As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Arrow-Verse: DC on TV (and Legends of Tomorrow)

• InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Ruby Rose as Batwoman.

Little late there, Skippy

Invectivus on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Invectivus wrote: »
    Ruby Rose as Batwoman.

Little late there, Skippy

A wizard is never late.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Interesting line from the latest episode of Arrow (episode 6):

Oliver: Talia? What are you doing here?
    Talia: I ran afoul of an old foe in Gotham

BATMAN CONFIRMED

Or it's Batwoman?

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

"That's not Batman!"

"Thanks for pointing that out, Barry."

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Whatever happened to the Arrow specific thread?

Legends:
    I love the hidden facets of Mick: would be vampire hunter (who always carries a wooden steak on him), author, etc.

I was also enjoying the story with Nate and his father because it was such a relatable arc, but from his dad’s call at the end there, it looks like they are about to ruin that.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »

Legends:
    I love the hidden facets of Mick: would be vampire hunter (who always carries a wooden steak on him), author, etc.

I was also enjoying the story with Nate and his father because it was such a relatable arc, but from his dad’s call at the end there, it looks like they are about to ruin that.
    Can't let a government official be a good guy in the same season they're introduced.
    Got to have an arc where they realize that the thing they're trying to do is a bad thing, and the people they're trying to obstruct in the course of doing their thing are actually the good guys.
    Pretty sure that's page 1 of the Arrow-verse bible.

On the plus side, it seems that food delivery girl will be sticking around instead of being MIBed as a one off joke.

LostNinja wrote: »

Legends:

Arrow thread

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/196408/arrow-team-arrow-appreciation-thread#latest

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Legends
    I feel like Biff is going to be the main antagonist by the end of the season, and Nate is going to have to flashy-thing him to save the day. Also negating their personal development.

sig.gif
    In case anyone hasn't watched it yet, this is me telling you to watch this week's episode of Legends. It's their Thanksgiving episode, and as a result is a bit overstuffed. But it's all good and you will enjoy all of it.

There are four stories, that eventually wrap into three, with no characters doing double duty in more than one plot and everyone gets a moment to shine.

sig.gif
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Just started the latest episode and Sharp’s reaction to Sarah surprising her at work is everything. I like this relationship more than I ever thought I could!

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    At some point, the show decided to just embrace the fact that everyone on the team were incompetent at what they do, and everything got better as a result.

• Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    It also doesn't hurt that they got some fairly funny actors to work with.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
    The show really hit its stride when it essentially embraced becoming the Arrow-verse Doctor Who, ironically after the one cast member from Doctor Who left.

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Latest episode:
    "We just need to do one quick mission and get Nate's dad out of here before anything goes wrong" ...so, before you actually take a mission, then?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    "Sometimes we screw things up for the better," doesn't mean the rest of the time they don't screw up.

Still all good though.

sig.gif
    Elseworlds extended trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEEC2NcpDvU

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • BeastwizardBeastwizard Registered User regular
    If you told me five years ago that a Remy Zero “Save Me” and Smallville farm cameo in the Arrowverse would hit me right in the feels, I would’ve told you to fuck right off. But damn if that’s exactly what happened to me last night...

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I know her time was brief, but I did not like Ruby Rose as Batwoman, there was something really off and stiff about it.

That aside, the second episode was pretty fun. Also an absolutely fantastic line.
    John..you're not wearing your ring.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    If you told me five years ago that a Remy Zero “Save Me” and Smallville farm cameo in the Arrowverse would hit me right in the feels, I would’ve told you to fuck right off. But damn if that’s exactly what happened to me last night...

My wife and I are in the middle of our bi-annual re-watch of Smallville and it especially hit me with it being extremely fresh in our minds at the moment. :heartbeat:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    They've been great so far. Stephen Amell had some fantastic scenes in the fish out of water portion of the first one.

And I have to assume we'll see more of Batwoman before the event is over? That was super short for all the hoopla around it.

And good LORD, tons of little DC fan service bits.

Batwoman is getting her own show.

sig.gif
  • BeastwizardBeastwizard Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Ok, this crossover ended up being pretty dumb.
    Really? You guys are going to go with the flying-around-the-world-time thing? That sucked in the original Superman movie, it still sucks now.

Beastwizard on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Batwoman is getting her own show.

I thought it depended on reaction to the Elseworlds event?

camo_sig2.png
    This is happening!

Discussing Film is a website about entertainment

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    They're gonna include Smallville this time, right?

Crisis is huge, so I gotta imagine they're aiming to throw everything into this.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Part 3:
    So who's Gold Mask Guy, and why should I be bothered about him?
    Also, what shitty kind of asylum lets the inmates have personal items like gold masks?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    klemming wrote: »
    Part 3:
    So who's Gold Mask Guy, and why should I be bothered about him?
    Also, what shitty kind of asylum lets the inmates have personal items like gold masks?
    Gold Mask Guy is Psycho Pirate.

He allied himself with the Anti-Monitor in the original Crisis and ends up controlling Barry to do stuff since he can manipulate emotions.

sig.gif
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

I still can't get over that Legends Season 1 has somehow morphed into my favorite of the DC TV shows.

Supergirl Sara is something that I never knew that I wanted.

sig.gif
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    After watching that trailer: Would it be too much to ask for a Sarah Michelle Gellar or David Boreanaz cameo for what seems to be the plotline?

• SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Wait, so the general public knows about Supergirl?

Does this mean they also know about parallel universes?

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    They've seen her show up to fight aliens and nazis and the like, they might not know where she comes from.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Legends hands down head the best finale.

And it continues to be gloriously crazy and I love it

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I just finished season 3 of Legends on netflix and it was such a ridiculous ride, in a completely good way. Reminds me a lot of the old Hercules/Xena with a mix of Warehouse 13. It really leans into the camp in a way that is light and fun which i need from time to time in this bizarro world we live.

I think I’m going to try Arrow and Flash now, and give Supergirl another shot.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Supergirl Sara is something that I never knew that I wanted.
    Tox wrote: »
    Legends hands down head the best finale.

And it continues to be gloriously crazy and I love it

They all seem to be having so much fun doing it, too.

And Caity Lotz is simply a treasure

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited May 2019
    I mean, Supergirl had a pretty decent finale as well. Just Legends was way better
    I had a moment of brilliance where I realized that absolutely everything that happened, all of Lex' behind-the-scene machinations and string pulling, was ultimately all just so he could fire a shot off at Argo and finally defeat Superman that...felt extremely on-brand.

Tox on
    Legends' finale ate Supergirl's lunch. Same overall theme, but much better execution as silly as it was.
    They really put it out there that stopping Lex's plan erased all anti-alien sentiment in the USA (or the world?) because of a single well-researched article by Kara? Come on now.The press is important, but they were Parade Magazine-deep on that blowjob.

sig.gif
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Low and behold, I finished season 3 of Legends on Monday and Netflix dropped season 4 yesterday! Back on that train!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve