As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Keyforge: The Age of Ascension is upon us!

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I had a bunch of fun discovering the new game, but I'm still not sure I see the longevity. We'll see; they'll really need to offer more structured formats.

What is this I don't even.
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Bought my first 2 decks today.
    first one, The Wildly Emerald Caller of Deepcoombe. Has a chance to be a very good deck, just haven't had a chance to play it.
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/f49c4de0-d774-40a2-9296-e209aa2cf870
    2nd deck. Serpent-stopper Rothschild
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/e000c959-160e-4b40-9b8c-a5351d0124ad
    Not to sure about this deck, it has some synergies. but seems kind of Meh compared to my first deck.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So that sealed event was fun; went 2-1. Lost my first game after I got shut down pretty hard on turn 3 or so, my whole board got stunned and I couldn't really recover.

Turns out though that my deck is pretty great; it has tons of Archive action, and a fair bit of outside-the-active-house cards. And then it has this Mars card, Key Abduction, which returns all Mars creatures to owner's hands, then lets you forge a key at +9 cost. Except the cost is reduced by 1 for each card in your hand. And you have 11-12 cards in hand, because you've been archiving steadily all game.

Gnarly. And Key Abduction gives you an Amber, too.

So my second and third games, I won by forging my third key with like 3 Amber at the start of my turn.

Rius on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Paired off my four decks and played two games against myself. Both games were real close! The winners were who I expected - both decks had slightly stronger individual cards - but no real key synergies in any of the four decks that demanded I play a certain way.

Which is actually pretty nice! Not having a power strategy feels slightly weird, but it does allow me to focus on playing my hand to the best of my ability and not be waiting for specific cards to come up. It's an enjoyable change of pace.

Now I just need to find people who want to try Keyforge

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I bought a new deck! (shh I don't have a problem)

w0vrsumg72hu.png
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/b8704c01-376d-444b-9881-6dabb03b1e8c

Not sure how I feel about it, but I am curious to try it! 3 Arise! cards seems like a lot, but could be a good follow-up turn to Coward's End.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Loot the Bodies with Coward's End is a disgusting combo and I love it.

Edit: Pretty creature-light for Brobnar stuff, but gauntlet helps there.

Let me tell you stories of Gauntlet and Zxilix (sp?) the Many.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Not to act like an ad board for some of my local game stores but if you're anywhere near Springfield, IL area and interested in attending a Sealed Event, Titan Games is hosting one December 8th.

(Also also L5R LCG Wednesdays. God I haven't played in forever.)

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Loot the Bodies with Coward's End is a disgusting combo and I love it.

Edit: Pretty creature-light for Brobnar stuff, but gauntlet helps there.

Let me tell you stories of Gauntlet and Zxilix (sp?) the Many.

Yeah, 2x LtB with a CE would be insane. Yxilix plus one of Soft Landing/Blypyp/John Smyth would be good for getting the stun removed immediately

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I bought a new deck! (shh I don't have a problem)

w0vrsumg72hu.png
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/b8704c01-376d-444b-9881-6dabb03b1e8c

Not sure how I feel about it, but I am curious to try it! 3 Arise! cards seems like a lot, but could be a good follow-up turn to Coward's End.

"Batwing" is way funnier if you've seen Waiting

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Okay, this is pretty cute. A basic crash-course on the rules in comic form.

http://montrealwizard.com/post/180565782441/keyforgerules

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    So my solo adventures so far:

Yellow beat Blue
    Green beat Purple
    Yellow beat Green
    Purple absolutely crushed Yellow, even though Yellow cycled its deck twice

I like this game more every time I play it

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Played a bunch more last night and man this game is rife with interesting decisions and shenanigans. Also first turn Stealer of Souls (dis artifact that gives both players +1 Amber per their destroyed creatures) vs a deck with no artifact removal makes a game go real sideways in weird ways.

Ah_Pook on
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Having no deck with Logos yet, I bought a third deck and got lucky.

Q.U. Darapoet of the Antique Labaratory (sure sounds like a name that has Logos)

It's a Dis-Logos-Sanctum deck and a quick look through it does show some interesting possibilities.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Having no deck with Logos yet, I bought a third deck and got lucky.

Q.U. Darapoet of the Antique Labaratory (sure sounds like a name that has Logos)

It's a Dis-Logos-Sanctum deck and a quick look through it does show some interesting possibilities.

I submit that it is impossible for that house combination to be boring.

I've got a deck with 6 logos artifacts, a guy that gives me an Amber when I use an artifact, plus shadows with a bunch of stealing bs, plus untamed w/the card that lets me play one card of untamed if I don't call untamed, and key charge, and a nepenthe seed and regrowth to dig the artifact Amber guy out when he dies. It's stupid .

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Tomorrow! Keyforge demo is my first stop once I'm inside the convention!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Man, a lot depends on your draws. Having some fun with two my decks though.

akirasig.jpg
    The draw mechanics mean aggressive mulligans, especially if playing first, are probably advisable.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    The line at PAXU is insane!

Doesn't help they're giving away a pin as well.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    The draw mechanics mean aggressive mulligans, especially if playing first, are probably advisable.

FYI you can only mulligan one time for one less card (not like Magic multiple -1 mulligans).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636

FYI you can only mulligan one time for one less card (not like Magic multiple -1 mulligans).

