As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX EAST 2019 HOTELS LIVE

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    Seaport full weekend is up

zmYaVYP.png
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Westin 2-bed Wednesday is up

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • imPokerFaceimPokerFace Registered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    Westin 2-bed Wednesday is up

I managed to snag this...but it seems like a couple people are cancelling this specific day at the westin for some reason as it's disappeared and reappeared a couple times today.

• mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I really hate this new site. It is not user friendly. Hopefully they are better on the not overselling the rooms side of things.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

has anyone had luck with the westin since hotels went up? feel like i check it every day and only have gotten one day so far lol

I'm bummed as I have an Aloft King room for Wednesday, and Thursday, And Friday-Sunday ... but they can't merge the individual reservations :( soooooo really hoping they can fix this b/c I'm not a fan of checking in and out 3 times.

I'm bummed as I have an Aloft King room for Wednesday, and Thursday, And Friday-Sunday ... but they can't merge the individual reservations :( soooooo really hoping they can fix this b/c I'm not a fan of checking in and out 3 times.

You could probably call the hotel once we get sooner to merge the reservations.

You could probably call the hotel once we get sooner to merge the reservations.
    yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. Just a pain, and there is no way I can release the rooms and have a chance at rebooking them all under one reservation without someone else scooping them up haha

• sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    Has anyone else had issues accessing the hotel site? the past several mornings when I go in to check, I always get an error when trying to access the hotel list.

• mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular

You should call or email. I semi recant my previous statement. The site is not functioning well for what I needed. But I needed several rooms, and I called and they got me setup, no problem. They were actually super accommodating and clearly have a strong customer service team. I made a ticket/email on the site and then setup up a callback time.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• falknessfalkness Registered User regular
    I think I am gonna have to call about a Thursday at the Element. I have a Wednesday reservation, and a Fri/Sat. Been checking daily to see if a Thursday has opened up.

edited December 2018
    mayapple wrote: »
    You should call or email. I made a ticket/email on the site and then setup up a callback time.
    they were never able to help me, but a new room option opened up so I booked all the rooms under one reservation Woohoo!!

Just released my Aloft King bed Wednesday to Sunday ---- go grab that!

ishtra on
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular

I was in this exact position two years ago, with three individual bookings at Seaport. I called the hotel and explained my situation, and she was able to just remove the check in/out options on my account so it just looked like one big reservation. She said it makes no difference to them because you're already paying for every night anyways, it's just a system adjustment on their end.

Just in case someone else runs into this. But glad to hear you were able to get it a new reservation with every day!

erdub14zr3u2.png

• thoy450thoy450 Registered User new member
    Heads up y'all, the Aloft has Double Queen and King rooms available from 27th to the 31st at the PAX group rate. Just booked two double Queens for the 27th to the 31st and the representative mentioned that they had a couple more rooms available. You have to call in though as their site and the PAX hotel registration site don't show any availability. Super hyped to be next to the con again this year!

• iltailta Registered User regular
    thoy450 wrote: »
    Heads up y'all, the Aloft has Double Queen and King rooms available from 27th to the 31st at the PAX group rate. Just booked two double Queens for the 27th to the 31st and the representative mentioned that they had a couple more rooms available. You have to call in though as their site and the PAX hotel registration site don't show any availability. Super hyped to be next to the con again this year!

YOU ARE MY HERO

edited January 2019
    btw i just dropped my one-bed at seaport, don't know when it will show up, but i hope another happy forum-goer gets it!

ilta on
    Just dropped my Aloft King Wednesday through Sunday for anyone ... go go go

• LejicLejic Registered User regular
    Just dropped my Aloft King Wednesday through Sunday for anyone ... go go go

Damn, I was too late, but thanks for letting us know!

• NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Once again I am here hoping to catch an Element, Aloft, Seaport, Renaissance, or coveted Westin room Thurs-Sun. My daily refreshing game starts today!

S2ieAvx.png
    edited January 2019
    NFG wrote: »
    Once again I am here hoping to catch an Element, Aloft, Seaport, Renaissance, or coveted Westin room Thurs-Sun. My daily refreshing game starts today!

