As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I think "Overstatted 1-drop with downside" gives me a bingo!

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    If you’re playing minions on curve and you play taskmaster on 1, and then you drop a minion on 2, you’re not killing this thing.

Why would aggro want this? Aren’t they slowing themselves down if they’re playing on curve (which they always want to do)?

Whoops I’m dumb it’s a deathrattle carry on.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    I think the idea is that it's unlikely your Taskmaster dies on turn 2.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    It's an anti aggro card, just like chow was.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    It can't even kill a level up board on 5

Yeah if you're up against Odd Paladin, the question becomes: Are you second player, and did you keep your coin? Because if the answer is no to either of those questions, you're probably done.

It's not a temporary card, but a value card, as you probably don't want to play this on turn 5, but on a turn where you can manipulate the board more.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Manipulating the board typically requires you have a board (that you then blow up), but mage has no taunts or sticky minions at all and turn 7 ping + 2 damage aoe beats... actually nothing in the entire game except an odd paladin's unbuffed board. Oh and I guess priest's cloning gallery turn

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    New Druid Card (unofficial translation):

17evkw2lztz11.png?width=399&auto=webp&s=08b032c53837312088a90e898a288230da211513

Predatory Instinct
    Rare
    4 Mana Spell
    Draw a Beast from your deck.
    Double it's Health.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i wonder if they think cards like this are for beast druid?
    they're not.

this is a combo enabler of some kind...? in druid...?
    why do they do this.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i wonder if they think cards like this are for beast druid?
    they're not.

this is a combo enabler of some kind...? in druid...?
    why do they do this.

Yea it's currently "draw hadronox from your deck". Not sure that is worth 4 mana though.

It does make a pretty scary grizzly on turn 5.

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Manipulating the board typically requires you have a board (that you then blow up), but mage has no taunts or sticky minions at all and turn 7 ping + 2 damage aoe beats... actually nothing in the entire game except an odd paladin's unbuffed board. Oh and I guess priest's cloning gallery turn

We have multiple cards that deal with boardstates, and while this is definitely a combo card, it is good in keeping your hand filled. Sometimes with crap, but even 1 star cards are good if you don't have to add them to your deck.

This card has a hard time killing anything on it's own, but if combined with Blizzard or a spellbuff, it's already a lot better. I think it can be run in a controll/shotgun deck, in a draw cards kind of way, not a removal kind of way.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    New Shaman Card (Unofficial Translation):

17ab6a51.png

Haunting Vision
    Epic
    3 Mana Spell
    The next spell you cast this turn costs (3) less.
    Discover a spell.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    Far Sight and Primordial Glyph had a baby.

I imagine it will see some play but I think it will surprise people how much worse it is than Primordial Glyph.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    This will be played if any mid/control/combo Shaman is played. Far Sight is played and this is better many times.

If you have a 3+ cost spell then this is basically a free discover. You just have to put it into your deck and have enough other spells to draw them at the same time. And in the worst case you can try fishing for that healing rain you need or whatever.

Cards you can combo this with currently in standard: Lava Burst, Healing Rain, Lightning Storm, Feral Spirit, Far Sight, Bloodlust, Hex, Volcano.
    Honorable mentions: Spellstone, Stormbringer, Rain of Toads

Grobian on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Saronite Taskmaster - possibly playable in aggro decks. Will see what lists look like. I don't think control decks will run it? I don't think control decks would run Zombie Chow in standard either. It's fringe but considerable.

Predatory Instinct - I think this is just too expensive. I'm in agreement that it only really goes in Hadronox and is either a buff for a Grizzly or just a tutor for 'nox. I think 4 mana is too much for that though. As long as it's in Standard it has a chance of being run in a combo deck that wants a beast tutor, but I think Hadronox druid is not currently in that place

Haunting Vision - it's...fine, i guess? I'm trying to think if 0 mana Discover a Spell would be played (obviously this isn't quite that because a 0 mana card creates different combo and synergy options but). I guess it probably just goes in? It's not very exciting but it's a working man's card.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I don't see how this is better than Far Sight. Far Sight gets you closer to Shudderwock pieces and if you get lucky on hitting Zola/Grumble/Shudder you can greatly increase your combo consistency. This doesn't discount minions and doesn't draw from your deck.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    I'm actually happy it does not help Shudderwock, but it does give other controll decks more things to work with.

