As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    The middle of the Truck mode for MP-44 looks weird on the leg area. Not sure if it's mistransformed . I really hope HLJ and other retailers aren't committing to that price. OMP seems to have which sucks.
    Heffling wrote: »
    I hope this crashes the price on MP-10 so I can pick one up (with trailer) for cheap.

You already can get the Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime version cheap on HLJ. Granted it doesn't come with a trailer but it just looks awesome in that colour scheme. One of my favourite Transformer figures.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    I'm wondering if there will be a lot of sales of old MPs. Usuay it is kinda trading in your old one for the new one right? If this new one is another level of expensive are people going to bother?

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Can I get a walkthrough for that tweet, please? That last one is Shattered Glass Optimus Prime, right?

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Can I get a walkthrough for that tweet, please? That last one is Shattered Glass Optimus Prime, right?

I am guessing here, but to me it looks like someone changed the color of MP-44 with the Starscream parts to look like Thundercracker and Skywarp.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Oh! I see! Thanks - I guess I started overthinking it.

• Options
    I came across a YouTube review of the Gridman Mini-Pla last night, which reminded me that it exists and that I want it, bad, which prompted me to check if it's on sale. Every site I came across basically said "Comes out at the end of November" combined with "This is out of print, you missed the pre-order and you will never get it, stand in the corner and feel shame". Hopefully that's just for pre-orders, and they'll open stuff up again when the kit is more widely available, but man, sometimes the logistics of acquiring these dumb pieces of plastic are so exhausting that they're almost not worth it.

The review makes the figures looks pretty good, incidentally. It's like the Megazord Mini-Pla, though: looks exactly like you remember the 90's toys looking (better, even), but there are a bunch of disappointing sacrifices made to get all the modes looking good, the transformation to work, and for all of it to fit into a small do-it-yourself kit. Mostly it's partsformer-type stuff. Mind you, I love me a good partsformer, but only when all the bits have some designated place to go in both modes. Here, it looks like fists, feet, and various connector-covering panels just sit to the side in at least one mode of three, which is a bummer.

• Options
    So I got Predaking today... THIS THING IS HUGE!!!!! Yeah I am really that dumb apparently... I should know by now any of the new TFs that cost more than $100 are frigging huge. Should have stopped with Fortress Maximus. But noooo. I had to pick up Trypticon for cheap. Then wondered what the heck I was doing having two huge Transformers on the floor since they don't fit on the shelves. So somehow my brain went out of the window and I bought Predaking. I'm going to make a decision now and not buy Omega Supreme. Yep. So not going to do it.

My comments on Predaking is that he actually is fun to transform. The only complaints I have are the tabbing of panels to make each bot look ok or the entire thing. But yeah overall he really is an impressive piece of Engineering. Wish he came with a sword, but that's ok. I can also see why there are modification parts to fill his lower back since it i

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Why the hell hasn't my TFSource order shipped yet? I want my Quantron, that was like a week ago !

Apparently this is my first order with TFSource, and they were requiring me to call to confirm the order before it would ship, so that’s interesting

I missed the email in the mix of other order emails from that time

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Why the hell hasn't my TFSource order shipped yet? I want my Quantron, that was like a week ago !

Apparently this is my first order with TFSource, and they were requiring me to call to confirm the order before it would ship, so that’s interesting

That is weird. I don't remember having to do that for my first order. Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here on.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Maybe because it’s the holidays too and they’re worried about fraud

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Opened up my Predaking as well

The individual bots and beast modes are garbage.

Predaking himself looks neat, except the hollow lower back that can fit small toys inside. With the armbots' legs extended he has more articulation and just looks more proportionate, but Rampage's legs split apart easily. Maybe I'm not straightening them out properly and it's causing a gap, or maybe the combined mode arms just aren't supposed to be transformed this way, but the result leaves the left arm coming apart easily when moving the hand.

Speaking of Rampage, his beast mode looks more like some kind of bear than a cat, but then all the beast modes suck.