NFG, I got one of those Aloft double-bed rooms and I'm happy to add you to the room group! I still need to make a post on the roomshare thread, but if you want to get in touch with me, my email is isaiaht@gmail.com

ilta on
    I can't see the Westin even when I look for all hotels, regardless of space availability. Others show up, but Westin is just not on the list at all. I was just going to compare prices, but it struck me as odd. What'll happen if somebody drops Westin? That's how I got it last time...

Anybody else seeing the same, or just me?

• ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Lejic wrote: »
    I can't see the Westin even when I look for all hotels, regardless of space availability. Others show up, but Westin is just not on the list at all. I was just going to compare prices, but it struck me as odd. What'll happen if somebody drops Westin? That's how I got it last time...

Same thing. Westin isn't even showing up on the list.

• CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    ScoJoMo wrote: »

You may need to click the 'Show unavailable rooms' checkbox in the top right of the hotel list.

I have some rooms, but I'm still holding out for a double bed Seaport, Aloft, Element, or Westin as well for my group of 4. X_X

ScoJoMo wrote: »

You may need to click the 'Show unavailable rooms' checkbox in the top right of the hotel list.

I have some rooms, but I'm still holding out for a double bed Seaport, Aloft, Element, or Westin as well for my group of 4. X_X

Even then, other unavailable ones show, but not Westin. Very curious!

Where did you manage to get rooms, out of curiosity?

Well I just called the hotel booking company asking if there was any possibility of a Thursday Element since I have a Wednesday night and a Friday/Saturday night, and the lady didn't seem very friendly or helpful at all. So if anyone drops a Thursday, can someone please please please let me know? Thanks.

• NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    ilta wrote: »
    NFG wrote: »

NFG, I got one of those Aloft double-bed rooms and I'm happy to add you to the room group! I still need to make a post on the roomshare thread, but if you want to get in touch with me, my email is isaiaht@gmail.com

Appreciate it! I do have a full room of people to house though so unfortunately room shares are not an option. :P

S2ieAvx.png
    falkness wrote: »
    Well I just called the hotel booking company asking if there was any possibility of a Thursday Element since I have a Wednesday night and a Friday/Saturday night, and the lady didn't seem very friendly or helpful at all. So if anyone drops a Thursday, can someone please please please let me know? Thanks.

Yeah, this new company is nowhere near as good as onpeak. I really wish they'd switch back

zmYaVYP.png
    Got my Westin room that just popped! Dropped a Wednesday-Sunday Element

zmYaVYP.png
    Just got my Thursday Element! So many more nights opened up.

Got my Westin room that just popped! Dropped a Wednesday-Sunday Element

Was it a double or a single bed?

Dropped a single Wed-Thursday Element for a Single Westin Thuesday-Sunday

zmYaVYP.png
  • Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    Anyone have any experience with being waitlisted with this site?

OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
    Anyone have any experience with being waitlisted with this site?

A friend of mine was waitlisted this year for a hotel for East and like 3 days later he got confirmed for it. Don't know much else about it, sorry.

zmYaVYP.png
  • sfford2008sfford2008 Registered User regular
    Finally got a room close to the BCEC @ the reinassance! I got screwed over when I was booking a room on the ticket drop date. Had the element all ready to check out then the site crashed. Feels good to be close to the convention center and had been staying at the reinassance the past few years. I can finally relax a little bit haha!

• VANHOUSER96VANHOUSER96 Registered User new member
    Ended up with a Room at the Boston Park Plaza Thursday-Sunday.

edited January 2019
    *Deleted by User*

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
    edited January 2019
    Ok. I just booked a Wednesday Double Bed room at the Westin and I already have a Single Bed room at the Westin Thursday-Sunday. Does anyone know if their able to merge that to a single bed room Wednesday-Sunday. I know it's doubtful since its two different room types

Bunta_Fujiwara on
    zmYaVYP.png
    Ok. I just booked a Wednesday Double Bed room at the Westin and I already have a Single Bed room at the Westin Thursday-Sunday. Does anyone know if their able to merge that to a single bed room Wednesday-Sunday. I know it's doubtful since its two different room types

You might have to wait until the hotel gets the reservations and you will have to call them. If not, then ask at check in. You may even get a free upgrade. I did at the Element last year when my preferred bed type was sold out online.

Just dropped an Omni Parker Double bed from March 26th-April 1st. Got a double bed Aloft room for the same time period.

• a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    omni parker is a decent hotel too.expencive for what it is but service was good and the lugage caddys were nice.