As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    So I found a Bovine Bardiche and also a puzzle ring which I know can be Kunai'd into some portals. Is that a one-time thing, and if so what's a good torment level to run it at? I'm comfortable soloing L50 greater rifts (which the game tells me is T11 equivalent), but every so often I get one-shot by something that charges me from beyond the screen.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    One of the last season journey rewards is a permanent stash slot increase the carries over to non-season and even the next season.

Only on PC, though. Console players can never get more then the purchasable 350 stash slots.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    One of the last season journey rewards is a permanent stash slot increase the carries over to non-season and even the next season.

Only on PC, though. Console players can never get more then the purchasable 350 stash slots.
    Oh, I did not realize that. Sorry for being fake news!

How much space does that work out to compared to the PC?

So I found a Bovine Bardiche and also a puzzle ring which I know can be Kunai'd into some portals. Is that a one-time thing, and if so what's a good torment level to run it at? I'm comfortable soloing L50 greater rifts (which the game tells me is T11 equivalent), but every so often I get one-shot by something that charges me from beyond the screen.
    Ideally you want to do them at the highest torment possible, especially the vault for the crazy amount of gold. If you have any friends that can handle T13, I'd recommend seeing if they'll take you through.

• VikingViking Registered User regular
    the ring is consumed to make the portal, so you need one for each portal you create.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    To be honest, these challenges that looked insurmountable yesterday are swiftly becoming a walk in the park. Such is the reality of multiplicative stat growth and percentile interactions. 350 stash still seems like a lot, especially considering I've got most of what I need and multiple copies of lots of random stuff. At the end of every greater rift farming run I just toss another few legendaries into the pile. So many priceless artifacts just tossed haphazardly about like random parts in a Fallout ruin. I'll need to do some cleaning out probably in the next little bit. I'm leveling up my Gem of Ease currently so that I can start on a second character, maybe a mage this time? There's no real benefit to running anyone through Story mode is there?
    Viking wrote: »
    the ring is consumed to make the portal, so you need one for each portal you create.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for some invites over Thanksgiving weekend, anyone can add my friend code if you're interested: SW-1951-5833-6699. Is the Bardiche a single-use portal as well?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Is the Bardiche a single-use portal as well?
    Yup.

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

From what I understand, consoles essentially start out with the same amount of space as PC after a player unlocks all stash tabs. Also since there are no tabs or "slots" like PC, with its minor inventory Tetris, console players might even have more space on that basis - armor not taking up 2 slots etc.
    Viking wrote: »

You can make as many portals to the vaults as you want in a single game, since the portal closes when you complete it, but the not-cow level portal never closes, so I would leave the game and make a new one before using a second bardiche.

The best way to get bardiches would probably be using blood stones with classes for whom it drops in polearm rolls: monk, barbarian, and especially crusader who only has 3 possible polearms instead of 4 like the other two.

https://www.d3planner.com/game/51663/kadala

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018

Consoles get 350, but on pc we have 840 1x1 squares.

The difference between the 2 is that a weapon or armor piece on the console takes up as much space as a ring does in the stash on the PC. If you were to store 840 rings in your stash you'd have more space available to you than they do on the console, more than double. But seeing as we store armor, that space is roughly halved. We're still better off on the PC, but not by too much.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    Klatu wrote: »

Consoles get 350, but on pc we have 840 1x1 squares.

The difference between the 2 is that a weapon or armor piece on the console takes up as much space as a ring does in the stash on the PC. If you were to store 840 rings in your stash you'd have more space available to you than they do on the console, more than double. But seeing as we store armor, that space is roughly halved. We're still better off on the PC, but not by too much.
    Good info! But that 840 is after you've gotten 4 season stash upgrades, right? That would mean PC players initially cap out at 560 squares, until they start maxing out seasons. I'm at 2 season stash slots, myself.

• WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Did anyone play on Switch last night with other players? My brother and I got smacked by a terrible bug that seems server-side (quitting, closing Diablo, changing characters, nothing worked to fix). We were seeing each others' drops! Sounds fun until you can't pick their stuff up so you dance around a pile of 5-6 Death Breath hammering the button but nothing happens. ALSO, the first to a pile of BloodShards got the whole pile. First red Goblin dropped 550 shards for me.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Whoa! A new Diablo 3 PTR is going up later this week:
    https://us.diablo3.com/en/blog/22753282/patch-264-ptr-preview-11-19-2018?linkId=100000004082190

Haven't read the notes yet, but the summary on Twitter said there will be QoL changes and set balances.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Doesnt give the witch doctor pet control like the necro has, bad patch

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    the tl;dr:

-more armory sets
    -greater keystones are now a Material
    -primal legendaries get distinct new visuals from regular legendaries when on the ground
    -paragon points can't be swapped in GRs anymore (this will probably shift up the meta a bit, with wizards no longer able to paragon swap from Int to Vit to phase through mobs with Mutilation Guard)
    -new seasonal bonus is a Permanant RoRG effect for all players
    -primal legendary guaranteed drop from first GR70 clear of the season
    -LoN buffed to 500%
    -almost every class set's 6-bonus massively buffed too

Dehumanized on
    QoL seem exceedingly minor: 5 additional slots for the in-game armory; Grift Keystones now go in the materials menu and aren't physical items; and primal ancients now have some different UI colors to make them stand out.

The seasonal power for Season 16 is going to be: Every character gets a constantly-active RROG effect (which doesn't stack with an equipped RROG). That... seems a little lame to me, because it (1) makes one legendary item completely useless, and (2) the only thing it changes is that you get one extra ring slot now, which isn't really super-revolutionary, I feel?

The sets are getting their power jacked the fuck up. I've been playing the Unhallowed Essence DH this season, so that power is fresh in my mind. This is how that set's getting changed:
    The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 100% to 350%
    Whaaaaaaaat. It seems like almost all the sets are getting their 6-piece bonus multiplied by 3 or 4.

I mean, OK, I love seeing big numbers on my screen, but this just further locks people into wearing full sets to be competitive. OK, fine, the Legacy of Nightmares bonus is going from 100% to 500%, but I don't see that as being enough to compete with the 6-piece sets. Further, it means that if you aren't running a set, you are obligated to give up two ring slots for Legacy of Nightmares.

edited November 2018
    some of the notes on individual set bonuses just sound absurd, my favorite ones are the Jade Harvester changes:
    Raiment of the Jade Harvester

The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 560 seconds to 35000 seconds
    The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1650 seconds to 10000 seconds

the 2-set was multiplied by 62.5

Dehumanized on
    I kind of feel like the double-bounty-caches is the best seasonal bonus. It greatly accelerates your material acquisition, halves the time it takes to get the cache-only legendaries, and it's on-demand (meaning, that the player can choose to partake of it at will). The perma-RROG doesn't help much if your two favorite sets overlap in more than one slot.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I can see it now, players endlessly PLing another character the same class as their main to 70 and then getting to GR 70 so they can try to get a full set of primals.

I know it is very quick to do a PL, all you'd have to do is swap your good gear from your main to the newbie, get someone to group with you in a 70 then run one solo. Can probably do that many times a day easy?

steam_sig.png
    Daimar wrote: »

I can see it now, players endlessly PLing another character the same class as their main to 70 and then getting to GR 70 so they can try to get a full set of primals.

I know it is very quick to do a PL, all you'd have to do is swap your good gear from your main to the newbie, get someone to group with you in a 70 then run one solo. Can probably do that many times a day easy?

it's 1 per season per account; only way to game it is to have a lot of accounts

Primal Ancient Goldskin, here I come.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Primal Ancient Goldskin, here I come.

Primal ancient puzzle ring

2x39jD4.jpg

That does make more sense, but the patch notes do not seem to state that, was it mentioned elsewhere?

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2018

That does make more sense, but the patch notes do not seem to state that, was it mentioned elsewhere?

it's right in the note:
    When completing a Greater Rift level 70 solo for the first time in a Season, a Primal Legendary is guaranteed to drop from the Rift Guardian

Dehumanized on

it's right in the note:
    When completing a Greater Rift level 70 solo for the first time in a Season, a Primal Legendary is guaranteed to drop from the Rift Guardian

That just isn't explicit enough for me and my pedantic ways. Is that the first time in the season per account or per character?

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2018
    there are plenty of other examples of one-per-season rewards (such as seasonal journey and the leoric's crown for killing the Skeleton King in Story) and all of them are account-based, not character based

Dehumanized on
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Oooh some of those are nice changes to the QoL. More Armor slots are really nice. Wish gems were Materials now rather than in a later patch. The extra damage will be nice to have but will make doing GR100s seem simple.

