As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa! Assignments now!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    All you people sending gifts before it's even December!?

Humbug! We still have gobbles to eat.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Right. The real Christmas season doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving.

And then ... shang_tsung.mp4

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I can't really say why I sent my gifts early without revealing myself, but I have my reasons.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Almost time for me to put some elves to work...
    rufv5uannhd7.jpg

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I've bought one thing so far... But why would I not use all this extra time to plot?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Right. The real Christmas season doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving.

Agreed. For me the day after Turkey day means it's tamale, eggnog and stalking season.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

Agreed. For me the day after Turkey day means it's tamale, eggnog and stalking season.

reasonably, at least two of those can be year round seasons

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I mean, I understand the point you guys are making. I'm just used to remote island shipping times, so I expect things to take weeks, not arrive the next day.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »
    I mean, I understand the point you guys are making. I'm just used to remote island shipping times, so I expect things to take weeks, not arrive the next day.

Aye, I was but making a joke. Please send gifts whenever you please. Stalking season started as soon as Mrs. Claus Radiation sent out the targets.

• Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    3TX0C9Q.gif

I guess I wasn't as naughty as I originally thought. Holy schnikes!!

p1_sUr3jCGU0-_q7z9GYnRTg6jmSJNrtKH2nFhBIBbtAs3pmmGJGcaMtUu2-CYgNA6n05vYt76WGtIVZdviazTuXK9LwtiXUt8klqlxdLOmQRt0sRy0N5QxqCAfEEU2_OlToJMOeDUeGhVzNPwoqL-MWV3-KzH5Z1UjI2TTwoI8nOPWSpD8mUx6IG8skI6bV2mq3s-atQ40c8ByDFEDVfU_mbP86TiRmQ2JQpsmh9VwtuZIIXkXqgZa8wLfkTW585H52Gbf5o_REfE0gyp5Pzm8tvFbTVPTeKs89HkKa09N88zaIehpA6D9COFq41KCPbVVpAgQqZHs-4dbkRBnTukoeMxJvyRYelHvfr7YIIh6OIXlTPXUdA8Ar-eTR5qbvY51cflouJiGGYDUUI5lseGusLnG7wLIGQnQAzjh1vb1FpXBEEZJoOa3v8pnnEuvRta9zze-_eR9FrkiuSGa5_e8-q3D07zHNicCh42EIoulJ5HtEeTInYyVWlDdt4eXb91Tw2lysUmhreIvS54bMXwlHPo1khcHOVam4RFcimA7UE7EZ1P4pXjPl9LrLzoeS89JgSPSB_E7iZ9i5I-okOJszEYTfyieZeDxQZtOdQxGXeUE_14oQXhyMyNp-95gej6t0wocoVGblJIlyRGyc7ujl3F_9E6pLnzbI517RGfiMtCrwZ1LxV3uXqYv66PDqWgGT-o0pfIZJYpV2rf4K4Kj5gwAPwR5dGQkzOL65BvV6_K0oYxt8ZDU5AWVhJdLH492ccr_M6uGoLNwReIBomBw93i3xtCwDSCeBkZaDQ6YMRXsB59V04Old3YCTlqd-_Lj8hE0onjI8h2wHqbP3aHIPgDdLNZ41iG53nv4=w569-h758-no

theoriginalz on
    Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

reasonably, at least two of those can be year round seasons

If you make your own nog, all three can be year round.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    3TX0C9Q.gif

I guess I wasn't as naughty as I originally thought. Holy schnikes!! https://photos.app.goo.gl/MzVtSRE9ozFx2XGr5

Nice! I got the Lets Go Eevee, but didn't get the pokeball thing. Not sure how much it adds, but I've been having fun playing so far. Just beat the 3rd gym.

Also for your awareness if you create a shared album and wanted to post the pictures in line you should maximize the picture, then right click on it and copy image address and then use that with the [ img ] tags.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    The Pokeball Plus works with your Switch as a controller to help make your throws a bit more accurate; and it also adds a free Mew to your game.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    So Santa sent me a message telling me a parcel was on its way! Lo! The majestic goods have arrived!
    3TX0C9Q.gif

gv08rTi.jpg
    hKPU49a.jpg

NGGGGGGGG! MORT! One of my all time favourite books! With Hitchhiker's Guide ti the Galaxy as well!? TWO OF MY FAVOURITE BOOKS?! You killed it Santa! Thank you so much!
    You seriously are the best, @antoshka!

Also fitting that your gifts arrived the same day I start using the gift you sent last year!
    W3fLlln.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Ok, this smells really good now about another 10 minutes or so till it's cooked and then a couple more to wait for it to cool.
    BuMc6Ci.jpg

Edit: success!
    g6diaIZ.jpg

Big Classy on
  • Options
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    The Pokeball Plus works with your Switch as a controller to help make your throws a bit more accurate; and it also adds a free Mew to your game.

Aww damnit. Kinda want a Mew. That's good to know. I'm sure I'll be able to pick one up used.
    Big Classy wrote: »
    So Santa sent me a message telling me a parcel was on its way! Lo! The majestic goods have arrived!
    **snip*

NGGGGGGGG! MORT! One of my all time favourite books! With Hitchhiker's Guide ti the Galaxy as well!? TWO OF MY FAVOURITE BOOKS?! You killed it Santa! Thank you so much!
    You seriously are the best, antoshka!

You guys were matched despite being the santa/santee last year?
    Hmmm...going to have to ask Mrs. Radiation about that.
    Also that Mort box/cover looks fantastic!

• Options
    No no no, that was a different secret Santa last year! I passed on the G&T one due to personal problems.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Wait, is that magazine calling Atlas Shrugged a Great American Novel?

