As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »
    Acheron wrote: »
    Aether Raids has gotten real weird now. I just did my free run, couldn't get either of the 2 pots, and advanced a tier. Went to run my second run... What? Not enough Aether? I had 57 and needed 58. Looks like from here on out it will be just as likely to run 1x per day as 2x. Progress will be super slow!

At least my first defense was a win today, so I saved lift there. Got lucky cuz my next 2 were total defeats.

It's definitely getting trickier. I haven't yet really invested in developing more than 1-2 basic teams, but really need to do that at this point.

Has anyone purchased the 5th team member slot? Does it apply to both O and D? Or is it 300 stones for each? Do you get the Aether Dew stuff for buying the slot like you do for buildings?
    It's 300 for each, and you do get Heavenly Dew for it. On the offense side it doesn't affect your Lift gain, and the penalty for losing a unit is still the same, so you could potentially get zero Lift for not bringing a bonus unit then winning with one unit left; don't know if affects defense the same way.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Well that was a bunch of Aether Raid Defense losses in a row -_- (got bumped down to -0 lift territory... ugg). Screw it, I'm going back to the layout I came up with before. I think that works, I just need to tweak my defense team. I put +10 Brave Lyn in there with a Firesweep Bow. Hoping that works a bit better. And I gave Reinhardt Vantage instead of Lancebreaker. That should be more useful.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I haven’t upgraded the defense fortress nor do I ensure I have the bonus building, so enemy teams pretty much have +8 to all stats, So it almost doesn’t matter what I do. Thanks just eat the loss and be done with it each day.

I saved up to buy the fifth offensive unit and luckily bought the bonus building earlier. The bonus stats make a big difference for offense.

I haven’t yet found a five hero defense team.

I've fought a few, they can pretty hairy for a casual player like me, especially when they both upgraded their Fortress (D) and have the bonus building. After upgrading the pot twice, it'll be this plus two more weeks before I'll enough dew to upgrade the Fortress (O). I'll be satisfied if I can stay in Tier 12.

I still wanna know how to upgrade the damn Aether fountain or whatever. I was able to upgrade the storage once and that was it. The resource buildings just don't ever show up again for me (I can see them grayed out under Filter). I dunno if I'm missing a certain material or what. I want more than 50 Aether per day!

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    You could only upgrade it once before it disappeared? That's strange, how much is your max? If it's 200 you actually upgraded it twice. But yeah, as said earlier if they don't give ways to get more Aether it'll be impossible to reach higher ranks because you can't battle enough times in one week. I doubt upgrades are locked behind Tiers, the Fortresses were like that and they were on the list even when your Tier wasn't high enough to upgrade it.

edited November 2018
    You could only upgrade it once before it disappeared? That's strange, how much is your max? If it's 200 you actually upgraded it twice. But yeah, as said earlier if they don't give ways to get more Aether it'll be impossible to reach higher ranks because you can't battle enough times in one week. I doubt upgrades are locked behind Tiers, the Fortresses were like that and they were on the list even when your Tier wasn't high enough to upgrade it.

Did I? It's 200, but I only remember upgrading it once. *shrug* Maybe the auto-build thing upgraded it for me. I did that not realizing it would actually spend my stones. Kind of regret it cuz I would have liked this healing fountain building instead of the canon. I also bought an armor school not realizing you could only have one school out at once -_-

Warlock82 on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    After about 100 orbs on blue and grey I get my first Grima! HP/def but I've been using a -def Myrrh so I'll still get great use out of her.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I had none of the reds and wanted Hectors for merges or bold fighter. So I figured I’d pull reds and blues.

150 orbs got me:
    Hrid (+hp/-spd)
    Laevatein x2 (+atk/-spd and neutral)
    Hector x2 (+hp/-atk, +atk/-def)
    Gunnthra (+hp/-atk)

Lucky pulls for first legendary banner in months!

I want to merge Gunnthra to +2 I think and give bold fighter to Sheena. Is it worth merging Hector to +2 over giving bold fighter to my +10 Sheena?

My current Hector is -atk/+res so I’ll probably merge onto the +atk one.

• AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Lost an Aether Raid for the first time in a while. Turns out that 4 cavalry units with overlapping range plus a dancer is really hard to beat with just 4 of your own units. Time to make a really dedicated cavalry killer team, cuz I am finding them in nearly every match.

I had really bad luck with the banner, spent more than I wanted to :( I think I might have gone like 300 orbs or something with only 1 5* which is pretty sad. And I wasn't even sniping that much - I was pulling all the reds and blues and occassionally the greens, so near full circles other than colorless. Kind of pissed me off.

Ended up with a lot of Ryomas in the end somehow. Decent number of Cordelias too. Got a couple Hrids but most had kind of sucky IVs - think the best was +HP/-SPD. I probably should have just stopped on red after the first one, but whatever. Wanted more Lucinas but I did pull a couple of them. Only one Hector and one Levaetain despite how many orbs I spent. Not a big deal but more Hectors would have been nice :(

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    ~180 orbs later and...at least I got a Gunnthra.

I'll try for Laevatein again when the Muspell Generals banner comes around again.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    I haven’t yet found a five hero defense team.

There's no reason to put 5 heroes on defense unless you're utterly convinced you can win every time. Otherwise you're just facing a daily 100 lift drop instead of 80.

I checked the requirements again and change what I said about it being impossible to battle enough raise your Tier at higher ones, that just applies to T20 - T21. Going from T19 - T20 "only" takes a minimum of 12 battles, which is just about doable with a maxed pot.