Anyway hid most of the pics in a spoiler so they don't take up too much space the page this time
    UuP7tLl.jpg
    qPlwTxK.jpg
    n80xy98.jpg
    ngePGcO.jpg
    upC4RTO.jpg
    UB7RDM8.jpg
    c3gQKcp.jpg

VZ74tIn.jpg
    LwYpb2H.jpg
    7Eiq51u.jpg
    3dzswse.jpg
    hP7Fbf8.jpg
    kOIybrO.jpg
    lKyFcXq.jpg

H3tpLCs.jpg
    ure8znY.jpg
    oHiTbBF.jpg
    zz6f9zV.jpg
    iSxwTLp.jpg

"Say my name"
    "Predaking"
    "You're god damn right"

wFPmA8X.jpg
    XFkwtwa.jpg
    dvngzFJ.jpg

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options

I never had to do that so the holidays theory may be true.

Also you are all making me want predaking more now.

• Options
    Maybe this will help WingedWeasel. I concur with Heatwave, the beast modes for both Tantrum and Headstrong both sort of suck since Predaking's thighs are attached to them (and are lazily stuffed between their legs in beast mode or dangling off their backs in robot mode). Plus their hind legs love to stay stiff since their hind quarters (where their legs attach to the body) are stuck in the position they are in.

But to make it harder to resist. Amazon has him for $84ish right now!!! GO BUY HIM!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Power-Primes-Predaking/dp/B079VNNGM5

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Dammit, missed my chance

• Options
    Eh, Hasbro's Predaking does not entice me at all. I still want to pick up a Feral Rex sometime.

I called TFSource and had to leave them a voicemail. They better ship my dang stuff

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Yeah, I have no room for...well anything, but especially TR Predaking. Feral Rex and OS Nero Rex and good enough for me.

Oh, and the G1 reissue.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Found a mod for Rampage to let me keep the legs from splitting. It's not 100% perfect but it's a big improvement .

Just wish I had done it earlier in the day and not the evening before work tomorrow.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/potp-rampage-adjustment.1161097/

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Odd, mine does not have any problems splitting. Guess I got lucky for once?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Sorry for the double post but I wanted to share photos of Studio Series Dropkick. This guy (gal?) is awesome!!! I absolutely love the SuperCobra mode. They even gave it the gatling canon and rocket launchers which is a nice touch. The transformation sequence is actually rather crazy with his arms being the back of the helicopter and the legs are the body. I honestly have so much fun transforming this toy way too much. What I found odd is that the photos on the box and instructions show a Decepticon symbol on the nose of the SuperCobra but there are none on the toy. Which is making me think of slapping an Autobot symbol on his chest and call him Whirl.

Oh yeah, and you can see the "car" parts they left behind on the legs (the rear break lights are the two dots).
    dropkick01.jpg
    dropkick02.jpg
    dropkick03.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I really like copterformers for some reason

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Great pics Betsuni.

Speaking of copterformers I'd really love a G1/IDW Rotorstorm by MMC/Ocular Max.

Rotorstorm was my Jam as a kid, even though his shoulders didn't lock securely to the torso.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I really like copterformers for some reason

Yeah, they always caught my eye as well. Ever since my brother got a Japanese "Whirl" (it was the Japanese toy that Whirl was used from) I loved them. Something about their transforming and alt mode I think. Doesn't hurt I have an obsession with the HIND and Apache.

Also on another note, Amazon Japan put up the preorder listing for the Prime "v3" at 34,255 yen (and dropping apparently).

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B07L324QLS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl2&tag=aysletsfolthe-22&linkId=969bd3901abdfa81a5f6144304eff4cc&language=ja_JP

I put in a pre-order to see how much it would be and shipping is 1,200 yen to the USA. This comes out to be about $313 including shipping making him a bit more reasonable. I have till August 12, 2019 to cancel him if I want.

Edit: Odd, now it is at 36,995.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I’m not a huge fan of the studio series (the plastic just looks too cheap for what they are trying to do), but I may make an exception for that Cobra gunship

• Options
  • Options
    I ordered MP44 Optimus Prim V3 from HLJ. Could have waited and ordered from another site like CDJapan, but that'd only save me about 20AUD. At least on HLJ I can group it with any other order I have within the 2 months around August 2019.

Worked out to be 40000 yen, plus the inevitable 10% tax will make it around 535AUD excluding shipping.

Still salty about the price but I need my plastic crack.

Just going to be super annoying as I want to upgrade my PC next year as well

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    At least there is a good side.... There won't be another MP till then so you're safe on that front at least.

