As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    What the hell is a legendary potion?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Also, Sunwuko stuff just does not want to drop for me at all. I’ve only gotten two pieces so far, both from Kadala, and I’ve spent many thousands of shards. Never had one drop in the world.

I’d have to take proper accounting but I think I have like 3 full sets of Inna’s, Uliana’s, and Raiment at this point, or close to it. And a bunch of stuff from other sets.

Of course the one set I want just won’t damn well drop.

I still need an incense torch and Unity, too. And Tzo Krin’s Gaze or whatever.

Raiment build is OK but I really like Wave of Light and want to get back to using that.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Which two do you have and which are you trying to get?

Shoulders pants and gloves should be easiest to get from her, chests are usually harder and amulet isn’t worth it at all ever. Kadala splits monk helms with spirit stones 50/50, so it’s worthwhile only for as long as you still need Gaze.

Save any SWK helm, or duplicate items, and use the cube’s convert set item recipe to get the amulet.

If you get the full set and just need gaze, consider upgrading rare spirit stones.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I'd love it if they got rid of the stat ranges on the legendary potions and just made them work like cubed items with a UI for selecting which potion you want down on the potion slot. Once you loot a legendary potion in a season, you'd have that potion unlocked for all your characters and can switch between them freely (say, in town).

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Seeing as they've announced Season of RoRG for next season, I propose the season after that is "Season of the Cube" and you can have multiple powers of the same type running, ie 3x weapon power, 1 weap and 2 armors. :D

@Drez - Legendary potions are drops that you replace your normal potion with, they have one of the following powers:
    • randomly teleport once upon drinking it
    • for 5 secs after consuming increased healing via skills
    • heal, and then a heal over time applied as well
    • armor increased for 5 secs after drinking

There's others, but you get the idea.

Man, now I'm going to be forced to move all my gems after every rift to my stash now that they're removing keys and potions from inventory. I used to have a system people!!!

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    The best Legendary Potion is of course Kulle-Aid.

@Klatu Thanks

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    The best Legendary Potion is of course Kulle-Aid.

oh yeah!

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    Noggin wrote: »
    Which two do you have and which are you trying to get?

Shoulders pants and gloves should be easiest to get from her, chests are usually harder and amulet isn’t worth it at all ever. Kadala splits monk helms with spirit stones 50/50, so it’s worthwhile only for as long as you still need Gaze.

Save any SWK helm, or duplicate items, and use the cube’s convert set item recipe to get the amulet.

If you get the full set and just need gaze, consider upgrading rare spirit stones.

@Noggin, sorry I missed this post somehow.

As of now I’ve gotten Chest, Amulet, and Gloves. I think I got the chest from Kadala and the other two from drops but I honestly don’t remember anymore. I’m focusing on pants now. Cannot get them to drop.

I finally got a Tzo Kzin’s Gaze or whatever it’s called and the Kyoshiro’s fist weapon. I have Convention of Elements or whatever and I’ve extracted Grandeur and Cindercoat.

Basically, I still need:

Vengeful Wind
    Unity
    Incense Torch
    Sunwuko Pants
    Sunwuko Shoulders
    And maybe Kyoshiro’s belt or at least some other decent belt

I also have Zei’s, Powerful, and Trapped all at 25. I have Stricken at 25 too, but my highest GRift is 39 so I really don’t need Stricken for a while.

I will say that my Raiment build has grown on me but I still find it a bit irritating to play. I’m looking forward to getting back to Wave of Light.

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    *snip*

Basically, I still need:

Vengeful Wind
    Unity
    Incense Torch
    Sunwuko Pants
    Sunwuko Shoulders

And maybe Kyoshiro’s belt or at least some other decent belt

I also have Zei’s, Powerful, and Trapped all at 25. I have Stricken at 25 too, but my highest GRift is 39 so I really don’t need Stricken for a while.

I will say that my Raiment build has grown on me but I still find it a bit irritating to play. I’m looking forward to getting back to Wave of Light.

Get the bolded 2 from Kadala, it's painful, but keep trying, you'll get there eventually, she can't hold out on you forever. After you've gotten the pants/shoulders, get the belt from Kadala too, but only get it after the other 2.

The rest you want to use deaths breath to upgrade yellows and try for. If you get lucky and Kadala stops holding out on you, maybe try for the ring from her as well, but only if you're desperate.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Agreed with Klatu, and I’d recommend for the DB upgrades to go for the torch first, then vengeful, and unity last.

