As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join us in thread and [Steam] group chat!

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I have a lot of games that came in bundles that are probably good games but are so not optimized for current hardware that it’s just never going to work until I have the time to build a retro box for that specific purpose.

Edit: uh oh

davidsdurions on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Wallpaper Engine isn’t even on sale at that price? Wow, that really is good.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    78371561.jpg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I notice that Wallpaper Engine is finally out of Early Access. That thing's a bargain for the money.

Finally I have the animated 80's retro neon sunset wallpaper of my dreams

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I notice that Wallpaper Engine is finally out of Early Access. That thing's a bargain for the money.

Oh.

Oh my.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I have a lot of games that came in bundles that are probably good games but are so not optimized for current hardware that it’s just never going to work until I have the time to build a retro box for that specific purpose.

Edit: uh oh
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    78371561.jpg

lLo2oiZ.png

Dear @MNC Dover,

You are a monster of the depths that few have plumbed. Paybacks will be of the mutually destructive kind.

Also, thanks!

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    From the old thread:
    You can make any armor or weapon item look like any other armor or weapon item (of the same type) that you've ever found, at any time, for free, as often as you want, on the fly.

Pretty princess dress up galore!

That's bloody awesome. More games need that.

So weapon A is really awesome statwise, and weapon B is really cool looking, but worries stats, I can make A look like B?

That's pretty legit.

Even better:

"Way back when I was level 3, I once found a sweet-looking spear, but ditched it for one with better stats. But I can still use that same skin forever and ever on any spear I ever find."

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    -Loki- wrote: »

Oh.

Oh my.

Oh look! I still have Steam Wallet monies!

Edit: also Corsair's uh...lighting... app... program (hey, I'm almost 41 and have 2 kids under 10) works with Wallpaper Engine!

Edit 2: See here! https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/9vccwv/_/

Mugsley on
    EvmaAlsar wrote: »

Finally I have the animated 80's retro neon sunset wallpaper of my dreams

Related to this, I now have possession of a copy of Far Cry: Blood Dragon

Triple post!

How did I not know this was a thing?

https://youtu.be/qSGcegIYydc

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Started playing The Messenger and I'm enjoying it a lot! I've already had the "twist" spoiled for me weeks ago, although I haven't made it to that part yet. The music's great, the writing's fun, and the controls feel tight. No complaints!

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Another bunch of hours spent in Conan Exiles, another failure to actually advance significantly. On the other hand, I do at least have a cool new helmet.

91xjtxqz1ig8.jpg

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I ended up getting The New Colossus because 70% off is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

Shooting Nazis in the face will never get old.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I ended up getting The New Colossus because 70% off is the cheapest I've ever seen it.

The New Colossus is great because you can't say to someone, "hey, did you get to that part yet?" because there are a few of those.

The game itself didn't feel as good as The New Order, unfortunately, but it was serviceable.

SteevL wrote: »

The New Colossus is great because you can't say to someone, "hey, did you get to that part yet?" because there are a few of those.

The game itself didn't feel as good as The New Order, unfortunately, but it was serviceable.

At the very least it doesn't turn my laptop into a space heater like TNO did, which means it'll get played more.

SteevL wrote: »
    Started playing The Messenger and I'm enjoying it a lot! I've already had the "twist" spoiled for me weeks ago, although I haven't made it to that part yet. The music's great, the writing's fun, and the controls feel tight. No complaints!

It was in you all along!

The phone calls ninjas are coming from inside the house!

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Distraint Completed. Another off the backlog.

camo_sig.png
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Oh man, 36 hours in Nioh and on a lark I tried out a ninja and mage build. The ninja was alright, but the mage.

Now I'm lighting my sword on fire, causing my enemies to move in slow motion and hurling more than deadly insults!

While I still enjoy Soulsborne setting and the huge interlocking level design more, Nioh is eating their lunch when it comes to combat and mechanics IMO.

Karoz on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I was wrong about Concrete Jungle. I only had 2 boxes available. Now I've been playing for a bit and I still have 3 to go. I'm sure as I complete these more will open up, too. I thought since I was on "Hard" levels that I was near the end. I was a fool.

camo_sig2.png
  • SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    I got Battle Brothers yesterday and it's real good. It scratched the Mount and Blade itch a bit with the managing of the company and stuff. It's X-COM hard though, it is totally happy to let you throw your under-prepared merc company into an unwinnable battle that ends up forcing you to start over. Save often. I think I had to start over 3 times before I finally survived more than one battle.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    New thread needs more cat.

I honestly think picking up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey was one of my wisest purchases this year. I'm finally hitting my second area after six hours and change and I'm still in love with it.

