As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Likely looking to get a Switch for Christmas what with a solid backlog of Nintendo games and retro games now available for the system, but the best deal I've seen so far is $299.00 for the Mario Kart 8 bundle (seems to be a standard across most places this holiday) plus a $50 gift card at GameStop. Has anyone seen anything comparable or better?

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    TimFiji wrote: »
    Man Warframe looks amazing. Did they replace the coders with wizards?!

Panic Button are actual wizards.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • eMoandereMoander Registered User regular
    So for Warframe, can you transfer your account from Xbox or is it PC only?

Xbox: Travesty 0214 Switch: 3304-2356-9421 Honkai Star Rail: 600322115 Battlenet: Travesty #1822
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Likely looking to get a Switch for Christmas what with a solid backlog of Nintendo games and retro games now available for the system, but the best deal I've seen so far is $299.00 for the Mario Kart 8 bundle (seems to be a standard across most places this holiday) plus a $50 gift card at GameStop. Has anyone seen anything comparable or better?

That's the best I'll bet you'll find. The fact they are giving away MK8 is pretty amazing, but to get a gift card on top of that is even better.

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    TimFiji wrote: »
    Man Warframe looks amazing. Did they replace the coders with wizards?!

Panic Button are actual wizards.

They keep getting better with each switch port too.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Can I just give Panic Button copies of my favorite games across all platforms and let them make me switch ports please?

Steam: offday
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    eMoander wrote: »
    So for Warframe, can you transfer your account from Xbox or is it PC only?

You can only transfer from PC to Switch, and it's not even a transfer, it's a copy so that both accounts are identical and separate. Not everything transfers, like platinum currency.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Installed Warframe. Played what I’m assuming was the tutorial and then one mission. It’s insanely pretty and runs smooth as heck but I’m going to have to do some reading now because it feels rather overwhelming. I just know I sliced up some things and it was fun.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I installed Warframe and the main menu is sitting at 0%.

Yay?

Edit: Never mind, I just had to wait fifteen minutes to jump it to 100%. Weird. Here I go!

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Some general Warframe tips.

Don't worry too much about trying to get anything done in particular. Just go through the starchart and unlock stuff that looks cool. Leveling up new items raises your mastery which allows you to get new weapons and such, though it's good to have at least one piece of equipment you're comfortable with leveled up on you just in case.

Some good things to aim for early on are the Warframe Rhino, which is tanky and can buff your whole group's damage, the sonicor pistol which rag dolls most enemies and is available at mastery rank 2, the atomos pistol which is basically a flamethrower and is available at MR5, and the Hek which is a strong shotgun available at MR4 if I recall correctly. If you're part of a clan you can research a lot of cool equipment in the dojo now as well.

Edit: Oh, and most of the blueprints for these can be obtained from the market for credits. Rhino parts drop from an early game boss, the Jackal.

If you find your damage lagging you probably need some new mods. Longtime players can probably supply some of their extra after they transfer. I might do it myself even if I'll probably stick with the PC version long term, so I can toss out some mods.

Oh, and platinum should primarily be used on slots until you get a decent amount. You can trade rare stuff for platinum, so you don't need to buy unless you want to (or hate interacting with randos). The game randomly gives up to 75% off platinum as daily log in rewards, so keep that in mind too.

Iblis on
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the ultimate source of all platinum is people buying it with real currency, but there's stuff you can trade to players with platinum that they will trade you platinum for like prime parts.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    How does Switch handle discount-coupons? On PC, you can buy whatever you want with a discount / never need to buy anything without a discount, and on PS4 you can buy a single, separate item from a smaller selection per discount.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    How does Switch handle discount-coupons? On PC, you can buy whatever you want with a discount / never need to buy anything without a discount, and on PS4 you can buy a single, separate item from a smaller selection per discount.

Not sure what you mean, but the eShop runs deals all the time, but there is no cart: you have to buy everything one item at a time

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Not sure what you mean, but the eShop runs deals all the time, but there is no cart: you have to buy everything one item at a time

He means in Warframe. Warframe has an ingame shop for stuff, where you can buy stuff for funbucks. On PC you get vouchers for discounted funbucks and you can just get 2000 funbucks and then buy stuff as you go, while on PS4 the discount vouchers are to discount the funbuck price of a single item per voucher.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

He means in Warframe. Warframe has an ingame shop for stuff, where you can buy stuff for funbucks. On PC you get vouchers for discounted funbucks and you can just get 2000 funbucks and then buy stuff as you go, while on PS4 the discount vouchers are to discount the funbuck price of a single item per voucher.

https://media.giphy.com/media/zXA5VEmXr7OUg/giphy.gif

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Wait, Ocarina of Time is twenty years old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia91QYLwor4

I've been getting more and more "Oh God, I'm getting old" moments, but this one hits hard. Ocarina of Time feels much more... recent, somehow. Maybe it's because it left a vivid impression.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Have we heard anything about Nintendo doing an eshop black friday sale?

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »

Not yet, but that doesn't mean they're not doing one.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Don’t forget Cyber Monday too if there isn’t any sales Friday.

