As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You can ride a motorbike in the new [ZELDA] - DLC PACK 2 PAGE 36

1424344454648»

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Wyborn wrote: »
    That is an interesting comparison. I tend to think of Spirit Tracks as being a straight upgrade to Phantom Hourglass in every meaningful way, with only overworld interactions being particularly "weird" in the MM style. Do you think of ST in a similar light compared to PH? If so, does that hold for comparing MM to OoT?
    I think they are the same in that they very clearly very directly build on the game that came before it. Now where I think they are different is Spirit Tracks is specifically wanting to build up the ideas that aren't quite executed well in PH, while MM does build on OOT... but mainly to build a game that is narratively, atmospherically, and structurally completely different.

Like I don't think you'd ever get either without the games they came after. Not just in assets but that I think that the experience of making OOT and PH was critical for making MM and ST respectively.

Gundi on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I've been reading the core rules for Reclaim the Wild, a Zelda tabletop RPG

https://reclaimthewild.net/

It's got simple dice rolls (everything is 2d6), the backstory and team bond elements are really cool, it's written for a setting largely based on BOTW (possibly specifically post-Calamity Ganon's defeat, based on some of the flavor text) but can easily be set in and include elements from any era of the franchise

I'll likely never end up playing this (though I'd like to) but it's fun to read and sort of imagine what other adventures are happening out there