As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    The big thing for me is always making sure I dilute my stimpacks, and luckily last night, I finally got the plans to dilute Rad-Away and Rad-X. So now I need to go get a metric ton of purified water to save myself a ton of weight.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    All the “Reduce weight” perks should seriously just be removed and everyone should get the effects for free.

Weight management the game only detracts from having fun.

Cant see why I should spend a bunch of perks to unfuck this crap.

Because the weight restrictions are there as a function of managing server load. Look at WoW when it first launched, your max inventory space was limited to X number of Z slot bags. Over expansions, Z grew in size as the server infrastructure expanded and technology progressed making it possible. But initially, that Z was not an arbitrary number, it was something they tested and found to be what was cost effective both in terms of money and in performance.

If its there to manage server load, why are there then perks that basically sidestep the limit?

Also game’s up, that took 4.5 hours...

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    All the “Reduce weight” perks should seriously just be removed and everyone should get the effects for free.

Because the weight restrictions are there as a function of managing server load. Look at WoW when it first launched, your max inventory space was limited to X number of Z slot bags. Over expansions, Z grew in size as the server infrastructure expanded and technology progressed making it possible. But initially, that Z was not an arbitrary number, it was something they tested and found to be what was cost effective both in terms of money and in performance.

If its there to manage server load, why are there then perks that basically sidestep the limit?

And why is it a function of weight and not number of items? I can put a bazillion notes and holotapes in my stash. Seems like that would have far more of an impact on server load than stashing a couple dozen weapons.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Speaking of accidentally deleting items, why does it randomly shuffle the order of items of the same name when you scrap one? I’ll be thinking “okay, the LAST pump shotgun is the one with the best durability so I can scrap this one and this one and this one and— wait, FUCK.

Also, why is sorting by condition/spoil for aid items apparently utterly useless?

Why when you sort by weight and scrap something does each section of items that are the same weight completely reshuffle?

Why is the UI so goddamn bad???

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    The big thing for me is always making sure I dilute my stimpacks, and luckily last night, I finally got the plans to dilute Rad-Away and Rad-X. So now I need to go get a metric ton of purified water to save myself a ton of weight.

Why dilute them? Isn't it the same total weight and healing?

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular

And why is it a function of weight and not number of items? I can put a bazillion notes and holotapes in my stash. Seems like that would have far more of an impact on server load than stashing a couple dozen weapons.

Yeah, -A- limit is sensible. Doing it by made up weight is stupidly indefensible and just unfun.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

Why dilute them? Isn't it the same total weight and healing?

Its the same total but it’s much more granular, it prevents overheating.

In terms of rad-away or rad-x 2-3 dilutes ones is more than enough for most things, so you can get rid of the full weight ones. It’s also a use for purified water which you get a lot of with a decent camp.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    The mixed opinions made me decide to Redbox this. Looks like the first night experience is going to be watching a 50GB patch download.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Today I learned that Anglers are far nastier in ‘76 than they were in 4. One of them took multiple shotguns to the face and just kept coming.

I’ll be avoiding those in future!

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Seems like the Overseer questline bugged out for me, I’m supposed to kill a dude who’s already dead.

Let me reload an earlier sav... Oh.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Seems like the Overseet questline bugged out for me, I’m supposed to kill a dude who’s already dead.

Same.

Edit: it looks like this is due to another player having killed him first, and the server taking forever to reset him.

Syngyne on
    5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    I also became Wanted when I killed another Wanted player... Because reasons?

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I've made the gratuitous mistake of buying this and now as punishment I have to download and install it.

Since this is just a glorified Skyrim mod, I'm going to roll muscle wizard and cast fist quite often.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Green Man Gaming is selling F76 for $35.19 if you use their Black Friday code during checkout.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Green Man Gaming is selling F76 for $35.19 if you use their Black Friday code during checkout.

I kinda feel like demanding a refund and then buying it again, cause it's not really worth $60. :confused:

• Options
    I bugged a mission at the morgantown airport by accidentally finding one of the mission item holotapes before actually starting the quest.

