As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Troubled Tidings in Threshold Town[Phalla]- Finished Masters and Coroner Victory

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    yeah, nope, don't believe you at all and for very very very good reasons

Phoenix-D

Anyone else with a scry could confirm it. He's green.

Though now I have to wonder if you were involved in the vote manipulation? I can't see any reason to divert away day 1 unless we were about to hit someone important. Distraction play maybe but revealing that power early?

Plus you blame someone for vote manipulation when they voted for the person who would have bit it without manipulation? I don't buy it.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Phoenix-D

Though now I have to wonder if you were involved in the vote manipulation? I can't see any reason to divert away day 1 unless we were about to hit someone important. Distraction play maybe but revealing that power early?

Plus you blame someone for vote manipulation when they voted for the person who would have bit it without manipulation? I don't buy it.

I can't confirm the color-coding, but my PM told me he was village, so I'm really more on your side here than Obi's.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Phoenix-D

I don't believe you have a "scry".

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Two hour warning

kime wrote: ยป

Phoenix-D

What're the very very very good reasons?

I'm a death seer. I know how it works. There's no way he used this game's version of death seering. There are also multiple of us, so I don't care if I eat a vig or something tonight since the power will still be out there.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Could also be a thing where the murderer finds out the alignment of a person they murder.
    Or Phoniex had seered someone the night they died?

Maybe a case where that Obi and Phoniex have similar roles that operate differently due to shifts?

Phoenix-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ

VayBJ4e.png

Phoenix-D

I'm a death seer. I know how it works. There's no way he used this game's version of death seering. There are also multiple of us, so I don't care if I eat a vig or something tonight since the power will still be out there.

Spoiler alert: Either there is more than one death seer type or you aren't actually a death seer.

(Also it's her)

Could also be a thing where the murderer finds out the alignment of a person they murder.

Maybe a case where that Obi and Phoniex have similar roles that operate differently due to shifts?

Phoenix-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5mtclwloEQ

Jpants died to the vote, not a night murder.

..unless he was a zombie and got murdered AGAIN I dunno :P

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Phoenix-D

The shift thing is definitely possible, but again, my PM explicitly told me JPants was a villager, which is why I was saying the redirect onto him was a bad call earlier.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yeah, Obi, sounds like it's time to back up :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Yeah, Obi, sounds like it's time to back up :P

Just because Aura knew from his role PM that JPants was a villager, doesn't clear Phoenix trying to say they are also a death scry

in a game of 15 people

of which I already know at least 2 others are also death scrys

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I don't think that explains how Phoenix would know Jpants was village since there are apparently plenty of neutrals floating around

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Behold, my avatar has transformed for this phalla.

I am now the bare-chested leathery guitarist of Right Said Fred.
    I care not to learn their name, but you can call me Virgil.

VayBJ4e.png
    edited November 2018
    I don't think that explains how Phoenix would know Jpants was village since there are apparently plenty of neutrals floating around

Aura made this post much earlier in the day
    Well, at the risk of getting into trouble: I got info about JPants in my role PM that suggests he was not an especially-good place to redirect that vote.

Which is where everyone basically got their info that Jpants was village after the fact.

Phoenix trying to imply they are a death seer makes no sense in a game this small with a role that already exists out there in multiple people's hands that actually death seers.

ObiFett on
    Yeah, I can neither confirm nor deny the virtue of Phoenix-D's info, just that it's accurate to what I myself got told.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This will be tricky to untangle publicly without death information.

What is the vote count at?

I have to work late in the library tonight. Try and get some more information. These books are broken. I should call home. Maybe home should call me.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

Who has two thumbs and a win condition to find other people like them?

Just a quick reminder that this is still a thing. If you have a role like mine that has an Alternate Role Condition to find other people with your role, contact me. Super easy win, imo.

Also, you should know from your role power that it benefits us to work together. So like, contact me please?

I'm trying to square this here circle.
    You earlier said that there would be a benifit for others that share your role to work together because of your powers, but now you said your power is death seer. I don't see how 2 death seers synergise.
    Does this mean that you lied earlier or does it mean you have multiple powers?
    I'm also currently confused why a professed neutral (who claims to have an early exit, no less) is working so hard trying to expose someone here

Leave those books behind, and join my gang, 38th!

Leave the Defending of Earth to the squares and nerds,
    and kick it with me at Dino's

VayBJ4e.png
    Who has two thumbs and a win condition to find other people like them?

