As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Madican wrote: »
    Watched the Shadowbringer trailer. I have no idea what just happened but it was awesome. Loved the instant job changes.

That was so fucking rad.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Yeah the WoL job changing constantly being cannon is great. The fact it also actually makes the little noise when they do it is even better.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    turtleant wrote: »
    Yeah the WoL job changing constantly being cannon is great. The fact it also actually makes the little noise when they do it is even better.

And what made it best is that it aint do SHIT. As it shouldn't. I mean you always start out with your main, the fuck you think changing to something 20 ilvls lower is gonna do.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Miqo'te
    I enjoyed the part where the WoL is pretty having triggered a flood of light and pretty messed up mentally/echowise from all the trauma and remembering past events and then the little gremlin starts taunting him. Pretty much the wrong move on it's part, because from that point onwards the WoL turns into the godkiller we all know and love and starts adapting. Like my read on the scenario is you've pretty much got an angel of death type character showing up to reap the WoL and the response ends up being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vFyAlMC4lg

This isn't probably the canon read, but I'm happy with it.

Caedwyr on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    I think that angel thing was even Kiribu; that angelic golem defender from Amdapor. Makes sense that it would be turbo powered with too much light in the world.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Yep, Kuribu and the lion thing were both in Amdapor, the builders of which were like... White Mages+++ (Mhach was Black Mages+++). I wish the WoL would've fired off a Geirskogul before swapping but that's the most minor gripe.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    Roegadyn
    Midlander boy needs to level a healer job though, I tell you what.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    you don't get to see his weapon shatter against his foe dramatically if he switches to caster, though

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Oh, before I forget - let's talk about Jim. Because he's coming, most likely in 4.55. (So make sure you have gotten current with Hildy.)

Jim is an 8 man raid that focuses on a lot of AoEs, with a few DPS checks, two of which are pretty nasty. ILevel for the fight is most likely 370 (that's what we were geared at.) And now, spoilers:
    Keep in mind that this can all change - FanFest Odin and Proto Ultima were different from what we ultimately got.

Jim opens with a tankbuster, then summons butterfly bombs to where the party is, forcing a scatter. There's a short window to attack, then Jim will go invincible and walk to the center, where he reveals that he is not Jim, but Greg! Once he's vulnerable, he'll first use his checkerboard attack from the Keep fight, then use an attack that will target everyone in the party, not only damaging them, but also generating a small donut AoE around everybody. If you don't spread for this, you'll overlap the AoEs. He can also summon dragon heads to march across the field - think Vault or Temple of the Fist. At about 70%, Greg splits into two, targeting both tanks for a tankbuster, and then forcing the party to DPS the images down before Giant Greg charges up and cuts the field in half. This is DPS check 1. Once you survive that, Greg now adds Susano attacks to his rotation. Eventually, he targets half the party for Iron Chains, which is DPS check 2. The targeted players should group together, but away from Greg, so that the chains can be DPSed down.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Roegadyn
    wait, is... is actual content going to be part of the hildy storyline again?

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    wait, is... is actual content going to be part of the hildy storyline again?

Looks like it.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Roegadyn
    The screaming will be magical.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    boy it's been a long time since i healed Coincounter in Aurum Vale with a group that didn't know him

boy

liEt3nH.png
    Roegadyn
    Bopping around ff14 related twitter now but apparently some chucklefuck from RPS wasted like a third of the press Q&A time asking about ERP and shit. Then wrote just a super condescending article about fanfest in general.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    The hell.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Well, I finally leveled my first 70 (Red Mage Fancy Pants class woo!). I still need to finish the Main Story quests (I'm on the quest "Stormblood" right now and I haven't looked into how much the patches added) but I wonder if I should try to gear up for the next patch's content or just be content with my level 70 job quest gear. I kinda want to level other jobs, which means gearing up my "main" job would be kind of a waste, but this is also the first time I've hit max level in this game when new content was still being created for the current expansion.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    finish off the quest your on

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Hyur
    I did (had a 54 minute queue as DPS on Royal Menagerie) and now I'm running around unlocking stuff before continuing with the post-launch MSQ. I want to be caught up and ready for Shadowbringers once that's a thing.

Roegadyn
    gear progress basically replaces exp progress once you hit cap, and you will need better gear to continue the story once you get to 4.1 and beyond

I think you'll need an average gear level of 300 to do the 4.1 dungeon and need 340 by the end of the existing story patches?

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Once you finish the main game (4.0 in this case) the story stops giving you gear. Instead, it will be up to you to run new dungeons, raids, alliances, etc in order to gear up and continue the story. It can be a little jarring to be unable to do the next story dungeon or what have you because you haven't been keeping up with gear progression.

Hyur
    Hm. I was reading a Reddit post about gear progression and I was really hoping to be able to continue the MSQ without all the *stuff* mentioned in that thread because my free time is taking a nose dive for the next few weeks. Oh well, I'll get through it eventually.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Hm. I was reading a Reddit post about gear progression and I was really hoping to be able to continue the MSQ without all the *stuff* mentioned in that thread because my free time is taking a nose dive for the next few weeks. Oh well, I'll get through it eventually.

Unlock hunts, do a hunt train or two, and you'll be geared to 340 which is enough for all the story quests right now, I think.
    It's quicker than it used to be.

Roegadyn
    yeah, every couple patches brings stricter gear requirements, but also better gear that makes previous benchmarks easier to hit

Hyur
    I should have the rest of my 330 Centurio gear by tomorrow night. I think I should be able to continue the MSQ at that point while also working on augmenting those pieces. I have SMN/SCH at 66 and two more classes at 51 so it's kinda nice that I can fly around and do these hunts for EXP while also gearing my main.

Roegadyn
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I should have the rest of my 330 Centurio gear by tomorrow night. I think I should be able to continue the MSQ at that point while also working on augmenting those pieces. I have SMN/SCH at 66 and two more classes at 51 so it's kinda nice that I can fly around and do these hunts for EXP while also gearing my main.

You should be getting tomestones of mendacity from max level stuff you're doing. You can use those to get ilvl 360 gear. Just a few peices will bump you up high enough to do pretty much any non-savage stuff. Not really worth it to upgrade the 330 stuff.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Roegadyn
    upgrading centurio gear isn't necessarily pointless, just about any time a piece of gear can be upgraded, the upgrade makes it dyable for glamours

my girlfriend is rocking a metallic green lost allagan set on her white mage right now

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Finally hit 70 on my first job, Paladin!

Then I finally got some cool looking armor from the class quest.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Volume one of encyclopedia eorzea is back in stock on SEs US store.

Miqo'te
    I need to make a new glamour, but the Maelstrom Officer jacket and the Elite Caster jacket are too damn good.

Roegadyn
    What all do you lose if you switch grand companies anyway? I feel like I ought to rank up the other two at some point.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Miqo'te
    You lose access to the gear at least. That all requires you to be active in that GC.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    It's just the gear. If you switched from Adders to Maelstrom, you would retain the Adder seals.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Larlar

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    getting through the patch stories

even if i didn't know how things shake out with asahi, sitting through his dialogue would still be unbearable

if there was ever a scene with him and lolorito at the same time i'd physically die

liEt3nH.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    p0hjbwpodz4z.jpg

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
This discussion has been closed.