As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Botbots are out now?

Sheeit

I found them on Amazon, still waiting to see them in stores.
    that sunstreaker repaint looks pretty fresh

and the botbots look better than i was expecting. the photos previously made them look kinda terrible to me but they seem decent

Yeah they are a lot better than I thought seeing the original photos. They so are going to make Hasbro a ton of money.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Nothing wrong with third party figures.

Well there is when they're actually shit (FT Rouge). But they can also be pretty neat (MMC Azalea).

Either way do upload some pics if you can :mrgreen:

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    We’ve been checking around for botbots for the little one and no dice. Saw the ones on Amazon but realized if we wanted to get more than one pack at a time we might have ended up with 2 or 3 of the same assortment.

• Options
    @Heatwave Man, I missed your post with pics of your Azalea Stealth. I'm so glad that you finally got her. Love the poses and look of the toy (and a bit jealous of her). Maybe one day I'll manage to pick one up after someone is tired of her for my collection.

Cool, here are my photos of the two 3Ps (third parties) that I picked up. Been reading about these things for a while and never considered them. Picked up DX9 D11 Richtofen (Powerglide) first as an experiment to see what the big deal is about these things are. Yeah, that is a rabbit hole I should have not continued down because I saw the X-Transbots MX-17 Savant (Skids) and bought him next.

Powerglide was my ultimate toy growing up. I loved the A-10 and once I discovered that is what Powerglide was somewhat modeled after he became my favorite. Luckily a relative got him for me so I never had to "wish" for it. Played with him forever and think he's all loose now from all the love I gave him. So when I wanted to gamble on trying a 3P toy out he was my first choice. Plus he came with a small figure of Astoria which made it that much better. I was hesitant on picking him up since there are a lot of reviews saying that there was a bad second batch where they had to send out repair kits, but luckily the third batch was fixed and it seems I got the third batch. Only have one complaint with the toy which is that his left ankle is a bit loose but will try that floor stuff on it to stiffen it up one of these days. Overall he is a great toy and I love transforming him all the time now. Went and bought some repolabels to make him look "real" with an Autobot logo (which I forgot to take a photo of).
    powerglide1.jpg
    powerglide2.jpg
    powerglide3.jpg

Skids, yeah well I hated him growing up. He was one of the few Transformers that both my brother and I had. For some reason I felt he was a crap bot since both of us got one. But over time he grew on me and you could do some crazy transformations with him. Plus he had all these cool gimmicky weapons (missile launcher, twin laser gun and laser rifle) that actually would fit on his forearms rather than hold in a fist (or other toys if they fit). Plus if you "broke" off his torso you can turn him into a hovering sentry! Then in my teenage years I found that he had his own comic where a woman fell in love with him (Marvel comics featuring Charlene) and died of laughter at that. A while ago I found some real Transformers comic pages being sold and bought a few from that issue. Missed the opportunity to have THE page where Charlene is washing him, but at least I got some from that issue. Flash forward to last month and I discover that 3P made a Masterpiece sized Skids. Yeah I had to buy him just for that.

So the toy is really fun to transform (although a pain trying to get him back into car mode due to his legs having to be a "perfect" position). His left arm is a bit loose but seems to be easily fixed (some people are getting good ones). The tires are rubber which is neat to me and I love how he looks exactly like the cartoon look (there is no way anybody can match the Marvel comics look since they keep on messing with his arm lengths). My only complaint is that his face (actually his mouth) seems to be gone due to the thick paint layer on it. This is easily fixed with a mechanical pencil (which I forgot to do before my photos). Now I just have wait for someone to make a Charlene to go with him and it'll be perfect. What is cooler is that X-Transbots is making the mold into a "You're Under Arrest" paint scheme version with two "female figures" to go with it. Yeah, I'm so going to want that as well since I loved YUA. Oh yeah, one of the photos I tried to recreate a panel from the comic where Ravage is "hunting" down Skids. I just need to use Photoshop and see if I can cut out the MP Ravage and "Skids" to replace them in the comic panel now.
    skids1.jpg
    skids2.jpg
    skids3.jpg
    skids4.jpg
    skids5.jpg
    skids6.jpg
    skids7.jpg
    ravage_skids.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    We’ve been checking around for botbots for the little one and no dice. Saw the ones on Amazon but realized if we wanted to get more than one pack at a time we might have ended up with 2 or 3 of the same assortment.

