Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Video Game Music 2: Symphony of the NiGHTS

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    lol crunchii ate a ban

2 dozen+ copyright strikes

you don't come back from that

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    whoops

BahamutZERO.gif

BahamutZERO.gif
    augustAndy Joe
  • HenroidHenroid Radio Demon Internet HellRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    lol crunchii ate a ban

2 dozen+ copyright strikes

you don't come back from that
    We salute you crunchii. Nintendo, we salute you as well, but with a single finger in the air.

Centrism is just the cowardly way to be a bigot w/o being explicit about it.
    American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Would it be more appropriate to classify that Gangplank Galleon remix as 'pirate disco' or 'pirate funk'?

Either way, it's something I never knew I needed before and now I can't imagine a world without it.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    With Ether's cover of Megalovania from Undertale

BahamutZERONaphtaliBeastehdarunia106Moth 13
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

bandcamp links unfortunately don't embed (what is this, the *stone age*?), but dig this:

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    and on
    and on

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    this intro always made me hype

good morning

twitch.tv/frawrst
    J3qcnBP.png
    Zonugal
  • ReynoldsReynolds Raving Rabbit Registered User regular
    Yuzo Koshiro Concert Livestreamed Free Tonight at 9PM PT

They're gonna play something from The Scheme apparently. Woo!

OGueI9Q.gif
    Crippl3BahamutZERO
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

This song was made for him

BeastehBahamutZEROMoth 13
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Yuzo Koshiro Concert Livestreamed Free Tonight at 9PM PT

They're gonna play something from The Scheme apparently. Woo!

Oh shit gonna watch this for sure

BahamutZERO.gif
    the concert is starting!

BahamutZERO.gif
    Shout outs to Jeff Ball, the composer of Timespinner's soundtrack. This track I believe is the credits theme (I'm unsure because my nephew and niece have been shrieking banshees the past week and I barely heard the game audio).

American politics isn't 4D chess, it's just if you give a shit about other people or not.
    DelzhandMoth 13

Going back to TES IV for a sec.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Recently I bought the DOOM 2016 soundtrack and it's fucking amazing. I loved it in the game of course, and listening to it to and from work is really nice as well. Does anyone know of any more music that's similar to it that I could check out?

GUOZVYl.png
    That's done with more audio channels than the actual NES sound chips had available right? Not that I use that as a point of criticism, that's pretty damn rad.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Looks like it’s based on the VR6 which was an audio helper chip released in a handful of Japan-only Konami games. I don’t think Nintendo allowed the release of games with helper chips like that outside of Japan for whatever reason.

august on
    Pac Man's character is difficult to explain even to the Japanese -- he is an innocent character. He hasn't been educated to discern between good and evil. He acts more like a small child than a grown-up person. Think of him as a child learning in the course of his daily activities. If someone tells him guns are evil, he would be the type to rush out and eat guns. But he would most probably eat any gun, even the pistols of policemen who need them.
    BahamutZERO
    Darmak wrote: »
    Recently I bought the DOOM 2016 soundtrack and it's fucking amazing. I loved it in the game of course, and listening to it to and from work is really nice as well. Does anyone know of any more music that's similar to it that I could check out?

Look up the F.E.A.R., Wolfenstein and Quake II OSTs

Darmak
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Also for more of the Mick Gordon fix, the Killer Instinct 2013 soundtrack is just filled with great tracks.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    DarmakCrippl3
  • BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular

PaperLuigi44BeastehNeveronMoth 13
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Also for more of the Mick Gordon fix, the Killer Instinct 2013 soundtrack is just filled with great tracks.

I'll check those out, thanks y'all!

GUOZVYl.png
    god I forgot how good his work on KI was

august wrote: »
    1) I'm glad you linked this because I was about to look it up after reading your post
    2) "Destiny" is one of the coolest tracks in that video. Short it may be, the way the notes ramp up gives me actual chills, sounds so good.

oh that's a neat album

BahamutZERO.gif
    LD50
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist rugged, weathered Registered User regular

Can't help but smile to the Chocobo tune

407aag2enoe3.png

So I'm dipping my toes back into Breath of the Wild, which I bought with my Switch in June but haven't put more than like 15 hours into. The music in that game is really nice, I just wish there were more of it! It's so quiet all the damn time!

that was a conscious sound design decision

super minimalist

BREAK THE TARGETS!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    august wrote: »
    Looks like it’s based on the VR6 which was an audio helper chip released in a handful of Japan-only Konami games. I don’t think Nintendo allowed the release of games with helper chips like that outside of Japan for whatever reason.

It's not just that they weren't allowed to, it's that it wasn't possible. The NES cartridge slot didn't have the audio pins that allowed the chip to work properly, whereas the Famicom did. The pins were moved to the expansion slot on the system's underside in anticipation for the NES's equivalent of the Famicom Disk System, which never materialized. This video explains it (the relevant part is at 11:12, but the whole video is worth a watch. It also explains differences between versions of Contra and Bayou Billy).

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    recommence the smash musicposting

BahamutZERODelzhand