I saw more photos of him and now I'm questioning my pre-order. On one hand he's going to be awesome with the amount of engineering and parts moving around to make him work and his ability to pose really well. The other hand... His gun folds!!!! ARG!!!!! Although at least this time it doesn't look as annoying as MP-10's gun, but still, it folds and I worry that I'll end up with it being a crooked gun. Plus the area right behind the cab on the "flat" part is somewhat annoying to me not being completely blue since it is a side effect to being able to be transformed.

Sorry, just complaining out loud to people who are now forced to read my complaints about a toy (but I needed to get this out).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Another weird thing about the cab mode is that the legs don't seem to collapse enough. The back section almost seems a little too long.

In other news some TFW2005 forumers went nuts over the announcement of a sexy third party Arcee figure. Big Firebird Arcee

I've seen the 3rd grey renders and while the cleavage is a bit overdone, I think it still looks like an alright figure simply because the artwork reminds me of an a Tekkaman Blade design.

Hold on a minute. Now that I actually enlarged the artwork, I can see why so many had an issue with this figure. Because either there is some very specific shading on her cleavage or those are some god damn pink areolas . Yeah that just made me lose all interest.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw the huge drama unfold on TFW about that figure. I thought it is just like the other figures that come from Japan, except that it transforms. Didn't see what you saw though... which is unfortunate. But it isn't half as bad as the "real human boobs" add-on that was teased for FT Rouge.

Yeah, I'm really torn on MP-44 right now. Will wait to see how he looks the more photos of him come out. There is a part of me that thinks I will cancel my pre-order for him before it launches. Then regret it after since his price will be higher by the time I want him. I did see that the possible Hasbro release will cost $430 from Entertainment Earth (which is making people wonder why BBTS and TFSource have it for a bit more).

On the toy news side, I just got my Shockwave MP-29 and can't wait to buy some batteries for him to try out the lights! I had a knockoff long ago that I loved playing with so picked him up to remember the fun. I was amazed at the transforming of the Masterpiece version. I will take some pics of him to share.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I still can't believe it's $400+

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    I keep seeing that that's a lot of accessories, the most of any Masterpiece toy, but like... I don't see that being justification for the cost?

Actually, for me, the extra accessories are a detriment, because it means I need to stick them in a baggie and then find a place to put said baggie.

• Options
    I use a Plano type case to toss my extras into it. Which reminds me, I need another for my newer stuff.

With the EE release I'm wondering if the whole "electronic voice" thing is real. If it is, I would laugh if there is an English voice OP and Japanese voice OP. That would make me not want the Japanese version and then seriously question me buying the US version.

On another note, I noticed that there are rumors of reissue of the SoC Lion Voltron and a possible SoC Vehicle Voltron in 2019! If that's the case I'm going to cancel my OP and go with those.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I keep seeing that that's a lot of accessories, the most of any Masterpiece toy, but like... I don't see that being justification for the cost?

Actually, for me, the extra accessories are a detriment, because it means I need to stick them in a baggie and then find a place to put said baggie.

Toss em in the trailer?

• Options
    I keep my accessories in a few small storage containers.

I try to keep each set of accessories in resealable sandwich bags if the figures don't come with their own like figmas. If I didn't have most of them bagged it'd be total chaos trying to find wants goes with what toy. Especially if they were like S.h.Figuarts hands or something.

Instructions are jammed in a variety of locations I pretty much never read these days. If I get stuck transforming something I just watch a few youtube videos.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    How dare you try to put a price on the Matrix of Leadership

• Options
    Holy shit this would be amazing

I love most kharacters in MK but baraka is so unique that it's amazing to see him getting a figure

• Options
    Wow. So there are new photos of MP-44. I was going to cancel my pre-order till I saw these photos. I really are intrigued by the transforming.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/12/10/transformers-generations-book-2019-masterpiece-mp-44-optimus-prime-ver-3-0-images-378565

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    It certainly looks amazing, that's for sure.

But the price is still killer. I'll wait an inevitable cheaper release without all the accessories.

*cough*or a KO*cough*

• Options
    I'll wait to see if it's actually stable and durable, and if it turns out it doesn't snap in half, then I'll maybe wait for a sale or something

I also prefer less of a cartoon look and more of the toy look, so I'm still perfectly happy with MP10. Like, I wish Sunstreaker had an alt toy-version head.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.