So I discovered a weird thing. I had +1 Bowcina on my Aether Defense team with the team locked in. I ended up pulling better IVs of her on this banner, so merged my old one into the new one. Normally this removes her from all teams, etc since, you know, technically I just destroyed the unit. Oddly, not from Aether Defense team! There she was, +1 Bowcina, still on the team until I unlocked it to replace her with the new one (at which point her slot went empty).

So yeah, apparently locking your Aether Defense squad REALLY locks it. You can delete all those heroes and you keep your defense team until you unlock. Super weird.

Busy day in FEH for me today. On top of the rolling I leveled up and geared out Legendary Robin, Ylgr, Young Azura, and a +3 5* Soleil I decided why not and just went for. Also, got to learning some skills on units I completely forgot about learning skills on. D:

You ever get that feeling of "didn't I prepare a unit for this role?" and just stare at your barracks wondering and then finally notice you've got a whole alternate build left unlearned on some units because you didn't have the SP at the time and probably set them grinding on a TT and just completely forgotten about it? Because that happened to three units for me today.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    guys when did we move on from what a genuinely bonkers fucking unit Surtr is?

i feel like this still needs to be addressed

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    And a bonus unit on aether and arena next week! So let's all look forward to this kind of hell soon:

tdm381vkmmnd.png

s7Imn5J.png
    Don't you mean this kind of hell? :3
    zsvkel5xqtwl.png

(Yes that's my hero :3)

Anyone with Hoshidan Summer Micaiah is waiting in giddy anticipation.

Although any Tikis, any axe breaker mages, and armor slayer reds are waiting for their time to shine as well.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Man Warlock, you gotta summoner support that monster and let him eat Abyssal maps solo. Definition of "raid boss," and he's player controlled...

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

Although any Tikis, any axe breaker mages, and armor slayer reds are waiting for their time to shine as well.

My maxed out Lilina with axe-breaker is moving into the rotation again.

My maxed out Lilina with axe-breaker is moving into the rotation again.

Let's see it. A treasure like that should be shared with the rest of the class.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    My +10 A!Tiki is ready to feast.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Don't you mean this kind of hell? :3
    zsvkel5xqtwl.png

(Yes that's my hero :3)

Needs DC

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So should this be the week I bust out ye olde desperation bladetomes?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    edited November 2018
    Oh wow, an Arena team of 3 Surtrs and Veronica, my Tiki's belly must be pretty full.

Also had a couple of Aether Defense wins where the turn limit was reached. Judging by the way the units were moving I'm guessing the opponent tried to Auto-battle it.

homogenized on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Burned through almost all my remaining orbs, but I got a Laegjarn from the new Voting Gauntlet banner! Seem to be short on red crystals at the moment, I'll have to level her up the old-fashioned way.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Hmmmm... just how good are the odds on a 2-person banner? I threw a couple orbs at Legjarn to no avail. I was planning to stop but I could use her skill for so many units... Plus I'm a fan of hers so I'll want to get her eventually, so the question is, is this my best shot?

Hmmmm... just how good are the odds on a 2-person banner? I threw a couple orbs at Legjarn to no avail. I was planning to stop but I could use her skill for so many units... Plus I'm a fan of hers so I'll want to get her eventually, so the question is, is this my best shot?

Yes, the odds won't be getting better than this anytime soon.

When will my Nephenee and Selkie 2 unit banner come?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited November 2018
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yes, the odds won't be getting better than this anytime soon.

Yeah I wanna say they are close to Hero Fest odds. I did a handful of pulls on this one because of that. Free pull was a Leagjarn and I think I got like one or two Helbindis and another Leagjarn with ~80ish orbs. Also randomly a red tome cav Eirika

Warlock82 on
    All that in 80 orbs? I'd be over the moon.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited November 2018
    All that in 80 orbs? I'd be over the moon.

Yeah, it was a pretty good haul.

Also, somehow I totally missed this. IS fucked up. One of the "Learning with Sharena" images:
    isaospvvv9121.png?width=431&auto=webp&s=baa31d9a71cd4cf34f278f00f354010387093703

Notice anything unusual? :P

IS ended up admitting it was an accidental leak too:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/a1sqv1/iss_response_to_the_light_and_dark_blessing_leak/?st=jp48q34u&sh=3e6a4d65
    6imly0gg7h121.jpg?width=431&auto=webp&s=9c4b31568bf3c83d6dc21d9fa64654e6b76007ff

Edit: Oh, and I was looking at the Legendary banner info last night and noticed... Female Grima not scheduled to return until February 2019. TWO FREAKING BANNERS WITH A NEW COLORLESS LEGENDARY YES PLZZZZZ!

Warlock82 on
    Ahahaha... light and dark seems premature when we have plenty of spots on the legend grid left... I think?

Polaritie wrote: »
    Ahahaha... light and dark seems premature when we have plenty of spots on the legend grid left... I think?

Not that many really. I don't think that grid really matters though either - I assume they'll eventually just start doubling up on things.

I'm guessing this is related to a 3.0 thing though.

It's inevitable that they will have to double up on legendary blessings unless they introduce light, dark, mega, alola, etc. versions

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    It's inevitable that they will have to double up on legendary blessings unless they introduce light, dark, mega, alola, etc. versions

I mean, they already have Alolan Minerva, Alolan Severa and Alolan Gonzales in the game :3

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Well, IS finally made up for my inability to get any focus units in the last 2 months.

In about 30 orbs (1 2/3 full pulls), I got Lance Hector, Bowcina, and another Noire, all with inoffensive IVs, too!

Also allowed me to put together both Hector Emblem and Lucina Emblem teams - on the same day.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain