As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of the arts

DMR once asked Veldrin to draw me an avatar and it was capital P sweet

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Art is good!

I also like physical objects but I also used to eat breakfast cereal without milk so what do I know

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Art is great but yeah, physical art definitely

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Howdy folks!

Generic Imp Question!

How do people feel about artwork as gifts?

If you'd like artwork, would you like physical or digital formats?

And should it totally be a photo/drawing/animation of Chidi Anangonye shirtless (I'm catching up on The Good Place).

! !!!

Not that I'd like that, I'm jsut saying, you know, as a servant of Satan that these are IMPORTANT questions that should be answered.

You know how when you watch a show or something for like 7 hours straight you start to think and process in the voice and mannerisms of a character? Totally doing that now.

Ok. Gonna go now.

But that was a real question! you should totally let me know! Do y'all like the arts?

I love art, although my massive critical problem is that I have a literal stack of artworks needing to be framed right now (and several other pieces still in tubes).

I do lean more toward physical art, but if it's something that requires framing and hanging, then bear in mind that it will be joining a literal stack of art I already own that requires framing and hanging.

I will add that I don't lean super toward pop culture art unless it's in an obscure/referential form. So like rather than just a movie poster for Ghostbusters, I'd hang a blueprint for a proton pack or something.

Maybe we should just make a simultaneous "show me your house decorations" thread.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Art is rad. Just knowing someone put a lot of time and care into making something is really special, especially now that I'm older and more readily recognize the value of time.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I like art. Especially art that someone i know made.

But not shirtless Chidi. I think it would just make me feel inadequate having him on my wall everyday.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i really like art

i'm a bit sad that it'd be a bit hard comissioning my younger brother to make some ceramic stuff, because he makes some absolutely beautiful bowls and plates and whatnot

but he doesn't quite have his own studio or anything at the moment so it's a bit difficult

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Oh gosh yeah

I love ceramics and pottery but they're so delicate to ship, too...

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    my brother has mostly gotten his stuff around the world by very carefully wrapping it and then putting it in his carryone luggage as he goes there himself

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Art is awesome

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    I love art but I have already basically filled my walls with as much of it as will still look tasteful and it will still end with me leaving some nice framed stuff at my parents' place, so it can only really work for me if it's fairly small

But physical art to throw onto a bookcase (e.g. sculpture) or practical pieces (e.g. things to keep me from freezing to death) or ridiculous electrical contraptions, I can still make room for

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Howdy folks!

Generic Imp Question!

How do people feel about artwork as gifts?

If you'd like artwork, would you like physical or digital formats?

And should it totally be a photo/drawing/animation of Chidi Anangonye shirtless (I'm catching up on The Good Place).

! !!!

Not that I'd like that, I'm jsut saying, you know, as a servant of Satan that these are IMPORTANT questions that should be answered.

You know how when you watch a show or something for like 7 hours straight you start to think and process in the voice and mannerisms of a character? Totally doing that now.

Ok. Gonna go now.

But that was a real question! you should totally let me know! Do y'all like the arts?

Art is good, but I'd have to go with digital unless it's a sticker or a wearable thing? I don't have any space at the moment for physical art in other forms due to a complicated to explain living situation.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Sure Art's pretty cool I guess.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I also have too much art for my walls but fuck that, I'll just get bigger walls.

Ceramics and things are also awesome though.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I love art! Like my letter said, I like to experience a piece of my gifter's joy, and art is often a component of that.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Physical art is good, as others have said, because it’s a conversation piece for visitors to the home.

The best digital art would be something like a new avatar/signature... or a wallpaper I can use on my computer (especially work computer, so when I hook up to display during a meeting I can coyly go “oh this, yeah, that IS a good picture ;)” )

Perrsun on
  • N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I'm a fan of the various arts. Physical art is great. I get that digital art is easier to get to people and let people print it the size that works or whatever, but I do like physical art. personally, the one drawback is that my house is...strongly colored. haha. So People should generally be aware that an impish inquiry in to colors might be helpful, though I do have a good room for arts with grey walls.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Art rocks. Physical art definitely the way and the light for me, but mainly sculpted or practical stuff I can wear or put on desks/bookshelves, walls are a bit full. :)

