As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2018 PAX Unplugged Challenge Coin

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Alright, it is that time! I have created the order form, and now it is open!

Order your PAX Unplugged 2018 Challenge Coins here!

Production Artwork:
    Uncolored Metal Coin
    nImcisSl.jpg

Painted Metal Coin
    KhNQrLpl.jpg

Cost Information:
    Metal coin $7
    Painted metal coin $8
    UNITED STATES RESIDENTS:
    $3 USD for 1 to 3 coins (USPS First Class Package).
    $4 USD for 4 to 6 coins (USPS First Class Package).
    $7 USD for 7+ coins (USPS Priority Small Flat Rate Box) -- (exceeds the weight limit for First Class Package).

INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS (outside of the US):
    $15 USD for 1 to 6 coins (USPS International First Class Package).
    $31 USD for 7+ coins (USPS International Priority Small Flat Rate Box) -- (exceeds the weight limit for First Class Package).

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ddanjddanj Leader-kun EdoRegistered User regular
    Just paid and filled out the form!

When do you expect these to be shipped?

• Options
    I haven't gotten any estimate back from Kiddercorp yet, but we're probably looking at mid-late November. I'm not sure how busy the manufacturer is though. I'll post an update once I get an update from Kiddercorp.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    LilRuubLilRuub Registered User regular
    Just ordered 6 Color Coins!

• Options
    Kiddercorp says that barring any factory issues, orders should go out in time to be delivered before people would be leaving for PAX. Woo!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Kiddercorp says that barring any factory issues, orders should go out in time to be delivered before people would be leaving for PAX. Woo!

They don't know when I'm leaving! Maybe I'm hiking!

• Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Coins ordered!

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Just going to send out a ping to those who initially indicated they were interested, but haven't put an order in yet. I should have done this when I posted the order form. Below list will be removed after posting.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    Just ordered 2 and 2. Thanks for setting this up, @ArcSyn.

mkf6ad9.png
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Order placed. Thanks for organizing @ArcSyn

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    Thanks. I just placed my order :)

• Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    I just placed my order. Hooray. 8-)

wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
  • Options
    We've sold 73 of our initial batch of 100 painted coins! If you want in on the initial batch shipment, order now!

Plenty of unpainted coins left, if you want a cheaper option.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    zRychzRych Registered User regular
    If I order now, would it be possible to get mine before unplugged?

• Options
    They should ship out and deliver before Unplugged. They haven't received or started shipping out the first batch yet, so you should receive it in time.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    They should ship out and deliver before Unplugged. They haven't received or started shipping out the first batch yet, so you should receive it in time.

Sweet thanks so much!

• Options
    Dragonbear82Dragonbear82 Registered User regular
    Any news on the shipping for these? Just want to see if we should still expect them before next Wednesday with the holiday weekend this week.

• Options
    I'll check on it. I spoke with them last week and they expected the coins from the factory last week and should be able to start shipping this week.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    So got word today, I guess they didn't arrive last week but should arrive tomorrow and then they will try and get them packed up and ready to ship out Monday morning.

Sorry it's cutting it really close guys. Next year I'll try and get things submitted a few weeks earlier. I had hoped it was early enough but the few changes we had to make to spelling and coloring with the production artwork ate up the buffer I thought we had.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    hey, it happens! i'm pretty sure there have been paxen before where the coins didn't quite make the con.

• Options
    PliknikPliknik Registered User new member
    Just ordered 6 can't wait to get them!!!

• Options
    Woohoo!
    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. All current PAX Unplugged 2018 coin orders, as of 12:30 pm Friday, have been shipped out.

Everyone received a shipping notification email that contains the USPS tracking number for their package.

Thank You and have a great day!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    I didn't receive a shipping email....weird. I'll have to keep an eye on my email

• Options
    I received my shipment notification yesterday. Looking forward to them!

• Options
    Woohoo!
    I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. All current PAX Unplugged 2018 coin orders, as of 12:30 pm Friday, have been shipped out.

Everyone received a shipping notification email that contains the USPS tracking number for their package.

Thank You and have a great day!

Is there a way to see if I'm on the list for first batch? I haven't received my shipping email yet and I wanna know if I'm gonna get them before I leave for Unplugged

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Sent you a PM to confirm details.

We haven't reached the second batch yet for either, but only one or two painted coins left of the first 100. Plenty of unpainted.

Honestly, unless there's a run on unpainted coins I may need to only do painted ones next year. We haven't even sold through half of the initial minimum batch yet.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    We've sold through our first batch of painted coins! Any orders recently placed or placed post the time stamp of this message will be processed with the second batch of coins.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Fireowl80Fireowl80 Registered User new member
    edited November 2018
    Awesome! I bought a couple of the painted coins this past weekend. Anyway to know if I'm in that first batch?

Fireowl80 on
  • Options
    Fireowl80 wrote: »
    Awesome! I bought a couple of the painted coins this past weekend. Anyway to know if I'm in that first batch?

You're in the first batch. Only one person so far is in the second batch. I'll post an update tonight, but essentially anyone ordering today is second batch. Most of yesterday and earlier is first.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    hippiecolorhippiecolor Registered User regular
    Received my coins in the mail today!!! They look wonderful!!! The purple on the colored one is so dark though, it looks kinda like the unpainted one in certain light.

hizi64iiua0h.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Got mine as well. The quality is very good but just way too dark, both the painted and unpainted. I thought they would be much lighter.

ddanj on
  • Options
    nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    zfo4ghhvik8u.jpg

Color is definitely the best one this year.

nomisro on
  • Options
    Dragonbear82Dragonbear82 Registered User regular
    nomisro wrote: »
    zfo4ghhvik8u.jpg

Your color coins are way more vibrant than mine. Looks like the production run had variance.

• Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    nomisro wrote: »
    zfo4ghhvik8u.jpg

Your color coins are way more vibrant than mine. Looks like the production run had variance.

Just opened mine and my purple is super dark.

EchoZero on
  • Options
    Is there some kind of removable plastic covering on the painted coins. Mine are all smooth. Nothing like last years.

• Options
    Yes, I got mine as well. It appears they were coated in an epoxy. I was aware they were to be epoxied, but I was unaware they would coat the entire thing. It sounded like they just put epoxy over the paint to seal it in.
    Sorry guys, I definitely thought the purple would stand out more, but the epoxy is keeping the light from hitting it as much and instead making it that much darker.

@nomisro Are yours not epoxied or is that the result of a direct flash?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    I just shown a super bright LED flashlight on my coins and they look like nomisro's above. Without that level of direct light they just look dark like hippiecolor's.

• Options
    @ArcSyn Is there any recourse from Kiddercorp. They appear to be a well respected coin manufacturer. I would think they do not want to have so many customers disappointed in their product.

• Options
    Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Ordered my coins. Sorry for the delay @ArcSyn, had to deal with some unexpected issues that forced my delay.

vru37z14gk5j.png