From what people discovered buying them from Amazon, there are 2 different Techie Team assortments and 3 Toilet Troops assortments (aka the blind bot and different "sets").

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Great pics!

I always had a soft spot for Powerglide myself as kid and treasure the basic generations/combiner wars figure.

Skids never really appealed to me growing up, but the IDW character did. I'd really like to see MMC /Ocular Maxdo a MP scale figure of that character.

With regards to MMC /Ocular MaxAzalea Stealth, I do recommend getting one if you can find it for sale. It's super fun. It can't do the perfect splits though but it can still pull off a lot of great poses.

It was a bit tricky getting the chest locked in though., You need to apply a bit of force to get it on the tabs inside the torso. Also the backpack pylons need to be raised all the way up before you can lock them in place. I've seen some review where they've just the pylons loose, but the trick if by raising the up on the metal pin, you make room for a little tab to slide in place when you swivel them back.

Anyway due to how much I liked this figure I ended up ordering the regular pink version. I noticed they released an addon pack for their Overlord figure, so hopefully MMC /Ocular Max release a add-on pack with the crazy face and some swords for regular Azalea.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Flame toys is going to be making a non transforming officially licensed mtmte/LL Megatron. Depending on the price I may get it

• Options
    I want a MP Scale Transforming version of that Megatron.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »

Has he ever transformed? I am only up to
    Where he gets left behind on rung-world

So maybe he does after?

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Heatwave wrote: »

Has he ever transformed? I am only up to
    Where he gets left behind on rung-world

So maybe he does after?

I mainly want one because he's my favourite iteration of G1 Megatron and also I can't have a Megatron that turns into a realistic gun in my country :P
    And since I'm mainly just collecting MP scale TFs these days it'd be good to have a G1 looking Megatron in this scale.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Maketoys Quantron is $160 on BBTS

I think I might finally buy it, I've always waffled back and forth, but I don't know if I can say no to that price

Also, holy shit, Maketoys Buster Stealthwing is preordered so hard. It's gonna look sooooo goooood on Striker Noir:
    combine-with-noir.jpg

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Maketoys Quantron is $160 on BBTS

I think I might finally buy it, I've always waffled back and forth, but I don't know if I can say no to that price

Also, holy shit, Maketoys Buster Stealthwing is preordered so hard. It's gonna look sooooo goooood on Striker Noir:
    combine-with-noir.jpg

Yeah that thing is goddamn sexy

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Quantron is also $110 at TFSource https://tfsource.com/make-toys/quantron/

And damn that Buster Stealthwing looks so good.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Well, $110

I don't think I can say no to that

Free shipping with orders $150+ huh, guess I gotta spend more

I've always wanted to get that Armageddon add-on kit for Year of the Something Omega Supreme, and $35 is actually reasonable for it, but dang, that's still not $150 total

Guess I'll get this Newage Critter a.k.a. Bugbite for $24, dang I hate myself

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Tempted to pick up the Shockwave on BBTS.

Edit: Just pulled the trigger on him. I was sort of on the fence for the 29+ deeper purple but the price tag was better for me. If the deeper purple one goes cheaper later on I probably will swap out for it.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to share this. Finally got around to photoshoping in my MP Ravage and Savant (Skids) into a comic page that I have the original inked version.
    transformers_20.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh, that's neat

• Options
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Well can't you cancel your DNA kit and get this one when it comes out instead? I was looking up the DNA kit and saw it looks better overall (more stuff) but hasn't come out yet.

Also I picked up a Studio Series Dropkick this weekend because I loved the Cobra mode. Was playing with him last night and realized it does not have any Decepticon logo on him. So was thinking of sticking an Autobot logo on and calling it Whirl.

Edit: Just saw this. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079VNNGM5/ PotP Prediking for Amazon Cyber Monday deal for $95.99.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Actually going to be getting both as there doesn't seem to be any major compatibility issues.

The DNA design wings, hands and sword look nice, and the Shockwave Lab back filler piece should still be able to attach on Divebomb if I wanted to do so.

I wouldn't be able to use the DNA design back filler or Shockwave Lab spiked knuckles though.

Which is not a big deal considering I wasn't a fan of the DNA design back filler anyway (since it looks like a penis and balls). And the knuckles aren't a huge loss.

Just waiting for the preorders to open

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah that back "filler" was the worst decision ever. The new kit makes a better one.

So on Thursday I'll get my Predaking and see how good/bad he really is.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I still have not opened mine. All this time I was waiting for the filler.

