As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ALL-BLACK THE [FASHION THREAD]

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Yeah the tailoring is neat on those but if I'm dropping that kinda cash I'd rather it be on a good leather jacket

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Yeah the tailoring is neat on those but if I'm dropping that kinda cash I'd rather it be on a good leather jacket

Yeah. Honestly same.

I want a real leather bomber jacket at some point.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »

Yeah. Honestly same.

I want a real leather bomber jacket at some point.

When I bought it they were selling them without the custom tailoring so I only paid 375. It is not worth 800. To be honest none of their jackets are. The pockets are all silk and they were ripped when I got them. Also instead of using red denim they dyed it after the fact and it is incredibly easy to wash off. It will not come off on me or my stuff but if I wet it and then rub it with a wash cloth it will come off. It is excellent denim but they cut some corners that show once you have worn it for a while.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Speaking of scifi jackets, I rmember someone here eyeing that Gosling Blade Runner coat. Did that amount to buying it? I'd love to hear opinions on that one.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want a fancy vest and a new dress shirt and a neckerchief and or bolo tie...

Why yes I have been playing a lot of cowboy game... Why do you ask?

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Speaking of scifi jackets, I rmember someone here eyeing that Gosling Blade Runner coat. Did that amount to buying it? I'd love to hear opinions on that one.

That was probably me, but no, I haven't ponied up just yet

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    On one hand I was sad that I checked this Black Friday sale at 7pm and apparently it started at 5pm so the selvedge jacket I wanted was gone

On the other hand I shouldn’t buy shit for Black Friday just cuz it’s on sale because I really don’t need more things

I was browsing clothes and kept tempting myself with expensive things

I shouldn’t

poo
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    scored a ring coat off grailed

YTW3L68l.jpg

dude didn't clean the pockets out so it also came with some ticket stubs to universal studios japan and receipts i can't read hell yeah

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    hello fashion friends

last week i got back from a trip that coincided with my sister visiting
    which means i now have three new purses because that's how my sis roll
    one of the pretty:
    s-l500.jpg
    most Vera Bradley patterns are Way Too Busy for me, so that one is kinda unusual in its appeal. even that one makes it hard to see the large outside pocket that i apparently prefer on purses. and, yes, i stuck my large shawl project in that bag to test its usefulness because that is just a criteria for my life: how will knitting integrate with thing? it'll be a good everyday carry, i think. i also got a belt/hip bag in the same pattern because my two-decade old Sanrio version has shed all of the PVC on its exterior and looks ratty as hell -- i kinda want to machine wash said decrepit thing to see if that somehow improves its state...

the other tote that nicely fit the shawl but the straps cut into my shoulders a bit so maybe it's more a Want to Look Classy Yet Need to Haul Shit Around Briefly bag:
    nine-west--Gaya-Tote.jpeg
    nine-west--Gaya-Tote.jpeg
    pockets pockets pockets! so pretty, so spacious.
    the searing pain from those straps definitely influenced the VB purchase.
    and the zipper is a real pita, but it is nice to have the option.
    i wish both totes had the option for crossbody straps, but enh.

did y'all know outlet malls have crazy discounts. *facetious* there were some fuckin' bonkers discounts for Veteran's Day. (i don't do marathon shopping except when someone's on vacation, apparently. i never want to repeat my years-ago low-key freakout over trying to choose a Pendleton blanket as Indian rite of passage/Branson souvenir. in retrospect, that incident of extended fretting heavily signifies the ADD... i now deliberately try to research before i shop so i don't get overwhelmed by choice and lost in a fog. and outlet malls are all about the mystery deals, so not really conducive to that m.o.)

lfchwLd.jpg
    oops i asked my mom to assist me with hand washing when i was home for thanksgiving, cuz i’m me and didn't know where things in the house were etc, and i'm a dumb child

and i was like i have to use cold cold water and she made it a bit warm and i was like it’s too warm so i made it a bit colder
    she was all, it's fine, and i was like okay, and let it soak in that for a tad, and rinsed it in super cold water. but i shoulda just used cold cold for soaking it cuz it did shrink my $$$$ shirt a bit more than i had hoped.

but my fault, shoulda just done it myself, you know, as an "adult"

still fits fine enough, just a bit tighter in some places than i would have preferred

why do i revert to being a dumb child etc about some things when i'm home, and why am i bad about laundry and things sometimes

poo
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Unofficial hair thread, does anyone have good strategies for dealing with longer curlieish hair? My youngest daughter has gorgeous but curly/wavy hair that tangles up when you look at it and we're having a devil of a time maintaining it without a lot of tears.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2018
    Cutting it short is frankly the easiest solution, until she gets older and can deal better with the brushing

Using something like coconut oil after you wash it could help, but if it's fine hair that might weigh it down and feel greasy. Ditto leaving in a smidge of conditioner.

tynic on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Unofficial hair thread, does anyone have good strategies for dealing with longer curlieish hair? My youngest daughter has gorgeous but curly/wavy hair that tangles up when you look at it and we're having a devil of a time maintaining it without a lot of tears.