Torch is more common, more damage, and also reduces the casting cost. Extract it to the cube’s weapon slot.

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • MorranMorran Registered User regular
    If i play a seasonal character, and play in adventure mode; what am I supposed to do once i clear all bounties in all acts? Just quit the game to reset the bounties, or are there some kind of post-bounty thing to do?

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Have you dipped into rifts yet?

Yes. I'm also not sure what the long term goal are for those. I pop into one, kill things, boss comes out and dies.

What do i need to unlock higher level rifts?

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    The regular rift bosses drop keys for greater rifts, just completing the rifts in time will unlock the higher difficulty. Regular rifts are based on the difficulty of the current game.

edited November 2018
    I believe Greater Rifts unlock two ways: If you complete a normal Nephalim Rift on a certain Torment level, it unlocks up to the first GR level rift for that difficulty (i.e. if you complete a normal rift while in Torment 8, it will unlock Greater Rift level 35 for you even if you've never done a Greater Rift before). Or you can just do Greater Rifts at whatever your max Greater Rift level is, and each success will unlock the next level up.

Drez on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i fully respec tthis dudes cloak and vibe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pep2QaHORBQ

obF2Wuw.png
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I think I like the switch/console UI better than the PC one. How did that happen? Everything I know is wrong.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So.... this is pretty easy. Is that expected? I'm playing my first character, level 30-something in mid/early Act 2. Everything is dying in a couple seconds to my spells, except the bigger things which take longer. But they still aren't threatening. I can't pump the difficulty up any higher until I get to level 60 or 70 or something like that.

And, as a mage, there's basically no point in the Signature spells I'm seeing. I just laser everyone to death quickly, occasionally freezing them if I need to. Using my normal spell attack is pointless as it's both slow and weak. And "Arcane Energy" is so plentiful it's not like I'm ever running out....

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    So.... this is pretty easy. Is that expected? I'm playing my first character, level 30-something in mid/early Act 2. Everything is dying in a couple seconds to my spells, except the bigger things which take longer. But they still aren't threatening. I can't pump the difficulty up any higher until I get to level 60 or 70 or something like that.

And, as a mage, there's basically no point in the Signature spells I'm seeing. I just laser everyone to death quickly, occasionally freezing them if I need to. Using my normal spell attack is pointless as it's both slow and weak. And "Arcane Energy" is so plentiful it's not like I'm ever running out....

Starting out is easy, yes. The challenge comes in higher difficulty levels.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018

If it is too easy, leave the game and bump up the difficulty and get more gold/items.

If it is too hard, drop the difficulty (you don't need to leave)

Until you are 70 you are going to be changing difficulty a lot as you get great gear and then quickly outlevel it.

edit: I should read more carefully. If you can't go higher, you should just level as fast as you can. Get the fattest XP gem in your hat you can.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    I thought you could go into the lower Torments before max level, which are definitely not "easy" for anyone doing a standard leveling experience. Only an uber-twinked character would be able to breeze through the Torments.

Of course that's all on PC. Is the console version that limited?

edited November 2018

If it is too easy, leave the game and bump up the difficulty and get more gold/items.

If it is too hard, drop the difficulty (you don't need to leave)

Until you are 70 you are going to be changing difficulty a lot as you get great gear and then quickly outlevel it.

edit: I should read more carefully. If you can't go higher, you should just level as fast as you can. Get the fattest XP gem in your hat you can.

My RPG hording habits are causing me to not want to use any gems. What if I need them later!? Should I be worried about that?

Yeah I was expecting to have to manage the difficulty as I progressed, but it seems like I'm just constantly outpacing the enemies without much effort. I'm sure that'll change at 70, just woulda been nice to have it for any part of the story of the game haha
    I thought you could go into the lower Torments before max level, which are definitely not "easy" for anyone doing a standard leveling experience. Only an uber-twinked character would be able to breeze through the Torments.

Pretty sure in-game it told me I couldn't. And just checked the wiki, it also says you have to have at least one level 60 character. So like, your second one could go to Torment whenever, but not your first.

kime on
    Steam profile
    You can always pop the gem back out. IIRC really nice gems may require a fee to remove, but leveling gems are free. You'll want to do this so you can keep combining them into bigger and bigger gems (limited by gold and gem availability)

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Removing gems was made a free service at the same time as they introduced the wardrobe feature, which lets you save gear sets and then switch between them; this is because you might have gear sets that overlap in items but not gems, or vice versa, and they didn't want you to have to pay a fee to switch between gear sets. Money becomes meaningless at a certain point, so it's not like the fee for removing gems was really a meaningful barrier/money sink.