I'm at the point where I've left the starting island after having pretty much explored it down to the bare bones, and I'm just getting started in the second area. I'm hoping not to lock myself into a faction just yet- I want to meet the Athenians and everyone else before I figure out just who I want to help run Greece. I'm having to help the Spartans with this one- am I going to get the chance to work for anyone else?

Though it is nice just exploring and cleaning out areas and then realizing since I already had to deal with all the enemies, any quests in the area are pretty much just in-and-out simple things. I'm specializing in spears at the moment, but I'm also just enjoying killing off idiots with assassinations from hiding- hey, anything that outright removes me from having to toe-to-toe these guys is nice!

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    As far as I know, you don't commit to either Sparta or Athens (at least, I haven't yet, and I'm 65 hours into the game). You're a mercenary. You kill both sides with equal pleasure.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Smurph wrote: »
    I got Battle Brothers yesterday and it's real good. It scratched the Mount and Blade itch a bit with the managing of the company and stuff. It's X-COM hard though, it is totally happy to let you throw your under-prepared merc company into an unwinnable battle that ends up forcing you to start over. Save often. I think I had to start over 3 times before I finally survived more than one battle.

Battle Brothers has definitely taken the place of the old M&B/Pirates type game for me (at least until M&B2 ever decides to release). It's got that vibe of building a team slowly, a variety of different builds (heavy armor is NOT always the answer), a variety of different enemies with different tactics (oh, just a few wolf things... wait, did they just swallow one of my dudes.... in one attack?!), and the right vibe of mission-based but open ended gameplay. Good writing as well.

Its one I go back to every few months to scratch an itch, especially when it's cold.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Got a BSOD with Wall Paper Engine having one default applied, subscribing to another then trying to go back to the installed tab.

Hopefully not a thing that'll repeat and gets fixed.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I not participating in this sale due to funeral expenses.

I was a majestic speaker

I tried to gift someone a code and was hit with a riposte of tomb raider go.

Need to finish hitman go.

These games are the shit

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Actually didn't pick up anything from Steam partially due to recently picking up Holy Fury for CK2.

I did however pick up two Sims 4 expansions on sale to round out my set of each big expansion but the latest.

The sim I made befriended and adopted a stray cat named Mayor Whiskers who comes pregenerated with a top hat and vest. With the addition of a first person camera mode recently, I can pet Mayor Whiskers in first person.

I have also discovered that the Seasons pack added some less traditional holidays in addition to analogues for Valentine's day, Christmas, etc. One of them was the Neighborhood Brawl which happened to fall on the same day as the Love Festival from City Living. This led to my sim taking a woman on a date and her attempting to beat the crap out of him to commemorate the holiday. It took some time for them to get back into the mood afterwards.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    Oh that reminds me, gotta check the Sims 4 vampires DLC...common still $16? You have a fraction of the stuff you had in the Sims 3 Vampires and I got that for $10!

*grumble grumble*

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Oh that reminds me, gotta check the Sims 4 vampires DLC...common still $16? You have a fraction of the stuff you had in the Sims 3 Vampires and I got that for $10!

*grumble grumble*

EA DLC gonna EA DLC.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

*grumble grumble*

There were some better deals on the game packs than what Origin was offering but I think those deals ended already. That said, if you got either Late Night or Supernatural for $10, you got them a lot longer after release compared to the time between the Sims 4 pack's release and now.

There's a lot more that went into 4's version of vampires than 3 or 2's though. Choosing your specific powers and additional weaknesses as you climb ranks makes it a much more fleshed out experience. Mine has to feed more often than baseline vampires so a lot of his chosen powers set up opportunities to feed. Draining a victim's bladder need to make them head to a public restroom, magically locking them inside so no witnesses pop in, and then ambushing them is a common nightly ritual.

It really does a good job of making a sim feel like a vampire trying to blend in and not just a superhero with fangs.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I was wrong about Concrete Jungle. I only had 2 boxes available. Now I've been playing for a bit and I still have 3 to go. I'm sure as I complete these more will open up, too. I thought since I was on "Hard" levels that I was near the end. I was a fool.

Oh, you're just starting the very hard levels? IMO there's not much that distinguishes them in terms of difficulty (read: they're still bloody tough nuts to crack). Have you gotten to the Prison/Industry woman yet? Getting past that is probably the biggest hurdle of the game

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2018
    As well as Wolfenstein 2 I also grabbed Natural Disasters for Skylines. I was finding the game a bit too easy and wanted some challenge.

While plopping down new emergency services in strategic locations in my city, I looked around to see where I could expand.

Looking towards the coast, I thought ‘there was no hill there before. It’s shiny? It’s not raini.... oh fuck.

