As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Troubled Tidings in Threshold Town[Phalla]- Finished Masters and Coroner Victory

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    yeah, could always be reading too much into the narration, but Virgil's death sounds like bad guy kill and Aura's sounds like a Vig. We might have too few people for a SK to make sense.

Also, because I also locked down the Alt win con with Obi, I'm the other (neutral) death seer.

JPants came up Village

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Do you get the role as well, or just alignment?

Also if you've achieved an alternate win condition, why are you still in the game?

Just faction.

The Alt win condition is to correctly guess someone else who has the same role as me. Can update the guess as long as I am alive, but not informed of being correct or not until the end of the game.

So, technically, I haven't won anything and if Obi was lying to me about his role I won't win, but based on our PM, that seems pretty highly unlikely.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I mean, odds are you aren't going to have to worry about it after tonight since you guys already offed Obi.

I'd imagine both of us are gone.

I only came forward in the small hopes a guard exists, but mostly to get info out in front of the village since death results aren't going to share it.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This just seems odd to me. Why announce the information publicly to the village as a neutral when the mafia will almost certainly target you?
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Requiring death seers really bothers me as a spreadsheet keeper.

You not having a vote count near vote close really bothers me as you as a spreadsheet keeper. We need that information in information to tie things together and then not get killed before we report them.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    This just seems odd to me. Why announce the information publicly to the village as a neutral when the mafia will almost certainly target you?
    Maaaybe they aren't neeuuuutral
    Requiring death seers really bothers me as a spreadsheet keeper.
    You not having a vote count near vote close really bothers me as you as a spreadsheet keeper. We need that information in information to tie things together and then not get killed before we report them.
    Some Thursday nights are Scouts. Don't make me post adorable pics of my children.

In all seriousness, there's an audit log on Google Sheets. You can see I updated at ~4:00pm and ~8:45pm. I'm happy to give more folk write access if there are volunteers!

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    ObiFett - Neutral
    Auralynx - Village
    Virgil_Leads_Us - Neutral

Sorry about dropping in late. Catching up with thread now

That would explain why Obi was suspicious. It's a different death seer.

Phoenix-D wrote: »
    ObiFett - Neutral
    Auralynx - Village
    Virgil_Leads_Us - Neutral

Sorry about dropping in late. Catching up with thread now

How are you getting results for everyone at once?

Our (Obi/Me) power required all of our role to vote separately on a target and only a faction was returned. So, if we hadn't found each other to coordinate vote past day 1, the results wouldn't have been always helpful. Your stuff is a complete different power level though, as you're getting full insight into everything.

Seems strange you get the full view.

Honestly, my specific alt win con gives me a "don't care" approach here because as long as Obi and I didn't read it completely wrong, we're going to win. Along with that, I really don't feel like fighting to figure out how to leak results to people the rest of the game without ending up the main vote target.

At least this way, vote can land elsewhere and if the mafia is forced to use their kill to take me out, so be it.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Opt in!

Is today part of the extended weekend or normal day?

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Opt in!

Is today part of the extended weekend or normal day?

Normal day, Festival will be held Saturday and Sunday.

Anyway that's two dead village and two dead neutrals...not ideal. Obi read suspicious as fuck to me and that was wrong, so I'm going to hold off on my next guess in case it was just as badly off >.<

Day 1: Voting fell into one five camps:
    * Lucedes (JaysonFour, JPants, kime, Phoenix-D)
    * AustinP0027 (Egos, Locus)
    * JPants (Lucedes, Sir Fabulous)
    * Sir Fabulous (Auralynx, AustinP0027)
    * chip votes (everybody else)

Lucedes doesn't die. JPants dies in his stead. Vote manipulation and mayoral fiat involved.

Day 2: You're either with ObiFett, or against him.
    * ObiFett (38thDoe, Egos, JaysonFour, jdarksun, Locus, Phoenix-D, premium)
    * Sir Fabulous (Auralynx, kime, Virgil_Leads_You)
    * chip votes (everybody else)

ObiFett and Lucedes led an early vote on JaysonFour based on the speculation of vote manipulation. Phoenix-D countered on ObiFett due to the claims of a neutral win condition. Much discussion of death seers. Auralynx claimed to be villager masons with JPants. Auralynx made a push for Sir Fabulous over ObiFett; in response, five people voted ObiFett.

ObiFett dies. Auralynx dies. Virgil_Leads_You dies.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The ObiFett push is weird. Beyond that, who's on chip votes both days, anyone?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Auralynx made a push for Sir Fabulous over ObiFett; in response, five people voted for ObiFett

Yes, hello, this is crazy suspicious.

Wouldn’t you agree Sir Fabulous

kime wrote: »
    The ObiFett push is weird. Beyond that, who's on chip votes both days, anyone?
    Yes, but they're dead.