See my profile here!
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    New Priest Minion!
    636784856597121078.png
    Princess Talanji
    Legendary
    8 Mana
    7/5
    Battlecry: Summon all minions from your hand that didn't start in your deck.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Wow! They printed an 8 mana do something.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    That's actually very surprising to me, I had pegged Talanji as the character who would be this set's hero card. So it's either Druid, Hunter (Zul'jin, from Warcraft lore), or Rogue.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    First thing I can think of is a Rogue getting the Princess as one of their 20 or so 1 cost cards, and being like: "Oh okay sure."

• Options
    I hope Rogue gets Zul'jin. Rogue needs a new Hero card.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I hope Rogue gets Zul'jin. Rogue needs a new Hero card.

The rogue troll champion is a pirate with hook tusks. They've released all the art for them already. Hunters have Zul'jin.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Theyve said at Blizzcon that Zul'jin is the Hunter Hero card this set.

• Options
    But did they check with me on that?!?!?

• Options
    Anyway we're seeing the Druid troll leggo on Saturday, rogue on Sunday, and Hunter on early early Tuesday morning

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they'll do a big set of hero cards again when knights rotates? Or maybe they'll start releasing 3 hero cards per set to maintain a decent slate of hero cards?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    New Neutral Minion
    koA9bgI.png
    (image screencapped from video)
    Murloc Tastyfin
    Rare
    4 Mana
    3/2
    Deathrattle: Draw 2 Murlocs from your deck.
    (Murloc)

• Options
    That seems... bad

• Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Yilias wrote: »
    I don't see how this is better than Far Sight. Far Sight gets you closer to Shudderwock pieces and if you get lucky on hitting Zola/Grumble/Shudder you can greatly increase your combo consistency. This doesn't discount minions and doesn't draw from your deck.

Far Sight discounts a random card, meaning the discount can be useless, and you have no way of controlling that. The best you can do is not have many low cost cards in your deck, but that's probably a more significant downside than sometimes rolling low. With 3+ cost spells in your deck, you can play Haunting Vision so that you always break even on mana, and frequently break even without any other spells in your hand.

Discovering a spell is way better than a random spell and can at times be better than any card in your deck, let alone a random one; hello third hex, clutch earth shock, board clear when you need it, burn or bloodlust or windfury for lethal.

It serves a significantly different purpose than Far Sight, trading utility and consistency in mana discount for combo potential and real draw. Slightly better when fatigue is relevant.

Compared to Primordial Glyph... it's slightly easier to avoid losing tempo on the turn you play it, but never grants tempo on subsequent turns, is harder to weave in, and probably has a worse set of spells to choose from. Still seems strong to me.

Tarantio on
  • Options
    Most murlocs are!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    That seems... bad

It's Elven Minstrel but for Murlocs, I don't see how it could be bad unless Murlocs are bad. It's the exact same effect exact same stats, but Murlocs only instead of any minion (Deathrattle instead of Combo, too).

I'd say Murloc Paladin would want it maybe but then I remembered they have Divine Favor? Hm.

I don't think it's bad though, I can't see how a Murloc Minstrel is bad.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    the funny thing is that the successful murloc decks are successful because they're just using the broken class draw mechanics so they're not hurting for draw

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    That seems... bad

It's Elven Minstrel but for Murlocs, I don't see how it could be bad unless Murlocs are bad. It's the exact same effect exact same stats, but Murlocs only instead of any minion (Deathrattle instead of Combo, too).