And the tsunami casually rolled over the top of my city.

-Loki- on
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    So I pocked up the shadowrun games on sale, is there a newb resource anywhere to get my head around what’s going on with the classes and system? Its far enough away from traditional fighter/mage/priest/etc that I am having a hard time getting my bearings.

As well as Wolfenstein 2 I also grabbed Natural Disasters for Skylines. I was finding the game a bit too easy and wanted some challenge.

While plopping down new emergency services in strategic locations in my city, I looked around to see where I could expand.

Looking towards the coast, I thought ‘there was no hill there before. It’s shiny? It’s not raini.... oh fuck.

And the tsunami casually rolled over the top of my city.

b804b97bb638c18f8a4d198b67b85d87198862d0fd15e27f8d0e72d9336339a5.jpg

So I pocked up the shadowrun games on sale, is there a newb resource anywhere to get my head around what’s going on with the classes and system? Its far enough away from traditional fighter/mage/priest/etc that I am having a hard time getting my bearings.

I, too, would like this information.

• shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Thanks to everyone who stopped by during my 24-hour stream. Big thanks especially to @akajaybay who decided to blow up my fundraising goal!

And now, some sleep.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

@Jacobkosh

You are summoned for Shadowrun lowdowns

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Mugsley wrote: »

@Jacobkosh

You are summoned for Shadowrun lowdowns

@Mugsley here's my quickie guide to the game systems!
    WHAT THE STATS MEAN
    Body increases your hit points (10HP per point of Body). 3 Body for 30 HP is a good solid number. If you plan to take more damage (by being a front-line fighter) pump that one up.

Strength increases your chance to hit with melee attacks and your damage with them. Close Combat is a sub-skill of Strength that allows you to do more critical damage and use better melee weapons, and its max value is capped at your strength score. Melee Weapons and Unarmed Combat are in turn sub-skills of Close Combat and give you extra abilities and accuracy with those weapon types - and again, they're capped at the max value of your Close Combat score. So if you want a 5 in Melee Weapons, you need a 5 in Close Combat and a 5 in Strength first - does that make sense? That attribute > skill > sub-skill thing is the basic structure for all the character options.

Quickness increases your movement speed and ability to hit with ranged weapons. Ranged Weapons is a sub-skill of Quickness, and Pistols, Rifles, and Shotguns are sub-skills of Ranged Weapons. Again, raising each of those tracks not only improves your general to-hit and damage with those weapons but also unlocks various special abilities with them, like at pistols 4 you can reload without using an action. The Dodge skill improves your general ability to avoid melee attacks and gunfire.

On its own, Intelligence mainly lets you pass a few dialogue checks; statistically, what it does is contribute to the success of all the skills beneath it. Deckers (hackers) will want the Decking and ESP control skills, while Riggers (dudes who deploy portable combat drones on the battlefield) use Drone Control and Drone Combat.

Willpower determines your ability to resist magical attacks. Its subskills are Chi Casting. which allows the use of Chi spells that improve unarmed and melee attacks, and Spellcasting, which allows the casting of arcane magic (D&D type stuff: throwing fireballs, lightning, paralyzing dudes, etc).

Charisma unlocks Etiquettes, which are special social interactions that let you talk your way past difficult situations in the game - if you have the Security etiquette, you might know the right thing to say to talk your way past a security guard without having to fight him, for instance, while Gang etiquette lets you know the right thing to say when accosted on the streets. Charisma's subskills are Spirit Summoning and Spirit Control, which allow shamans to call forth powerful spirit creatures to help them in battle (albeit with an increasing chance each round that the spirit will break free from their control and wreak havoc) and Conjuring unlocks the ability to cast conjuration spells, which generally revolve around the creation of barriers/force fields/traps/etc.

BUILDING A GUY
    Pick a concept for the character you want to make - the system is flexible and the classes listed at character creation are just suggestions; you can build your own by spending an equivalent amount of karma points as you choose.

A good approach to character building is to focus on one (1) combat skill, two (2) utilities, and Charisma. (There's never really a good reason not to be a charismatic main character in a PC RPG, because it always opens up so many options.)

Pretty much any weapon approach is totally viable. Assault rifles are the best overall weapon, but tend to use both of your action points (leaving you unable to move after firing). Shotguns do massive damage up-close and get a couple of nasty powers as you level up your shotgun skill. Pistols do less damage round-to-round but have decent range and the best critical hits in the game, and the best trick shot powers, letting you do stuff like hit multiple targets with one volley, disarm enemies, etc. Submachine guns have a reliable chance to hit from sheer volume of bullets fired, and the SMG tree has very few powers and those are mostly frontloaded, which means you only need a small investment of points to get the most out of the weapon, making SMGs a perfect choice for characters like hackers or spellcasters who want to spend most of their points in their main thing instead of a gun skill.

