As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2018 - Gifting complete!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I mean, it’s not like it’s a secret code or anything, just a couple pairs of items that connect thematically and half of each pair is not shipped yet

Also by mentioning this my Satanee will hopefully figure out who their gift is from because I was so excited to get it ordered that I forgot to actually put my forum name in any of the notes

If it's me... I know your real name.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I mean, it’s not like it’s a secret code or anything, just a couple pairs of items that connect thematically and half of each pair is not shipped yet

Also by mentioning this my Satanee will hopefully figure out who their gift is from because I was so excited to get it ordered that I forgot to actually put my forum name in any of the notes

Yeah, there was a year where I tried to reveal myself by sending gifts that lined up to my name.

A Poster, Extreme candy, Rocketfish cable... and so on. But then stuff arrived out of order. And some stuff didn’t have the letter-defining note after customs got through with it. And something else went wrong that I forget now. And yeah, it ended up a big ole mess.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

Yeah, there was a year where I tried to reveal myself by sending gifts that lined up to my name.

A Poster, Extreme candy, Rocketfish cable... and so on. But then stuff arrived out of order. And some stuff didn’t have the letter-defining note after customs got through with it. And something else went wrong that I forget now. And yeah, it ended up a big ole mess.

My Satan is Peepee?

I don't know who that is but thanks!

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    On one hand I haven't done any stalking, buying, or baking because I've been spending too much time at work. On the other hand, my next check will be nearly double the usual amount so you know what that means!
    Bills. It means I can pay bills.
    Also Satan stuff.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I arrived home today and was immediately overcome by the feeling that something wasn't... right.

Immediately I checked each room, wary of potential intruders. But my search uncovered no hidden individuals intent on harming or robbing me.

It must just be stress, I thought. Maybe I'm dehydrated. I got changed and went to the fridge to have a glass of water. Still the feeling remained; a low uncertain gnawing, an unfathomable malice.

Then I noticed it, just out of the corner of my eye. Shapes. On my office chair.

A moment passed and I began to approach the shapes, but still did not dare look at them in full. I walked, as if of a will foreign to my own, every step drawn forth by something somewhere, a force that shouldn't exist, a force that has always existed.

I stood a mere foot from the objects, my body no longer my own, before my eyes succumbed to the same power that had guided my feet moments before.

My eyes were forced down and I beheld two vessels, and they were beautiful and terrible, and they shone with the light of eternity, knowledge and nothingness.
    z4y2683t90es.jpg

I searched for a note or tag but didn't find anything, but thank you so much anyway, mystery Satan of mine!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    GIFTS HAVE ARRIVED IN MY DOMICILE
    A09JnmTl.jpg

@kadith - currently 2/3 and 3/3 have arrived, but I'm not sure if I should open these without gift 1/3! I'm holding off for now but it's SO HARD!

Brolo on
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    GIFTS HAVE ARRIVED IN MY DOMICILE
    A09JnmTl.jpg

@kadith - currently 2/3 and 3/3 have arrived, but I'm not sure if I should open these without gift 1/3! I'm holding off for now but it's SO HARD!

I'm really glad I decided to put numbers on them, because Amazon also fucked me on the shipping, I'd recommend waiting for 1!

zkHcp.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    The first of my hellish packages is away!

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The Amazon guy rang yesterday evening shortly after I arrived at home with my son. That was fortunate, because he loves opening packages, so I could convince him to finally take off his shoes and go wash his hands.

After tearing open the package and opening the Amazon gift bag he ran off with it, to play boat. He left me with this:
    iokf6iduhqod.jpg

So I'm gonna get fat. Also I think we read Brave New World in high school (equivalent) English, but maybe just parts of it? I definitely can't remember much, but I know I did enjoy it.

Thank you very much, @Ladybug2332 these gifts will bring a lot of enjoyment to my commute and my office!

Grobian on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Score! Peanut butter m&ms!

The best m&m's

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    The best m&m's

I don’t buy them anymore, because if they are in the house I can’t stop myself from eating them.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Are they anything like Reese's Pieces because despite not thinking much of Reese's Cups I could eat those for days

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Are they anything like Reese's Pieces because despite not thinking much of Reese's Cups I could eat those for days

Far better chocolate to peanut butter ratio in my opinion.

edited November 2018
    Fwiw we don't really have reeses (in any form) here. And those m&ms are imported from the US.

