As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Assassin's Creed] To fight the horde, sing and cry

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Found an incel mercenary
    221c427e-d7ad-4825-b5b7-ce57540ae9cc.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=4LjkK60gzP5dCyG6CYP6cD7lJBeq%2BF%2BiO0rhFDBpJIc%3D

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The best mercenary name/adjective combo I've encountered so far is, "Elektra the Patricide". I saw her and thought, "girl, you're doing it wrong".

htm on
    edited November 2018
    I've got one cultist left except for the leader but I can't find him, It's a heroes of the cult guy and it says he's preparing for battle in messara, and I should help people near by. Thing is I've done all the quests there and nothing's come up. Unless he's part of the Minotaur area? There's a quest near that that I'm leaving till last

Can someone let me know in spoilers I'm too scared to google it in case I get spoilers for the cult leader

Prohass on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I feel like the mercenaries should be fighting each other instead of fighting me. They'll just have to split the bounty.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Prohass wrote: »
    I've got one cultist left except for the leader but I can't find him, It's a heroes of the cult guy and it says he's preparing for battle in messara, and I should help people near by. Thing is I've done all the quests there and nothing's come up. Unless he's part of the Minotaur area? There's a quest near that that I'm leaving till last

Can someone let me know in spoilers I'm too scared to google it in case I get spoilers for the cult leader
    IIRC he shows up the the conquest battle.

-Loki- on
    edited November 2018
    -Loki- wrote: »

Must be when playing Spartans side cos I did one on the Athenian side and got bubkis I think. Or vice versa

Prohass on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Must be when playing Spartans side cos I did one on the Athenian side and got bubkis I think. Or vice versa

Actually I think I remember now.
    I think he was in the Leader fort. I recall killing a cultist when cleaning that place out.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Actually I think I remember now.
    I think he was in the Leader fort. I recall killing a cultist when cleaning that place out.

I had to Google it, and think I know which one you're talking about. Have you done anything underwater down there yet? Or fought in the Arena?

chromdom on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Found an incel mercenary
    221c427e-d7ad-4825-b5b7-ce57540ae9cc.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=4LjkK60gzP5dCyG6CYP6cD7lJBeq%2BF%2BiO0rhFDBpJIc%3D

Man these deep cuts!

I wasn't feeling the game for a while, I'm enjoying it more that I've unlocked stuff, but I'm not a fan of how some of the areas high level right next to way way lower areas. And that some of the mercs sent after you can be like 3 to 4 levels higher and take forever to go down, on top of them not getting hurt by their own poison bombs/fire bombs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I feel like the mercenaries should be fighting each other instead of fighting me. They'll just have to split the bounty.

I do wish their friendly fire would get them to turn on each other. If only for the respite it would provide.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2018
    I often just ran when a fire bomb merc showed up, they are easily the most dangerous, or lead them to water if possible

Prohass on
    edited November 2018
    I often just ran when a fire bomb merc showed up, they are easily the most dangerous, or lead them to water if possible

Yeah my nemesis jerk wad level 29 when I was level 26 up in my shit was a fire bombing dickwad. The death that pissed me off the most is when he snap bombed me next to my trapped alarm fire and it one shot me. I was so so angry.

Also there is a mythical boss fight that I've had unlocked since like level 10 but i don't know how to start it? Like I come up to a door that gets partially broken and I can't figure what I'm supposed to do to start the fight? I think its like forgotten isle or something?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah my nemesis jerk wad level 29 when I was level 26 up in my shit was a fire bombing dickwad. The death that pissed me off the most is when he snap bombed me next to my trapped alarm fire and it one shot me. I was so so angry.

Also there is a mythical boss fight that I've had unlocked since like level 10 but i don't know how to start it? Like I come up to a door that gets partially broken and I can't figure what I'm supposed to do to start the fight? I think its like forgotten isle or something?

I think you find a quest in the main story that unlocks it

Ok I figured, but there was no indication that "you can't do this yet" other than literally not being able to get in there.

It's kind of what I was turned off at first when I'd have the points to spend on abilities but nebulously waiting for a story unlock to do it.

I think the leveling here actively hurt the game more so than origins. In origins I felt the map traversal was organic and never remember being like "woop that's way higher than I am" but several times in Odyssey I've been near or in no man's land when like natural exploration would take you over there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Ok I figured, but there was no indication that "you can't do this yet" other than literally not being able to get in there.

It's kind of what I was turned off at first when I'd have the points to spend on abilities but nebulously waiting for a story unlock to do it.

I think the leveling here actively hurt the game more so than origins. In origins I felt the map traversal was organic and never remember being like "woop that's way higher than I am" but several times in Odyssey I've been near or in no man's land when like natural exploration would take you over there.

Kassandra will literally say "Huh. I guess I can't get past this yet, I'll have to come back later..." when you find the door.

dporowski wrote: »

Kassandra will literally say "Huh. I guess I can't get past this yet, I'll have to come back later..." when you find the door.

I think she only says that the first time, but like the icon changed so I thought I could get in, but sadly not.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2018
    Holy shit I just finished the artifacts campaign, God damn that was an awesome ending for an aspect of the series I don't always enjoy (the sci fi precursor stuff)

Prohass on
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Whelp, that was an easy bandit commander kill.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    edited November 2018
    That's nothing, you wait till you find all the commanders and captains that like to stand next to cliffs with their back to you in Odyssey

I don't like to victim blame but I'm pretty sure they wanted to be Spartan kicked into oblivion

Prohass on
    That's nothing, you wait till you find all the commanders and captains that like to stand next to cliffs with their back to you in Odyssey

I don't like to victim blame but I'm pretty sure they wanted to be Spartan kicked into oblivion

Arkadia spoilers
    That’s how I killed the cult dude. Worked my way around the back of his fort in the grass, found him patiently standing at the back without any guards.

Whistled to get his attention, and when he got close, I stood up and backed over to the cliff. He charges me, I dodge, turn around, and lolkicked off a 100ft cliff.

Pretty sure that was the intended assassination method.

Do you have to find his body to confirm the kill? That's what stopped me from Spartan kicking too much, my obsession with loot

But put me on a boat and everyones going in the drink

Do you have to find his body to confirm the kill? That's what stopped me from Spartan kicking too much, my obsession with loot

But put me on a boat and everyones going in the drink

Yes, but once you reach the point where fall damage does not hurt, I just jump off and do a superhero landing.

Just read that there's going to be a new game plus mode, I hope they let us use a Kassandra save to make an alexios new game plus.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Just read that there's going to be a new game plus mode, I hope they let us use a Kassandra save to make an alexios new game plus.

Oooh nice. I tried to start a new game as Alexios and play ranged only, but I just don't have it in me to upgrade the ship all over again. Also I just don't like Alexios, Kassandra's VA just nailed it so hard that I can only play as her. Will definitely do NG+ archer Kass! And maybe try to figure out how to not fuck up the ending so bad.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Are there any XP mods or what not for AC: Origins on Steam? It's on sale and after watching a bunch of ancient egypt stuff yesterday, I'm tempted to give it a shot. My concern is that my game play time is pretty limited and I've heard it's a bit of a slog to get through.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I just started AC:Odyss and have problems in the tutorial Island. I'm level 2, but lvl 3 mooks just don't die on stealth assassination and are quite resistant to regular attacks too. Is that just hard-difficulty thing or are the lvl+1 enemies always such a pain in the ass?

It's not really fun to explore the Island, if I have to level hunt for the just the right level encounters to grind.

Edit: the odyssey, not origins.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
    That's probably a hard-difficulty thing. I haven't played Origins in a while, but I do remember that mooks only 1 to 2 levels higher than me were still pretty manageable on normal difficulty. Depending on the mook, I could still one-shot them with assassinate.

XP-wise, Origins is pretty similar to Odyssey. Unless you're only focused on the main story, you shouldn't have problems with enemies out-leveling you. Side quests and exploration mixed in with the main missions should work just fine.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Oh, I meant odyssey. :biggrin: I don't remember having similar problems in origins.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Starting out, yeah even one level above is not going to be a guaranteed instakill. You'll eventually (pretty quickly actually) ameliorate that with gear and skills but level 2? Maybe having all gear with +assassin stats would do it. It is def a step harder than Origins in this regard.

Oh, yeah Odyssey is a little tougher starting out. By the time you're ready to leave Kephalonia, things should even out more. Parrying is key in Odyssey, IMO. It's loads more useful than it was in Origins (in that it actually works) and a counter attack after a parry is almost always a crit I think.

edited November 2018
    It's weird I went through the entire game, 130 hours fully completed, without parrying, I just dodged. Not saying it's not the right thing to do, I just didn't like parrying so I went fully into a dodge machine style

And yeah I found that until you earn engravings to boost assassination damage, and the assassination overkill thingy, you have to pick off the lower health guys first for a while with assassinations, then fight the big guys in open combat

Prohass on
  • danxdanx Registered User regular
    Did you skill the +assassin damage skill at level 2? That skill isn't optional above normal in the early game if you want to assassinate anything especially at level 2. On nightmare skilling it is enough to kill ordinary mobs but not brutes or yellows until level 5 or so but it'll still kill archers. After that adding in some +assassin engraves on gear that lacks it once they unlock really helps but at level 2-7 you still miss some gear slots and you wont get anywhere close to 20% ish assassin damage the skill gives for one point.

Hope this means we get a save profile system at some point.

Only dodging is completely viable too, I just can't seem to get the slow-mo thing to trigger reliably. The window on parrying is huge though, so I found it much more useful.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Finally had time to sink teeth into Odyssey this weekend and am up to level 44 and just now reached Athens. I'd didn't realize that the the Ubi version of "radiant" quest on message boards and citizens were pretty much endless and kept grinding shit before ever meeting the cult.

How much of a pain in the ass is the big ass cyclops on the legendary quest?

I haven't taken down anything non-human but the first 3 hits for Daphne and the Daughters of Artemis, thought I'd get my monster slaying on.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    I think I missed something, how do you go about customizing your appearance after that update?

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Lou29 wrote: »
    I think I missed something, how do you go about customizing your appearance after that update?

Highlight an equipment slot and hit X/Square and pick from the appearances you've looted and owned.

Further colors/looks will unlock as you level.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Anyone have any recommendations on farming loot to break down into mats? Like what's the best method? Captain killing, ship boarding, battles, etc?

I have pretty much enough material to level up all my legendaries to 70 except for soft leather, and I would prefer not to just hunt deer for hours, I'd rather do something fun to grind it

• ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Fort clears + ship battles while waiting for fort respawns seems like it'd go pretty well. Break down the fort loot plus what you get from supply caches, then sink ships rather than board, and claim the floating loot.

Chiselphane on
    Yeah I think you're right, I didn't even think about supply cashes, and particularly fighting leaders and their bodyguards plus moercenaries that come to their aid nets a lot of loot

• ApostateApostate Prince SpaceRegistered User regular
    I've been having a reoccurring bug. It's a long shot but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this as well.

The game will kind of soft lock where all action on the screen pauses but I can still move the view around. I can get into the menu and move through the tabs but everything underneath the tabs is black. What's weird is I can wait several minutes and it will eventually unfuck itself.

It seems to happen possibly when transitioning from one area to another or maybe loading into a scene. You can almost see it coming as the item preview pictures you get when pick something up go blank. I've also noticed my CPU% in task manager often spikes to 100% around the time it happens, but that may be coincidence.

It's not a game killer but it's really annoying.