As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - The Weapons Of War Perished

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - The Weapons Of War Perished

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    JortalusJortalus Registered User regular
    Simple joke, but it's super effective.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I also never played Battlefield U

• Options
    ProwlingmonkeyProwlingmonkey Registered User regular
    Is it anyone else's pet peeve when a game franchise changes its sequencing to roman numerals? Got Battlefield, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil. Pick a side and stay with it Titlers!!!

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Is it anyone else's pet peeve when a game franchise changes its sequencing to roman numerals? Got Battlefield, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil. Pick a side and stay with it Titlers!!!

Metal gear actually did not do that. Metal gear V is actually a nod to a major plot point of the game rather then being the Roman numeral. Unless you play it though you would not know that, so I guess it could go either way.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, simple but funny. Still loving Mike's evolution of his art style.

Hey, does anyone know when/if the podcasts are coming back? Tube ?

Edit - Sorry for the "AT" Tube. Was just curious if you had any info of the podcast.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    As somebody who calls that Edward Norton film "American History Ten", I appreciate this joke

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    I get it; I'm way behind on playing through the first 75 Fallout games.

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Battlefield U was on the WiiU. Which explains why he didn't play it. ;)

(Nintendo lover here, but I still couldn't resist the obvious joke.)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I actually didn't get this joke because I assumed there really was a (Wii) U version.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    It brings up the question, is Battlefield now more popular because the games have gotten better, or has Call of Duty just gotten worse in comparison?

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    In Battlefield U the player on the TV enjoys the standard Battlefield battlexperiance, while the player on the gamepads touchscreen can drag around snoop dogg gifs in real time.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Actually, we already played BF:V
    Like 12 years ago.
    When it was called Battlefield Vietnam!

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Oh, wow, there IS a new battlefield. How did I not have this one advertised all up in my biz lately?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Pretty gutsy play on Jerry's part to make a Roman Numeral joke. Some of us remember the "Megaman" incident.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    It brings up the question, is Battlefield now more popular because the games have gotten better, or has Call of Duty just gotten worse in comparison?

I mean, probably a little of column A, a little of column B.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Plus I mean, they went from Battlefield 4, to Battlefield 1, to Battlefield V... what?
    What's next, Battlefield 360?

jwalk on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Battlefield 2143, I'm hoping.

sig.gif
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    jwalk wrote: »
    Plus I mean, they went from Battlefield 4, to Battlefield 1, to Battlefield V... what?
    What's next, Battlefield 360?

Battlefield 2019, then Battlefield Next, then just Battlefield (again).

dennis on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Battlefield 76.

Singleplayer only.

Djiem on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Pretty gutsy play on Jerry's part to make a Roman Numeral joke. Some of us remember the "Megaman" incident.

Listen, you have to remember that Mega Man is made by Capcom. As in the same company that followed Street Fighter II with an installment set between the first and second called Street Fighter Zero (which their international branches wisely chose to rename SF Alpha). Let that soak in for a minute. You can't assume reasonable use of numbers/letters in sequel products from western companies, as demonstrated by Battlefield & Xbox, so you certainly can't expect it from Capcom.

Mega Man X was made concurrently with Mega Man 6 (N.B. they didn't use roman numerals for the classic series in Japan). They meant X as in eXtreme, because it was the early 90's.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    They meant X as in eXtreme, because it was the early 90's.

I can confirm that, as a member of Generation eXtreme.

• Options
    GuilelessGuileless Registered User regular
    Do you agree with Jerry in the news post that one has to choose between CoD and Battlefield, and that choice persists across the annual iterations?

I think that's basically true, most people prefer one series to the other and stick with it.