the volley by holding LMB.
    there's currently a bug with the ship lieutenants: you'll need to re-assign them each time the game is loaded

the mercenary benefits are very helpful; familiarize yourself with the page.

• Options
    I advise you to ignore the notice boards entirely. They are full of pointless generated quests, and all leveling up does is raise the level of everything in the world to your level. You only need to level up enough to meet the story quests.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    you can loot War Supplies before torching them. Some goodies in there.
    destroying arrow and weapon racks will drop nation power by a small amount.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    If you do go to the boards past the first one you have to do, only do contracts, which are background "kill 10 rats" type quests that you can fill in as you do other stuff.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Everyone says to pick Kassandra, and there's certainly nothing wrong with that, but Alexios is a pretty good action star character in his own right. Follow your heart.

• Options
    Your protagonist is wearing armor made of what appears to be highly flammable kindling, so watch out when you are near any source of fire. Including your own torches.

• Options
    and when you do catch on fire, perform a dodge roll to put it out.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    It’s an animus. We should be able to hack in hovercraft and shit.

If Zelda can give us a motorcycle, the animus can give me a god damn jet ski.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Finishing up the Eyes of Kosmos chain: The Master
    did any of you kill the woman to free the slave?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    it never actually gave me the option, objective or marker to find and kill this woman
    I'm not sure you're actually able to

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Kassandra in a main quest "I'm a good mercenary I help people where I can, even if I hit people up for money"

Kassandra in a misc billboard quest "what's that you say, you want me to kill a poet because of reasons?! Sign me up! No need to justify it, off I go! Consider him brutally murdered for the crime of giving me xp!"

Also the random generation leads to hilariously bad dialogue "please take this trinket to my husband at war, it has no real value, but it will lift his spirits" - after delivering the ring to the husband, who is 20ft away "thank you misthios, this will please the men and help the war effort!"

Also Kassandra during quests to help Spartan boys train "you want to grow up big and strong so I can randomly murder you for the sweet sweet loot one day don't you? Course you do, keep at it I'm so proud of you"

Prohass on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    it never actually gave me the option, objective or marker to find and kill this woman
    I'm not sure you're actually able to

From some Googling I did to research how this quest chain works back when I encountered the same issue...
    You only get the choice to kill the person if you haven't already finished the Odessa quest chain. If Odessa already in your crew (which I imagine most people did), it just locks you into refusing The Master's offer.

The branching storyline system in this game was...very poorly handled, I feel.

IKknkhU.gif