As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    It bears repeating, Into The Breach is SO good!

Just finished the achievements with most nail biter ending ever
    Last one I needed was the first clear on Hard. It was going pretty well with a custom team of the prime flame mech, the basic brute tank, and the ranged ice mech.

Up until the ending island... they dropped me all the way down to 1 power in the first round, then aimed at 4 separate pylons at the start of the second. Thought I was screwed but ice mech saved the day as usual... freezing a pylon and body blocking the 4th shot.

Then thankfully I managed to hold out the rest of the battle through a combination of freezes, environment damage, and knockbacks. Woooo!!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    boooo no Xenoblade 2, Splattoon 2 or Octopath deals? I don't want to go to a store!

Question, is physical Torna a download code? I already have digital XB2...

Physical Torna is an actual game cartridge. It also comes with an eshop code for the rest of the expansion content for base XB2 aside from Torna.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Got through the first quest in Warframe and everything ran okay until I visited this hub city called Cetus. There the framerate noticeably chugs in docked mode. And there is a long loading when you want to exit the city to the plains free roam type area. You get locked in a connecting tunnel room waiting for the big door gate to open for 1-2 minutes as the loading icon spins in the lower left corner of the screen. I don't know if I want to delete game data and download it all over again to system memory.

Cetus and the loading transition for the plains are pretty bad on PC on an SSD as well, that's probably not going to dramatically improve on the onboard memory on the switch.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The good news about those classics from 1998 (or whenever) is that they're literally more accessible now than ever before, so you can go back to them anytime you want. Instead of having to play OoT on a 64, you now have a couple different VCs to play it on, 3DS, etc. I literally just beat OoT for the first time ever a couple weeks ago.

Also, to add to those warframe tips, a lot of these codes are working on the switch version.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/894257-promo-codes/

I think you can enter them directly from the switch too.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    edited November 2018
    most of that is useless ugly glyphs for streamers and such though

FREESWORD gives you a free sword and a weapon slot for it though

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I saw advice to upgrade to specific gear like to buy the real rifle soon not just the mk1, but I also saw advice to level everything up to 30 before moving on. So for now I'm leveling all my starter stuff.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    edited November 2018
    I leveled up all the mk1 stuff at the start, it doesn't matter too much but you'd want to level them up eventually anyway for the easy mastery experience.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Got through the first quest in Warframe and everything ran okay until I visited this hub city called Cetus. There the framerate noticeably chugs in docked mode. And there is a long loading when you want to exit the city to the plains free roam type area. You get locked in a connecting tunnel room waiting for the big door gate to open for 1-2 minutes as the loading icon spins in the lower left corner of the screen. I don't know if I want to delete game data and download it all over again to system memory.

Cetus and the loading transition for the plains are pretty bad on PC on an SSD as well, that's probably not going to dramatically improve on the onboard memory on the switch.

Eh, Warframe on PC is basically butter for me, everything turned up. The Cetus/plains transitions just mean you see "dummy" warframes on other players until they load in. It's not chuggy at all, though.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Super Mario Odyssey is the game that keeps on giving for costumes

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I feel a new tradition coming on where I play through super mario odyssey every Christmas as santa mario.

• baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I played through Mario & Rabbids earlier this year and sold off the cart without playing the expansion, so this sale was a good excuse to buy the Gold edition. Sadly it was the only thing on a ~20 item wishlist that WAS on sale but I’m patient.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Bought The Messenger on sale. Now I've got 2 games to play after I finish VC4, the other being Shovel Knight Treasure Trove.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I wish that 1998 were a long time ago, but the distressing reality is that twenty years are not much time.

I don't know man. 1998 could only have been 5 or 6 years ago.

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    With all the costumes they're adding to Mario, I sorta wish they weren't quite so expensive. I'd have to grind for coins just to afford them all which sounds...not that fun. Luigi's Balloon Hunt makes that proposition better but still not that enticing. I just wanna run around as Santa!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Katamari Damacy Reroll demo went up on the japanese eShop earlier apparently.

I'm still at work so I found it on the japanese eShop so it can download before I get home.

It's the lower yellow button, or at least that's what my magical google translate camera thing on my phone told me, and should work as long as you're logged into your JP account.

If nuclear war breaks out because the button is wrong, please address any complaints to google.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I've been playing old games on the Wii and game cube with my GF, and it makes me really want a switch. There's just something about nintendo systems and games. There's nothing quite like Mario Kart. On the Wii, my mom even played it. I remember going online with her one time. Thanks to bullets and such, sometimes she didn't finish last. I think I'm going to start looking on craigslist and looking for cheap deals. Really can't afford it, but maybe I'll find a steal of a deal.

TDawg wrote: »
    With all the costumes they're adding to Mario, I sorta wish they weren't quite so expensive. I'd have to grind for coins just to afford them all which sounds...not that fun. Luigi's Balloon Hunt makes that proposition better but still not that enticing. I just wanna run around as Santa!

