As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken: Dance Like Nobody's Shooting (At You)

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Goo I got wrecked in PvP today. Haven’t played in a while. Trying out this fancy new pro controller with paddles

It’s so bulky and hard to use

616610-1.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Did anyone grab that thunderLord shirt yet?

I actually like the design but I'm curious about the quality... The triumph shirt I got at the end of D1 was super lightweight crap

i ordered it but it hasn’t arrived yet

usually their shirts are good but yeah, the triumph one was pretty cheap garbage

Mind @'ing me when it shows up? I'm curious... I'd like to get it but I don't want to spend money on trash. I already spent money on CoO.....

Make sure you get your code ASAP:
    This special Bungie Reward offer is only available to players who acquire the Thunderlord in game and who receive a code from Bungie Rewards by 11/27/18 11:59PM PST.

With code, the Long Sleeve T-shirt is $29.99. Deadline to purchase item on Bungie Store is 12/31/18 11:59 PM PST. Product will ship 3-4 weeks after placing your order.

Oh... How do you get the code? I grabbed thunderlord, will the code be waiting in my email or something?

there’s a link for you on the bungie rewards page if you’re logged in with your game account and have completed the quest

Excellent, done and done

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Photo taken moments before disaster

PU39Ou0.png

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Gonna try to farm for a Militia's Birthright a little tonight, hoping for the prox/spike grenade and ambitious assassin combo, will be happy with pretty much anything tbh

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    can you carry completed hawthorn bounties week to week?

I usually grab what she's got before the weekly reset but my warlock has some completed and wondering if I should hang onto them until tuesday.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    can you carry completed hawthorn bounties week to week?

I usually grab what she's got before the weekly reset but my warlock has some completed and wondering if I should hang onto them until tuesday.

yeah you can claim them next week and it counts

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Checking this game out and I guess looking to join the clan? (shryke applied as Orokos#1335)

I've been procrastinating this myself, just applied (and updated the spreadsheet with my info).

@Bullhead if you want in your gotta PM me or @ me or something so I know you applied and then tell me what your screen name is so I know who to add. Nobody checks the list on a regular basis so you just gotta tip me off that I should load the page up and let you in.

Just cause I still have no idea which of the people applying to the clan you are. :P

shryke on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    So I don't know what Bungie changed during their last go about of fiddling with Gambit's matching mechanics, but I've been getting NOTHING BUT premade four stacks as a solo queue player all weekend. It's almost as if they don't want me to play this game of theirs given how frustratingly poorly it's coded!

Way to be a bunch of morons, Bungie!

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    TBF, most of the people that would normally play Gambit solo have 3 resets and realized that playing Gambit on the last bonus weekend before the end of the season would be a potential festival of misery...

have they revealed what the new armor will be? Will it invalidate/obselete the existing RNG armor options? I would love to get reverie on my titan but I haven't finished the story on her yet.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Bungie allowing this synthoceps bug to last as long as it has is utterly unacceptable. It's made Gambit completely unplayable by anything other than coordinated four stacks.

• Options
    WOOT! 1K Voices finally dropped.

Grabbed a cheese run going straight to Riven because it's the end of the week and I just wanted to get a shot at the big gun. A guy DCs half way through us running to the other side to cheese the boss and we end up 5 manning the boss and then the run. Took like 15 minutes total from loading in to loading out. But I gots my gun.

Now I'm only missing the Queensbreaker as far as exotic weapons go. A ton of armour still to collect though.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Shards of Galanor finally dropped, from the daily Mercury Heroic Adventure, so now I have all the Hunter armor

There's a lot of variations on those Mercury adventures, btw

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I got a really good Birthright tonight, so that's dope

• Options
    Gambit is unplayable right now.

I hope you're fucking satisfied, Bungie.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Gambit is unplayable right now.

I hope you're fucking satisfied, Bungie.

