As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Bad News Gone Right]: 2019 - We Are All Filthy Animals, Apparently

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    It's bad sex in literature day!
    Here is the all-male list of contenders:
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/nov/30/bad-sex-award-2018-the-contenders-in-quotes
    “Empty my tanks,” I’d begged breathlessly, as once more she began drawing me deep inside her pleasure cave. Her vaginal ratchet moved in concertina-like waves, slowly chugging my organ as a boa constrictor swallows its prey. Soon I was locked in, balls deep, ready to be ground down by the enamelled pepper mill within her.
    She shuffles her head closer to his cock, close enough to smell her own residue, and then takes it in her mouth, with the vague idea of cleaning it. Geoff mirrors this gesture by burying his head between her legs, and gradually she can feel his cock pumping up with blood, one pulse at a time, until it is long and hard and filling her wide-open mouth. They stay in this position for a long time, Anna sucking and slurping with the same lazy persistence you’d use on a gobstopper or a stick of rock. Eventually she loses her sense of the context altogether – of what she is doing or who she is with or where they are – and becomes an empty vessel for what feels like disembodied consciousness. She looks at the window and wonders how the glass feels encased within its wooden frame, what the shaggy clouds feel like being blown across the sky, what the walls felt like being splattered and smeared with wet paint …

And so on

The 'winner' is announced on Monday

It's like someone went onto /r/BadWomenAnatomy and used all the posts to make the least sexy thing possible in the universe. JFC.

Hey now, dont kink shame. The first is clearly a guy fantasizing about his subconscious desire to fuck his car. It's not his fault he doesnt know this about himself.

The second is a disgusting, veiled rape fantasy, so yeah, fuck that shit.

Wha? The second one is not a rape fantasy, it's pretty clearly someone just completely uninterested in the sex they are having. I actually don't even understand why it's on the list since the whole thing is very obviously deliberately unsexy.

Reading the description of the book itself, afterwords it becomes even more obvious.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Dad has furry daughter, decides to support her by having a fursuit made so he can join her at cons.

Wait...theres something...familiar about that design...

Yes - to support his daughter, Violent J of the ICP had a custom fursuit done with his distinctive face design incorporated.

This is not Bad News, but it is definitely Gone Right.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I actually said Holy fucking shit out loud when I realized who that was in the last picture. I guess even insane clowns can be good dads.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I hope she never asks how magnets work

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    A Furry Juggalo.

Well, damn.

sig.gif
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/nov/30/bad-sex-award-2018-the-contenders-in-quotes
    “Empty my tanks,” I’d begged breathlessly, as once more she began drawing me deep inside her pleasure cave. Her vaginal ratchet moved in concertina-like waves, slowly chugging my organ as a boa constrictor swallows its prey. Soon I was locked in, balls deep, ready to be ground down by the enamelled pepper mill within her.
    She shuffles her head closer to his cock, close enough to smell her own residue, and then takes it in her mouth, with the vague idea of cleaning it. Geoff mirrors this gesture by burying his head between her legs, and gradually she can feel his cock pumping up with blood, one pulse at a time, until it is long and hard and filling her wide-open mouth. They stay in this position for a long time, Anna sucking and slurping with the same lazy persistence you’d use on a gobstopper or a stick of rock. Eventually she loses her sense of the context altogether – of what she is doing or who she is with or where they are – and becomes an empty vessel for what feels like disembodied consciousness. She looks at the window and wonders how the glass feels encased within its wooden frame, what the shaggy clouds feel like being blown across the sky, what the walls felt like being splattered and smeared with wet paint …

And so on

It's like someone went onto /r/BadWomenAnatomy and used all the posts to make the least sexy thing possible in the universe. JFC.

Hey now, dont kink shame. The first is clearly a guy fantasizing about his subconscious desire to fuck his car. It's not his fault he doesnt know this about himself.

Wha? The second one is not a rape fantasy, it's pretty clearly someone just completely uninterested in the sex they are having. I actually don't even understand why it's on the list since the whole thing is very obviously deliberately unsexy.

Reading the description of the book itself, afterwords it becomes even more obvious.

Sorry, but a man writing about a women becoming an empty vessel during sex just set off some alarm bells in my head and I might have interpreted it in the worst way possible. I am glad to know I am wrong, thank you.

furlion wrote: »
    I actually said Holy fucking shit out loud when I realized who that was in the last picture. I guess even insane clowns can be good dads.

Gizmodo has a good interview with Violent J about supporting his daughter after the two put out a video going after an unscrupulous fursuit maker. He makes a really interesting comparison between the furry community and his own fandom:
    VJ: I told Ruby, whatever my kids are into, I’m going to support it, like, as hard as I can. And she’s into furries. And I didn’t know anything about furries, but Ruby taught me everything about them. I felt ashamed because I was like everybody else—I was making fun of furries too. But now I realize furries are a lot like juggalos—the people that follow our music—they’re alike in a bunch of ways. And now I support furries and I support what they’re doing to the fullest.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    A Furry Juggalo.

Well, damn.

The yiffing will be done in a kiddie pool full of Faygo.

But seriously, that's an awesome example to set for your kids. With increasing polarization of seemingly every possible stripe and subject, the world needs more people that respect others and their freedom to make their own choices for their own reasons.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I don't get furries or ICP but a good dad is a good dad.

That's some good shit.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Uh, I'm all for him supporting his daughter, but...I mean... well...

Why the fuck does she want her dad participating in her kink? Hey dad, I'm into assless chaps, next thing you know I'm cruising for strange with my dad in matching leather? This story is half heartwarming and half my worst nightmare.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Why the fuck does she want her dad participating in her kink? Hey dad, I'm into assless chaps, next thing you know I'm cruising for strange with my dad in matching leather? This story is half heartwarming and half my worst nightmare.

Its honestly more than a kink. Just the fetishised part of it is the only part of the furry community that the general populus knows or cares about

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Plenty of people like to cosplay without having to fuck each other in their outfits. Same deal with furries.

steam_sig.png
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fursuiters (which are only a portion of furries) often do things like go to children's hospitals to entertain kids the same as a Disney mascot would.

There's plenty of WTF because they're *people*, but never confuse mass media-worthy stuff with the whole story.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    When I was a kid, somebody's parents getting involved was the signal that a fad was over and it was time for everybody to look for something new.

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    Plenty of people like to cosplay without having to fuck each other in their outfits. Same deal with furries.

It's pretty much seems now to be a 'homebrew Disney' LARPing community, but one that seems incredibly accepting of pretty much anyone given public perception of it's origins and them as a group. And that itself seems to have gotten it a fair few converts.

Tastyfish on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Now I really want his daughter to join the 501st Legion, because that's a custom Trooper design I'd like to see made.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

At least now you know you were wrong about the nightmare part.

• MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Isn’t furdom a wide ranging thing? Like sure, there’s a sizeable kink base, but there’s a tonne who just like wearing animal outfits.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    At this point I'm kind of wondering what sets it apart - if any - from regular cosplay? And would it benefit it to simply call it that, or is it vital to have this specific name for this specific subsection?

There's so many bloody ways this discussion could go, and I'm kind of scared to even bring it up. But the reality is that every other form of cosplay is more or less accepted and legitimized (or at the very least, nobody bats an eye at your average Comic-Con costumer), and 9 times out of 10 when you say the word "furry" people typically go straight to the kink version. So just call the benign version cosplay.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    At this point I'm kind of wondering what sets it apart - if any - from regular cosplay? And would it benefit it to simply call it that, or is it vital to have this specific name for this specific subsection?

There's so many bloody ways this discussion could go, and I'm kind of scared to even bring it up. But the reality is that every other form of cosplay is more or less accepted and legitimized (or at the very least, nobody bats an eye at your average Comic-Con costumer), and 9 times out of 10 when you say the word "furry" people typically go straight to the kink version. So just call the benign version cosplay.

This may be going into the ask the mods if we can start a thread territory?

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »

[Furries] How do they work?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    The difference between Cosplay and Fursuits is that when you Cosplay you're dressing up as a fictional character from a media while most fursuits are designed around the person wearing it's original character.

Obvious overlap but the difference is there.

• CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    shryke wrote: »

And so on

Sorry, but a man writing about a women becoming an empty vessel during sex just set off some alarm bells in my head and I might have interpreted it in the worst way possible. I am glad to know I am wrong, thank you.

The one where the woman is asleep, on the other hand. There'd better be some very clear consent in that story.

Also the one where the woman dissociates during sex, wtf (again, unless it's clearly called out as such).

edit: wait I think the dissociation one is the same one you were talking about; oops

fake edit 2: although the fact that at least two of us had the same reaction to it...

fake edit 3: maybe the awards should be limited to sex scenes that are unintentionally bad

Calica on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    When I was a kid, somebody's parents getting involved was the signal that a fad was over and it was time for everybody to look for something new.

