As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games Done Quick: See You Next Mission

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Blindfolded Castlevania: SotN has been met and is next. 20ish minutes left for the Link Between World run currently ongoing.

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Blindfolded Castlevania: SotN has been met and is next. 20ish minutes left for the Link Between World run currently ongoing.
    This run is always crazy and entertaining.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Doing a nonlinear game like symphony of the night blindfolded is utterly crazy.

• Options
    One of the most impressive things in that run was when he was in the chapel and got stuck in the "WHAT?!" position. That being enough of a clue to correct his positioning was impressive as hell. He had a lot of course correction through that. Just think about that - everything he did, if it went wrong, there was a way to fix it. So it isn't just remembering the route and setups, he has to remember all the other stuff too.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    GT Big Key on the torch with no boots in this combo randomizer. So they've got a problem.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Randomizers have logic to prevent unobtainable item situations, but depending on their luck they could still be in for a long time sink.

• Options
    I was going to scream if the boots were behind the pedestal check like Oats called out.

• Options
    I was going to scream if the boots were behind the pedestal check like Oats called out.

Couldn't have been. Need boots for Cane of Somaria, which locks Turtle Rock and Misery Mire completion.

• Options

Couldn't have been. Need boots for Cane of Somaria, which locks Turtle Rock and Misery Mire completion.
    Yeah I heard the donation comment too. :wink:

• Options
    Getting your lame boot pun read seems to be the best donation incentive so far.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    They're gonna break $100k during this run at this rate.

• Options
    Did he skip the vanilla big key in Mire? I think he only got one item out of there...

• Options
    ANDY. I SWEAR TO GOD.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I missed the ending, did Save or Kill win?

• Options
    They dead.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Gosh, the TASBot destroys SM64

EDIT: $100k!

Goose! on
  • Options
    Okay I hope that window in the TASbot runs is a new norm, showing you the inputs at any given frame. That's a cool idea.

• Options
    Wow that is a rookie move to not disable your laptop's sleep mode.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I'm not scared of the robot uprising anymore. Sleep mode destroys TASbot.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

Sleep mode and disconnected cables are still a means for humans to resist.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Kinda messed up they let the Kaizo dudes restart but made the other dudes bail

• Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Sleep mode and disconnected cables are still a means for humans to resist.
    I think Dwango is trying to get all the console-kicking out of the way so that Grandpoobear is safe from that bad luck.

• Options
    edited October 2018
    I was waiting for a good time where funds would be needed and this was it. Threw some cash at the SMB3 incentive. Come on guys, give a few bucks!

Edit - It's been done! Also here's some awesome art.

Henroid on
  • Options
    RPG Limit Break is doing a marathon until Nov 18, Questing for Glory 2:

https://horaro.org/questingforglory2/schedule

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I will not be watching Games Done Quick nor donating, and I advocate people do the same. The short of it; they're letting someone who said anti-Semetic misogynistic and transphobic shit participate in the event.

Edit - "We don't like the comments but we really want this guy to show up at our thing anyway."

Henroid on
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Yup, I'm out. It's not entirely unreasonable to say "There is no way to ID who said it" but this is too important and diverse an event to fold in surrender to right-wing screeching for inclusion.

• Options
    I'd say people send money to the PCF by any means that doesn't involve GDQ resources / linking, and also not watch the stream.

Although it may also be worth reaching out to the PCF to let them know GDQ caters to Nazis.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    This along with Proto and Vullajin and maybe other LGBT people leaving the staff has me thinking something fucky's afoot.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    Yup, I'm out. It's not entirely unreasonable to say "There is no way to ID who said it" but this is too important and diverse an event to fold in surrender to right-wing screeching for inclusion.

I mentioned in the other thread too, but maybe I'm missing something. Isn't the first thing you said was reasonable exactly what they're doing? How is that a surrender?

I'll ditch 'em too, but not for not banning someone on hearsay

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Did cyberdemon531 have a Come to Jesus moment in the past year or something?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    Absalon wrote: »

I mentioned in the other thread too, but maybe I'm missing something. Isn't the first thing you said was reasonable exactly what they're doing? How is that a surrender?

I'll ditch 'em too, but not for not banning someone on hearsay

I asked in the discord why they weren't sending their staff to check Gravs twitter/discord/etc themselves and they basically said it was too much effort.
    Sterica wrote: »
    Did cyberdemon531 have a Come to Jesus moment in the past year or something?

I don't know I don't trust cyberdemon but if she's using her fuckery to mess with literal nazis then that's fine

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I mean, it’s not impossible that, in the nearly two years since her ban, she reached a breaking point with her circle of friends and left them. It would explain how she got the chat logs.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Oh I know but 2 years of extremely aggressive harassment towards people doesn't just go away over night. If she has then that's good.

I also keep asking staff why they specifically don't go and check Gravs discord and all that and I keep getting ignored.

The GDQ discord is a dumpster fire right now

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Feels handled fine to me. Glad they didn't just try to brush it away :)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Nice and good. Glad I can watch and donate as usual. Now I need to email them and PCF and tell them how happy I am!

• Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    It sucks that it took blowback on a terribly handled 'investigation' to make that happen. They've ultimately done the right thing but my trust in GDQ has dropped.

This discussion has been closed.