As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2018
    oh my god I just found something that's 100% stupid and also I must buy it for my satanee

warning to satanee: will be sending things that are 100% stupid

tynic on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Gifts ordered! And now we wait.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Motion for next year's submissions to include "Your PREFERENCE FOR 100% STUPID GIFTS"

e: by which I mean yes please

Noggin on
    Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Motion for next year's submissions to include "Your PREFERENCE FOR 100% STUPID GIFTS"

I'm pretty sure by participating you are indicating your preference as YES PLEASE

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    this is probably one of the years where i've had a bit more trouble thinking up a really good gift. Like, i'm going to get some items off the wishlist, but i haven't settled on what The Thing is. What's something more and something extra.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Yeah I'm having a ton of trouble thinking of something. I usually at least have an idea or an inspiration by now if not a final plan, and this year, nothing. Maybe I'll just do a keyword search on amazon and let one of my kids point to some stuff.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    But I mean, if people are worried about anonymity because of the chains @Brolo @lonelyahava and I can always just keep on our end. They are traditional though.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    oh my god I just found something that's 100% stupid and also I must buy it for my satanee

nic please i thought you said you’d stop sending people pictures of me in the mail

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    but that's all that I have on my wishlist this year!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    crwth wrote: »

nic please i thought you said you’d stop sending people pictures of me in the mail

I would never agree to something that preposterous

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I feel horrible because I am horrible of getting ‘surprise’ gifts. My entire family gives me a list of what they want, and I get it for them. And that’s for people I have know for decades.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Noggin wrote: »

I'm pretty sure by participating you are indicating your preference as YES PLEASE

For some reason I only just realized- including the preference would allow for people to say no.

I was going for YES PLEASE, so I apologize if implied the opposite.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    I feel horrible because I am horrible of getting ‘surprise’ gifts. My entire family gives me a list of what they want, and I get it for them. And that’s for people I have know for decades.

My sister and I do that for each other literally every year. It's totally fine.

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I would appreciate art of any kind, but would def prefer it be physical. If all goes well my target will receive something homemade.

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Ideas are coming together. Now I just have to figure out the timing for shipping.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Ideas are coming together. Now I just have to figure out the timing for shipping.

It's probably because the US is so much bigger but I'm always disappointed in Amazon US' shipping times. Here we have next day delivery with prime and two day delivery without prime if things are in stock. The US side only has 2day with prime and like a week without.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmm one of my gift ideas is on backorder...maybe I'll be sending in waves

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Alright, first order completed!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Oh no, I've been damned!

Uh, err... I mean my Satan has sent me a gift!

viowfeh3ti7n.png

The third book in The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson! It's been so long since I read the other two I might have to read them again first so... it might be a while. However I am so grateful all the same! Thank you mine satanic master!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    aw dangit i missed the signup this year...

happy holidays folks!

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Art is welcome with a definite preference towards physical artwork.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »

It's probably because the US is so much bigger but I'm always disappointed in Amazon US' shipping times. Here we have next day delivery with prime and two day delivery without prime if things are in stock. The US side only has 2day with prime and like a week without.

FedEx blew a hole in my shipping estimates in the financial sense (because Hawaii) so I have to reevaluate my options. For shipping within the states I usually go for flat rate boxes because of the cost, but I want to nail the timing on this because food.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Why did I forget that you guys are always on top of this Satan-ing thing? I forgot I didn't do an "About me" post and people have already ordered, shipped, AND received. Le sigh. One of these days I'll get this. It's only been, what, a decade or so? You people are awesome, by the by.

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Don't worry! Some of us are slower than molasses

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I went to check the mailbox, and there was a box on my doorstep. Huh, the gifts I ordered aren't supposed to be here until Tuesday, but okay.

NOPE YOU IDIOT THIS IS ACTUALLY FOR YOU.

In my haste, as well as I had just poured my second cup of coffee, I tore the box open without thinking about it.
    7yerlp0b275l.jpg

Then I was confronted by a note, which not only revealed the identity of the person actually ordered this, but also provided a clue as to what may be inside.
    jehb9mbdkenn.jpg

Inside the box is a bag! This bag seems to contain another box inside. Diabolical!
    xzyykatyb7ce.jpg

IT IS WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE.
    lp7d8gsq92ov.jpg

Holy shiiiiiiiit @JayKaos thank you so much! I am very eager, and also more than a little nervous, to get started on this kit! This will be my very first RG, and I will be treating it with all the respect and fear it deserves.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    See, I wanted to wait til Black Friday in case there were any deals before letting loose (there weren't really for the very specific gifts I went with, this time, but worth trying anyway!)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    I forgot to mention, as of last year I am a huge VGK fan. It's the only sports team I really care about. I bought a sweat shirt today and I just realized that maybe I should mention the love I hold for my new home team.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Ah good I was afraid the note was too subtle.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    It may have arrived on Saturday? I'm super glad it was still there and sheltered from the rain if so.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

Official, if late notice to my Satan, whomstever they may be: This is fine.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I was panicking a little, thinking time was working against me getting stuff sorted for my satanee before I leave.

But I did! And it's off and away! Ha HA! Up yours, time!

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Muwahahaha, Satanee stuff sent.

Accidentally resubscribed to Amazon Prime (thinking my last years subscription had ended), only to find out I was on the wrong country site. Man, do they make you feel guilty for canceling your membership.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Accidentally resubscribed to Amazon Prime (thinking my last years subscription had ended), only to find out I was on the wrong country site. Man, do they make you feel guilty for canceling your membership.

Now Jeff Bezos can only buy 7 Islands!

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

Now Jeff Bezos can only buy 7 Islands!

The island of Australia, the island of Asia, the island of North America...

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

I remember one year I sent, as part of the greater package, a toy reindeer that pooped little candies, so I figure I have it coming, at some point.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Amazon just let me know that 3/5ths of my Satanee's gift has shipped

good thing I didn't make the gift notes reference other gift notes, because now they wouldn't make any sense

good thing

• Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    What could 2 of 5 possibly mean!?

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular

I remember one year I sent, as part of the greater package, a toy reindeer that pooped little candies, so I figure I have it coming, at some point.

I'm pretty sure that I re-gifted it to a coworker for their kid and it was very much enjoyed.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    . wrote: »
    What could 2 of 5 possibly mean!?
    not really into star trek so i couldn’t tell you, sorry

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I mean, it’s not like it’s a secret code or anything, just a couple pairs of items that connect thematically and half of each pair is not shipped yet

Also by mentioning this my Satanee will hopefully figure out who their gift is from because I was so excited to get it ordered that I forgot to actually put my forum name in any of the notes