Are they ever limited time? Wondering if I need to do some coin grinding today.

anoffday wrote: »
    TDawg wrote: »

Are they ever limited time? Wondering if I need to do some coin grinding today.

Luckily they're not.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Nintendo games with parents huh? I had a lot of fun playing Mario golf with my dad on the n64.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    What's a good time to get the DLC for Zelda? I haven't finished it yet, but I have all the shrines done. I'm just curious if it gets in the way of the vanilla game or if it's a good supplement to it.

Also, I was playing my 3DS last night and realized how nice it would be to play those on switch. Have they mentioned any plans to release 3DS games on it or some sort of hardware device to let you connect actual carts?

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Cross-posting from the eShop thread:

Battery Jam is an indie game made by a trio of guys from my old college. It's a couch competitive game of fast-paced territory control. If you're looking for a fun party game, I'd highly recommend it.

https://youtu.be/MSJ6jm0osvg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Morran wrote: »
    Wait, Ocarina of Time is twenty years old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia91QYLwor4

I've been getting more and more "Oh God, I'm getting old" moments, but this one hits hard. Ocarina of Time feels much more... recent, somehow. Maybe it's because it left a vivid impression.

1998 was such awesome year for games. StarCraft AND Brood wars, half-life, grim fandango, fallout 2, baldurs gate, thief, Zelda oot, metal gear solid.... And a bunch more!

Xenogears, FFT (in North America)... If there are Hall of Fame years for gaming, 1998 is a first ballot entry.

Some great micro SD card deals on Amazon

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    On Amazon.ca the Switch Pro-Controller is currently at $60 CAD (normally $90). So if any canucks were thinking about grabbing one for Smash Bros (like me) you might want to jump on it.

(Not sure about other regions' Amazons, but it's worth checking.)

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Shame the Bayo games aren't part of the big sale but there's still lots of stuff to be found.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    On Amazon.ca the Switch Pro-Controller is currently at $60 CAD (normally $90). So if any canucks were thinking about grabbing one for Smash Bros (like me) you might want to jump on it.

(Not sure about other regions' Amazons, but it's worth checking.)

On US amazon it’s 10$ off or $59.99

50433.png?1708759015
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Finally got around to checking out the NES games for this month.

Gradius - Start at level 5 with all the upgrades just seems... dumb?

Metroid is still pretty good to me, just wandering around shooting bugs and somehow stumbling into finishing the game.

Mighty Bomb Jack is so weird. Like Solomon’s Key I feel like there’s a lot more going on here than it looks like in terms of how all the systems interact, simple as they are.

TwinBee is fine. Curious what they’ll bring out for December.

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Pokémon Let’s Go is a traditional Pokémon game right? Looking it up on Wikipedia it says it’s a remake or yellow for the switch which would be perfect, but it also mentions having Go influences which does not sound fun.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Pokémon Let’s Go is a traditional Pokémon game right? Looking it up on Wikipedia it says it’s a remake or yellow for the switch which would be perfect, but it also mentions having Go influences which does not sound fun.

From what I gather it's basically Yellow but you use motion controls to catch Pokémon.

it's sort of a fusion of a traditional mainline pokemon with pokemon go's ball throwing replacing wild pokemon battles

BahamutZERO.gif
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    it's sort of a fusion of a traditional mainline pokemon with pokemon go's ball throwing replacing wild pokemon battles

Are you able to do it without the motion controls at all? (I’m a very lazy gamer)

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular

Are you able to do it without the motion controls at all? (I’m a very lazy gamer)

Nope. The game doesn't even support the pro controller.

Only in handheld, though there is gyro if you want to aim (it's not required though).

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I really, really hope they patch non-motion catching into the game & normal controller modes into the game. I love the motion catching but...not all the time. And there's the obvious accessibility issues.

It's 2018. We should be past this.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    It's the current year!

• ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    It's year two of the 699th Olympiad for Pete's sake.

• Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Only in handheld, though there is gyro if you want to aim (it's not required though).

If I recall it also can't be disabled. Which as much as I like gyro aim is pretty crappy because if you don't like gyro you have to basically hold it stock still.
    vamen wrote: »
    What's a good time to get the DLC for Zelda? I haven't finished it yet, but I have all the shrines done. I'm just curious if it gets in the way of the vanilla game or if it's a good supplement to it.

Also, I was playing my 3DS last night and realized how nice it would be to play those on switch. Have they mentioned any plans to release 3DS games on it or some sort of hardware device to let you connect actual carts?

The story dlc kicks in after the 4 dungeons. Everything else is kinda scattered around. If you plan on getting it there isn't really a reason to wait.

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    It's better to buy the DLC as soon as you get the game. Then do the house armor quest as soon as possible.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Whatever you do, don't stop playing and then wait for months before doing the DLC. The Champion's Ballad stuff has what has to be the most hostile possible start for people who haven't played in a while.