As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Troubled Tidings in Threshold Town[Phalla]- Finished Masters and Coroner Victory

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    There is vote manip in this game btw

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Yes I work for Central Intelligence, I know that. Even when I'm home with my beautiful daughter at night.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The town had its first execution in over a three decades last night. After vigorous debate all day and a lengthy vote count by the mayoral aides JPants was grabbed by guards and taken from their home and to the town square. I'm not really sure why I am reporting on this, as the whole town was in attendance for the event. After the axe fell, the town seemed to be in a better mood, trusting in the mayors wise judgement in mob rule.

Taking credit for it today, a Day Bursar cited the fact the murders had stopped. Having interviewed the local coroners it was indicated no new bodies were found this morning. Though, there are many reports of odd goings on last night, and sounds and evidence of violence were noticed. To be on the safe side the Werewolf clause is still in effect.

Sometime early this morning, someone had written a message in paint on the side of the court house. "My father often tells me I am a disappointment of a son". It is unclear as of now who wrote this or what they could mean.

In lighter news, the towns only Reverse Fortune Teller has predicted that all of yesterday, the Day shift was in favor. She also predicts the local Threshold Doormats would have had a difficult time against the Kalm Monks in last nights basketball game. The Doormats had already lost the game several hours earlier 87 to 104.

I'm sorry, this has just come in, an urgent message from our great mayor. We take you live to Morning Proclaimer

"please don't kill lucedes.
    do whatever else you like, i don't really care.
    I have no strong feelings one way or another!
    Sincerely, the mayor"

And now, the weather...

Dead
    JPants - Vote

Night one is over, Day two has begun.

Bluecyan on
    That just makes me want to kill Lucedes...

Steam profile
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Looks like the nightly results are not going to be the best way to get information about what's going on.

edited November 2018
    Okay, maybe I shouldn't post when I've just woken up and I'm waiting for my kid's breakfast to be ready. There's actually a ton of information in the results, but I have no idea what to make of it.

The Mayor doesn't want Lucedes killed. Could be for any number of reasons. I find it hard to believe the Mayor can just re-direct the vote at will. When I have a longer break at work I'll go through the votes again to see if the vote count was close enough to reasonably suspect vote manipulation (which I can confirm does exist) caused JPants' death.

Day shift was in favor yesterday. Maybe a different shift will be in favor today? Don't know what that could mean.

No faction results is curious. It would make sense if someone has the ability to get more information about dead players.

Locus on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Locus wrote: »
    Okay, maybe I shouldn't post when I've just woken up and I'm waiting for my kid's breakfast to be ready. There's actually a ton of information in the results, but I have no idea what to make of it.

The Mayor doesn't want Lucedes killed. Could be for any number of reasons. I find it hard to believe the Mayor can just re-direct the vote at will. When I have a longer break at work I'll go through the votes again to see if the vote count was close enough to reasonably suspect vote manipulation caused JPants' death (which I can confirm does exist).

Day shift was in favor yesterday. Maybe a different shift will be in favor today? Don't know what that could mean.

No faction results is curious. It would make sense if someone has the ability to get more information about dead players.

Only 2 votes for JPants at all. Lucedes and Sir Fabulous; 3 (possibly 4, depending on if you're counting Phoenix-D's weird one) for Lucedes from JPants, kime, and JaysonFour. So probably, yes.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I don't know why you guys are worried, the Narration clearly says the killings have stopped.

JPants was our dude.

Let's live the rest of our lives in luxury and contentment.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    Auralynx wrote: »

The Mayor doesn't want Lucedes killed. Could be for any number of reasons. I find it hard to believe the Mayor can just re-direct the vote at will. When I have a longer break at work I'll go through the votes again to see if the vote count was close enough to reasonably suspect vote manipulation caused JPants' death (which I can confirm does exist).

Only 2 votes for JPants at all. Lucedes and Sir Fabulous; 3 (possibly 4, depending on if you're counting Phoenix-D's weird one) for Lucedes from JPants, kime, and JaysonFour. So probably, yes.
    Yeah, that's well within vote manipulation range, regardless of whether Lucedes had 3 or 4 votes.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Well, at the risk of getting into trouble: I got info about JPants in my role PM that suggests he was not an especially-good place to redirect that vote.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Liar

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Yeah, that's well within vote manipulation range, regardless of whether Lucedes had 3 or 4 votes.

In a 15 person game, being able to add two votes seems extreme. I guess they could have swung a vote. Moved kime or JaysonFour's vote off Lucedes onto Jpants. But even that seems too powerful in a small game like this.

I think I'd like to start with JaysonFour since I think its more likely that him or kime have the ability to shift their vote which is what caused this.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    A new item has appeared on the ballot today. A proposal for a festival this entire weekend. No murders, no votes just a silly low stakes game to pass the time. It is a well known fact that even serial killers, werewolves, and mafia can't resist the call of a good festival. As is usual for festival votes, make sure your opinion is yelled in bold darkcyan either Yah or Nay. The mayors secret aides will hear your call where ever you are.

Please indicate if you would like the phalla game to be put on hold during the weekend (Yah) or to continue as normal (Nay). If successful a silly forum game will be there for those interested (you may opt out of that as well). The loser of the game will have a (non-detrimental) set of requirements put on them for Monday's resumption. IE must post in verse, or can't use the letter e. Specifics will be chosen by the winner (within reason).

Bluecyan on
    Liar

Nah, it's true. Whether the info I got is accurate or would've stayed that way is less clear.

But maybe Lucedes was worth saving regardless to whoever did it.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

ObiFett wrote: »
    Who has two thumbs and a win condition to find other people like them?

Just a quick reminder that this is still a thing. If you have a role like mine that has an Alternate Role Condition to find other people with your role, contact me. Super easy win, imo.

Also, you should know from your role power that it benefits us to work together. So like, contact me please?

Yah for a Festival. Silly forum game sounds like good times

Yah, festival.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    No opinion on ye olde festival but ObiFett[/b] "Hi I have a non town win condition" says he, I say put him in a hole in the ground.

I am good at formatting!

ObiFett

Like everyone in this entire game has a non town win con, dude.

I have a non town win con, wanna make something of it?

*insert Keanu meme here*

"]Yah, festival.[/quote]

Steam profile
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular

But maybe Lucedes was worth saving regardless to Lucedes

8-)
    Simplest explanation

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Yah for festival

Weekends tend to be slower

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yah, festival.

Not sure I'd want to jump right into voting Obi and his role/condition stuff, seems a little too obvious for mafia.

The vote manip onto JPants though is concerning, given the other target counts. I'll respect our Mayor (for now). kime

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    yah yah festival f'taghn!

i suspect that the vote manipulator was trying to cause a three-way tie.
    thankfully, i am the mayor, and so i survive to post another night!

kime wrote: »
    That just makes me want to kill Lucedes...

also don't do this.
    i'm going to vote for JaysonFour, because he has more votes than i do.

I think *everyone* has more votes than you do. Also does the mayor get double votes or such? Would explain the apparent vote manipulation?

nah, it even says in the OP that the mayor breaks ties.

someone moved an extra vote onto JPants, and that combined with my tiebreaker power to save me.

Phoenix-D wrote: »
    I think *everyone* has more votes than you do. Also does the mayor get double votes or such? Would explain the apparent vote manipulation?

Of course not. The mayor doesn't get to vote. The mayor gets to act on our votes. That's democracy.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Also, the vote was decided
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    After a lengthy vote count by the mayoral aides

Totally above-board, I'm sure :P

Steam profile
    Not really sure how to vote in a Neutral Dominated game without death reveals.

premium as good as any I guess.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Vote moving? Been a long time since I've seen that.

But as far as festivals go, yah, why not? (I have to do a mess of cookie baking this weekend, so this would be one less thing to worry about.)

In other votes, well... I'll throw one up for ObiFett in return. I dodn't move any votes, and your guess is as good as mine as to what is going on.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    A flirty Townie waves at the bar.

"Heeeey Sir Fabulous!

I heard you were wondering what to do in this game!
    I suuuuure do know who who I'm voting for!"

VayBJ4e.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Nah for festival

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    Death reveals exist, but not publicly.
    Not really sure how to vote in a Neutral Dominated game without death reveals.

premium as good as any I guess.

Public death reveals may not be a thing, but some of us are able to suss things out anyway.

Jpants was town. Came in all green and everything.

yeah, nope, don't believe you at all and for very very very good reasons

Phoenix-D

ObiFett wrote: »
    yeah, nope, don't believe you at all and for very very very good reasons

Phoenix-D

What're the very very very good reasons?

Steam profile