Even setting aside the new ultra- cheese method, they still haven't done anything about Linear Fusions completely fucking that mode up

We lost a few games tonight based solely on the fact that they can invade and team wipe from cross map with 4 shots of -any- Linear fusion, even legendary ones. Crooked Fang is as busted as Queensbreaker.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Bonus weekends mean a bunch of people will be out in 4 stacks trying to make the most of it, so I'm not surprised if people are encountering 4 stacks more often than normal.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I'm really, really happy I was able to close out my last infamy reset on Friday. I was pretty worried this exact thing was going to happen, it just took a day or two longer to show up than I thought.

There's only one way to stop it (short of summoning way, way quicker than them), and that's to have someone invade while the rift is going down, and wiping the whole team as they pile into it. This wastes the warlocks charge. So, basically a 3-5 second window, and if they're smart about it they won't drop the rift with you already in there.

Its really fucking stupid and I hope either this Tuesday or next Tuesdays patch/update fixes it.

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    The universe found a way to get me to stop playing: destroying my PS4 controller's L2 button!*

And then while I was in the process of disassembling the controller to retrieve the pieces, I broke the ribbon cable between the controller halves and muffed a self-repair. :redface: I guess I'll be on the lookout for a new controller on Cyber Monday deals...

*Arkham City actually did the initial blows, but I was able to stave off death for years with a bit of thin plastic. The trigger button is now actually broken and can't be fixed.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    Opty wrote: »
    Bonus weekends mean a bunch of people will be out in 4 stacks trying to make the most of it, so I'm not surprised if people are encountering 4 stacks more often than normal.

It's 2 big things imo.

1) A ton of people have gotten their 3 (or 2 or 1 or whatever they thought they could accomplish) resets and so there's literally no point to playing anymore. It's the end of the season. Unless you desperately need to close something out in the next 24 hours, there's not a lot of reason to grind something like Gambit.

2) The cheese means that any poor bastard solo queuing right has no shot because every group is running the cheese and is essentially unbeatable by randos unless the group is way less skilled then the randos. Which means a ton of people saying "fuck it" and just not bothering because it's not worth the hassle.

The result of this is that for the most part the only people playing right now are gonna be 4-stacks cheesing Gambit and pitiable son of bitches just trying desperately to close out that last reset before the season ends. And everyone else is staying away. So your player pool is small and heavily loaded with 4 stacks compared to randos. So randos are basically gonna constantly we matched against 4-stacks running cheese.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Bungie allowing this synthoceps bug to last as long as it has is utterly unacceptable. It's made Gambit completely unplayable by anything other than coordinated four stacks.

You're funny. This is the Bungie that hasn't figured out how to do a daily reward thing correctly and we're two and a half months in. (Yes, it's because they want two heroic adventure milestones per a flashpoint. It's still a fuck up, just in design planning rather than implementation.)

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    This whole cheese was only figured out like, what, a week ago? That's about when I first saw anything talking about it and it took quite a few days for people to really start using it in Gambit.

Even if they patch the thing tomorrow with the end-of-season patch that would still be a pretty fast turn around as far as Destiny goes.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    what happened to the old bungie that would disable bugs and exploits beneficial to the player almost immediately and then just take their time fixing things harmful to the player?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    Checking this game out and I guess looking to join the clan? (shryke applied as Orokos#1335)

I've been procrastinating this myself, just applied (and updated the spreadsheet with my info).

Bullhead if you want in your gotta PM me or @ me or something so I know you applied and then tell me what your screen name is so I know who to add. Nobody checks the list on a regular basis so you just gotta tip me off that I should load the page up and let you in.

Just cause I still have no idea which of the people applying to the clan you are. :P

@shryke hah sorry, I had requested an invite through the clan page and thought that would've sent a notification or something. Thanks for getting me in last night!

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    The cheese doesn't seem like an easy fix either. It interacts with some pretty basic systems that will be seen as nerfs if changed

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    what happened to the old bungie that would disable bugs and exploits beneficial to the player almost immediately and then just take their time fixing things harmful to the player?

Well you see, this is both beneficial to the players using it to crush in Gambit, but also harmful to the players that are losing Gambit matches to teams using it

It is the perfect paradox, throwing Bungie into a causal loop............