I'd say Murloc Paladin would want it maybe but then I remembered they have Divine Favor? Hm.

off the top of my head, slower activation, vulnerable to silence (though I guess if an opponent wants to spend a silence on this that's a win?).

also I think Murlocs largely *are* bad, and the question is whether the tribe synergy balances that you're probably pulling worse minions than Minstrel would be?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I've spent the week clearing up the Heroic mode adventures.

Black Rock Mountain, Naxxramas, League of Explorers, all done. I already had Karazhan, and all of the newer stuff done, so I've now cleared all single player content and gotten all rewards.

Rumble can't get here soon enough.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    New Priest Minion!
    636784856597121078.png
    Princess Talanji
    Legendary
    8 Mana
    7/5
    Battlecry: Summon all minions from your hand that didn't start in your deck.

good to know they're finally printing the first custom card every priest player made

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I can't help but read haunting vision as if prep read "discover a spell" instead of a discount

it's not exactly like that, but seems more on the nose than prim glyph comparisons

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    You ready to meme it up with Rogue?!

Step 1: Get the following cards into your hand: Prep, Walk the Plank, Myra's Unstable Portal, Galvanizer, Mecha'Thun
    Step 2: Play Galvanizer to discount Mecha'Thun
    Step 3: Myra your deck away
    Step 4: Empty your hand of everything but Prep, WtP, and Mecha'Thun
    Step 5: At 10 mana, play Mecha'Thun (9), Prep, WtP (1)

Fill your deck with card draw, survivability, and removal. Don't forget to pray to the RNG gods! Real talk though, this feels like a more reliable version of Maly Rogue which I got some wins with. Not super consistent, but much easier to assemble the combo.

Here's a memetastic first take on your dream:

ul4pd9hz62ia.png

Card Notes

WANTED! gives you an alternate way of discounting Mecha'Thun via the Coin if you haven't drawn Galvanizer.
    Elven Minstrels virtually guarantee getting the minions you need, since there are only 4 in your deck.
    You can't activate your Mecha'Thun with Necrium Blade and win, since Mecha'Thun is still on board.
    The rest of the deck is card draw or removal. No healing though so be a bit careful with that life total.

NOW GET OUT THERE ON DECEMBER 4TH AND DON'T LET YOUR MEMES BE DREAMS!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    That seems... bad

Ice Fishing has never seen play. You think tacking a Puddlestomper on will get it there?

Not to mention that we're losing Hydrologist, Primalfin Totem, Rockpool Hunter, and Gentle Megasaur soon.

There was 0 Murloc support in Boom's Lab, and the Murlocs we got from Witchwood were Nightmare Amalgam and... Ghost Light Angler.

That's no good!

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    A 3/2 do nothing murloc seems like a bad turn 4 play for an aggro deck (i.e., any murloc deck). If you topdeck it later on, the delayed draw doesn't help you get any tempo this turn.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    That seems... bad

Ice Fishing has never seen play. You think tacking a Puddlestomper on will get it there?

Not to mention that we're losing Hydrologist, Primalfin Totem, Rockpool Hunter, and Gentle Megasaur soon.

There was 0 Murloc support in Boom's Lab, and the Murlocs we got from Witchwood were Nightmare Amalgam and... Ghost Light Angler.

That's no good!

Ice Fishing was a 2 mana spell in Shaman, a class that didn't play or support Murlocs. This is literally Elven Minstel for Murlocs but Deathrattle instead of Combo. Elven Minstrel is anything but bad.

You're also mentioning cards rotating when the rotation isn't til April. We're looking at a card meant for this current set, this current year, the rotation has no bearing on it right now, it's irrelevant.

Look, I'm not saying this card is necessarily going to see play, but I am saying it's not a bad card. It's fuckin' Elven Minstrel. 4 mana 3/2 draw 2 (relevant tribal) minions. And unlike Minstrel, doesn't need to be combo'd out. You can play this on 4!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582