It's a barren wasteland of pb based candy here. Even the KitKat chunky was discontinued.

Grobian on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The amount of times I have awesomed something, forgotten I have awesomed it, and clicked Awesome again, only for the number to go down and my avatar to disappear from the lineup is going to increase quite a bit coming to this thread everyday to new gift posts.

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I woke up to a package from Satan this morning! I think anyways! It's addressed to me, but doesn't have my user name, and there is no note otherwise indicating that it is from Satan but I digress...
    DPBCj5Fl.jpg
    9Hzsmmyl.jpg
    uD3F7fdl.jpg
    HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS!!!

I have wanted an arm ring for the longest time, and I haven't been able to get one because of adulting and responsibilities. This is so fucking cool.

Thank you Satan, if it was in fact you. And if it wasn't, thank you to whoeverthefuck you are! I love you!!

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    I woke up to a package from Satan this morning! I think anyways! It's addressed to me, but doesn't have my user name, and there is no note otherwise indicating that it is otherwise from Satan but I digress...
    DPBCj5Fl.jpg
    9Hzsmmyl.jpg
    uD3F7fdl.jpg
    HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS!!!

I have wanted an arm ring for the longest time, and I haven't been able to get one because of adulting and responsibilities. This is so fucking cool.

Thank you Satan, if it was in fact you. And if it wasn't, thank you to whoeverthefuck you are! I love you!!

Whoa that rules

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Ladybug2332Ladybug2332 Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

So I'm gonna get fat. Also I think we read Brave New World in high school (equivalent) English, but maybe just parts of it? I definitely can't remember much, but I know I did enjoy it.

Thank you very much, @Ladybug2332 these gifts will bring a lot of enjoyment to my commute and my office!

I’m glad you like it! Brave New World is my all time FAVORITE book. We read it in high school too and I have probably reread it another dozen times. Especially with today’s society and all the craziness in the world, reading it again as an adult gives it a whole new meaning.
    I hope you enjoy!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    In case someone is nervously checking the thread, I have had at least one Mysterious Package delivered to my home

I have not had time to open it yet, as it takes me a long while to open packages, so I cannot even guarantee it is from this

But if you were wondering and all of that, yes, there is Something that is sitting on my table

How mysterious

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Dear Satan, send me cat ears for streaming

• .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Maybe..

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
    I think Satan stopped by...

The package was opened before I got home but inside

9k25x8nwwzjd.jpg

Some kickass socks for my feet!

Seriously, these socks rule!

No note or anything.

I finally own a pair of socks with a tiny penis on them.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    whoa those are cool

EzUAYcn.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    ohmygosh i am super jealous of those socks

ohmygosh i am super jealous of those socks

Well they'll be on Raijins Quickfeet soon so

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    It was a dark and stormy night when the Dark Messenger came...

No seriously it's raining sideways out there, I don't know how the postal worker got the box to my apartment without it being soaked through. But it is here, and I did not order it, which means it must be from my Satan. Let's get a good look.
    H93k93O.jpg?1

The sigils are still intact, holding what may lie within. I lack a familiar to trip any wayward wards so I'll simply have to brave the unsealing myself. And within is...
    PggkCOs.jpg?1

Brown paper! Oh wait, it's just covering what's truly inside. Then let's try again.
    d862pXG.jpg?1

The moment of truth
    xRzf9eb.jpg?1

Books! Two books I've never heard of but which have very interesting back covers, along with a packing slip wherein my Satan had the following to say about them.
    The Traitor Baru Cormorant

Political fantasy! This book pairs well with another in my gift, as each looks at the justice (or lack thereof) in massive empires, from very opposite perspectives.
    Three Parts Dead

Urban fantasy! Magical lawyers overseeing bankruptcy protection of a church whose god has died!

I like it, especially the one for Three Parts Dead. There's something about taking the common theme of a dead or dying god and putting a twist on it that I just love, and I'm already a fan of the idea for necromantic lawyers, if I read the back cover correctly. I'll definitely have to put that one on the priority reading list.

Thank you, Satan! I don't actually know who it was, since it only had their real name on the packing slip, but thank you all the same.

Madican on
    I'm going to have a hard time deciding which of those socks I'm going to wear tomorrow

All of them! A popped ankle of socks.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    You could wear one pair as mittens

Platy on
  • OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    I have recieved a thing! I also have another thing I need to go pick up tomorrow. I'll post an update once I obtain it.