Melee is a somewhat mediocre - not cripplingly bad, just kind of eh - option in Shadowrun Returns but gets progressively better through the series, to the point where it’s very, very viable in Hong Kong.

Grenades are pretty nice too, but with a single grenade taking up a full inventory slot, you can’t really have them as your main thing. They’re a great backup weapon option for combat-focused characters, though.

When it comes to assigning points at the beginning, pick one thing to start out with - "I'm going to be really good at pistols," or whatever, and jack it up to 4 or 5 as soon as you can.

Now, the way the skills work, your chance to hit in ranged or melee combat is determined by the Ranged Combat or Melee Combat skills, NOT by the Assault Rifle, Pistol, Unarmed, etc skills for specific weapons. What the specific weapon skills do is improve your criticals and unlock better powers with those weapons. So if you have a good ranged combat and focus on assault rifles, there's no reason not to pack a backup shotty or pistol or whatever just in case.

So after you've got your main combat weapon chosen, pick a utility skill. By utilities I mean stuff like Biotech (which lets medkits heal you more, and in Dragonfall opens up a surprising number of bonus dialogue options), or Dodge (the ability not to be hit), or Body (which affects your HP). I think any character should probably have a minimum of 3 in Body but if you plan on doing a lot of melee or being in danger it is definitely worth pumping that up to 6 or even higher.

Some good general character concepts:

Pure street samurai: a lot of Body, Strength, and Quickness, a melee or unarmed skill, and a gun skill. Put leftover points into Dodge. You'll be a pure combat beast.

Decker: You'll need a Decker on most missions to unlock doors and access extra information and cash, so being that dude yourself is often a good call. Decking goes well with a ranged combat skill (I like Pistols but other people are very happy with Rifles) but you can also get a huge amount of mileage out of being a Decker/Rigger, putting all your points into intelligence and not even bothering to carry a weapon - your robot friends are your weapon.

Mage/Shaman - You can be a pure spellcaster, pumping up both Willpower and Charisma to get access to as many casting options as possible, or you can devote yourself to one specific flavor of magic (only spirit summoning or only arcane spellcasting, for instance) and use the other points to improve a melee or ranged weapon skill to add to your versatility.

"Face" - a high-Charisma character with a lot of Etiquettes may not be a killer on the battlefield, but they often don't need to be, because the game gives you ample opportunities to bypass fights entirely or resolve otherwise unresolvable situations if you're a good fast-talker. Corporate and Security etiquettes are by far the most useful, followed by Gang, Academic, or Shadowrunner, with Socialite and Street coming in somewhat last.

Lastly, unless you're a caster, you're going to want cyberware, but - and this is frustrating - WAIT. Don't buy the first stuff you see. The game releases progressively better and better cyberware as you progress, so your best bet is to wait till the later-game and stuff as much of that sweet 'ware into you as can fit rather than settle for some bulky, crappy cyberleg that will drop your Essence by a ton and prevent you getting something better later on.

THE INTERFACE
    Press C to open your character sheet. f5 quicksaves and f9 quickloads. Left-Alt highlights all interactable objects you can currently see on the map. You can't trade items between characters, no dragging and dropping party member A's medkit onto party member B or whatever.

COMBAT
    Combat works like XCOM, if you've played that. Characters get 2 Action Points. You can see, in their little portraits in the top right of the screen, a little number 2, 1, or 0 on the bottom right of the portrait; that is their current number of Action Points. You can use an Action Point to move or to shoot, and you can move twice, shoot twice, etc. Some actions - like certain powerful spells, or well-aimed shots from a rifle - take 2 action points to complete, so they will consume your full turn to use. You can tell what the action's AP cost is by looking at the number in the bottom right of the icon for that action.

Characters with multiple weapons can switch between them by clicking the little weapon silhouettes on the bottom left of the screen. This costs no actions to do. Characters with multiple inventory types - like a spell book and a backpack full of grenades, or a list of miscellaneous special powers granted by equipment - can switch between those lists by clicking the little head and backpack icons on the bottom right of the screen. Again, this costs no action points to do.

The goal of combat is to get your dudes into cover (symbolized by a little shield icon that is empty, half full, or full) and shoot at enemies that are out of cover (symbolized by either having no shield at all, which indicates that they are out in the open, or a shield that's been X-ed out, which indicates that they would have cover except that they're currently Flanked). The advantage of cover is that it reduces all incoming damage and also makes you immune to critical hits. Flanked enemies or enemies out in the open are not immune to critical hits and will explode into very satisfying blood chunks very quickly if you focus on them first.