The furry "thing" is going since the early 90s at least. At least that's when I started going on mailboxes pre-internet, and it was there already iirc.

I mean, I also made fun of them often, but I don't anymore. If it's not a kink, it's just people enjoying their time without hurting anyone.

And if it's done by people into kinky stuff- I don't kinkshame as long as it's between consenting mentally able and grown consciousnesses.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular
    I’m retry certain the reason furries get targeted more than every other fandom is that the art/characters they make are just straight uncanny valley material. They don’t have the cute or harmless factor most cosplays and actual animal mascots have. I can’t tell why though.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular

I don't think it needs its own thread, since it's really just about awareness about what actually goes on in a fandom - Atlas in Chains' post above is no different than someone giving you the stink-eye after you say you like video games, because they think the entirety of VG fandom is Mortal Kombat/Halo/GTA/ ultra-violent murder simulators, and you just admitted to spending your down time performing fatalities on prostitutes.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    The side-eye is probably going to be given more by how capital G Gamers (TM) act rather than the content of their games.

Kadoken on
  • CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    LoisLane wrote: »
    I’m retry certain the reason furries get targeted more than every other fandom is that the art/characters they make are just straight uncanny valley material. They don’t have the cute or harmless factor most cosplays and actual animal mascots have. I can’t tell why though.

Simply because most fursuits are made by amateurs, probably. Same reason so many (cheap) Easter Bunny costumes are downright terrifying.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular

I don't think it needs its own thread, since it's really just about awareness about what actually goes on in a fandom - Atlas in Chains' post above is no different than someone giving you the stink-eye after you say you like video games, because they think the entirety of VG fandom is Mortal Kombat/Halo/GTA/ ultra-violent murder simulators, and you just admitted to spending your down time performing fatalities on prostitutes.

My post was entirely a joke about not wanting my dad involved in my sex life. Stink-eye would imply some form of judgement on my part towards furries, when there is none. It simply encompasses more than I knew about yesterday.

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Trump needs to put some respeck on Mr Miracle's name.

In "bad things happening to bad people" news, Milo is super broke.

My favorite part is all the other right wingers he stiffed on ghostwriting his shitty book that will never come out.

That would be Scott Free, a.k.a. Mr. Miracle of the DC Universe.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I know it is a corporation, but I just want to say that the gang in charge of the Merriam-Webster twitter account have been on-point with their shade throwing for a few years now.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh, I thought that was Iron Man.
    Also, yeah, MW are very good and one of my friends from highschool is an editor there.

steam_sig.png
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Giant Christmas tree on van caught on A38 police camera
    55ugaxryxg56.jpg
    A giant Christmas tree being transported on top of a van on a dual carriageway has left police lost fir words.

The image was taken by one of Devon and Cornwall Police's speed camera vans on the A38 on the weekend.

PC Jane Bickley shared the "shocking" image on Twitter as a warning to other drivers travelling with large loads.
    I can't decide if 'fir' was deliberate, or a beautiful mistake.

Also, putting a hi-vis jacket on the end of the tree just elevates this to art.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    The family then went home to put up a 25000 light display. Their neighbors are saying they were responsible for a stereo which broke under mysterious circumstances at that time but the only evidence was a wet carpet.

steam_sig.png
    The Cheesecake Factory has a free cheesecake giveaway with DoorDash.

Things went as expected:
    According to the local news station, police and medics responded to get the crowds under control as DoorDash delivery people flooded The Cheesecake Factory location. Police were called after a fight reportedly broke out in the restaurant. They arrived to discover "an unruly crowd of delivery drivers inside the restaurant, trying to pick up orders, and a rash of double parking around the Clarendon area," though there was not a fight going on at the time.

I Zimbra wrote: »
    In "bad things happening to bad people" news, Milo is super broke.

My favorite part is all the other right wingers he stiffed on ghostwriting his shitty book that will never come out.

It gets better. In order to get the money, Milo did what any internet savvy Millenial would - set up a Patreon account.

He was booted off in less than a day.
    Patreon tweeted that the profile was suspended because the website doesn’t “allow association with or supporting hate groups.” While Yiannopoulos never openly called himself a white supremacist, leaked emails published last year linked him with white nationalists, as did a video in which he sang karaoke at a party with neo-Nazi Richard Spencer while the crowd gave Nazi salutes. He also previously associated with the Proud Boys, who are designated by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group.

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Hatreon was set up specifically because Patreon doesn't allow nazis. But I'm not sure if that site managed to keep going for more than a few months.