Also, that pasta looks delicious.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Insta Pots are awesome and I recommend them to everyone.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Insta Pots are life. No joke I use mine 3-4 nights a week. Dry lentils and some veg to soup in ~30 minutes? Yes please.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    +1 for Insta Pots. Even if I only use mine for meal prep and making huge chili batches.

• Options
    I've been googling recipes fite the last two days and it's looking good!

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    +1 for Insta Pots. Even if I only use mine for meal prep and making huge chili batches.

For those with a southern or asian background, it's an awesome rice cooker, too.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    Dac Vin wrote: »

For those with a southern or asian background, it's an awesome rice cooker, too.

Everyone eats rice!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Do y'all just make plain rice in it or do you throw all the ingredients in at the same time?

• Options
    Do y'all just make plain rice in it or do you throw all the ingredients in at the same time?

Usually just the rice itself, personally.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Gift sent plus a not really a gift from amazon but more a way to be able to send a message.

• Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    Gifts are sent, hope you enjoy!

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Without spoiling much, I look at my current main gift idea and I think "oh god I hope it doesn't get too roughed up during transit". So, the usual postal worries.

• Options
    I bought myself a present! I own a Switch! No games but it was dirt cheapand it should've been silly to pass! Merry Christmas to me!

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Updating from last year’s list from other secret Santa:

I like exotic woods for carving/whittling.
    I like games and art stuffs I can do with my nearly 5 year old and brand newborn daughters.
    I like your crafty/creative things.
    I like your local brews/coffees/teas.

I probably don't like nudie things.

I'm not allergic to anything.

If you are going to go the video game route, I've got a PC which I prefer for most games but I can’t really use currently for long stints while raising up the newborn. I have a PS4 which I hardly use for gaming any more but I wouldn’t be opposed to something rad and newish. I have a Switch that my eldest daughter and I both enjoy using quite a bit. I currently own Splattoon 2, Zelda BOTW, Octopath Traveler, and Lego Ninjago and Just Dance 2019 and I’ve preordered super smash bros. I’m up for just about anything expect most shooter games on console because I’m terrible at them if not on PC.

Amazon Wish list

Edit: updated with a Black Friday purchased game that I now own :+1:

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I bought myself a present! I own a Switch! No games but it was dirt cheapand it should've been silly to pass! Merry Christmas to me!

There are so many good things to play on switch. Honestly, I could see myself playing mine for the rest of my gaming life.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Updating from last year’s list from other secret Santa:

I like exotic woods for carving/whittling.
    I like games and art stuffs I can do with my nearly 5 year old and brand newborn daughters.
    I like your crafty/creative things.
    I like your local brews/coffees/teas.

I probably don't like nudie things.

I'm not allergic to anything.

If you are going to go the video game route, I've got a PC which I prefer for most games but I can’t really use currently for long stints while raising up the newborn. I have a PS4 which I hardly use for gaming any more but I wouldn’t be opposed to something rad and newish. I have a Switch that my eldest daughter and I both enjoy using quite a bit. I currently own Splattoon 2, Zelda BOTW, Octopath Traveler, and Lego Ninjago. I’m up for just about anything expect most shooter games on console because I’m terrible at them if not on PC.

Amazon Wish list

@davidsdurions you hand carve? Neat! There's an arts and crafts thread in see++ you should post in. It'd be nice to have more wood working in there.
    I mostly do CNC work.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I try to carve. I haven’t much time since the kiddos started coming around but I always want the fancy wood that I just can’t get around here.

• Options
    Now this box of nudie things is just going to go to waste though

• Options
    Now this box of nudie things is just going to go to waste though

You can send em to me :3

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Shots fired! Shots fired!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    3TX0C9Q.gif

Sitting around the house "working" today I hear a knock at the door and by the time I made it 4 feet the UPS guy was gone. I thought it was one of the packages I had purchased but it turns out it was a big ole box of festive joy!

Here's the haul!

https://imgur.com/a/ICe9rbE

Thank you so much Santa! My kids are going to LOVE their new shirts and I'll be sure to take a picture after they put it on (I already know which shirt is lined up for tomorrow for me)! I didn't see a name anywhere on there so reveal yourself! Or not, you're my Santa afterall.... who am I to demand anything??

To my Santee: I went ahead and picked your stuff up from Amazon today! Should be here by Wednesday. I'll wrap them and ship them immediately!

• Options
    Santa, a heads up. I may get Skyrim for the switch, having never played it.
    Also going to be purchasing a bunch of new PC stuff on Monday. My poor current PC was basically dying trying to do some of the 3d model tool path rendering I was doing yesterday.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    @MNC Dover
    My computer is set up again! I can sit and internet! I can...
    kgp5c8ckgx8k.gif
    Apparently there was shenanigans going on behind my back. I work from home, so my wife had to infiltrate my PC Mission Impossible style to get access to my Steam account. But once she did:
    tsccn0qdcpqb.png
    1v3lasekcn4n.png
    I was on the fence about Slay the Spire, so thanks for the shove - it looks like the kind of oddball fun I've been into recently, and I'm a sucker for both card games and roguelikes.
    And... Quill! We played Moss at PAX a few years ago, and Quill stole our hearts. I can't wait to high-five my little mouse buddy again!

We just moved in to our first house, so the last few weeks have been chaos... but a care package arrived to help!
    o29nu2tj0d5r.jpg
    The cutting board was immediately claimed by the wife and rushed to the kitchen. The towels were also immediately useful as at the time, we had a single unpacked towel. And the doormat sits in front of my work from home office, welcoming people (and my cat) to my lair.

Thank you so much, and happy holidays to all!