If not for that limit going first you would want to fish hard.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

Yeah, first player could basically mull hard to almost whatever 1 card they wanted, then they get free draw back up to full. I think it's good, let's you just mull a creature-less hand so you can get something on the board first turn.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636

Yeah, first player could basically mull hard to almost whatever 1 card they wanted, then they get free draw back up to full. I think it's good, let's you just mull a creature-less hand so you can get something on the board first turn.

My current theory on going first is you want to put down a creature from a house you habe more stuff from in hand. So on your second turn you use tuat house again to properly play it out, but with a man in play to use.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I ran a poll on the KF Facebook group and most people would choose to go first given the choice (by the rules you only get to choose as the loser in subsequent rounds of an extended match, otherwise you randomise) but I really don't feel it.

It could be deck dependant but going second feels like I usually get to counter my opponent's one card and also drop a bunch of new stuff.

But Garfield says first player has a small advantage so who am I to argue with that kind of experience?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I just happened to be browsing the most recently registered deck, and I would nooooot want to go against this deck:
    https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/3a3a174e-4237-44eb-a810-1a6c2b566a25

Key Hammer+Drumble could be a disgusting combo if used at the right time.

Opened me some of those Horsemen people go on about:

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/d3347266-0661-41ed-986c-73db5a8bd172

They are pretty useful it must be said. However the true star of the games I've played with that deck is Witch of the Eye though.

341_368_MC5PG9FQ3766_en.png

Kept using her to bring back this amusing card:

vjnnz41bu49n.png

And using that to bounce away their creatures and if I have spare use, my Dust Pixie so I can keep replaying him for his 2 play amber.

0dys4b3mwaak.png

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Dust pixie is great.

Dust imp I also like a lot.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Limiting the amount of cards your opponent can play is devastating in this game.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    Out of my 9 decks this is my Archon, its amber generation is way to consistant.

https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/0f1bfe32-26eb-42d1-9044-95cd7caf76c2

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
    Sanctum Creature, Gatekeeper is a hell of a card

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Opened a deck yesterday with three ember imps and four other chunky taunters. I expect good things.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular

A friend of mine came by and we played a lot of games and I played this deck primarily.https://www.keyforgegame.com/deck-details/a38399a7-8069-440e-be79-a67c3f02daf4
    Dis-Sanctum-Shadows
    I had commander zekiel with mantle of the zealot out. Both evasion and speed Sigel and nexus.
    Mantle of the zealot makes it so you can use the creature regardless of the house you choose.
    Commander zekiel let's you use a non-snctum creature when you reap and nexus lets you use a enemy artifact as your own.
    The most fun play was using the commander to activate nexus and then sacrificing or exhausting an enemy artifact. An enemy dominator bauble was often used to reap with yet another off-house creature.

Due to the evasion Sigel it was hard to fight effectively, so the reap abilities where extra effective.

Sanctum also had blinding light and doorstep to heaven. This made it take extra long to get to reaping and fighting and when he had a big turn, I burned down his amber supply.

This deck is pretty belanced and has a lot of equipment to stall your enemy while you race ahead. I can't wait to take it to a tournament.

steam_sig.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    the Vault just hit 200,000 decks

that's a lot of money

6F32U1X.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I played Lynxcap Dougal, the Vorpal and Immortal (Brob/San/Un) in an Archon tournament at Meeple Madness last night and went L-L-W.

I haven't played since pre-release, so I made a ton of mistakes in my first game. Things like forgetting that actions granted me aember, or that I could be more efficient by playing my hard in a different order. I also didn't really know how to play against a Mars/San/Shadow deck. There were a bunch of huge nasty creatures protected by taunts and multiple Shadow Self beasties.

The second game, we initially just took turns wiping the game board. Eventually we realized that neither of us were making much Aember and we were running out of time. So then we deployed like a dozen creatures on each side (maybe? it was lots) and frantically reaped against the clock. We still ran out of time. We both had two keys, but I had three aember and the other guy had four aember.

The third game, I had a much stronger handle on my deck, and my initial hand was good, and I kinda... just shut my opponent down from the get-go. I had two 11-power Mushroom Men out almost immediately, and then Hunting Witch, and he didn't have any board clear. I just killed his creatures before they could touch Hunting Witch, played as many creatures as I could, and got very lucky that he didn't draw many cards that could steal aember. It felt good to win after losing for two hours... but I felt bad about how one-sided this game was. I think my opponent could probably have had a fighting chance if he'd been willing to discard more aggressively to cycle through his deck and pick up some removal cards? Maybe not.

MVP, Hunting Witch.
    341_367_54RJ37XJPQ2_en.png

Frem on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Hunting Witch/Nature's Call is always hilarious. Especially when you have a bunch of Untamed you can bounce back to your hand and re-play again that same turn.

I actually havn't seen Chota before, he looks like he could turn that into some real cheese.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Hunting witch + full moon + a bunch of niffles + troop call... Ya sometimes that stuff goes nuclear.

My friend has a card called Reverse Time where you swap your deck and your discard pile and man let me tell you you can set up some disgusting stuff with that.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Why does this look like a shit ton of fun

Why did I have to click on this thread

*weeps for his wallet*

$10 buy in, your wallets way safer here than with similar games :)

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Also difficult to find! Which may be good or bad depending on how you think about it!