Just a quick reminder that this is still a thing. If you have a role like mine that has an Alternate Role Condition to find other people with your role, contact me. Super easy win, imo.

Also, you should know from your role power that it benefits us to work together. So like, contact me please?

I'm trying to square this here circle.
    You earlier said that there would be a benifit for others that share your role to work together because of your powers, but now you said your power is death seer. I don't see how 2 death seers synergise.
    Does this mean that you lied earlier or does it mean you have multiple powers?
    I'm also currently confused why a professed neutral (who claims to have an early exit, no less) is working so hard trying to expose someone here

It means what I said. My death seering power benefits by working with the other death seers. And one has already got in contact with me.

Yeah, I guess I should try and stop helping the village since I'm a neutral. :rotate:

So you know the dude is super dead and super what faction or what

hrm what's the count? The spreadsheet last page isn't updated.

Steam profile
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Nearing the end of the day, most ballots cast, but a few sheets still sit on the table bearing the names:

@Auralynx @jdarksun @Egos @Locus @38thDoe @premium @kime

Sir Fabulous still seems suspicious to me.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I think Obi is confused, not evil. Sir Fab

Steam profile
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    24oppcs6rxco.gif

VayBJ4e.png
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Obifett . To break what I think is a tie. Also Phoenix D reads as more trustworthy , but I'm a bit biased :/

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Mandatory voting? I thought this was America!

ObiFett

Egos wrote: ยป
    Obifett . To break what I think is a tie. Also Phoenix D reads as more trustworthy , but I'm a bit biased :/

The helmet is a dead giveaway.

(Ignore the eye patch)

ObiFett

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Locus wrote: ยป
    Mandatory voting? I thought this was America!

ObiFett
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwgkbAGGORU

I don't really care since ive got my role win condition covered. Good luck village. I'm telling the truth, keep an eye on Phoenix.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thank for the vote count jerks. Its broken. ObiFett Night shift now?

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

The doors to the capitol building close as the vote ends.

We wait in anxious silence for the results of the vote. A large group of the citizenry stand here with me. The results here could very well shape the fate of this town. One of the aides has just emerged from a tube connected to the labyrinthine madness that eventually reaches the mayors secret underground bunker. He appears to have the proclamation. YES it is! And we finally have our answer... There will be a festival this weekend. Attached was a message from the Mayor

"dearest citizens,
    the murders have clearly stopped.
    let's have a festival!"

Remember to sign up for the festival today by yelling "opt in" in darkcyan or "opt out" if you would prefer to be left out. No penalty nor boon will befall you either way but we would prefer people semi-active over the weekend.

Hopefully this will ameliorate the tragedy from last night. Three dead when things just seemed to be turning around. We now go back to or political correspondent for analysis of last nights deaths. Many in the town had voiced concerns about corruption and aide manipulation on the first night, and it seems that was a rousing call. While it is unclear what the final vote tally was, there was a large surge of support against ObiFett in the last hour. For the second night in a row, the entire town had come out to give their vote.

The motives for the other deaths are less certain, but their manner was recently confirmed. Virgil_Leads_You had numerous cuts and bites over their body, while none fatal, the sheer quantity meant he died quite quickly. Auralynx had received a single concussive blow to the back of the head. The force was strong enough to crack the skull, and the police are looking for some heavy blunt object as the murder weapon. The police psychic responded they had predicted this: On nights that favor the Afternoon shift, murders are shown to be on the rise.

On the side of the execution grounds today, more graffiti had been painted this time spelling out "I wanted to be an Assassin when I grew up but they said I was too talkative!". The ramblings of an unstable mind or code? We asked people on the street...

Dead
    ObiFett - Vote
    Auralynx - Internal Bleeding
    Virgil_Leads_You - External Bleeding

Night two is over, Day three has begun.

OOooooOOO
    k0xxbkhqcwq0.png
    OOooooOOO

VayBJ4e.png
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Really glad a giant suspicious counterwagon saved me at the last second.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i love festivals, my dear unmurdered citizens.

i will opt in!

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Opt in!

So yesterday was the Afternoon shift, and the day before was the Day shift. Presumably tonight will be the Night shift. Seems like there might not be anyone with a kill on the Day shift. Guess we'll see what the Night shift brings.

Virgil's death was probably mafia, considering we're in the Werewolf Protocol. Auralynx's death was probably vigilante. Or a second mafia. Or a serial killer. But I'm going to assume vigilante.