Day 1: 38thDoe, jdarksun, ObiFett, premium, Virgil_Leads_You
    Day 2: AustinP0027, Lucedes, ObiFett, Sir Fabulous

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular

Yeah dude I already said so earlier today.

I guess folks just love my sunny disposition.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    OK, but; why are you blaming one of the people who didn't vote for Obi instead of anybody on that wagon?

Also I'm super confused, didn't you claim Neutral with ObiFett? Who couldn't believe that there were additional death seers in Phoenix-D? Did you not share in ObiFett's assessment yesterday? If you're a Neutral and already met your win condition, why are you voting Sir Fabulous instead of... well nobody? Is it just retribution?

And if that's the case, why aren't you voting me instead?

Day 2 Votes (In Order)
    1 JaysonFour (ObiFett)
    1 ObiFett (Phoenix-D)
    2 JaysonFour (ObiFett, Lucedes)
    1 premium (Sir Fabulous)
    2 ObiFett (Phoenix-D, JaysonFour) (JaysonFour ties ObiFett with JaysonFour)
    1 Sir Fabulous (Virgil_Leads_You)
    1 JaysonFour (ObiFett, Lucedes)
    1 Phoenix-D (ObiFett)
    2 Sir Fabulous (Virgil_Leads_You, Auralynx) (Auralynx ties Sir Fabulous with ObiFett)
    3 Sir Fabulous (Virgil_Leads_You, Auralynx, kime) (kime breaks tie)
    3 ObiFett (Phoenix-D, JaysonFour, jdarksun) (jdarksun re-ties)
    4 ObiFett (Phoenix-D, JaysonFour, jdarksun, Egos) (Egos breaks tie)
    5 ObiFett (Phoenix-D, JaysonFour, jdarksun, Egos, Locus)
    6 ObiFett (Phoenix-D, JaysonFour, jdarksun, Egos, Locus, premium)
    7 ObiFett (Phoenix-D, JaysonFour, jdarksun, Egos, Locus, premium, 38thDoe)

I don't get your logic, dude. If Phoenix-D hadn't backed up your assertion that Obi's Neutral, I'd think you were just trying to play along with an easy wagon.

Oh wait you didn't "reveal" as Neutral until after everyone who could verify you was dead. Weird, that.

AustinP0027

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    2 hour warning. Also, tonight's recap post will be late.

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    @Phoenix-D yesterday you said Jpants was green. Did you get colors for last night's deaths?

Sir Fabulous [/quote]

Don't have a good feeling here but was one of the votes for Jpants day 1.

premium wrote: »
    @Phoenix-D yesterday you said Jpants was green. Did you get colors for last night's deaths?

Village Green neutral not; I was using it as shorthand more than anything else.

This is the post I was referring to, made it sound like Jpants was explicitly green.
    Death reveals exist, but not publicly.
    Not really sure how to vote in a Neutral Dominated game without death reveals.

premium as good as any I guess.

Public death reveals may not be a thing, but some of us are able to suss things out anyway.

Jpants was town. Came in all green and everything.

Do you get no colors for neutrals or just no colors?

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    There are some people I am getting suspicious of for meta reasons and there are a large group of people skirting inactivity.

I think Austin’s oddness is most suspicious to me at the moment. I’d love to hear more from the quieter people.

Now does anyone have a map of the continent?

austinp#

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Voted for ObiFett yesterday because he said he was close to achieving his win condition. I didn't know how that would affect the game (Does it just end? Would ObiFett just disappear?) so figured it was better to be safe than sorry.

Austin is probably telling the truth (at least to some extent). ObiFett said he was looking for other people with a similar role to his. And Austin's death seering was confirmed by Phoenix-D, so unless they are in cahoots it seems likely Austin was working with ObiFett.

Sir Fabulous is the better choice of the two.

Looks like Austin is my shot at self-preservation.

Locus wrote: »
    And Austin's death seering was confirmed by Phoenix-D, so unless they are in cahoots it seems likely Austin was working with ObiFett.
    It's actually the other way around.

Yesterday:
    Anyone else with a scry could confirm it. He's green.
    The "he" in this case being JPants.

Today:
    Also, because I also locked down the Alt win con with Obi, I'm the other (neutral) death seer.

JPants came up Village

Risking nothing and offering nothing to "confirm" what Phoenix-D said yesterday. Also note that ObiFett explicitly said they got nothing about color, and yet Austin here is claiming otherwise.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Win conditions aren't necessarily linked with the game ending at all. I'd have assumed most people should know that Locus

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I'd like to see what's under the Sir Fab rock.

Nobody's really otherwise jumping out at me.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    I’m the gorramn Vig!

I’m trying to keep y’all from getting eaten here.

Do we have a vote count?
    Sorry, it's my daughter's bday and I lost track of time.

Neutrals not acting neutral , which is some reasoning at least . : AustinP0027
    have at it , mayor?

I think it's tied again

I don’t know counts but I’m not voting the Vig out.

Locus

hm

Locus