As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Secret Santa Twenty Eighteen!

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    In case anyone needs some help finding recommendations, Quantic Foundry's engine is great: https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/recommendations/tabletop/boardgame/

I'm also happy to help research suggestions, but I know there's a ton of good resources out there for that.

Also I realize looking at my letter to santa that I didn't really mention what games I've been playing lately - I have been working to better log my plays though, so you can see a fair amount of what I've played over the last three months here: https://boardgamegeek.com/plays/bygame/user/Nullzone/subtype/All/start/2018-08-01/end/2018-10-31

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018
    I will say, whoever got me, give it a day or two before you try to use the BGG list - that needs some updating, though the trends hold.

E: Updated, realized I'd misplaced Ladies & Gentlemen, wife found Ladies & Gentlemen, all right in the world.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I will say, whoever got me, give it a day or two before you try to use the BGG list - that needs some updating, though the trends hold.
    Oh right, I should follow up on mine and also make sure it's actually good now. I did do a big overhaul on my wishlist, but then there was a math trade where I actually got a couple of things from it. >_<

[Update]
    I was a good boy when I looked it over Saturday night. Don't seem to be any errors~

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Just coming in to say I didn't think I could participate this year, and I see I missed the deadline anyway. I hope to participate next time.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Had to fix my signature size and lost my gift get link. Also moved them over to imgur since Photobucket is irritating.

https://imgur.com/a/Z0dPADZ
    bIzVQ6K.gif
    LJWaakG.gif
    emhyhwS.gif
    3TX0C9Q.gif
    6J34LmD.gif
    9DxtKmH.gif

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    A wild package appears!
    9DxtKmH.gif
    (Disclaimer, I'm not sure if this is for G&T or CF)
    MDuvAOul.jpg
    A package arrives! And my children thought it was Pokemon Let's Go Eevee.

ZIeeAOxl.jpg
    It's Small World Cursed! I have two other expansions but have been missing this one!

rfpHio9l.jpg
    Thank you @It Burns!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Hot Damn, Santa is coming early this year!

How is Small World? I've never played it.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Hot Damn, Santa is coming early this year!

How is Small World? I've never played it.

It's a fun area control game that's very light. No big combat and you never get attached to your race or area, because you'll just capture it later.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Screen-Shot-2016-02-11-at-2.11.03-PM.png

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Mystery Amazon package in the mailbox. Not sure if from G&T or CF SS. Will post image later when I get home.

Edit: Here we go!

u2a51594vctu.jpg

And thus, the mystery begins....

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    My goodness, a mystery package arrived. What praytell was in it? A very delicious hot sauce, as pictured below (I'd take a photo but my house is damn dark right now). Also a cryptic note that Santa is watching...Always watching. I don't know about that but they have DAMN good timing. I got paid today and was just getting ready to put an order in because I just ran out. So my hat is off to you Santa.

mu1rfo6wa3ki.jpg

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Got up this morning to find a package that wasn't there when I got home last night sitting in my mail pile. Clearly some pawn of the Ruinous Powers had infiltrated my home in pursuit of inquiries most foul!

9DxtKmH.gif

p5mr6whjnix0.jpg

This "Xan'ta" being seems to have attempted to disguise its agents as some sort of Yuletide band of merry-makers, but been thwarted by agents of Grimnir in search of Ur-gold. Also pictured are some foul relics of the men that once walked these ill-omened halls. They now wander in thrall to the Master of the Black Pyramid, afoot on some unknowable errand in search of peace... or souls to join their damned march.

And yes, Santa, the Eyes of the Nine in particular were the one I wanted - note my avatar / the box's contents! This should be in no way construed as some manner of confusing gambit to expose others to the whims of Tzeentch, the Architect of Fate. Nosiree. As to the Dwarves, the newer set's not out yet - was trying to leave a window, suggestion-wise, in case you dragged your feet a bit like I have been. These doughty warriors will probably annoy the hell out of my buddy's Orks at least! Thanks a ton!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Awesome, glad I got you the right ones. The Elves were an easy purchase, but I wasn't sure about the Dwarves. Happy to hear you didn't have them already.

Here's to you and yours having a happy holiday season!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    6J34LmD.gif

Didn't even hear the package get dropped off yesterday, so this was a pleasant surprise when I opened my door!

5g6ddbwe8k54.jpg

This looks really good! Now I have to decide whether to finish Well of Ascension now and read this next, or put that on hold and read this first. Thank you Santa for the book and the dilemma!

