As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Tournaments are back!

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    If you search YouTube for ‘world of light’ you can see all the cutscenes

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I definitely won't do that, but I will ask if there's more than two

dN0T6ur.png
    I didn’t watch them but based on my understanding of the events of the story mode there should be at least 4

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I shouldn’t have to say this, but to be clear World of Light stuff should be spoilered.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Since data mining is going on do we know how many spirits there are yet?

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    I shouldn’t have to say this, but to be clear World of Light stuff should be spoilered.

Actually they is a good clarification, thanks :). The threads have been pretty anti-spoiler so far, glad to hear this :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Well we got brave people just streaming the game on youtube.

And other nefarious things.

some people have hella cajones

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Im jazzed at all the megaman music I wish he had a better stage though since its all locked on that one

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    At least there’s the bf/fd variants
    I saw the big blue battlefield and it was very cool looking since the whole stage was the car

CD World Tour status:
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    zero has me super hyped for young link.

he was my secondary in melee and he looks crazy good in this one.
    no lag on down B. super long up B. 3 kinds of projectile, and then hookshot.
    creative projectile trajectories are my jam in smash.

also looking forward to peach/daisy, lucina, and isabelle to start out with.
    probably gonna try a lot of the cast, tbh, and just see who clicks.
    (it's gonna be young link, i think)

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Items or bust!

I dunno who I'm gonna main this time around. I'm usually Link but they've made some changes that make me want to branch out more. Will definitely be tinkering with lots of people to try and find a favorite. I've liked Marth in the past, but also I do kind of want to try and learn a character that is considered good and not just get attached to someone who I think is fun but ends up being bottom tier or whatever.

Then again I always play with items on so who knows! Less than two weeks now, right? The hype is building.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    For me it's been:
    1. Smash: Link
    2. Melee: Roy & Ganondorf
    3. Brawl: ? never really settled on a main
    4. 4: Mega Man & Corrin, but I also play a lot of Mii Fighter, Mii Gunner, Lucina, Cloud, and Duck Hunt Dog

Ironically, I've never played a Fire Emblem game.

I'm expecting I'll probably keep playing the same fighters, but I'm excited to try out all the new options and kind of hoping I'll like Inkling and one of the Belmonts.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I was always a Peach, Link and ZSS player. That probably won’t change. But I’m hoping I like Ridley - the bigger characters have never really worked for me. But look at my undername. I gotta give him a shot!

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I liked Duck Hunt in Sm4sh, but my favorite wound up being Bayonetta.

And I care not if she's high-tier and people are sick of her; it's not like I'm good enough at the game to be a problem.

But I'm also looking forward to New Palutena, Zelda, Richter, and K. Rool.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Just so everyone knows there's more music hitting the net tonight. New stuff still, that is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGgXL-0LVvU

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I’m too afraid to YouTube more music for fear of being spoiled!

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Number I'm seeing is:

edited November 2018

Number I'm seeing is:
    Oh hell yeah.

Thats the number I wanted to hear.

Dr. Chaos on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Number I'm seeing is:

Oh I hope so
    If there are that many spirits there are going to be so many fun dumb ones.

edited November 2018
    Winky wrote: »

Number I'm seeing is:

Oh I hope so
    If there are that many spirits there are going to be so many fun dumb ones.
    "You thought we were kidding when we said everyone was here?

We meant EVERYONE."

Dr. Chaos on
    Sign-Ups are LIVE! Click below for details. OP will have current information.

Ri99yFn.png

Y6b2SK5.png

YL9WnCY.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Since I went in on a Switch, figured I might as well pick this up. Hope I can get good enough to go to a local tourney and not embarrass myself as I lose in the first round :P

Will be a climb since I only casually dabbled in Brawl. While I'll have to experiment with how many characters there are, I feel like I'm going to drift back to trying to force ROB or Dedede.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    Since I went in on a Switch, figured I might as well pick this up. Hope I can get good enough to go to a local tourney and not embarrass myself as I lose in the first round :P

Will be a climb since I only casually dabbled in Brawl. While I'll have to experiment with how many characters there are, I feel like I'm going to drift back to trying to force ROB or Dedede.
    Like you, haven't played since Brawl.

On the upside, theres alot more new fighters here for me than just whats announced for Ultimate.

Finally get my damn hands on Mega Man.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I too haven't played since brawl but I bet I'm not that rusty >:]

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited November 2018
    Cool new feature Challonge added since I last used it: ELO ratings.

This will make seeding SIGNIFICANTLY easier and more accurate than the napkin match I've been using.

EDIT: This does mean you WILL need a Challonge account for Competitive Tournaments.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Looking at some Spirit Board stuff.

Who wants to bet that Alraune (Bayonetta) is attched to Simon or Richter?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    RIP to a legend, Crunchii (the dude uploading all the extended Smash tracks) just got hit with about 30 copyright strikes and his channel is getting deleted this week :(
    A ton of music was removed from his and other channels are taking precautions, including Gangplank Galleon and a ton of older stuff.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Popping in and out of streams here and there, seen just enough to be excited but not enough to feel spoiled.

Christmas morning is so far away :(

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I was so upset when I realized I recognized the vocals.
    The DKC tv show is very cursed.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    @Sterica Could we maybe have future tournaments at a different time? Or at least vote on it or something? The current time kinda sucks for everyone who isn't American.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    It seems to be reported that some of the morphing stages are randomized between their various layouts for hazardless. Arena Ferox seems to be one of them. This would probably effect it's viability, since a couple of the layouts aren't really that great for an entire match.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    rip the music leaks are getting taken down, oh well

BahamutZERO.gif
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I don't see how anyone expects me to live a whole two weeks without Smash Bros.

Winky wrote: »
    I don't see how anyone expects me to live a whole two weeks without Smash Bros.
    BOTW is helping to numb the pain abit.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I have about two weeks to find time to finish up Mario Odyssey before it sits on my SD card in the shadow of Smash.

Cruor wrote: »
    I have about two weeks to find time to finish up Mario Odyssey before it sits on my SD card in the shadow of Smash.

same, but for Breath of the Wild
    and the new Path of Exile league
    and Diablo 3 for Switch
    and Forza Horizon 4
    and Yakuza 0
    and DOOM
    and Sonic Mania
    and Assassin's Creed Odyssey

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I’m probably not going to get through Octopath after all.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Well, I have a few other games in my backlog that will continue to wait, but Odyssey is the doable one on that list.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i signed up and ruined your brackets! huzzah!

now we need more signups.

also i'd sign up for casual but i'm booked sundays.

This discussion has been closed.