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    I also love art. If it's physical, then it should be office-friendly, because our apartment walls are pretty much full already.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I love art but my wife has pretty tough tastes and my office that I keep "my" stuff in is pretty full.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    My minions have been set about their business, and my Satanee should see the fruits of their dark labours in one week's time

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I like art, vastly prefer physical art, and have no place to put even myself right now so on its own it's not really practical. As far as art goes, one thing will always be useful to me is containment, like boxes or bags. I use a lot of them all the time, it's nice when they're pretty. If my satan happens to be an artist who likes to sew, paint, or sculpt, that would be the place to start. Or plushes, if you knit or crochet I guess. I like them and I have young kids who like them. My little girl likes to put stuffed toys down for a nap and tuck them in. She also loves pretty dresses, omg. She is 300% more likely to keep clothing on if it's a pretty dress.

As much as I like digital art, it tends to get lost in the ether for me.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Oh my, I have delivery confirmations... most excellent.

Okay who here hates art

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Well that settles it, my satan’s last gift is going to be art

You’ll be sorry, you’ll all be sorry! Ahahhahahaa!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    All these fans of physical art bout to get some fancy ass socks

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Socks are my favorite kind of art.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I like socks

In the land of the no footed man, socks are king.

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Well well well, it appears I have some packages waiting for me from Amazon and I don’t remember ordering anything recently...

I will report back with my findings.

Wow,

A huge thank you to @Blackhawk1313
    I opened the package to find many goodies.
    The Hyrule Historia
    A Blu-Ray copy of My Neighbor Totoro
    The Tomb of Annihilation rulebook for D&D
    A gargantuan red dragon figure (unpainted), also for D&D.
    A 3-way HDMI connector
    A large plush Luigi
    A copy of the latest book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series
    A handheld retro game system
    The Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition for PS4
    And the Spiro Ignited Trilogy, also for PS4.

A few of these items were listed on the wish list for my 2 sons, who were amazed to see these items. Thank you very much Blackhawk, you were very generous and my family would all like to sincerely thank you.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hey who's doing chains?

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I think we aren't this year? People were figuring out who their Satan was, and it ruined it for some people. . . I think? I could be completely wrong, however.

EDIT: Oh wait, I may have misunderstood. People were figuring out who their anonymous Satan was through the chains.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited November 2018
    Marathon wrote: »
    Wow,

A huge thank you to @Blackhawk1313
    I opened the package to find many goodies.
    The Hyrule Historia
    A Blu-Ray copy of My Neighbor Totoro
    The Tomb of Annihilation rulebook for D&D
    A gargantuan red dragon figure (unpainted), also for D&D.
    A 3-way HDMI connector
    A large plush Luigi
    A copy of the latest book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series
    A handheld retro game system
    The Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition for PS4
    And the Spiro Ignited Trilogy, also for PS4.

A few of these items were listed on the wish list for my 2 sons, who were amazed to see these items. Thank you very much Blackhawk, you were very generous and my family would all like to sincerely thank you.

@Marathon You are very welcome! I hope you don’t mind the gifts for the kids, I saw their were additional lists there, I hope what I got from them is acceptable for them, wanted to make sure they were included in the gifting though.

EDIT:
    I’ll have you know though you thwarted my original plan, which was to include the Spider-Man PS4 bundle but I was too slow on the draw lol.

Blackhawk1313 on
    I don’t mind the gifts for the kids at all, seeing them get excited is an added bonus. Especially since they were both holding the books from their wish lists today and I had them put them back because “Christmas will be here soon”. So we all got quite a surprise when we opened the box.

I’m glad I got to the PS4 bundle before you did, you were more than generous enough. Cheers, and thanks again.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I thought we were still doing chains, that's traditional, we just aren't going to get the reveal of everything at the end. So you can have ? > Goose! And it'll stay ? If my Satan decides to stay anonymous.

Right?

I'm gonna do the first set of chains if people don't mind

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I thought we were still doing chains, that's traditional, we just aren't going to get the reveal of everything at the end. So you can have ? > Goose! And it'll stay ? If my Satan decides to stay anonymous.

Right?

That makes sense

If someone can figure out who you are based off that, not really the biggest deal

? -> Ceres
    ? -> Lalabox
    ? -> JayKaos
    Xaquin -> Bucketman
    Blackhawk1313 -> Marathon