Denada on
  • Options
    I might be the only person in this affected by it, but just a heads up that Canada Post is definitely still doing rotating strikes and it'll probably impact any delivery times here. This is as much a "try not to go for something with a tight deadline" warning as it is an "If it takes longer than you're expecting for something to arrive, don't start to worry immediately" reassurance.

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2018
    9DxtKmH.gif

I woke up to this on my doorstep!
    IMG_5530-960.jpg
    IMG_5531-960.jpg
    Wow cool these are great party games, thanks ... uh ... there was no note in this package, that's strange.

What's that honey?
    There's another box for me?

IMG_5532-960.jpg

IMG_5533-960.jpg

Wow.. this is super generous.

And this one DOES come with a note!
    IMG_5534-960.jpg

THANKS Denada! ... That sounds like I am having a conversation with myself. I bet they get that a lot.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
  • Options
    MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to post something for my Santa, that I got the Betrayl Legacy game, so if that was on a list please disregard it. Thank you!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I got home tonight after a long drive (8 hours!) from visiting family out of town, and see a package sitting at the doorstep...
    "Hmm..." I think, "I haven't ordered anything from amazon recently."

It's addressed to me, so I open it...
    9DxtKmH.gif

YowZ7Cf.jpg

Thank you, @???
    It seems I do have a mystery to solve after all...

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ... I ran out of letters on the gift note. Took me forever to fit that in the space.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Thank you!

• Options
    I also gift get! Sushi Go Party from my Mystery Santa! I'm super stoked. I've been meaning to get this damn game forever but there seems to be always something else higher on the list, but now I finally have it and I'm going to play it soon!

My Santa has also said that I have one more package to look out for so once I have everything I'll post a big shot.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Hark! A bludgeoning device!
    IMG_20181128_223332.jpg?width=473&height=630

And a note?
    IMG_20181128_223347.jpg?width=473&height=630

Why yes, I DO enjoy complex eurogames! Scythe, Ora et Labora, Low Lands, and Terra Mystica/Gaia Project are among some of my favorite games ever. But this is far too small to be something like that...what could be inside?
    IMG_20181129_131005.jpg?width=473&height=630
    IMG_20181129_131013.jpg?width=473&height=630

Fascinating! It strikes me as something between Low Lands and Deep Sea Adventure. Keen to try it out! Thanks mystery Santa!

(I have my suspicion as to who this is, but generally have a policy of not airing that knowledge, so as to respect the gifter's privacy)

(I'm also not 100% certain this is CF santa as I'm also signed up for Secret Satans, but the inquiry about complex eurogames and lack of Satan driven thematics suggests this to be more likely)

Nullzone on
  • Options
    Ugh, sorry for huge - I guess the width/height tags on the url don't work for the parser here?

• Options
    If they do I've never figured them out either. Spoiler tags tend to be a good friend.

• Options
    I think this thread is pretty safe for large images. Everyone wants everyone else to show off their gifts in high res glory.

• Options
    Big yes, but not over the 2MB limit ;)

• Options
    Gift sent. I was unable for... reasons... to put a label on the first package and had to split it into two, so the note will come with the second.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Waiting for things to arrive is the worst.

Fortunately, PAX tomorrow to distract me!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

PAX Unplugged I assume? If so, hit up Fowers Games at booth 3032. Tell Jeff that Ben says hi and I'll be bothering him on Skype after he gets back home.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

PAX Unplugged I assume? If so, hit up Fowers Games at booth 3032. Tell Jeff that Ben says hi and I'll be bothering him on Skype after he gets back home.

If ArcSyn forgets, I hopefully won't.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Oh man, I should send you all in waves. I did that to him for PAX East. It was pretty funny.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Oh man, I should send you all in waves. I did that to him for PAX East. It was pretty funny.

I mean, I won't be there til tomorrow, but I think ArcSyn's there already, so you've got two waves at least.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Yup! I already mentioned it. He laughed.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options

Thanks! I'll try and get more sent his way.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options

Got him this morning.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

Got him this morning.

That’s great! I gotta find more minions to send his way.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Amazon is having a big sale today, if you've been procrastinating on your gifts: https://boardgameprices.com/categories/amazon daily board game deals

• Options
    It seems my assumptions about which Santa my last gift came from were misguided? The package I just received suggests they were gifts from my Satan, rather than the CF crew. Nonetheless, you can see pics here in case I'm just completely backwards confused: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/40473612/#Comment_40473612