• MorranMorran Registered User regular

I've been getting more and more "Oh God, I'm getting old" moments, but this one hits hard. Ocarina of Time feels much more... recent, somehow. Maybe it's because it left a vivid impression.

1998 was such awesome year for games. StarCraft AND Brood wars, half-life, grim fandango, fallout 2, baldurs gate, thief, Zelda oot, metal gear solid.... And a bunch more!

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Morran wrote: »

1998 was such awesome year for games. StarCraft AND Brood wars, half-life, grim fandango, fallout 2, baldurs gate, thief, Zelda oot, metal gear solid.... And a bunch more!

No kidding. 1997/1998 man. Some of the best years in gaming in my entire life. I'd go back and relive them in a heartbeat. Especially those conversations about games around the lunch table in middle school.

These days it just feels like so much is constantly intruding on what is supposed to be my escape time. From the minor distractions of pop up notifications, to the games constantly having their hand out for more money, to the dark specter of politics looming large over almost every gaming forum. One errant turn of phrase and suddenly everyone is dragged down a dark hole until a moderator comes along and breaks it up.

There are days I'd love to just move out to a cabin in the middle of nowhere, cancel my internet, and enjoy some pristine escape time with the original Fallout again. Or Mario 64. Although I will say, the Switch and it's first party titles are the closest I've come to recapturing that experience in a long, long time. A few of the indies and third party titles too.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    There's still plenty of games that are completely enjoyable offline and without microtransactions. Notifications are something you can permanently or temporarily disable on all of your devices. You can take a break from forums, they'll still be here when you get back. You don't have to go to the middle of nowhere just to unplug. All you need is a little self control.

If you haven’t picked up Valkyria Chronicles 4, it’s on sale on the eShop

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • nusunusu Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »

Yes, yes we have: https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals/

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular

Wow. VC4 has one or two issues (the writing can often be a little 13-year-old-boy-ish) but that is an amazing price for what is a very good game. Big recommendation for anyone who thinks they might be interested in that deal.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

FUCK! I JUST BOUGHT THIS! ARGH!!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Oh hey, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition is down from $110 CAD to $44. (Sigh. I should have bought a bigger microSD card.)

(Does the Gold Edition include the DK stuff?)

LordSolarMacharius on
  • NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

FUCK! I JUST BOUGHT THIS! ARGH!!

I've basically resigned myself to paying full price for a game shortly after it comes out, or just waiting for a sale. Paying full price a month or two after it comes out is just asking for this to happen.

Currently Labyrinth of Refrain is on my "wait for a sale" pile. Although if you wanted to buy it full price first and trigger a sale, I'd appreciate it.

Oh hey, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Gold Edition is down from $110 CAD to $44. (Sigh. I should have bought a bigger microSD card.)

(Does the Gold Edition include the DK stuff?)

Pretty sure it’s the game plus season pass, so yes.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    For Christmas '98, I got like Brood Wars, OoT, and Rogue Squadron.

Just...a really good year.

YL9WnCY.png
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Are portable docks still not safe? Really fiending for one, but man I just am too nervous about busting my switch. I know I could rehouse my dock, but hoping for something easier.

camo_sig2.png
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Are portable docks still not safe? Really fiending for one, but man I just am too nervous about busting my switch. I know I could rehouse my dock, but hoping for something easier.

I've never had an issue with Best Buy's dock.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Got through the first quest in Warframe and everything ran okay until I visited this hub city called Cetus. There the framerate noticeably chugs in docked mode. And there is a long loading when you want to exit the city to the plains free roam type area. You get locked in a connecting tunnel room waiting for the big door gate to open for 1-2 minutes as the loading icon spins in the lower left corner of the screen. I don't know if I want to delete game data and download it all over again to system memory.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    OoT was the pilot game I got with my N64 for xmas

I was so goddamn hype

• EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    OoT was the pilot game I got with my N64 for xmas

I was so goddamn hype

Same here. I get restarting the game because the intro fly through was so cool.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I was in the thick of grad school when OoT came out, so I reserved it at Gamestop, paid it off, had my parents pick it up and then made them promise to keep it the hell away from me until I was done with finals.

...I'm pretty sure my Christmas break that year was 90% Zelda.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Starlink will be here today and I gotta say I'm pretty excited to try it out. We haven't had a really good space battle game in a long time. I ended up picking up one other ship because they were on sale too, so I'll have three ships to start out with. My son has no idea it'll be here today. This four day weekend will be a blast playing that with him. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    FYI there's a sale in the Switch eshop that actually has good deals. Standouts include Doom and Wolfenstein 2 both $30 a pop.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    boooo no Xenoblade 2, Splattoon 2 or Octopath deals? I don't want to go to a store!

Question, is physical Torna a download code? I already have digital XB2...

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    boooo no Xenoblade 2, Splattoon 2 or Octopath deals? I don't want to go to a store!

Question, is physical Torna a download code? I already have digital XB2...

You’d be better served buying the Expansion Pass if you own XB2.

It costs $30 and comes with Torna.

Torna standalone is $40.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.