Might as well open it on the weekend so I don't have an unopened parcel laying about

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Sooo, anybody jumping on the $450 (estimated) Optimus Prime V3? I like that he might transform into Starscream! Or at least look like the episode where Starscream posed as Optimus Prime.

Waiting to see if we'll see photos of him in the December 10th book release.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I have been thinking about getting an MP prime but fuck no for $450. I can understand the value provided but I can't spend that much on it

• Options
    I just realized that the number is MP-44 which means no Hound till after that. Plus the slow increase in price of the MPs to Prime.

I'm personally on the fence for him. Will have to wait and see what he looks like and even then will have to think long and hard about the pre-order. If there is enough of a discount I might jump on it. Otherwise might wait till after he's been shelf warming for a while.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Where are you guys seeing the price for MP Prime 3.0?

*edit* Found it on BBTS. Holy shit. I will just continue to love my Shattered Glass Optimus Prime 2.0 and my OG 1.0 versions.

Heffling on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I was also wondering about it (in general), and just got the BBTS newsletter with MP Prime 3.0 as one of the feature items, with that price listing.

I mean, he looks good, but I'm struggling to figure out what could possibly make him be worth that price. Maybe if he transformed into an actual, life-size truck?

• Options
    That pricetag is wacky. No thank you at all. I've never paid that much for a single figure. The closest is threezero's original FullMetal Ghost, which is huge

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    allegedly it is because of all the accessories like the trailer, roller, the starscream gimmick etc. i get it but like i said before i can't justify it currently.

allegedly many of the japanese sites are running 30%+ discounts on preorders which is a sizable discount....but still

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I'd certainly like to get but but 50000 yen is about $640AUD after GST, and that doesn't even include shipping.

I'm all the asian sites like HLJ and OMP give this a 30% discount because that price is just way too damn.

Maybe this is just a mistake and that the 50000 yen price is for 2 copies in a single carton

EDIT: For anyone who has MP Ironhide or Ratchet, the shadow fisher update kits are available again on ebay for an alright price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-SF-M04-MP30-ambulance-fittings-bag/113406086781?hash=item1a67878e7d:g:MgMAAOSwMI1b~fPx:rk:5:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-toy-ShadowFisher-SFM-03-upgrade-Kit-for-MP-27-G1-Ironhide-New-insto/113406086072?epid=2254402915&hash=item1a67878bb8:g:CIEAAOSwlelb~fLD:rk:2:pf:0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shadow-Fisher-MP27-ironhide-MP30-ratchet-kits-SFM-03-04-action-figures/183557716634?hash=item2abce47a9a:m:m6wDmRpB_Dz2qj4TpYcBMyw:rk:3:pf:0

Seriously, if you have this figures do yourself a favor and get these kits. It turns a mediocre toy into a near perfect figures. How Takara didn't think of this design is beyond me.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Speaking of Shadow Fisher, I guess now that I have Quantron coming in, I need to get that Shadow Fisher kit. Anyone know if it's available anywhere still?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    There is a part of me that wants to get the conversion kits, but I like my TFs stock (for now). Might buy one of the sets since there is a discount today and just hold onto them in case I change my mind later on.

As for the Optimus Prime. I'm going to wait to see how nice it looks outside of the prototype before I make my decision. Might jump on an Amazon Japan pre-order then cancel if I don't like it (if it is as cheap of a discount as everybody talks about).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I saw last night that TFW2005 has a purported list of accessories for MP Optimus 3.0, and like... it's cool, it's a lot of accessories there, but not so many and not ones so interesting that they'd justify the price tag.

• Options
    Big Bad Toy Store put up colored photos of MP-44. I really love his look, still want to see his truck mode. But this is the closest I have seen to a cartoon looking Optimus Prime for me. I like my MP-04 but his truck mode leaves me wanting more. MP-10 is great in truck mode and bot mode, but the collapsible gun bugs me to no end for some reason.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/84183

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    The truck mode is actually in those photos, too - just keep scrolling.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    The truck mode is actually in those photos, too - just keep scrolling.

Ah yeah thanks! Somehow I missed it when I first spotted them.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I hope this crashes the price on MP-10 so I can pick one up (with trailer) for cheap.

• Options
    Why the hell hasn't my TFSource order shipped yet? I want my Quantron, that was like a week ago !

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    I hope this crashes the price on MP-10 so I can pick one up (with trailer) for cheap.

If anything there will be a lot of sales from other collectors I'm sure.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.