As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

movies: at any moment in your life, you, too, could fall into a pit full of snakes...

Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache lifeRegistered User regular
edited December 2018 in Social Entropy++
https://youtu.be/td0DVI6QWWY

and this is especially true for @Blankzilla

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Rorshach Kringle on

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Today I finally bought Hereditary on DVD and I’m rewatching it tonight

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DVD? Is it 1997??!!

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Abe Vigoda had never intentionally been in a movie, he just had terrible luck and constantly wandered onto sets

CYpGAPn.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I don't like movies and you can't prove otherwise.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    God that commercial is seared into my brain forever

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I hate movies

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I hate movies

That sucks

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I watched Tombstone again recently and fuck if I don't want to watch Tombstone again now

I love that movie

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I hate movies

yeah well get bent

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I can't believe it's been nearly three years since http://isabevigodadead.com/ updated.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Movies are ok.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    why the hell can't i find a single picture of abe vigoda as a genie in the weird science show?

i thought this was the internet!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Shawshank Redemption: The Fantabulous Emancipation of Andy Dufresne.

why the hell can't i find a single picture of abe vigoda as a genie in the weird science show?

Turns out you died and this is your Twilight Zone hell

Everything is the same as the regular world but you will never be able to find that picture

CYpGAPn.png
    aw fuck

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    That Birds of Prey subtitle is so close to being a new, all-time classic subtitle

It's goddamn tragic is what it is

Blankzilla wrote: »

Everything is the same as the regular world but you will never be able to find that picture

That's impossible though, AJ's Twilight Zone hell is already that he's alive.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That title is trying too hard, and failing

I never said the full title for Borat or Birdman aloud, and I can’t imagine that good rule changing for this either

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    my strongest memory of abe vigoda will always be that one time he was on snl in the late '90s, where he's a talking head in some cable news parody, and the camera just randomly cut to a closeup of him and he shouts "Clinton's a schmuck!"

I was like 12 and the mental image remains with me to this day.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
    edited November 2018
    Blankzilla wrote: »

That's impossible though, AJ's Twilight Zone hell is already that he's alive.

look my life is an endless series of hells okay

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

Mandy is on Shudder in like 8 or 9 days btw

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the title is dumb as shit but I still want to see Birds of Prey

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Mandy is on Shudder in like 8 or 9 days btw

Heyo, thank you for that.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I think Mandy’s already on Shudder in Canada. Swore I saw it when I peeked at their library a few days ago.

Shorty wrote: »
    the title is dumb as shit but I still want to see Birds of Prey
    I am hoping it is good because the cast rules and I want a good BoP movie but that title has me worried its going to be The Quirky Harley Quinn Show with Supporting Players which I am not into

CYpGAPn.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    DVD? Is it 1997??!!

Well what is the term now for buying a video as the lexicon was I am going to wait till it's on tape was an accepted phrase for a time.
    I am going to wait till it's on DVD doesn't sound right.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    who had a dvd player in 97
    nerds that's who

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Shawshank Redemption: Is often on TV. Why have you not seen it and treat it as background noise?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well the original short story was called "Rita Heyworth and the Shawshank Redemption." So its title did get shortened

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Shawshank Redemption: The Fantabulous Emancipation of Andy Dufresne.

Okay whenever Shawshank Redemption is mentioned I gotta tell this bit. Sorry if I've already told it here, my memory is lousy these days. Anyways, SPOILERS if you haven't seen the movie:
    Here in Finland, the movie is titled "Rita Hayworth: Avain pakoon". Translated to English that would be more or less "Rita Hayworth: The key to escape".

That's either a special level of stupid, or someone really wanted to spoil the movie right there in the title.

nerds that's who

Rich nerds, maybe. DVD was expensive as fuck at launch

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    nerds that's who

No need to get a DVD player when we only just got a laser disc setup.

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    the only way I ever actually physically own a movie these days is used vhs tapes.

it's really cheap!

I picked up the director's cut of Blade Runner for like 50 cents while out for a walk the other day.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Why even give a subtitle to Birds of Prey. That's a cool name for a movie, just have that

Also I remember as a kid getting a DVD player and being all excited then wondering what the black bars were, freaking out thinking it was broken, then being utterly crestfallen when the store guy explained to my parents that it's just what DVDs displayed as a platform

Prohass on
    Ladai wrote: »
    my strongest memory of abe vigoda will always be that one time he was on snl in the late '90s, where he's a talking head in some cable news parody, and the camera just randomly cut to a closeup of him and he shouts "Clinton's a schmuck!"

I was like 12 and the mental image remains with me to this day.

It's as true today as it was then.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, now that I think about it 1997 is too early.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    I can already see the posters where the BoP logo and team are standard superhero style and Harley has drawn over it with marker and hand written the subtitle

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Motion pictures? It’ll never catch on.

This discussion has been closed.