Two more packages arrived!

I'm now suspicious that Ladybug is a witch trying to fatten me up for the oven.
    xxlecvq29vqy.jpg

That Sherlock Holmes edition is pretty great. I remember that my Dad had like bands 2 and 4 of a Sherlock collection and I read them as a kid. There were some very scary stories in there, now I can see if that holds up. I guess Hound of Baskervilles is the first that usually comes to mind, but for me the scariest was "The Speckled Band".

Anyway, this edition has nice pictures every couple of pages and I randomly opened it to one that describes my current situation perfectly:

q4who38a3tuc.jpg

Thanks again, @Ladybug2332 those are all great gifts!

Although, in the spirit of the figure skating I saw yesterday you get a technical deduction for giving me candy that now sits in my office, mocking and tempting me. I just arrived! It's 8:30! I can't start eating candy now!
    ...he says while already opening the bag

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Satan...

I trust in you and will love whatever fun wacky inspiring thing you decide to get me!

But if you DO decide to go book-wise or if you just want to mine my areas of interest, I realized that I did not include my separate amazon wishlist devoted entirely to books

Which is here

http://a.co/33wSqKi

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

No seriously it's raining sideways out there, I don't know how the postal worker got the box to my apartment without it being soaked through. But it is here, and I did not order it, which means it must be from my Satan. Let's get a good look.
    H93k93O.jpg?1

The sigils are still intact, holding what may lie within. I lack a familiar to trip any wayward wards so I'll simply have to brave the unsealing myself. And within is...
    PggkCOs.jpg?1

Brown paper! Oh wait, it's just covering what's truly inside. Then let's try again.
    d862pXG.jpg?1

The moment of truth
    xRzf9eb.jpg?1

Books! Two books I've never heard of but which have very interesting back covers, along with a packing slip wherein my Satan had the following to say about them.

Political fantasy! This book pairs well with another in my gift, as each looks at the justice (or lack thereof) in massive empires, from very opposite perspectives.
    Three Parts Dead

Urban fantasy! Magical lawyers overseeing bankruptcy protection of a church whose god has died!

I like it, especially the one for Three Parts Dead. There's something about taking the common theme of a dead or dying god and putting a twist on it that I just love, and I'm already a fan of the idea for necromantic lawyers, if I read the back cover correctly. I'll definitely have to put that one on the priority reading list.

Thank you, Satan! I don't actually know who it was, since it only had their real name on the packing slip, but thank you all the same.

there’s more to come :twisted:

I actually expected the other one to arrive first as it shipped two days earlier

(Also you’re very welcome and I hope you enjoy them/the rest)

To quench everyone's absolutely RABID curiosity...

I went with The Scream. Orange is my favorite color so I narrowed it down and then asked my kids.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

H93k93O.jpg?1

PggkCOs.jpg?1

d862pXG.jpg?1

The moment of truth
    xRzf9eb.jpg?1

Three Parts Dead

Psst.

Cover your shipping labels. ALL of them, and every part of them. Unless you don't care about your home address being out in the wild.

edited November 2018
    Grobian wrote: »
    Two more packages arrived!

I'm now suspicious that Ladybug is a witch trying to fatten me up for the oven.
    xxlecvq29vqy.jpg

That Sherlock Holmes edition is pretty great. I remember that my Dad had like bands 2 and 4 of a Sherlock collection and I read them as a kid. There were some very scary stories in there, now I can see if that holds up. I guess Hound of Baskervilles is the first that usually comes to mind, but for me the scariest was "The Speckled Band".

Anyway, this edition has nice pictures every couple of pages and I randomly opened it to one that describes my current situation perfectly:

q4who38a3tuc.jpg

Thanks again, @Ladybug2332 those are all great gifts!

Although, in the spirit of the figure skating I saw yesterday you get a technical deduction for giving me candy that now sits in my office, mocking and tempting me. I just arrived! It's 8:30! I can't start eating candy now!
    ...he says while already opening the bag

Satan, I'm updating my wish list to be this post!

Xaquin on

I went with The Scream. Orange is my favorite color so I narrowed it down and then asked my kids.

Disappointed by no popped ankles, but orange is my favorite color also, so I approve anyway. Which I'm sure you're relieved to know.

. wrote: »

Disappointed by no popped ankles, but orange is my favorite color also, so I approve anyway. Which I'm sure you're relieved to know.

My day is complete!