When i got to the step to listen to the holotape, listening to it wouldn't advance the mission, even if I went and picked up another one.

Logging off and back on cleared the items from my inventory and reverted me back to the step of the quest to go find the tape, so I guess it kinda sorta fixed it.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    I bugged a mission at the morgantown airport by accidentally finding one of the mission item holotapes before actually starting the quest.

When i got to the step to listen to the holotape, listening to it wouldn't advance the mission, even if I went and picked up another one.

Logging off and back on cleared the items from my inventory and reverted me back to the step of the quest to go find the tape, so I guess it kinda sorta fixed it.

I basically did the same thing. I had already got the holotape and then got the quest to get it from the terminal. When i clicked the terminal the game just crashed. Sorry for being thorough...

Also its irritating as fuck doing a quest and the reward cant be used for another 20 levels.

• Options
    So super duper perk gives you a chance of crafting twice when you make something:

Turns out this works for diluted stimpacks, so you can dilute a stim, have super duper proc, and end up with four diluted stimpacks.

• Options
    I finally invested a modest amount of resources in an actual CAMP, then went out to do some killing and collecting and what have you.. came back and it was all busted up, with some wall panels missing and most of the crops needing "repaired". All 4 turrets were still functional.

I.... assume something attacked it...?

• Options
    Ah... and now I got disconnected and it's just gone when I logged in again.

..... Cool.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Is there anyway to reduce rad without curing mutations?

616610-1.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Disrupter wrote: »

There's a perk that lets you keep them. In Luck maybe?

• Options
    edited November 2018

..... Cool.

It’s not very well explained but this is intentional, it means someone else on the server already had a camp there. Your stuff will be in the stores tab of the build menu. You’ll also notice it costs no caps to deploy the camp.

On your first post, yes you got attacked. What likely happened is the attacker was in a turret blind spot.

So a quick rundown of how turrets work. Turrets have a 60 degree cone of vision. If something does an aggressive action (takes damage from something you own or attacks you) in that cone then the turret goes on alert and attacks. Once it’s on alert a turret has 360 degrees arc and your turrets are linked and will all go on alert together.

This does mean however if there is no cone of vision on the attack the turrets will just sit there and do nothing. You can manually trigger an alert status on your turrets by firing on the target.

This is why the punji boards and traps exist despite doing tiny damage, place them in the vision cone of a turret will trigger the alert status when the trap does damage, allowing your turrets to fire before the enemy does.

Edit: I have tested how much budget they use, but presumably this is what the searchlight turrets are for.

Norgoth on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »

There's a perk that lets you keep them. In Luck maybe?

Starched Genes

• Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    Is there any way to tell what recipes/schematics you already know? Especially on vendors?

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

..... Cool.

It’s not very well explained but this is intentional, it means someone else on the server already had a camp there. Your stuff will be in the stores tab of the build menu. You’ll also notice it costs no caps to deploy the camp.

It's not. It's just gone. Along with all the resources, and the blueprint I had it saved under.

Ya know, I think I'm bailing on this train wreck. I got server disconnected 5 times tonight, and every time I get parked outside whatever zone I was in and rolled back like 5-20 minutes. Plus this CAMP thing just demolished a bunch of my resource stockpile that went into building it.

On top of that, the fucking sale price barely a week after release is adding insult to injury.

I only played FO4 lightly with a borrowed copy and it's on sale on Steam right now.. I could pick that up with plenty of money left over. I'm done with this one.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

..... Cool.

It's not. It's just gone. Along with all the resources, and the blueprint I had it saved under.

Ya know, I think I'm bailing on this train wreck. I got server disconnected 5 times tonight, and every time I get parked outside whatever zone I was in and rolled back like 5-20 minutes. Plus this CAMP thing just demolished a bunch of my resource stockpile that went into building it.

On top of that, the fucking sale price barely a week after release is adding insult to injury.

I only played FO4 lightly with a borrowed copy and it's on sale on Steam right now.. I could pick that up with plenty of money left over. I'm done with this one.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one. The guys over at Giant Bomb can't bring themselves to play the game enough so they can review it

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I’m still wanted (because I killed another Wanted dude and accidentally hit his house or something?) but some dude tried to get a kill on me when I was moving my CAMP.