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

Well you see, this is both beneficial to the players using it to crush in Gambit, but also harmful to the players that are losing Gambit matches to teams using it

It is the perfect paradox, throwing Bungie into a causal loop............

Were there 3 bugs? Or 6?

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The cheese doesn't seem like an easy fix either. It interacts with some pretty basic systems that will be seen as nerfs if changed

It might be. The core issue afaik is that Well of Radiance makes all your damage count as super damage. Which synthoceps will then buff. So the most obvious fix is to make WoR stop making all damage super damage.

Now maybe there's too many systems tied into that and WoR has that effect for a reason and so you can't do that, but it seems like it should be a good attack.

Alternatively maybe you can just add a conditional that makes synthoceps not work with WoR on weapons or something.

shryke on
  • Options
    I was going through old Youtube, and I found this again, and it's still so good. I miss D1 sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXcurOFTHoM

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

It might be. The core issue afaik is that Well of Radiance makes all your damage count as super damage. Which synthoceps will then buff. So the most obvious fix is to make WoR stop making all damage super damage.

Now maybe there's too many systems tied into that and WoR has that effect for a reason and so you can't do that, but it seems like it should be a good attack.

Alternatively maybe you can just add a conditional that makes synthoceps not work with WoR on weapons or something.

It seems really weird that WoR causes damage to count as super damage at all considering kills made while within WoR do not count as super kills.
    Maybe that's what they were going for and screwed it up? Creating orbs/getting kills toward the various 'get super kills' while standing in MegaCleft seems a lot more generally useful and fitting than making standing in it proc the very few "is my damage super damage?"-based abilities.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Fixing how the damage boosts stack isn't really simple. Does the max damage buff cap still exist? Or does the mixture of components that are in place kind of just... ignore it?

• Options
    Baken is an evil genius.
    If you cast Golden Gun and then put on Celestial Nighthawk, it restore super energy for every kill you get. That means you can extend the duration of the 6 shooter golden gun tree to way way longer than it's meant to be. Probably only viable on PC, because of menu load times, but damn son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJUKRHMazIc

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    im a little confused about Black Armory. Is it like past add ons where some old content gets wrapped up and gated off? is max LL going up? Or is it basically just Forsaken with access to some new content/weapons/armor for purchasers?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    im a little confused about Black Armory. Is it like past add ons where some old content gets wrapped up and gated off? is max LL going up? Or is it basically just Forsaken with access to some new content/weapons/armor for purchasers?

It's a mystery!

They have been quite clear that it's not like previous expansions though. I would expect something smaller than Osiris/Warmind

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

It's a mystery!

They have been quite clear that it's not like previous expansions though. I would expect something smaller than Osiris/Warmind

Hopefully that means I don’t need to purchase it immediately. I’ve been enjoying Forsaken but I’m not completely sold on the add on content. Especially because I preordered last year’s expac content and got burned pretty hard.

Of course that is my own fault, I never preorder shit, but I’m extra wary because y1 stuff was so bad.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options

It's a mystery!

It is a fairly grating mystery to create when you want people to buy your product.

like... seriously.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I’m gonna be done with work in the
    late afternoon and then I’ll try to grind out my last Gambit reset. After what I’ve seen in what little time I played yesterday, I’m definitely hitting up LFG and not even thinking about a solo queue.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Like nobody knows if there will be a light level cap increase or not. Which is bloody baffling at like a week out from launch.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    My bet is it will be some armor/weapon questlines like the stuff before Forsaken.

If they are this quiet about it, its probably a minor DLC, anything big they would have touted from the heavens to get more people to buy it and appease Activision.

• Options
    There's a vidoc coming out soon, tomorrow I think, that's supposed to have the Black Armory details. So help me if Trials doesn't come back in some form and they don't create a straight path to new exotics I'll play another game once in a while. I won't like it but I'll do it!

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    There's a vidoc coming out soon, tomorrow I think, that's supposed to have the Black Armory details. So help me if Trials doesn't come back in some form and they don't create a straight path to new exotics I'll play another game once in a while. I won't like it but I'll do it!

Taken literally, if you don't have the annual pass you're kind of SOL for new exotics:

7silkk6cz7w9.png