If an enemy is in cover, either try to work your way around to an uncovered side to attack them from, or hit them with an area of effect attack such as a grenade or a spell. Stunning attacks, such as flashbang grenades and tasers, drain enemy action points, making the enemy unable to move as much or take as many actions on their turn. If you drain ALL of an enemy's AP, they are completely stunned and fall out of cover, making them an easy target!

You'll notice that some bigger or tougher-looking characters have little white pips along their health bars. This indicates their armor. Armor reduces all incoming damage by a flat amount (so armor 3 subtracts 3 damage from all incoming shots, let's say). Heavily armored enemies might be able to shrug off some attacks completely; that means your best bet is to use max-damage attacks or any sort of special ammunition, spells, or powers that grant an armor-piercing effect.

Overwatch, the little dot icon with a semicircle over it, is unlocked for all weapons or melee attacks at rank 3. So if your character has Spellcasting 4 and Pistols 2, he can do Overwatch with his Arcane Bolt spell but not with his pistol. When you select Overwatch, you need to select the attack they'll be using and the direction they'll be looking for trouble in.

Your party members' inventories replenish themselves after every mission so don't be shy about using their equipment. You already know what medkits and grenades do. Trauma kits automatically heal your characters for some amount of HP when they hit 0, OR, if a character without a trauma kit is downed, a character with a kit can run over and use it to revive them (within three rounds). Fetish totems are one-shot consumable items that shamans can use to summon spirits into battle. Most major battle areas in the game also have a couple of interactable points (visible during the shaman's turn) where you can click on them and a shaman character can summon a spirit for free, without a totem, and these spirits are often pretty powerful.

THE MATRIX
    The electronic cyberwebs of the information superfreeway work exactly like movement and combat in the real world except that the decker character has a single basic attack and a suite of more powerful abilities (better attacks, area attacks, self-heals, buffs, debuffs, etc) based on what Programs he has chosen to install before hacking in - Programs have pretty self-explanatory names like Blaster, Killer, Medic, Shield, and so forth. ESPs are special programs that summon a digital ally to help out in combat, and although ESP programs are bought and sold from merchants under the "consumable" tab, they never actually go away. If your ESP dies in the Matrix you can't summon it again during that particular hack but if you jack out of the system and come back later it will be ready to summon again.

LEVELING UP
    There seem to be three big competence thresholds: early on, if you have something (particularly a gun skill) at 4, you're about at the target difficulty. Later, in the mid game, you wnat things around 7. Finally, at the end game, you want your marquee stats at 9 or 10. So focus on getting your skills to those targets at those points.

DRAGONFALL-SPECIFIC ADVICE
    The best Etiquettes in Dragonfall are Corporate and Security, easily. No others come up nearly as often or yield such tangible rewards. Academic is fantastic - it gives ok in-game rewards but is super handy for players who want to dig deeper into the story, as it lets your guy decipher scientific documents etc (this is also why the Biotech skill is useful specifically in this game)). Criminal and Shadowrunner are both useful on a couple of important occasions. Gang comes up like once and I am not sure if Socialite ever does.

I think all the leveling up your party member paths are pretty valid but in Dietrich's case I was all about free extra spirits and Eiger's upgraded sniper rifle is a fucking beast.

Finally,

- talk to every NPC after important missions. It does affect the outcome of the late game in small but cool ways.
    - just like a Bioware game, all your companions have side stories (bar Dietrich, whose quest is also part of the main chain). Push them on their backstories. Glory doesn't want to talk to you and the options are kind of misleading and make it seem like if you wait she'll open up - she doesn't. You have to actually push her into talking a bit, but once you start it opens up some of the best content in the game.
    - Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, never make a deal with a dragon

rRwz9.gif
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I think socialite lets you steal a good wine instead of a cheap wine at one point.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I just finished Return of the Obra Dinn pretty much entirely in one sitting, and it's now on my shortlist for GOTY. Really cool mystery design, really cool use of the art style, I would definitely recommend it if you're into solving mysteries, and if you have a fondness for old monochrome graphical styles.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I just finished Return of the Obra Dinn pretty much entirely in one sitting, and it's now on my shortlist for GOTY. Really cool mystery design, really cool use of the art style, I would definitely recommend it if you're into solving mysteries, and if you have a fondness for old monochrome graphical styles.

Obra Dinn is fantastic. It has the fun of a mystery game combined with that crossword puzzle-like satisfaction of solving one thing that gives you the clue you need to go boom boom boom and solve three more.

rRwz9.gif