Overall I'm just happy we have another PTS and changes to the game. The Season of RoRG will be funny, but not game changing like the last two were. Guess I could experiment with the Nats/Marauder set next season.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited November 2018
    yeah i like the rorg season bonus because i think it might actually open up some small number of new builds that simply don't work in non-seasonal, while previously they just eased some of the loot grind in specific ways

Dehumanized on
    edited November 2018
    The seasonal power for Season 16 is going to be: Every character gets a constantly-active RROG effect (which doesn't stack with an equipped RROG). That... seems a little lame to me, because it (1) makes one legendary item completely useless, and (2) the only thing it changes is that you get one extra ring slot now, which isn't really super-revolutionary, I feel?

Well, more than a ring slot, not only do you not have to use a ring or cube power on it, you also don't have to use any given piece of equipment due to the reduced set requirement. It's equivalent to having two or three extra legendary powers.

Also I was looking through that set list and seeing crazy stuff like

The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 2100% to 9000%
    The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 2800% to 7000%
    The (4) Set bonus has been increased from 3300% to 13000%

and yet the necromancer has ONE set getting a tiny little buff? And nothing for Rathma. Are they literally saying that Rathma is already 300-400% more powerful than every other class? Because that's not reflected in the leaderboards at all.

I guess it's a good thing I played my necro this season and will want to try something else next time, huh. Seriously what the hell.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky

Well, more than a ring slot, not only do you not have to use a ring or cube power on it, you also don't have to use any given piece of equipment due to the reduced set requirement. It's equivalent to having two or three extra legendary powers.
    Sorry, I'm not sure I follow. Right now, I can equip a RROG (either on my finger or in the cube) and equip whatever combination of sets I can jam in at the reduced requirement. Next season, I will have that same exact scenario except I don't need to equip a RROG. So, that opens up one item slot, which is one legendary power.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    One thing to keep in mind with PTR is they usually way overpower sets at the start of the PTR and then tune them down. So don't get too caught up in the massive buffs just yet.

edited November 2018

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow. Right now, I can equip a RROG (either on my finger or in the cube) and equip whatever combination of sets I can jam in at the reduced requirement. Next season, I will have that same exact scenario except I don't need to equip a RROG. So, that opens up one item slot, which is one legendary power.

I'm not using one right now because it doesn't fit my build. If I suddenly had that power right now, I could replace one of my armor pieces, which is a lot more versatile than just a ring slot. I could equip Tasker & Theo and then take a different armor power for example. And I might also look into possible 3 piece sets that are now 2 piece. One power that potentially grants several more.

UncleSporky on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    The RORG thing is actually very interesting. Every single build will be able to use another legendary item..... I can't even think of all the possibilities. Take every top tier build, look at what they have equipped and just think "what one item would make this build THAT much more awesome?"

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Tabbed GR keys is great. Red beams are pretty cool.

Looks like a repeat of last years buffathon, which was pretty good for bringing back & adding builds. Hopefully we see the same, but I really would have liked to see some off-set buffs.

Free rorg is kinda of interesting. Builds that already used it will probably benefit the most, as they can now add either CoE or Unity. For any build that wasn't using it, the effect is only as good as your best non-set armor piece, and that varies a lot.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    -new seasonal bonus is a Permanant RoRG effect for all players

haha what

I don't look forward to having to farm up double the materials next time. Woof.

The best seasonal buff in the world, ever, would be: free unlimited Death's Breaths forever. Here's just a fountain of them right back in town; have at it.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    So, that RoRG effect, think that'll transfer over to non seasonal? Or is this going to just shatter your new uber-build once the season ends?

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Haha what are they even doing with these set buffs. Why is it good game design that the jump from 4 pieces to 6 pieces would instantly increase your character power by 20x? I don't understand why they don't just nerf the overperforming sets instead of the incredibly out of control mudflation. Let's take a trip through history:

Patch 2.2.0:
    Immortal King's Call
    While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients are active, you deal 100% increased damage

Patch 2.6.4:
    Immortal King's Call
    The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1500% to 4000%

It feels like pandering at this point, like the only way they know how to make a patch exciting is to add a fresh wave of huge buffs.

Anyway... I do like the free RoRG season idea at least. It means that each season totally changes up the build meta and lets you play a build that wasn't possible before.

The note was pretty clear that the effect will never be in non-seasonal

The best seasonal buff in the world, ever, would be: free unlimited Death's Breaths forever. Here's just a fountain of them right back in town; have at it.

I prefer the double bounties. I have never once been limited by the amount of death's breath I have. Never run out, I don't know why. I think I have like 5000 of it or more.