As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Ultra-Delux Compact Model Classiness Gifts! [SECRET SANTA] & [CRYPTIC CARDS]

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Oh wow, you corrected my grammar so well.

Thanks!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Dear Santees when do you prefer to get your gifts? asap or closer to Christmas itself.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    OH SHIT

I forgot to mention if you Santee is a Canadian our postal service is on rotating strikes so packages will be delayed.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    Fwiw, I don't mind when it arrives, as I'm forbidden from opening them until the big day.

Fraucron is a tyrant.

sig.gif
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I open packages immediately upon receipt, so if my Santa doesn’t want me to, I need told with a tracking number or some other way to know which package I should be looking for.

In other news, *TARGET ACQUIRED*

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I usually open right when I get them!! I don't mind when that is

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Oh I forgot, if my santa is able to find an Overwatch Winston mug that will be an excellent gift for me

Ours broke this year :(

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Zero pref

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Just FYI if you are my Santee and you don’t post a wishlist I’m just gonna go based on stuff I like to give people in general such as a few of my favorite books and random stuff from my area so if that bugs you, too bad you should have posted a list

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I thought posting a list was a requirement now?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Here's my wishlist, more or less copied from last year aside from the New Stuff segment. I've been getting heavily into MTG lately, so it's mostly related to that:

New Stuff:
    • Individual magic cards! Easy things that would work regardless are fetch lands and Commander Staples (e.g. here or here, but if you have any other ideas for Magic cards to send that'd be cool too. I'm looking at potentially making an Alesha, who Smiles at Death deck if you want to dig a little deeper.
    • Dice! I need more dice. D6s, D20s, in between; it's all useful.
    • Storage for decks! Individual deck boxes or cases to carry masses of decks would both be useful.
    • Any other related accessories: life total trackers, counters, etc.

Interests:
    • I play a lot of videogame. PC, PS4, 3DS, or Switch. I play a lot of RPGs, MOBAs, and Metroidvanias. I'd prefer lesser known titles to mainstream ones, since I'll probably get around to most mainstream titles. Steam name Milski, avatar is Dr. McNinja. Don't focus on the wishlist; I dunno if you can stalk what games I've bought but that's a better metric.
    • Tabletop games: I own a lot of Dominion-likes (Dominion, Legendary, Puzzle Strike), but I'm interested in most games. Stuff that can be played solo would be appreciated so I don't have to convince other people to try it out.
    • Posters/Artwork/decorations: My house is relatively undecorated, so having some cool things in that respect would be nice.
    • Webcomics: I like OotS, Stand Still Stay Silent, Sleepless Domain, and Oglaf.
    • Food: I'm trying to expand my cooking knowledge. Recipes would be nice, as well as homemade/local food. I like spicy, but I don't really like jalepenos, if that matters.
    • Comics: I have read a bit but haven't really gotten into them. I tend to like more of what I've seen from Marvel, though. All the quirky new comics that get discussed in [Chat]? They tend to interest me.
    • Music: Point me in the direction of good music! Basically any genre is acceptable. Buying a physical album is probably not as helpful as some links.
    • Books: Good literature is a blast! Again, not picky on the genre.
    • Cool local stuff: Self explanatory!

Eh:
    • NSFW: I'm not opposed to the idea but I don't really use toys and don't want NSFW decorations.
    • Gift cards/cash: Kinda dull but if you don't want to risk gifting me something I already have a gift card+buy this wouldn't be bad.
    • Clothes: I don't really accessorize much and my wardrobe is passable. If you have a really cool T-shirt then an adult large works; I'm thin but broad shouldered, so super short sleeves tend to suck.

Uninterested:

• Prepackaged food/snacks: Aside from local/homemade food above.
    • Movies: I tend to just netflix/redbox movies I want to watch, or go in theaters.
    • Extravagant gifts: If you're somehow one of these miracle Santas, I'd prefer you give it to another forumer or make a charitable donation in my name.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I thought posting a list was a requirement now?

Yes, do this please.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hello

I'm good with most things and I enjoy the surprise and gift of something I wouldn't have gotten myself.

But here's a list

Yes's

-books. I want to read more. All these fantasy nerd books that people post lists of in here. I'm like 'yeah i'd read those' but i mostly never have. I'll have what the nerds are having.
    -comics. I don't have a lot of experience with comics, mostly out of distaste because comics in the 90s were baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. But recently I've started reading the new Black Panther series by Ta-Nehisi Coates and really liked those, so if you've got good stuff in that vain and not the 90's "hey brian ya like spawn?' stuff then yes please
    -movies: i dunno man who buys movies anymore
    -video games: I've got a switch and an Xbox and not a lot of computer games at the moment. I play games pretty erratically based on what i feel like and that's usually just quick multiplayer stuff but here's what im mostly playing and then also a bit of my backlog if that helps you delve into my brain: Playing:Fortnite (please don't buy me vbucks), Overwatch, Pokemon Let's Go Eevee! Backlog of games half finished: The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy XV, Dragon Age Inquisition 3, Zelda edit: i bought Assassing Creed Egypt and Shadow of War on black friday so im adding those to my backlog. I dunno point is i've got plenty of games but I really enjoy games you can pick up and play shortly (as seen by my currently playing lists) and I enjoy longer slower games they just don't hold my attention span as long. It's funny because you'd think Destiny 2 would be on the current list because its like that but its more of a backlog game because every time i plug it in i just get overwhelmed by inventory management and I feel like that alone tells you about my game playing style.
    -CAT: I have a cat, his name is Thanos. He loves toys and boxes and beds and treats.
    -Literally anything else
    -Food stuff: I'm working really hard to eat more healthy and anything that can help facilitate that is very welcome.

No's

-alcohol/caffeine - since my surgery I'm not really capable of consuming these much\
    -i guess that's it?

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    My dad asked me what he could send me for Christmas and after almost a week I had nothing to tell him, so I don't even know.

Interests:
    I'm into the MCU, but have all the blu-rays. I'm big into homebrew. I play alot of tabletop games, especially RPGs, thought I have all the D&D books. Oooooh, if you can locate hard copies of Masks or The Sprawl, that would be baller.

I don't have much for decorations on my walls since I moved, so that would be cool, too. I will edit this as I think of things.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    My list is mostly the same as last year. Add a 1 month old daughter and a Nintendo Switch to my notable changes. I’ll be more specific soon.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    As my wife will be the first to tell you, I'm hard to shop for, because of this:

Mrs. Hedgie: Is there anything for Christmas you want?
    Hedgie: Not really.
    MH: You sure?
    H: Yes.
    MH: (gives frustrated stare)

So, let's dust off last year's list, as not much has changed:

Good:
    * The last time, I was leery of getting games through Steam because my computer was old and probably wouldn't handle most games. That's no longer the case - I have a brand new computer that can run most everything that can be thrown at it. So if you're interested in giving games through Steam, that would be appreciated. Neither of us are all that big fans of FPSes, so it's probably best to stay away from them. Interesting/quirky games that can be played in short bursts would be interesting, though. I'll try to get my wishlist filled in some more.
    * As for consoles, we both own PS4s, and as such games for the system are appreciated as well. We tend to get the big titles we're interested in, so if you're going to go this way, more niche titles are appreciated, as are PSN credits. (New for 2018: We got a Switch, as an anniversary gift to ourselves. We don't have that many titles for it so far - just Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey - so if there's a title you'd think we'd enjoy (especially something we can play together), that would be nice to receive. I would ask that you avoid the Switch versions of Diablo III or Skyrim, since we have both for other platforms.)
    * Books are a good choice as well, as the both of us (especially Mrs. Hedgie, she's a rather voracious reader.) We tend to prefer science fiction and fantasy, but interesting non-fiction is good too. Also, if you want to send Audible credits, those would be good as well, as she loves to listen to audiobooks.
    * Board games would be fun as well. I'd rather get something quirky that you think is good - we own things like Cards Against Humanity, Exploding Kittens, Dominion, and would like to broaden our scope. It would be preferred if you get things that have a two player setup.
    * Any local specialties or homemade gifts would be much appreciated. That said, foodwise, I have to ask for no mushrooms (they don't agree with her), and be aware that she can't really taste orange, so anything flavored with it won't do much for her.

Okay:
    * Gift cards will work, though since we live somewhere relatively rural, it's best to stick with Amazon or such if you want to go this route.

Please Avoid
    * NSFW gifts just wouldn't work, so please avoid such.
    * Prepackaged food, aside from local favorites.
    * Movies/Collectables/Etc. - we're trying to slim down our ownership, in preparation of buying a house.
    * Alcohol - neither of us drink, so it would just wind up being regifted.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    My secret santa has been incredibly efficient and has already sent me my gifts!

My very generous presents were Two point Hopsital and Frostpunk - I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas my anonymous benefactor!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Ok list time: I’m not very good at these. mostly cribbed from my previous list of two years ago

My steam profile is here http://steamcommunity.com/id/Elldren
    I still mostly use my wishlist to just keep track of games. For the most part I’m set for video games. Unless it’s something you’re very sure I both really want and don’t already have, it’s probably best to avoid this category

I’m kind of getting back into Magic: the Gathering this year and if that’s something you are familiar with I would appreciate guidance and supplies and maybe a scholarly treatise or two. This is kind of a category of thing that you have to be knowledgeable enough about what I would need to properly gift so it’s kind of demanding in terms of either experience or research.

I’m also interested in learning how to makeup this coming year and it’s just kind of a dark and mysterious thing that I’m kind of terrified of right now and I really want to remedy that. Also more of a subject matter expert gift category.

NSFW stuff is perfectly ok

Other things I would like:
    Liquors, whiskies especially. (no beer pls)
    Cool minis/plastic model kits
    Miniatures modeling and painting supplies
    Well-researched history
    Aesthetically pleasing hardcover books
    Amazon gift cards

Things NOT to get:
    Clothes
    CDs/DVDs/BluRays/VHS/Betamax etc
    Multiplayer board games (unless you ship yourself with it so I can play it)
    Food, candy, or other comestibles
    Stuff what hangs on walls

Finally a tip: If you’re ever a bit lost on specifics, it’s never a bad idea to get in touch with the folks around here who know my tastes. Notably @credeiki @Jacobkosh and @Thomamelas

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Updating from last year’s list:

I like exotic woods for carving/whittling.
    I like games and art stuffs I can do with my nearly 5 year old and brand newborn daughters.
    I like your crafty/creative things.
    I like your local brews/coffees/teas.

I probably don't like nudie things.

I'm not allergic to anything.

If you are going to go the video game route, I've got a PC which I prefer for most games but I can’t really use currently for long stints while raising up the newborn. I have a PS4 which I hardly use for gaming any more but I wouldn’t be opposed to something rad and newish. I have a Switch that my eldest daughter and I both enjoy using quite a bit. I currently own Splattoon 2, Zelda BOTW, Octopath Traveler, and Lego Ninjago and Just Dance 2019 and I’ve preordered super smash bros. I’m up for just about anything expect most shooter games on console because I’m terrible at them if not on PC.

Amazon Wish list

Edit: updated with a Black Friday purchased game that I now own :+1:

davidsdurions on
  • Options
    Die is cast on my own order. Bringing it round here for assemblage before sending it on. Hope I haven't picked wrong!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Die is cast on my own order. Bringing it round here for assemblage before sending it on. Hope I haven't picked wrong!

Same.

I hope my Santee appreciates the amount of stalking I had to do to get this correct.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Same.

I hope my Santee appreciates the amount of stalking I had to do to get this correct.

jungleroomx, better known as - "hey! you in the bushes!"

sig.gif
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    y'all firing early this year!

Here is my list:

FBHmbvq.png
    - Decorations, displays etc that sit on shelves and have to be dusted. We have a small apartment now and have needed to pare down dramatically!
    - physical books
    - single-use kitchen gadgets
    - pots, pans, stirring implements, etc - I'm all set (mostly from previous secret santas!)
    - movies or music on physical media

VnB1ZV8l.png
    - Here's my steam wishlist! https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/id/spool32/#sort=order
    - A case or something to store the vive headset in
    - I still cook a lot, but I had to abandon my spice collection when we moved so even most basics are missing right now. All I have is salt, black pepper, cinnamon, chili powder, and cayenne pepper...
    - some kitchen things are still needed! Particularly I seem to need the mixing paddle for my very large kitchenaid mixer - it vanished in the move (along with the dough hook...).
    - Recipe books are about the only physical media I still use at this point, so I'm down for anything interesting or challenging.
    - we're doing a combination of art deco and mid-mod in the apartment, so wall art in that vein (especially with muted blues and greys) would probably work in here
    - I love Iron Man, especially stuff in the MCU vein. Tony Stark is my hero!
    - I am Pinny Arcade obsessed. You literally cannot go wrong in this area, duplicates are fine, this is easy mode.
    - I love D&D! The only books I own are the sword coast one and the monster manual
    - I would like a bitchin (i.e. comfortable on my shoulder) leather strap for my converted Fender Rockband Guitar
    - anything regionally fun or interesting to consume is welcome :)

are you a baller and / or a shotcaller?
    - We need a soundbar for the TV, we left our audio setup back in Texas. Must have an optical connector
    - same with my PC audio, left it for the boys back in Texas
    - a Phillips hue hub! yes.

spool32 on
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Several santees haven't posted a list yet! Get on it people!!

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Shots fired! Shots fired!

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

They get coal

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

They get coal

The more coal, the more coal jobs in West Virginia

Trump promised to bring back coal

By the transitive property, not posting your list makes Trump more popular

Don’t do this, y’all

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Gifts purchased, package is being prepared but not shipped yet.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Gifts ordered online should be arriving here in a few days, where they will be classed up and packaged with the few I got here and fired off to their intended target.

• Options
    Gift delivery routed to current location for reloading and preparation for bombardment.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    GIFTS FIRED

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I just want to let everyone that isn't really on the ball with this, its ok, there are dozens of us, DOZENS!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I just want to let everyone that isn't really on the ball with this, its ok, there are dozens of us, DOZENS!

This is me most years, but this year I was inspired. XD

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I have like 90% of the gift assembled and I’m debating if I should get one more little thing or just fire away.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Gifts fired!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    today is payday

do you all know what that means?

one of you fuckers about to be shot with some festive spirit

(first package will arrive Saturday with more detail)

• Options
    Anarchy Rules!Anarchy Rules! Registered User regular
    I have been under the weather for the past week and managed to miss that a package had turned up in my flat's pigeon hole.

My Santa continued their generosity and sent me the card game Avalon - I'm looking forward to playing this when I can speak again!

Thank you!

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Amazon did the thing where they're like "Oh yea, totally we're gonna have both of these things there by a certain date. Yup."

And then "Oh you wanted them to get there together? Well it's gonna be like another week on <Y>."

So a word to my Santee: wash your gift-receiver and wait!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    There's a craft fair this weekend where I'm hoping to grab some goods. Hope my santee likes polygonal animal art and artisan soap.

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    GIFTS FIRED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvHHkloYPQE

Direct hit!

vw2yx7mxj32k.jpg

Stuff I hadn't even heard of! Awesome! Thanks!