Leave a little conditioner in her hair after washing, and add a small amount of "antifrizz" serum to the lengths, and let it air dry.

I have long wavy hair, and even though it's not super curly like your daughter's, these two things help my hair tangle much less and stay manageable. Hope that helps!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I'm gonna go with my standard suggestion for all children's hair: battle mohawk.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Thanks everybody. It's not crazy out of control but it's different from my wife's (mine is always buzzed close so I'm no help) and we've been trying to figure out what to do. Pic of the offending hair in the spoiler.
    43143869_2305137819501950_655344118821552128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=8f712a91d8bc8d72e8fed4120903381f&oe=5C72CA82

@NightDragon 's suggestion should work well on that type of hair.
    I was picturing something, uh. Considerably less ruly.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Something more tynic-esque?

BahamutZERO.gif
    I struggled to find the right way to describe it because on the whole spectrum of hair it's not so bad but it's been a real challenge for us and for her. It's definitely curlier when it's shorter and less so when it gets longer.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of hair

I wish my beard was thicker on my cheeks, specifically the right side

I want a short buzz on top and have my beard sideburns area like faded into a longer length as it gets closer to my chin

But I don't think the right side is thick enough to do that

Actually mine doesn't tangle (because it's wizard hair), but I have friends who had extremely fine, delicate, ringlet-y hair as children, and the description of their brushing battles sounded horrifying.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Tynic's hair doesn't tangle because it's sentient and smart enough not to.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I have thick hair with a decent amount of natural curl and sometimes I also have a devil of a time managing it without a lot of tears.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Actually mine doesn't tangle (because it's wizard hair), but I have friends who had extremely fine, delicate, ringlet-y hair as children, and the description of their brushing battles sounded horrifying.

I was one of those growing up. The only thing that worked was playing with my hair a lot and working my fingers through tangles as they cropped up.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    My mom only ever combed my hair (no brushes) when wet and with a little conditioner still in, and then put it up or let it dry naturally.

And now as an adult I just don’t comb or brush my hair at all! I use my fingers to detangle gently in the shower with a ton of conditioner maybe twice a week.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    Thanks everybody. It's not crazy out of control but it's different from my wife's (mine is always buzzed close so I'm no help) and we've been trying to figure out what to do. Pic of the offending hair in the spoiler.
    43143869_2305137819501950_655344118821552128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=8f712a91d8bc8d72e8fed4120903381f&oe=5C72CA82

I want this shirt

Be a child and shop at Target and it can easily be yours.

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    My daughter's hair is very similar, if a bit curlier. It's been pretty decent to manage since we stopped shampooing more than like, every 6 weeks or so, and just using conditioner.

I've been meaning to ask here: I have a wide tooth comb pretty much just like this - https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516IO7h5vUL._SY355_.jpg

Is there something that would be better for her? It's the only thing we use. Everything seems like it's fine but I...didn't take great care of my hair when it was of similar length to hers and my wife's isn't curly so I just wonder if I'm overlooking something.

That kind of comb is usually pretty good for curly hair, if she's not complaining that it's painful and you're not getting split ends then it's fine.

• grrmushagrrmusha Registered User regular
    I have thick hair and only use brushes like Tangle Teezer and Macadamia no tangle brush. Everything else pulls my brains out and gives me a headache.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I saw this on twitter and just for a moment got extremely excited that somebody is making William Gibson clothes

turns out they're not, it's just quotes, but one day...

https://www.are.na/malte-muller/patternmaker-recognition

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I remember very little of Pattern Recognition but somehow I do remember the Rickson's

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    oh hey the fashion thread

i got a couple of denim things on black friday
    y7kLA3El.jpg
    QKkhGQsl.jpg
    B9P54CIl.jpg

too lazy to crop out my stupid fuckin face in the first pic 🤷‍♂️

EzUAYcn.png
    edited November 2018
    I wish I’d been in the city during Black Friday

Denim store I have a bunch of store credit at from a return had a rare sale oops

Also I’m buying too much shit recently slow down
    (And yet I look at this stupid expensive jacket I just saw on Instagram and say hmmmm)

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    That jacket is awesome!

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    One of the better looking haircuts I've had in a while

IMG-20181203-194224.jpg

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I got a nice haircut, too:

34p11ywygq24.jpg

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    You gents are looking good.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i haven't had a haircut in a few weeks! i look like a mess! no pic, just imagine it please

f2ojmwh3geue.png