As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Trailers: A Brief History

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Half-Life 3?!!!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Half-Life 3?!!!

Hah. No, the Xen chapter of Black Mesa Source -- the HL1 fan remaster.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Athenor wrote: »
    Half-Life 3?!!!

I know. I’m just continuing the running gag that every tiny morsel of Half-Life news is always confirmation for Half-Life 3.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Half-Life 3?!!!

I know. I’m just continuing the running gag that every tiny morsel of Half-Life news is always confirmation for Half-Life 3.
    HL3 is dead for me. Valve realized they make a ton more money publishing games. And if that leaked idea for HL2ep3 is any indication, i'm kinda glad they ended the series before they ran out of ideas.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    It has been 11+ years since the last Half Life game. At this point, if they ever decide to revive the property at all, it's going to be a reboot or something completely different.

y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    My guess is they will make one when ray tracing and/or VR become ubiquitous enough.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCf03KXyzIg

That Nickleback joke got me. So damn true :lol:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Nice and colorful at least!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK3FHjiwb_8

For those of you who don't wander over to SE++, here's a trailer for Jon Bois's latest work coming soon: a five part documentary on MMA.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Nice and colorful at least!

I'll give DC this: they know how to put a trailer together.

Still, I'll wait for reviews...

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    LEGO 2
    This is absolutely the brother and sister from the first movie playing "against" each other and that's wonderful.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm probably the only person who hopes the stinger from the end of Justice League becomes a thing. It was a great teaser.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    The Lion King teaser trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbLXeGSDxg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Looks pretty beat-for-beat so far. Curious if they'll include any of the stuff from the Broadway show or stick to straight remake.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    It's kind of weird to me as an adult seeing a live action lion king.

Like, don't most of those animals know they're going to be hunted for food by those other animals?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    It's kind of weird to me as an adult seeing a live action lion king.

Like, don't most of those animals know they're going to be hunted for food by those other animals?

"But I bow to the king, he won't hunt me."

• Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    I'm just waiting for the live action hula dancing warthog and meerkat

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    I don't understand why though. I looks good and Jungle Book was a good movie. But there are no humans in this movie, why would they need to make it live action?

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It looks good and all, but I have a feeling it'll have the same problem as Beauty and the Beast: it's so note-for-note that you just want to watch the original instead. At least do stuff like Maleficient where it switches things up.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    If all the characters are computer generated on a computer generated background is it even, strictly speaking, live-action?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    If all the characters are computer generated on a computer generated background is it even, strictly speaking, live-action?

There is a good change they could put it up for an academy award for best animation if they felt like it.
    An animated feature film is defined as a motion picture with a running time of at least 70 minutes, in which movement and characters’ performances are created using a frame-by-frame technique. In addition, a significant number of the major characters must be animated, and animation must figure in no less than 75 percent of the picture’s running time.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular

The animation blog Cartoon Brew posted an article recently that referred to Disney's insistence that this movie is live action as being disrespectful to all the animators working on it.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Personally I feel like Star Wars and the MCU might as well be considered animated films by this point, too.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I watched that Artemis Fowl trailer twice trying to understand it but it comes across as trying to be just some bland YA hodgepodge that I call it an Art miss Foul.

I was sorta onboard with that Ultraman until they showed some fighting and the frame rate dropped into that Spiderverse/Dragon Prince fuck you we're saving money stuttering.

• Options
    Now this looks interesting with Aggretsuko potential: stop motion in the vein of Aardman mixed with what is basically a Sanrio competitor mascot? Not a lot here but props if it's real stop motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atpyjjgBhCA

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    So is Ultraman the same as Gridman?

• Options
    which is the same as Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad!

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I watched that Artemis Fowl trailer twice trying to understand it but it comes across as trying to be just some bland YA hodgepodge that I call it an Art miss Foul.

The trailer really isn't doing the concept justice. Artemis Fowl is meant to be about a insufferable boy genius who's a criminal mastermind who gets involved with supernatural entities, like fairies. He ends up befriending the equivalent of the fairy police department. Then shit gets crazy.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    which is the same as Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad!

Ah yes, and that's gotten an anime reboot as SSSS Gridman which should be out on Netflix pretty soon, and everyone should check that out.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

The trailer really isn't doing the concept justice. Artemis Fowl is meant to be about a insufferable boy genius who's a criminal mastermind who gets involved with supernatural entities, like fairies. He ends up befriending the equivalent of the fairy police department. Then shit gets crazy.

It's basically if you made a kid version of Marcone the lead protagonist of the Dresden Files.

You're not really supposed to trust or like him. I hope they don't fuck it up.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Shadowfire on
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Why was Uncle Iroh fighting superboy and Nightwing?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Would the Blu-Ray Trailer for Venom go here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLfubSwbm0

Because, uh... they went for it.

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Would the Blu-Ray Trailer for Venom go here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuLfubSwbm0

Because, uh... they went for it.

If only it were an unrated director's cut that actually made the movie good

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Was the first one any good? The trailer made it look really fun. And this one looks like it's kinda the same thing, but more... And I'm okay with that.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Happy Death Day is a really fun film. The main character looks like the generic kind of girl you want to die in these kind of films but she becomes endearing. Only in the end does it really fall apart but the journey getting there is great, would recommend it. EDIT: I tell a lie, it does fall apart but they salvage it a little.

AlphaRomero on
This discussion has been closed.