He shot me with a Hunting Rifle when I was putting down my CAMP house mounted with 4 Missile Launcher turrets on top, all of them can see him from their placed position.

He got multi-rocketed repeatedly, half the area just got pelted with explosions and his dead corpse was flung ragdolling into a tree.

He didnt come back for more.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    That's the kind of thing I would do. "Oh, a wanted dude by himself! I can take him!" ... while completely oblivious to the turrets.

>.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Well, there was also the fact that I was wearing a X01 Power Armor when he shot me... :wink:

Sirialis on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

..... Cool.

If it makes you feel any better, you're not the only one. The guys over at Giant Bomb can't bring themselves to play the game enough so they can review it

This happens a lot more often than the reviewing industry would care to admit. I remember reading "major" reviews of ME 2 and 3 where the writer had clearly not played beyond the Intro quests.

• Options
    I've hit a few minor bugs here and there, and had 2 quests completely bug out, one of which never did fix itself even a day later. But nothing at all like I keep hearing about others having, and certainly nothing like I saw in some long "trash the game" video made up of 20 minutes of assembled clips from streamers. I dunno if I'm just crazy lucky or what. Whatever the case, I'm having a ton of fun with the game, and no regrets.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »

..... Cool.

This happens a lot more often than the reviewing industry would care to admit. I remember reading "major" reviews of ME 2 and 3 where the writer had clearly not played beyond the Intro quests.

Gerstmann’s exact quote from yesterday’s Bombcast was, “No one on staff wants to play anymore of this videogame [Fallout 76]. I’m not going to subject myself to another 20-30 hours of this [expletive] mess to just put a number on it. My number is ‘Don’t play this game’.”

It's great that people are enjoying the game but Jesus Christ, I actually winced when I read that.

Karl on
  • Options
    I've hit a few minor bugs here and there, and had 2 quests completely bug out, one of which never did fix itself even a day later. But nothing at all like I keep hearing about others having, and certainly nothing like I saw in some long "trash the game" video made up of 20 minutes of assembled clips from streamers. I dunno if I'm just crazy lucky or what. Whatever the case, I'm having a ton of fun with the game, and no regrets.

I'm happy for anyone who's getting what they wanted out of the game, it just wasn't me.

For me, I don't see that it brought anything significantly new enough to the franchise to justify suffering through all the 'features' and design choices that are making it a negative experience. I'll check in on patches and stuff occasionally and see if they make any major changes.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Whitespring Golf Course is my favorite place for now

I spend the majority of my time there messing with my CAMP, looking at other players CAMP's there and visiting all the vendors... And a certain old bunker nearby.

XCd8d2xl.png
    I'm both persons on the left here, just replace the story complaint with weight limit, which is made worse when vendors have way too few caps.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Hopefully when UI mods enable (if they do) someone will make some real basic improvements.

Like being able to sort by weight.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Bethesda really needs to add Planting Beds to CAMP options.
    Siska wrote: »
    Is there any way to tell what recipes/schematics you already know? Especially on vendors?

No.

Its dumb.

It also needs to show you the CAMP items that vendors sell, instead of showing a piece of paper and calling it shit like “Bed 2”.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I went through it with Metal Gear Survive so I can go through it with Fallout 76. Im still having fun despite the internet telling me not to!

Then again, when I was a kid I bought Superman 64 at launch. The difference though is that Superman 64 literally WAS shit all the way around and was zero fun.

'Pinions!

Zavian on
  • Options
    When I walked around as Wanted yesterday there was a guy (in T51B) following me for a bit, he just kept emoting :-1: to me, I’m guessing he did it because of my wanted status, so I was just killing mobs and looting while he emoted that for 5 minutes straight.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    When I walked around as Wanted yesterday there was a guy (in T51B) following me for a bit, he just kept emoting :-1: to me, I’m guessing he did it because of my wanted status, so I was just killing mobs and looting while he emoted that for 5 minutes straight.

I'm sure you felt very bad about it, tho.