Also, @kime, be aware that as soon as you hit level 61 and the grown-up gems start dropping, you are going to throw the gems you'd been getting until then in the garbage, you're not even going to want to sell them or combine them into the higher-tier gems - you're just gonna be like "Ugh, these are gross - like how slime is gross - and I want to scoop them out of my inventory and just throw them away". So, don't worry about using gems while you're leveling. Put the biggest emerald you have in your weapon, put the biggest ruby you have in your helmet, but while you're leveling you probably don't really need to worry about using gems, not using gems, optimizing stats, any of that. You'll do plenty of it when you hit 70.

Just, in general, resources become fairly easy to come by at a certain point. If you ever run out of a resource, the fix is always just "Oh, just play a little bit more", so don't be afraid to greedily suck up and heavily use all the resources.

Uh, #capitalism I guess.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I might suggest that, at lower levels, putting a fat ruby in the weapon may be more effective than an emerald. At least until you start getting increased chances to crit or boosts to your attack rate.
    While the boost to crit damage is nice once you can assure that you're getting lots of crits, having the boost to all damage is nice at lower levels.

Delduwath wrote: »
    Also, @kime, be aware that as soon as you hit level 61 and the grown-up gems start dropping, you are going to throw the gems you'd been getting until then in the garbage, you're not even going to want to sell them or combine them into the higher-tier gems - you're just gonna be like "Ugh, these are gross - like how slime is gross - and I want to scoop them out of my inventory and just throw them away". So, don't worry about using gems while you're leveling. Put the biggest emerald you have in your weapon, put the biggest ruby you have in your helmet, but while you're leveling you probably don't really need to worry about using gems, not using gems, optimizing stats, any of that. You'll do plenty of it when you hit 70.

Just, in general, resources become fairly easy to come by at a certain point. If you ever run out of a resource, the fix is always just "Oh, just play a little bit more", so don't be afraid to greedily suck up and heavily use all the resources.

Uh, #capitalism I guess.

I tend to keep them around for my next alt. But yes at a certain point the smaller gems are just wasted space until you roll an alt.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Put your best ruby in your helm for an exp boost

see317 wrote: »
    I might suggest that, at lower levels, putting a fat ruby in the weapon may be more effective than an emerald. At least until you start getting increased chances to crit or boosts to your attack rate.
    While the boost to crit damage is nice once you can assure that you're getting lots of crits, having the boost to all damage is nice at lower levels.
    Oh, that's a very good point. Yes, ignore me, follow this advice instead.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    wrong thread whoops

Dehumanized on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Mosh'ogg Enforcer
    neutral minion
    8 mana
    2/14
    Taunt, Divine Shield

Diablo 4 is a HEARTHSTONE EXPANSION?!

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    crossed the streams, woops

Slap in the face, etc.

Out of season Hearthstone expansion.

Pretty sure in-game it told me I couldn't. And just checked the wiki, it also says you have to have at least one level 60 character. So like, your second one could go to Torment whenever, but not your first.
    Out of curiosity what level are you playing on? Can you at least go up to Master difficulty?

• TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

Uh, #capitalism I guess.

I tend to keep them around for my next alt. But yes at a certain point the smaller gems are just wasted space until you roll an alt.

Gems don't have level requirements.

Lower level gems are entirely purposeless the moment one of your characters hits 61, and remain so until the next season begins.

Out of curiosity what level are you playing on? Can you at least go up to Master difficulty?

I am, yeah. I think so? Whatever the hardest available one is, right before Torment

Steam profile

Yea, as pointed out above, the game is really easy while leveling your first character.

Once you played through the story once, i really recommend switching to adventure mode with seasonal characters. Leveling is much faster, and the seasonal goals give you an incitament to ramp up the challenge/difficulty.

Regarding energy usage as Wizard: depends on which skills you use. I have a build with the death ray and a bunch of passive skills. Almost never run out of energy, but i would do that a lot when using the orb thingy.

• BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    So, finally got my switch last night, and after a two hour download (jesus nintendo!) I finally got to play some. I like the UI, though my old ass can't see/read half of it on my TV (and I'm not that far away!). The inventory system is wonky but makes sense for the platform.

Sorta fun starting over brand new though!

96058.png?1619393207
This discussion has been closed.